The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:17 pm

I love Galted, but when, in his hour of need, he writes his most heartfelt and poignant poetry, and there's nary a mention of myself, I do wonder why I've invested so much emotional time and energy into our friendship.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:25 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I love Galted, but when, in his hour of need, he writes his most heartfelt and poignant poetry, and there's nary a mention of myself, I do wonder why I've invested so much emotional time and energy into our friendship.

"He'd ridicule michaels" was originally "He'd ridicule Julius" but just didn't have the same flow.  I figured that, as you'd had a whole poem all to yourself, you wouldn't mind.

Christ!  How wrong could I be?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:26 pm

It's like you don't really know me at all.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:30 pm

Look, I have tried to be supportive as I am assured it is the right thing to do but enough is enough with all this poetry and feeling stuff. I am northern.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:30 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I love Galted, but when, in his hour of need, he writes his most heartfelt and poignant poetry, and there's nary a mention of myself, I do wonder why I've invested so much emotional time and energy into our friendship.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
If it makes you feel better, Jules,
I still love you.

Not up to Glated's standards but it is heartfelt, at least.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:30 pm

HOPELESSNESS PART II

He's older than granite
He's brighter than sparks
He's quite good at wordplay
He's JuliusHMarx

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:36 pm

Aw, shucks, you guys...  heart 

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:38 pm

Rowley wrote:Look, I have tried to be supportive as I am assured it is the right thing to do but enough is enough with all this poetry and feeling stuff. I am northern.

Yes, the only Man of the North who has Radox barrths. Having barrths is bad enough, but Radox? Brian Glover will be turning in his grave.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:41 pm

I suffer back pain Tina. It is necessary to alleviate my suffering. Am sure you would not care to see me doubled over. (leave it, we're all better than that)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:44 pm

We used to have communal baths at school.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm

seanmichaels wrote:We used to have communal baths at school.

censored 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:46 pm

Tino has been promoted to mod?!!! Thats worse than tophat, at least with toppy theres a mean streak thats 50 miles wide (for poor people) Tino can't even say boo to his son.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:50 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Tino has been promoted to mod?!!! Thats worse than tophat, at least with toppy theres a mean streak thats 50 miles wide (for poor people) Tino can't even say boo to his son.

Oh how the worm is about to turn....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:51 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

censored 

Michaels father made him wear a chastity belt tino - no bumming happened (until sean and his mates had a whip round and installed a catflap on his arse)

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:52 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Tino has been promoted to mod?!!! Thats worse than tophat, at least with toppy theres a mean streak thats 50 miles wide (for poor people) Tino can't even say boo to his son.

Er...does that mean you are getting an erection?!!!

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:54 pm

Nice to see all the man love on here chaps, I appear to have missed a love in...

Rats

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:56 pm

Jesus bloody wept! This place will be shut down within a month.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:56 pm

censored 

They were actually not allowed but we'd block the plug hole up with enough soap that the showers would soon fill the troughs up. Great times.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:57 pm

superflyweight wrote:Jesus bloody wept! This place will be shut down within a month.

Just dont mention Facebook for Christ sake super

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:57 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

Er...does that mean you are getting an erection?!!!

I thought I was getting one when I read Glated's poem, but it appears I had just dropped some Taxi bar in my lap.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:58 pm

superflyweight wrote:Jesus bloody wept! This place will be shut down within a month.  

Mid thirties, check. Scottish fathers, check.

Blue badge, che...

Nope, just me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:02 pm

Mid thirties, check. Scottish Father, check.

Well liked and amusing, che..

Nope, just superfly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:02 pm

Mid thirties, check.  Scottish fathers, check.  

Blue badge, che...

Nope, just me.

You never know, he could be doing disability fraud and have a blue badge as well. I'm not surprised that you've got one, always thought you were a picnic basket short of a picnic

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:08 pm

Rowley wrote:Mid thirties, check. Scottish Father, check.

Nope, just superfly.

That was quite funny.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:28 pm

Nope, just superfly.

That was quite funny.

And touching.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:30 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Nope, just superfly.

That was quite funny.

And touching.  

Indeed, better hope I don't tell Jeff about the PM you sent me calling him an obnoxious t*sser.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Even mods can't get past the swear filter. What is the point in being a mod?)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:34 pm

Why isn't your name in bold blue like all the rest of the Fun Nazis Mods?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:36 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Why isn't your name in bold blue like all the rest of the Fun Nazis Mods?

I think all this is Adam having a sick joke anyway. He will de-mod me when he gets bored.

Adam wants to hate me but he can't see past my rakish charm and the fact we had the same first dance song at our respective weddings.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:41 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Why isn't your name in bold blue like all the rest of the Fun Nazis Mods?

I think all this is Adam having a sick joke anyway.  He will de-mod me when he gets bored.

Adam wants to hate me but he can't see past my rakish charm and the fact we had the same first dance song at our respective weddings.

Lola?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:42 pm

'Administrator' now? I'm blue with envy.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:43 pm

I reckon Adam is tinos son and is playing a cat and mouse game with him

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:44 pm

We all know Tina hasn't administered anything for at least 18 months.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:44 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:'Administrator' now? I'm blue with envy.

Laugh 

Right, how do I ban Jeff?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

I think all this is Adam having a sick joke anyway.  He will de-mod me when he gets bored.

Lola?

Al Green.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:49 pm

Just found out that the lyric 'cherry cola' in lola was originally 'coca-cola' but was changed to the generic 'cherry cola' after coca-cola complained.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:54 pm

Tina is nowhere near cool enough to have The Kinks as the first dance at his wedding.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:56 pm

Probably right on that. Being northern I expect he had the Jive Bunny Megamix on repeat.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:57 pm

Rowley wrote:Tina is nowhere near cool enough to have The Kinks as the first dance at his wedding.

Al Green is cool.

At least I didn't go down the tired old route of having Elvis.

Who an earth would do that......

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:02 pm

I love Elvis dearly Tina. Your insults are water off a ducks back.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:03 pm

Rowley wrote:I love Elvis dearly Tina. Your insults are water off a ducks back.

I didn't realise you had an Elvis song, Jeff.

Fancy that....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:04 pm

An Elvis song Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:04 pm

Pretty quick there Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:05 pm

Rowley wrote:An Elvis song Tina.

That is what I said.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:05 pm

As a segue: Coca cola was originally green

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:09 pm

Like my new badge, dagless.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:11 pm

You are still light blue on my screen Tino, I call shenanigans...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:14 pm

Mind you, it has all been a bit strange since Adam instigated "Threadgate"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:15 pm

rick_dagless wrote:You are still light blue on my screen Tino, I call shenanigans...

Yeah, Adam is playing games with me.  I can't actually do anything different than I could before my rapid rise through the 606v2 ranks.

I would give up all my badges if Galted came back though. He and I were mates once.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:17 pm

Tino wrote:I would give up all my badges if Galted came back though. He and I were mates once.

He is in a bath with a precariously poised toaster, knocking out some poetry...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:19 pm

rick_dagless wrote:You are still light blue on my screen Tino, I call shenanigans...

Yeah, Adam is playing games with me.  I can't actually do anything different than I could before my rapid rise through the 606v2 ranks.

I would give up all my badges if Galted came back though.  He and I were mates once.

I suspect you're right Tina. I still have the option to ban you, but whenever I have tried to ban Adam it has never worked.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next