The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

+26
Izzi
Hammersmith harrier
Rodney
Nico the gman
RanjitPatel
TopHat24/7
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
Fists of Fury
joeyjojo618
Il Gialloblu
alanqlm
owen10ozzy
ONETWOFOREVER
titaniumjaw
catchweight
mobilemaster8
Rowley
bhb001
John Bloody Wayne
Lance
Strongback
ShahenshahG
All Time Great
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Did Haye fake the cut?

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? Vote_lcap38%Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 15 ]
Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? Vote_lcap62%Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 40

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? Empty Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

Post by All Time Great Mon 18 Nov 2013, 8:57 pm

Did Haye "fake" the cut?

Let me start of by clearly saying, no I don't think Haye was afraid of Fury and was trying to duck him. However, it's incredible suspicious that he suffers a damaged hand before the Charr fight (which was probably for a lot less money), and then in bizzare fashion suffers a cut above his brow (not below, which is much more serious) a week before the fight when really he should be wearing a head guard to avoid getting cut, let alone risking a concussion.

My take on the event, Haye believed Fury was an easy payday, which most would believe. He discovered this shoulder injury and didn't want the potential £5m payday to go up in smoke so therefore, tried to buy some time so Fury did not move on.

It's pretty evident, Haye has suffered a serious shoulder injury (although I doubt it's career threatening, it's probably an injury that will take 6-9 months to repair and is being used more of a marketing campaign in order to not have his fans turn against him). If Haye can obtain a title fight with a Klitschko, with £5m+ on the table- I'm pretty sure we'll see him in action again.

So for my money, I believe he has used a self inflicted cut to delay the fight. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but he has far too much previous for me to doubt the above.

Just as a quick note- all ticket purchases will be refunded  by eventim.

Last edited by All Time Great on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? Empty Re: Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Nov 2013, 8:58 pm

No but I reckon he did it deliberately to hide the bigger problem - hence his refusal to sign any compensation clauses.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? Empty Re: Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

Post by All Time Great Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:02 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:No but I reckon he did it deliberately to hide the bigger problem - hence his refusal to sign any compensation clauses.
I've reworded the poll question. As from your post, it seems you feel he had a self inflicted cut?

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:06 pm

Too much of a coincidence. Otherwise why would he refuse to sign compensation clauses?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:09 pm

All Time Great wrote:Did Haye "fake" the cut?

Let me start of by clearly saying, no I don't think Haye was afraid of Fury and was trying to duck him. However, it's incredible suspicious that he suffers a damaged hand before the Charr fight (which was probably for a lot less money), and then in bizzare fashion suffers a cut above his brow (not below, which is much more serious) a week before the fight when really he should be wearing a head guard to avoid getting cut, let alone risking a concussion.

My take on the event, Haye believed Fury was an easy payday, which most would believe. He discovered this shoulder injury and didn't want the potential £5m payday to go up in smoke so therefore, tried to buy some time so Fury did not move on.

It's pretty evident, Haye has suffered a serious shoulder injury (although I doubt it's career threatening, it's probably an injury that will take 6-9 months to repair and is being used more of a marketing campaign in order to not have his fans turn against him). If Haye can obtain a title fight with a Klitschko, with £5m+ on the table- I'm pretty sure we'll see him in action again.

So for my money, I believe he has used a self inflicted cut to delay the fight. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but he has far too much previous for me to doubt the above.

Just as a quick note- all ticket purchases will be refunded  by eventim.

Reasonable post and quite conceivable.

The Haye fans won't like it though. Expect a backlash.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:15 pm

the hand injury against Valuev was a fake. it was planned before the fight to excuse Hayes negative style of victory, and keep his fans believing in his all action powerful propaganda. the way he showed it to khan while the sky cameras were on him in khans dressing room was pathetic.

the guys got form. but I don't see why he would want to get out of a big earner against fury of all people

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:16 pm

I also don't get why he's posting pictures of himself after major surgery?

It is incredible suspicious hence my "unbalanced" post above. If anything did come to light, Haye could be liable to pay out some serious damages.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:19 pm

Lance wrote:the hand injury against Valuev was a fake. it was planned before the fight to excuse Hayes negative style of victory, and keep his fans believing in his all action powerful propaganda. the way he showed it to khan while the sky cameras were on him in khans dressing room was pathetic.

the guys got form. but I don't see why he would want to get out of a big earner against fury of all people
That's the point- he didn't want to get out of it. He was trying to delay the fight as much as he could. Fury isn't going to wait around for Haye to recover for 12 months when he could be earning a couple of money in the interim period.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:27 pm

knwing he was gonna get pwned haye bought a chainasaw from b and m bargains and applied to his face cus he's a master cynic and controller of minds.

when that failed to saev him from geetting a whooping fromt ehw world's premier heavyweight he leapt from a bulding and onto his shoulde to escaep an imminent tharshing.

he shdl be kiled or his cirmes

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:33 pm

He should be more like the right honourable Vitali, who never retired due to injury as that is heathen crime.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:34 pm

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? Hey_zps268f5138

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:35 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:knwing he was gonna get pwned haye bought a chainasaw from b and m bargains and applied to his face cus he's a master cynic and controller of minds.

when that failed to saev him from geetting a whooping fromt ehw world's premier heavyweight he leapt from a bulding and onto his shoulde to escaep an imminent tharshing.

Beautifully worded.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:35 pm

i bet haye and cleverly lve together and they he got unjured foing gay stuff not thers aything wrong with that

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:36 pm

All Time Great wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:knwing he was gonna get pwned haye bought a chainasaw from b and m bargains and applied to his face cus he's a master cynic and controller of minds.

KJHABFPAIKUFBA;IKPAFBU.
couldn't have puit it better myself

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:43 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:i bet haye and cleverly lve together and they he got unjured foing gay stuff not thers aything wrong with that
peed or just crap using his phone?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:49 pm

irnc

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:50 pm

bhb001 wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:i bet haye and cleverly lve together and they he got unjured foing gay stuff not thers aything wrong with that

Bit of a surrealist is John.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:51 pm

bhb001 wrote:

Or maybe an abstract expressionist is a better description.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:09 pm

What I would like to know is where was Lee Harvey Oswlad when Haye got his "cut" Off in the Arizona desert filing the moon "landings" with badgeman would be my guess, but until I get some answers to those questions Haye will still have a lot to answer for. Booth has also yet to adequately answer where he was on that Paris night yet either.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:24 pm

What a load of cobblers. He had a career threatening injury, got cut sparring (probably doing extra rounds to level out the shoulder see how it coped), postponed the fight in the hope his surgery would be a success......and it wasn't so he will retire.

End of dit.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:37 pm

So he got sparring when he was in top shape. A couple of months later he goes for a "niggly" shoulder scan. A day later hes on the operating table and his career is supposedly over? He has been full of crap his whole career. He knew about the shoulder injury well in advance and decided to see how it would hold up. Close tot he fight he decided the shoulder wasnt worth the risk so they engineered a cut in the hope he could get some surgery and heal while using the cut as a ruse. The surgery wasnt a success so he eventually had to pull out. Thats what I think.

I find it very hard to believe that they spotted this shoulder injury through a scan and the next day he was already under the knife.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by titaniumjaw Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:49 pm

If anybody think haye engineered a cut to get out if a bout with an overrated dopey full of sh1te scrote probably believes in ghosts psychics and the yeti. Got injured sparring end of chat!!!! And I am no haye fanboy

titaniumjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:54 pm

Rowley wrote:What I would like to know is where was Lee Harvey Oswlad when Haye got his "cut" Off in the Arizona desert filing the moon "landings" with badgeman would be my guess, but until I get some answers to those questions Haye will still have a lot to answer for. Booth has also yet to adequately answer where he was on that Paris night yet either.
I would start by checking out where they were when Haye injured his back and couldnt fight Klitschko or when he injured his hand and couldnt fight that German punchbag. Or when he injured his baby toe. Awfully unlucky with injuries Haye is, for a boxer who rarely fights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:13 pm

Haye HAS previous and you can't discount that. I am not saying there is no truth to the injury but Haye is not being 100% honest with the details. 

Who would want to work with this guy now? 

Terrible professional, feel sorry for Fury who trained for this fight and has been messed around also take some time to think about Manuel Charr who after losing against Vlad has seen another break thrown away by Haye.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:18 pm

catchweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:What I would like to know is where was Lee Harvey Oswlad when Haye got his "cut" Off in the Arizona desert filing the moon "landings" with badgeman would be my guess, but until I get some answers to those questions Haye will still have a lot to answer for. Booth has also yet to adequately answer where he was on that Paris night yet either.
I would start by checking out where they were when Haye injured his back and couldnt fight Klitschko or when he injured his hand and couldnt fight that German punchbag. Or when he injured his baby toe. Awfully unlucky with injuries Haye is, for a boxer who rarely fights.
My point in the other thread just made perfectly! Here is a guy accused of having prior when it comes to injuries, absolutely bashed for barely stepping in the ring...yet the naysayers then believe he couldn't possibly get a sudden career ending injury? Buffoons!

If he barely ever fights and then steps into a 12 week intense training camp where he is required to add some extra muscle mass and do plenty of rigorous sparring then I am pretty sure that the chances of injury increase significantly given his body wouldn't be used to it!

The bloke is 33 years old and fights using his mobility and speed. He is an explosive puncher who has had hand and back injuries in the past (both very plausible given his style of fighting) and who has fought just once in the past 15 odd months....yet the plausible reason for his injury is that he was scared of fighting Tyson Fury or merely took a knife to his face to give himself a cut and delay the fight!

For a start if he had been caught doing that then the legal ramifications and fees coupled with it would be astronomical....definitely not worth it!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:27 pm

I think you will find its a guy accused of having prior when it comes to faking injuries.

I dont see people saying he was scared of facing Fury. He could easily have taken a knife to his face when he found out he needed shoulder surgery. Rather than risk Fury dumping the fight he could use a cut to postpone the fight to give him time for shoulder surgery. Its perfectly plausible.

I think its BS that with a couple of days Haye got a shoulder scan for a supposed minor niggly injury which turned out to be serious and within the space of a day he then underwent surgery. He knew about the shoulder ages ago. It was all kept hushed up because he didnt want his easy 5 million to go up in smoke. He has been full of crap his whole career. Nothing new here. Haye trying to pull a fast one.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:35 pm

Why is it not possible for that to be the case? I have just had an operation on my foot which more or less stops me ever being able to play football properly again. This after going into hospital thinking I had sprained my foot to be told I had 4 breaks and 18 old breaks which I had done over previous years and never even knew about!

As for risking Fury dumping the fight...you have to be kidding right? There wasn't a cats chance Fury would ever have not renegotiated it! He would of just taken a tomato can in the mean time. Fury was never going to not do everything in his power to ensure the fight went ahead even if it meant compromising to Haye's needs...when do you see his next chance of a £5 million quid pay day coming? Let alone to a guy he could have lost against and no one would have thought any worse of him.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:43 pm

Fury could very easily walk away from a fight if he knew Haye needed shoulder surgery which could take an indefinate time to heal or threaten his career. He could take another fight while he waited and potentially lose. You are talking out your rear end. As usual diving in with two feet reading what you want to read rather than whats posted.

Where are all these people saying the shoulder injury is fake or that Haye did it to avoid Fury? Getting a cut, extremely unlikely in itself. Followed by suddenly discovering he needed shoulder surgery and then miraculously being on the operating table a day later. BS I say. And coming from a guy who has pretty blatantly faked and exaggerated injuries in the past for his own gain.

The odds of him being in top shape and suffering a cut, then picking up a niggling shoulder injury in the lay off, then discovering this needed surgery, having surgery a day later and then pulling out of the fight when the surgery wasnt a success. Far too coincindental. I think the shoulder was the real reason the first fight was cancelled and they didnt want to risk Fury walking away when they would not be able to guarantee the surgery would be a success or how long it would take to heal. Hence Haye refusing to sign compensation deals for cancelling the fight and the reason Fury was suspicious all along.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:49 pm

I am a David Haye fan, but have to admit I think its perfectly reasonable to suggest the cut was used as a way of postponing the first fight. As somebody already mentioned, cuts have a pretty standard recovery time. So Haye could get the fight rearranged.

There is no way Fury would of waited around for David for a year, and there is no guarentee that Fury would stay undefeated for that year either, Fury loses and the big payday goes up in smoke for Haye. As has already been mentioned Haye probably seen this as easy money and didn't want to miss out. I reckon the shoulder has probably been bothering him for a while hoped it would clear up then when it didnt had no other options but to get it sorted.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:53 pm

catchweight wrote: He could easily have taken a knife to his face  
Shocked 

Taken a KNIFE? A KNIFE? A KNIFE

TO HIS FACE?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:54 pm

That's the sort of Poopie my brain makes up to amuse me because I'm a fan of the absurd and the surreal.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:55 pm

"I'm about to make millions in a fight I'm a heavy favourite in. Oh well better take A KNIFE to MY FACE!!!!"

Last edited by John Bloody Wayne on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a knife to his face!!)

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:57 pm

Scalpel if you prefer. Or Razor. Maybe an axe.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:00 am

laughing 

Either way, he definitely stabbed himself in the face wit something, right? Was there a vampire that desperately needed blood so Haye mutilated himself to save his garlic-dodging chum??

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:00 am

More like:

"My shoulder is fcked. Im about to lose out on 5million quid unless I take a KNIFE to MY FACE"

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:04 am

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? Giphy

Please become a pundit!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:27 am

I honestly can't wait till Haye brings out a book in 5/10 years time and he reveals all.

It's borderline mental that some of you (even the decent posters) can not even sense that something doesn't feel right???!

Klitschko 1- pulls out with back injury (NB no medical report), then wins the WBA championship in his next fight against one of the worst heavyweight champions of all time

Audley Harrison- Informs people to bet on round 3. Doesn't throw a punch for 3 rounds, then KO's A-Farce with ease.

Klitschko 2- fight value has now massively inflated. Takes zero risk in fight (a decision loss is better than a KO loss), and then blames an injured toe?!

Retires aged 31..... Oh announces return 3 months later.

Chisora- drops a fight with Vitali Klitschko, to take on a very beatable Chisora in a "grudge" match (which generated more millions than it warranted).

Charr- breaks hand (after realising he could make millions vs. Fury if he's still unbeaten)

Fury 1- cuts eye 1 week before the fight.....

Fury 2- Career ending shoulder injury, one month after announcing he's in top shape. Note, his eye is now fully recovered.

(Please people, open your god damn eyes!! Do some of you think Lance Armstrong is still innocent?!)

2014- Haye fights for heavyweight title after Vitali vacates.... To be continued

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:42 am

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? 4vrwq
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:48 am

I think Aliens took a knife to his face, in a plan to eradicate the sport of boxing by taking out the saviour of the HW division. They were probably working under the orders of Eddie Hearn.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:17 am

joeyjojo618 wrote:I think Aliens took a knife to his face, in a plan to eradicate the sport of boxing by taking out the saviour of the HW division. They were probably working under the orders of Eddie Hearn.
Any truth to this?

Quite interesting

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:36 am

Not sure there is any great mystery to his first withdrawal from the Klitschko fight. He was getting paid by Setanta, they were going bust and in reality Haye would have ended up fighting for nowt.

Now he could not come out and say that because nothing was official re Setanta it was just a well documented rumour that turned out to be true. Whether that sits right with us is a different matter but can't really blame a guy for not being willing to get in a ring with Wlad for bugger all.

Haye does have history for pulling out of fights but normally, as above when there is a sensible reason, even the Charr fight, there was the potential to make £5m for fighting the ordinary Fury. There is no reason whatsoever to pull out of this fight as it fits Haye's maximum reward/minimum risk template to a tee.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 8:36 am

How do you know Setenta were paying all of his fee? More likely they were paying him on top of an existing fee unless Klitschko was offering absolutely nothing for the fight.

There would be a very good reason for postponing the Fury fight if Hayes shoulder was bothering him in the run up. I surprised how many people think that Haye engineering a cut in order to buy himself more time and have surgery if needed is up there with the great conspiracy theories of all time. Its perfectly plausible as Fury would have been unlikely to agree to a re-arangement if the injury was surgery dependent or had no fixed date of return. And its not like Haye hasnt made up injuries in the past in order to delay or cancel fights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 19 Nov 2013, 8:44 am

I cannot believe what I'm reading. Since when did the board become saturated with brainless imbeciles? Oh...

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 8:47 am

catchweight wrote:How do you know Setenta were paying all of his fee? More likely they were paying him on top of an existing fee unless Klitschko was offering absolutely nothing for the fight.

Was fairly well documented at the time. I also attended the cancelled fight and was pretty much accepted over there that that was the case. I met a high profile pro over there who also confirmed this was the case.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 8:55 am

What a pitiful article to suggest.......A bonafide British great who took on the best heavyweight and alltimer in the last ten years in Wlad won countless alphabet world titles......

Inflicts on himself a cut and fakes an injury because he's worried about a guy that gets decked off on the slide close to middle age cruisers...

Can't stand haye but have some respect.............

Sad thing about Haye's injury is that it leaves us with questions unanswered...How good was he..Did he over-achieve or under-achieve?

Still respect where it is due.. a two weight world champ, a division unifier even if a poor one...

Deserving of a place with the Hattons as a great British fighter....

Good luck to him for whatever he chooses to do in the future...

Frustrating end to a pretty frustrating career...though a succesful one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:05 am

And if Haye did plan to fight on, opening up a 2 inch gash on your eyebrow wasn't really the best idea was it.

See the poll is split down the middle. Astonishing.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:07 am

I'm Spartacus and I stabbed David Haye in the face with a Remington Ladyshave.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:09 am

It was better than telling Fury he had to pull out with a dodgy shoulder and might need complete shoulder surgery. He clearly wanted Fury to accept a reschedule date. A cut is far easier to accept than a potentially serious shoulder injury. Fury would have walked if they pulled out with a serious shoulder injury.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:12 am

catchweight wrote:It was better than telling Fury he had to pull out with a dodgy shoulder and might need complete shoulder surgery. He clearly wanted Fury to accept a reschedule date. A cut is far easier to accept than a potentially serious shoulder injury. Fury would have walked if they pulled out with a serious shoulder injury.
So you're sticking with the "Haye stabbed himself" story?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:12 am

I think Lyndon Johnson shot Kennedy......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next