The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+28
kouchi
Hibbz
hend085
Shotrock
BlueCoverman
golfermartin
Plunky
Doc
Bob_the_Job
I'm never wrong
puligny
dynamark
barragan
Roller_Coaster
westisbest
MustPuttBetter
lorus59
beninho
SmithersJones
JAS
pedro
1GrumpyGolfer
Davie
kwinigolfer
raycastleunited
navyblueshorts
McLaren
mystiroakey
32 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 03 Dec 2013, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

That's why these pursuits should be undertaken in videogames and not in real life. Real life has a nasty habit of finding you out to be the hopeless loser you don't think you are.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by incontinentia Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:20 am

has anyone downloaded the Ashley Cole I phone app?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:51 am

That sounds very much like the start of a joke Inco. But for the life of me I can't think of a punchline...

"it starts off very well but then as you think it's becoming very useful it demands more money and then f*cks off to someone else's phone?"

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:52 am

I see that Dominos pizza can't fill their vacancies and are hoping that some cheap labour will come from europe. PAY SOME DECENT WAGES YOU TIGHT WADS AND SOMEONE MIGHT WANT TO DO YOUR SH!TTY JOB. It is after all, supply and demand  Very Happy
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:53 am

Our claim to fame round here is the hotel where A Cole sent a picture of himself in his undercrackers, causing the split with his simply detestable bint.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 11 Dec 2013, 9:27 am

beninho wrote:England's best player for years has been Ashley Cole. He has been one of the best full backs in the world over the last 5+ years. Rooney is good but he has never been in the world's best bracket.

100% agreed

And Westisbest - what are you talking about?! Delph?! I'm a Villa fan and he is improving but nowhere near international standard!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:11 am

Delph may be underated, but didnt he cost £5m when he was 18, so at the time was vastly overated. But was then when Saint Martin, was splashing the cash all over the place. Im a wycombe fan, and he is still Saint Martin. Though Villa do seem to like ex Wycombe managers!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:14 am

I certainly would'nt say he is nowhere near.

As you say he's improving.

If he continue's to play well who knows.

Thats what I'm talking about: Whistle

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:20 am

Is Gary Doherty still with you ben?

Met him last summer good lad.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:25 am

Ok so what is englands best starting 11.

My team;

Forster

Walker    Jones   Terry      cole

wilshere     carrick   lampard

lennon                                     walcott

Rooney
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:28 am

£6m Ben!!

On what basis is Forster better than Hart Mac?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:30 am

Better positioning when the other team is attacking the box and better with the ball at his feet.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:32 am

Fair enough, although ability with the ball at his feet is one of Hart's strengths
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:44 am

beninho wrote:England's best player for years has been Ashley Cole. He has been one of the best full backs in the world over the last 5+ years. Rooney is good but he has never been in the world's best bracket.

Have to agree with this. I would go further and say over the last 10 years... he really impressed as far back as Euro 2004.

What continually baffles me is that in recent times only a handful of creative players have been able to perform for England. Beckham was brilliant for England (despite being a one trick pony as mentioned on here), Owen was always dangerous, but everyone alse always looks a shadow of thr player we see at club level.

And Gareth Barry for England? The last time I saw him in an England shirt he had the speed and acceleration of a glacier and the turning circle of an oil tanker as Germany ripped us apart.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:57 am

Gareth Barry was being built up as the second coming of Pele when he missed the start of the last world cup, then turned up and played as well as Peles brother.

Westisbest - yep, still have Doherty, getting on a bit know and injuries are kicking in but still with us. We are not very good though!

The best England team, i really havent a clue. There are only a few certains though. Hart/Gerrard/Rooney. The rest is up for grabs.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 11 Dec 2013, 11:29 am

beninho wrote: There are only a few certains though. Hart/Gerrard/Rooney.  
Italy will be sh!tting it.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 11:41 am

How has everyone's 2013 been?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 11 Dec 2013, 12:58 pm

westisbest wrote:How has everyone's 2013 been?
Personally? I'd go for nondescript/average/boring/rubbish. Pretty much like the last half dozen years or so I reckon.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 11 Dec 2013, 12:59 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:I see that Dominos pizza can't fill their vacancies and are hoping that some cheap labour will come from europe. PAY SOME DECENT WAGES YOU TIGHT WADS AND SOMEONE MIGHT WANT TO DO YOUR SH!TTY JOB. It is after all, supply and demand  Very Happy
Someone at Dominos is coining it if all they want to pay is sub-minimum wage and charge what they do for their pizzas etc. I have absolutely no idea at all why people pay their prices.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:04 pm

Cracking. Started with a weeks snowboarding in Meribel. Great conditions and few folk about. Great summer with the weather, as much golf as i can stomach. Health still ok, mrs hasn't kicked me out, mortgage getting smaller. Whats not to like?  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by MontysMerkin on Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:12 pm

Sorry to hear that Navy.
Glad to hear that Monty.

Weather was great in the summer, lets hope for more next summer.
I am enjoying being a new father(boy, 7 weeks old tomorrow).
Exciting times.

Hope you all have a good xmas and new year.

Lets see what 2014 has in store.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:16 pm

Congrats on fatherhood westy!  clap Very Happy 
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:21 pm

Westi - good work. As much as I used to poo poo parents going on about their kids (and do try to avoid it), my little one (2 next feb) is now ace fun. The next year will be great for you.

Terrible 2's (or acting like daddy does normally as it's known in our house!) probably won't be when we get there though.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:34 pm

Cheers guys

I dont really go on about being a dad, but it is exciting.

I would'nt go on about it to the point where my mates/family would get bored hearing me talk about him.

Most of them have kids anyway.

My girlfriends brother and his girlfriend, and also a friend of hers puts a picture/status obout their boys at least every other day.

To me thats a bit much.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:41 pm

I don't think I would even get excited about my own children (if i'm ever unfortunate to have any) let alone be emailed pictures of friends and families snotty little brats.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:51 pm

super_realist wrote:I don't think I would even get excited about my own children (if i'm ever unfortunate to have any) let alone be emailed pictures of friends and families snotty little brats.
Unless you are a hermaphrodite I don't think that you'll need to worry about children too much Super.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:54 pm

way to drag the good spirits down SR: Laugh

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:55 pm

pretty shocking in fairness.

roll on 2014.

well done again for the addition to the family.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 11 Dec 2013, 2:31 pm

congrats west. ours will be 2 in march... his current phase could well be a dress rehersal for 'terrible twos'. i've never known such a scally wag! he's into everything and now he can walk, he doesn't bother, just runs everywhere. 2013 has been a riot.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 2:59 pm

cheers barragan.

i'm certainly in no rush for him to be at an age where he is running around.

All that is to come.

love the way he is now.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 11 Dec 2013, 3:16 pm

Every stage is fantastic. They pace they grow up at it just right and it's so enjoyable to spend time with a little person who lives entirely for the present.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 11 Dec 2013, 3:31 pm

barragan wrote:Every stage is fantastic. They pace they grow up at it just right and it's so enjoyable to spend time with a little person who lives entirely for the present.

I'm surprised you've been able to play so much golf with the little one around. I get a massive guilt trip thrown at me by the wife if I even so much as look at my golf clubs.

Daughter number 2 came along in May so that meant pretty much the whole summer was a write off. Daughter number 1's interest in golf comes and goes. We went to the British Women's Masters last year and she loved it, especially when when some of the players said hello and gave her balls (Mel Reid - great role model and legend), and she likes going to crazy golf (we are lucky to have a dinosaur adventure golf nearby - bloody expensive though) and the range, but she hasn't had the patience for pitch and putt so far.

Any tips about getting kids into golf?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 3:56 pm

My dad is gof crazy, when my eldest niece goes round to his, he gets the clubs out and does a bit of pitch and put.

She is now into golf.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 3:56 pm

golf, sorry

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 11 Dec 2013, 4:23 pm

My wife thinks it's important I have a 'hobby'. Her dad's hobbies are pretty much all cleaning orientated, so I guess she see's it as quite a healthy (if not useful) thing for me to do. I don't participate in the 'going out' phenomenon our society has created, so golf is one of my main social outlets - really important imo, otherwise i'd go loopy.

Also, I work free lance and look after the wee one 1 or 2 [Daddy] days each week. I spend the other 3 days in the office. Top up work as required by working during the wee one's naps, and evenings/weekends. My wife also works part time. We like the work/life balance. We don't earn much but it's more than enough to live on, and we enjoy the extra 'living' we get! Never feel guilty playing my game on a Saturday morning each week, but would need to negotiate any mid week. I'm more or less always home by lunch each Saturday and its wall-to-wall family time for the rest of the day and all day every Sunday.

It's easy to nip up to the club mid week for quick practice session on route to work during the summer if I can be bothered.

Works fine for us now, whether it'll last, who knows, no doubt it'll evolve into something else in time - that may mean less golf, so be it.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 11 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm

Early stages of pregnancy for the wife. And very much looking forward to the new entry..touch wood and all that. Will be the first. And everyone above has made it sound nothing to be concerned about! Can't wait.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 11 Dec 2013, 6:42 pm

Kids are great my lad came out of Doncaster prison last Monday!

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Dec 2013, 7:41 pm

beninho wrote:Early stages of pregnancy for the wife. And very much looking forward to the new entry..touch wood and all that. Will be the first. And everyone above has made it sound nothing to be concerned about! Can't wait.

Good luck ben. Hope all goes well.

My boy is my first.
I was nervous, in an exciting way, before she gave birth.

As i type this he's just staring at me in my arms.
Have been lucky that he has been very good so far.

Made me laugh the other day. He gave me a look, which i can only describe was him thinking, seriously is this guy my dad, c'mon.

I had just done a silly dance.

Again all the best.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 11 Dec 2013, 7:50 pm

dynamark wrote:Kids are great my lad came out of Doncaster prison last Monday!
they grow up so fast! what was he in for?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 11 Dec 2013, 10:41 pm

Glad to hear good stories re. children. Have twins now @ ~4 1/2 and, with hindsight (or time travel), neither I nor my wife would do it again!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 12 Dec 2013, 12:13 am

And you guys thought Tiger was cavalier with the rules;
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/youth-golf-coach-charged-child-molestation/?cid=twitter_gc_a_youth_golf_coach_charged_121113

Apparently golf isn't full of the morally upstanding honest types we like to kid ourselves about.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 12 Dec 2013, 7:49 am

McLaren wrote:And you guys thought Tiger was cavalier with the rules;
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/youth-golf-coach-charged-child-molestation/?cid=twitter_gc_a_youth_golf_coach_charged_121113

Apparently golf isn't full of the morally upstanding honest types we like to kid ourselves about.

Huh? Is there a connection with Tiger being cavalier with the rules and this story??

Of the story you're highlighting, he's been charged not convicted, yes if convicted string him to a net about 50 yards out from the driving range bays and give out free baskets of balls to fire at the bar steward but until then...

Not like a left leaning, moral high ground, politically correct Guardianista to tar somebody as guilty before a trial...tut tut Mac Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Thu 12 Dec 2013, 8:39 am

First grand kiddy 2 and a bit years ago. Amazing! Heard someone say once that if they had known how good grand kids were they would have straight to them!
Best thing though is seeing how good the parents are - very proud!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Thu 12 Dec 2013, 10:16 am

Well all this is charming. Although I would never say it to a new father I have to agree with Super. Now in my 40's I have never felt the calling for having little uns (partly due to a pretty grotty childhood myself). Luckily my wife is of the same opinion. It does mean we have plenty of spare cash for holidays and past times, but Christmas is always quiet, although this year we've got my niece and nephew (6 and 8) coming for Christmas. I went to Toys'R'Us yesterday and spent a feckin fortune (mostly on stuff I can play with tbh).
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 12 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

Lego by any chance...

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 12 Dec 2013, 10:56 am

Lego is ridiculously expensive today. £100 for a pirate ship

It can't have always been this pricey. Otherwise I would have bankrupted my parents, the amount I had as a kid.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:12 am

There is so much now aswell.

Was in toys r us on sunday.

Pirate lego
Spaceship lego
Star wars lego.
etc

Ha monty, when i start buying my son toys i'll get some i can play with to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:27 am

Star Wars Lego! And Star Wars scalextric. Lad loves all that gear (as do I).
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Thu 12 Dec 2013, 3:17 pm

I bought a huge drum of Lego of a woman I worked with 30 years ago after her kids had outgrown it. My kids played with it and eventually we passed it on to others. Now may be getting it back for little 'un. It may be a record having been used by kids for 40+ years and still as good as new.
Even the hair styles are back in fashion, at least in Scotland!!!!!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 12 Dec 2013, 3:58 pm

Am I the only one who used to fancy myself as a budding architect using Minibrix?
Loved them.
No pirates or spaceships tho'.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Thu 12 Dec 2013, 7:47 pm

Meccano!!!!!!!

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next