The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack

+40
joeyjojo618
Hibbz
catchweight
Scottrf
Rich1066
seanmichaels
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Adam D
TopHat24/7
Steffan
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Gentleman01
Boxtthis
jimdig
bhb001
hogey
azania
Strongback
Izzi
tunes666
mobilemaster8
rob-glos
John Bloody Wayne
oxring
Nico the gman
Hammersmith harrier
Seanusarrilius
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
Small Time
Union Cane
hampo17
KingMonkey
owen10ozzy
huw
Lumbering_Jack
Duty281
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Rodney
44 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 2 Empty Fury launches another foul mouthed attack

Post by Rodney Thu 10 Oct - 16:21

First topic message reminder :

Good marketing tool or is the man completely insane ?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/09/tyson-fury-in-astonishing-foul-mouthed-and-homophobic-twitter-rant-at-david-haye-lennox-lewis-and-wladimir-klitschko-4141152/
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury launches another foul mouthed attack

Post by bhb001 Thu 10 Oct - 22:40

Union Cane wrote:He has talked before about suffering with mental illness, and these outbursts clearly a symptom of his illness.

Yet rather than sympathy and understanding he is met with vitriolic abuse and name-calling.

You should all take a long hard look at yourselves, you really should.

Union, i respect you too much to point out inconsistencies normally, but you were the one who thought it was wrong that a man who threw himself in front of train due to depression was remembered by his friends and colleagues at a boxing event. Some one pulled you up on that at the time and you were dismissive. People on here taking offence to homophobic comments from an admitted self publicist is understandable in my opinion.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury launches another foul mouthed attack

Post by jimdig Thu 10 Oct - 23:04

I'm not defending fury, on twitter he seems intent to come a cross as a grade A Moron. But Is there a case of glass houses on here? Don't most guys use homophobic humour? Is truss actually always hanging out at the oyster? From what I've read he's met most of the board there.

Hold on a minute, is this "boxing website" a cover. Manly men looking to talk to other manly men....hmmm..

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 10 Oct - 23:13

azania wrote:You poor sensitive souls.  So easily offended.  I'm shaking my phone with outrage at what Fury said. He must never be allowed to render another man unconscious for our pleasure.  

I suggest he read War and Peace and quote Voltaire like most sensible and normal people.

As for the abject fool who called him a racist;  isn't pikey a racist term not allowed on here. And please with your views you should be the last person to call anyone that. Or do you want another slap from me?
Exact opposite of what you would say if it was a boxer you had an agenda against.

Must try harder with the windups. They're getting too predictable.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 11 Oct - 0:28

oxring wrote:
On this point we fundamentally disagree - when trained I was encouraged to be "the physician and scientist".  Most Doctors have an intercalated degree as well and I have not yet met one who does not have at least the most basic curiosity into their aetiology.
With out getting too off topic, I will just add this. After a close friend of mine cured her own breast cancer using treatment that is gaining more and more popularity and success, some Doctors have lost their licences promoting it, I just came to the conclusion that they are forced to follow a program and not create one, But maybe my mistake was pigeon holing them all, as not all are the same.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 11 Oct - 7:38

bhb001 wrote:
Union Cane wrote:He has talked before about suffering with mental illness, and these outbursts clearly a symptom of his illness.

Yet rather than sympathy and understanding he is met with vitriolic abuse and name-calling.

Union, i respect you too much to point out inconsistencies normally, but you were the one who thought it was wrong that a man who threw himself in front of train due to depression was remembered by his friends and colleagues at a boxing event. Some one pulled you up on that at the time and you were dismissive. People on here taking offence to homophobic comments from an admitted self publicist is understandable in my opinion.
I did apologise for my insensitivity on that occasion. As for this thread, I was just putting across the other side of the argument, if it was anyone but Fury I doubt it would even get a mention on here. I don't think it is for us to get outraged on behalf of Lennox Lewis, he seems to have handled the situation perfectly well all by himself.

Ricky Hatton is on BBC Breakfast at the moment, promoting his new book.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 11 Oct - 11:02

Union Cane wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

I did apologise for my insensitivity on that occasion. As for this thread, I was just putting across the other side of the argument, if it was anyone but Fury I doubt it would even get a mention on here. I don't think it is for us to get outraged on behalf of Lennox Lewis, he seems to have handled the situation perfectly well all by himself.

Sorry, Union. I didn't see the apology, so did not factor that in. I reckon Khan, Haye and Froch would get as much criticism if they were spouting such rubbish and rightly so. Fully agree with the Lewis comment.

Same as you, I do worry about Fury's mental strength though and have said as much on previous threads. He is a car wreck waiting to happen in my opinion and that is very sad. It is not entertainment.

I do worry about the mental strength of Fury and have said as much on pr

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Oct - 11:31

As it's Fury's second lot of "twitter based homophobic slurs" it's bound to cause a bit more of a kerfuffle. He's already been fined by the BBBC and it's high time he was reined in. Chisora was taken to task after a number of infractions so why not Fury?

Sadly, as there's a big money-spinning fight in the offing I feel it's unlikely to happen any time soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 11:43

Wife beating......Spitting in faces.........Assaulting a guy at a press conference..........brawling in public with Haye and arrested.........

why not hit Fury hard like Chisora........who never got suspended as Luxembourg kindly helped out.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Fri 11 Oct - 12:02

Azania is not homosexual and, as such, cares not that Fury hurls homophobic insults around. For him it is all justified in the name of self-promotion and he tolerates it, in fact embraces it, as he himself is not offended by such insults.

It's not a position I agree with, however everyone is entitled to view Fury's latest ramblings however they see fit.

In the name of balance, however, I assume Azania would take a similarly positive position were Fury to ascribe such pejorative connotations to other human characteristics such as having darker skin, or being a woman, for example.

I assume this as, as we all know, Azania is someone for whom maintaining balance in a stated position is clearly important...

I wouldn't want to accuse anyone of being a hypocrite.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 11 Oct - 12:18

Gentleman01 wrote:Azania is not homosexual and, as such, cares not that Fury hurls homophobic insults around. For him it is all justified in the name of self-promotion and he tolerates it, in fact embraces it, as he himself is not offended by such insults.

It's not a position I agree with, however everyone is entitled to view Fury's latest ramblings however they see fit.

In the name of balance, however, I assume Azania would take a similarly positive position were Fury to ascribe such pejorative connotations to other human characteristics such as having darker skin, or being a woman, for example.

I assume this as, as we all know, Azania is someone for whom maintaining balance in a stated position is clearly important...

Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 2 1347041234 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 11 Oct - 12:20

Union Cane wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

It would probably get more attention if a nice guy like Shane Mosely wrote stuff like this. I'd actually find Shane writing this kind of thing hilarious.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 11 Oct - 12:20

I dunno why people get so upset by Furys comments on Twitter

Acting like a bunch of poofs if you ask me

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Oct - 13:22

azania wrote:You poor sensitive souls.  So easily offended.  I'm shaking my phone with outrage at what Fury said. He must never be allowed to render another man unconscious for our pleasure.  

I suggest he read War and Peace and quote Voltaire like most sensible and normal people.

As for the abject fool who called him a racist;  isn't pikey a racist term not allowed on here. And please with your views you should be the last person to call anyone that. Or do you want another slap from me?
Most predictable post of the day! Arch 606 twit comes to the rescue of giant twitter twit. Bet if Tyson was dropping the n-bomb you wouldn't be so pally.

And as for pikey and gypsy (in this context) being a racist term, neither relate to race so no, they are not. They refer to a lifestyle choice, nothing more, it's akin to calling someone fat (when they are). Also, Fury uses that language to describe himself all the time, therefore there's no reason for others not to adopt it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 13:29

If a guy is a complete b*****d Az seems to like him........

Like his Chisora worship..........

Very worrying...........Glad he's over here and not part of the SA government for whiteys sake !!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 11 Oct - 13:42

Its true compared to Chisora who has covered himself in no glory outside of the ring and also the serial women beater (as well as plenty of other serious offences) Floyd, Fury is an angel. His problem is his mouth is big and his brain is small i am no fan of his but i dont think he is bright enough to realize how he comes across before he writes a tweet.

Last edited by hogey on Fri 11 Oct - 13:49; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 11 Oct - 13:46

hogey wrote:Its true compared to Chisora who has covered himself in no glory outside of the ring and also the serial women beater (as well as plenty of other serious offences) Floyd, Fury is an angel. His problem is his mouth is big and his brain is small i am no fan of his but i dont think he is birght enough to realize how he comes across before he writes a tweet.  
Although possibly not very educated, I dont think he is stupid.

After all, he is about to earn £5m+ for his next fight.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 13:50

Only poor people are stupid..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 11 Oct - 13:55

I know what your saying Adam, but i think that it is exactly the lack of brains that has worked for him. Ask yourself if he was a bit smarter upstairs would he have made the stupid and classless comments that have hit the headlines and bought him to the attention of the public at large and put him in the position to be earning the £5m purse or would he just have kept his mouth shut more and be nothing more than the average up and coming plodding big lump.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 13:57

I think his charisma and unbeaten record and the fact he's been on cable tv are the reasons he's where he is......

I think what he mutters is irrelevant..........

He is a big jolly giant..............with winnable boyish charm......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Oct - 13:58

winnable boyish charm when he's sober and off twitter only. e.g. the Haye presser which was a cracker.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 14:06

I agree............But he is a colorful character in a PC era...........

Not that I think homophobic rants are particularly clever.........Just think he engages mouth or keyboard before thinking of the implications.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Fri 11 Oct - 14:07

Adam D wrote:
hogey wrote:Its true compared to Chisora who has covered himself in no glory outside of the ring and also the serial women beater (as well as plenty of other serious offences) Floyd, Fury is an angel. His problem is his mouth is big and his brain is small i am no fan of his but i dont think he is birght enough to realize how he comes across before he writes a tweet.  

I don't quite understand why people automatically assume that high earnings are a sign of intelligence. If you have a natural talent in a high-paying industry, chances are you will earn a lot.

Whenever a fighter blurts out some offensive nonsense, there's always someone willing to give them a pat on the back and say how clever they are for stoking up interest. Even a dog is clever enough to realise that if it does something and gets a reward for it, then it should probably do it again. That's not business acumen, it's just realising that you can get rewarded for being a tool.

In Fury's case it's possible that his outbursts are part of an inspired business strategy to build interests in his fights. It's also possible that he's just a prat. It's also possible that the interest in Fury is far less to do with his self-promotion, and more to do with his size, his name and his heritage.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 14:12

Paul gascoigne earned plenty.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 11 Oct - 14:18

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:
Adam D wrote:

I don't quite understand why people automatically assume that high earnings are a sign of intelligence. If you have a natural talent in a high-paying industry, chances are you will earn a lot.

Whenever a fighter blurts out some offensive nonsense, there's always someone willing to give them a pat on the back and say how clever they are for stoking up interest. Even a dog is clever enough to realise that if it does something and gets a reward for it, then it should probably do it again. That's not business acumen, it's just realising that you can get rewarded for being a tool.

In Fury's case it's possible that his outbursts are part of an inspired business strategy to build interests in his fights. It's also possible that he's just a prat. It's also possible that the interest in Fury is far less to do with his self-promotion, and more to do with his size, his name and his heritage.
~Fair comment.

However, I dont think that he is as dumb as people think - he has incredible street smarts.

Give you an example - Lets take his namesake. Do you think he could have been as big as Fury without his Mikes skill? No way.

Fury can self promote very well - he gets into the ring, does commentary/ after fight interviews and his very articulate. Its a very clever self promotion, something that natural born athletes cant always do (ie I couldnt imagine iron Mike ever getting into the ring and having a bit of banter with Deontay).

Its no revelation that I like Tyson Fury - his comments were disgraceful and unjustifiable though.

He can be as vitriolic towards Haye, Lewis whoever he wants without resorting to phobic slurs. Thats where he isnt clever.

However, as a marketing tool, he is heavyweight champ of the world!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 14:20

Certainly gets marketed plenty on your podcast..Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Oct - 14:24

Adam D wrote:
jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:
Adam D wrote:

~Fair comment.

However, I dont think that he is as dumb as people think - he has incredible street smarts.

Give you an example - Lets take his namesake. Do you think he could have been as big as Fury without his Mikes skill? No way.

Fury can self promote very well - he gets into the ring, does commentary/ after fight interviews and his very articulate. Its a very clever self promotion, something that natural born athletes cant always do (ie I couldnt imagine iron Mike ever getting into the ring and having a bit of banter with Deontay).

Its no revelation that I like Tyson Fury - his comments were disgraceful and unjustifiable though.

He can be as vitriolic towards Haye, Lewis whoever he wants without resorting to phobic slurs. Thats where he isnt clever.

However, as a marketing tool, he is heavyweight champ of the world!
apt choice of phrase

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Oct - 14:31

Gentleman01 wrote:Azania is not homosexual and, as such, cares not that Fury hurls homophobic insults around. For him it is all justified in the name of self-promotion and he tolerates it, in fact embraces it, as he himself is not offended by such insults.

Is this aimed at me?  Rest assured that I will respond fully when using a pc as opposed to the phone.  What you write is quite clearly a load of Love sacks.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 11 Oct - 14:32

That's not a very apt comparison between the two Tysons for various reasons;

1. Talent is all relative to your era, in this era Fury is one of the better heavyweights when in the 80's or 90's he wouldn't be.
2. Tyson was a very engaging character when he was younger, very articulate and then in his later career his unhinged side sold.
3. Tyson was a global superstar while Fury isn't a huge name in his own country.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 14:33

Tell him how you really feel, Az......Don't sit on the fence.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 11 Oct - 14:43

The bigger question though is who is Hammersmith?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 11 Oct - 14:43

Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's not a very apt comparison between the two Tysons for various reasons;

1. Talent is all relative to your era, in this era Fury is one of the better heavyweights when in the 80's or 90's he wouldn't be.
2. Tyson was a very engaging character when he was younger, very articulate and then in his later career his unhinged side sold.
3. Tyson was a global superstar while Fury isn't a huge name in his own country.
I wasnt trying to compare talent in the ring or the era they fought.

What I meant was presence and engagement outside of fights. Mike would not have been able to promote himself in the way Fury does.

Mike has the in ring talent to promote himself
Tyson Fury has the marketing presence (as well as an unbeaten record irrespective of how you feel about the quality)

The best athletes in the world will make money through skill - Fury has achieved his money through clever marketing and presence (which was my original point of rebuttal - he is not unintelligent!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 11 Oct - 14:43

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Most predictable post of the day! Arch 606 twit comes to the rescue of giant twitter twit.  Bet if Tyson was dropping the n-bomb you wouldn't be so pally.

And as for pikey and gypsy (in this context) being a racist term, neither relate to race so no, they are not. They refer to a lifestyle choice, nothing more, it's akin to calling someone fat (when they are).  Also, Fury uses that language to describe himself all the time, therefore there's no reason for others not to adopt it.  
Why don't you use the n word yourself? Aftet all snoop lion uses it very often.

Like most tories they tend to lack understanding of subleties. In short you are totally ignorant if why snoop can say it and you can't.

I know lumberman, duty, cs and it seems you don't like it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 11 Oct - 14:52

Has someone been on the cane......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 11 Oct - 14:54

Tyson could have promoted himself he needed to, skill on its own doesn't sell and Tyson was the sports biggest star because of his larger than life character. I know you like Fury but don't make out he's a genius for standing out in a crowd of average and dull boxers.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich1066 Fri 11 Oct - 15:04

Is Azania tyson fury? Agree with Top Hat's post.

Rich1066

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Oct - 15:13

azania wrote:

Is this aimed at me?  Rest assured that I will respond fully when using a pc as opposed to the phone.  What you write is quite clearly a load of bollox.
We're all looking forward to seeing you get owned by Gentleman now, thanks....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 15:25

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Is this aimed at me?  Rest assured that I will respond fully when using a pc as opposed to the phone.  What you write is quite clearly a load of bollox.
We're all looking forward to seeing you get owned by Gentleman now, thanks....

I'm not....... I'm an adult boxing fan who is looking forward to debating about the sport I love.........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 11 Oct - 15:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 11 Oct - 15:25

Not exactly the same. You don't choose your race or sex.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 11 Oct - 15:29

Nor do you choose your sexuality.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 11 Oct - 15:30

Of course you don't Rolling Eyes 

Does the homosexuality gene also affect your voicebox and mannerisms? Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 2 1347041234 

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 11 Oct - 15:32

I won't go into that as it's one of lifes great mysteries but you don't choose to be gay, it's something you are born as.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 11 Oct - 15:32

Scottrf wrote:Of course you don't Rolling Eyes 

Does the homosexuality gene also affect your voicebox and mannerisms? Fury launches another foul mouthed attack  - Page 2 1347041234 
Depends how big it is

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 11 Oct - 15:35

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I won't go into that as it's one of lifes great mysteries but you don't choose to be gay, it's something you are born as.
Does that mean bisexuals are just downright greedy ????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Oct - 16:37

Scottrf wrote:Of course you don't Rolling Eyes 

Vocal tone and mannerisms maybe nurture rather than nature however sexuality is not.  Hence why it is a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010*.

*EDIT: Note, being a tax dodging 'traveller' is not.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Fri 11 Oct - 16:54; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 11 Oct - 16:48

Can we ease up (read stop) with the word pikey. Lifestyle choice or not it is a term that can cause offence and as such has no place on here. Cheers

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 11 Oct - 16:49

*Rubs hands' together*

This thread has potential!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Fri 11 Oct - 16:59

azania wrote:

It is aimed at you. You've quite openly mocked posters here for taking umbrage with Fury's bigoted comments.

I like you, Az. I enjoy your contrarian positions, it would be boring if everyone agreed. I also know that part of your schtick is to defend Fury as he is generally unpopular here and you like him. However, I don't condone his homophobia and, keeping your previous posts on the 'Off Topic' section in mind, I would have thought you also wouldn't.

It is possible to like and support Fury and Amir Khan without blindly defending everything they say and do.

Also, in your response I don't want to hear any nonsense about me being a Fury 'hater', or a David Price fanboy. It isn't true and it isn't relevant.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 11 Oct - 17:05

clap 

Az?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 11 Oct - 17:05

I dont pay tax either to be fair

Then again as a mature student who gets Welsh Assembly grants I wouldnt Very Happy

Plus I vote Plaid Cymru who sadly fail to do anywhere near what the SNP do in Scotland much to the delight of the Daily Mail reading Tory voters on here (and there do seem to be quite a few)

I am a white hetrosexual non-Muslim though so I guess that scores me a few points on here

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 11 Oct - 17:08

Does Tyson Fury dodge tax?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next