The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
TopoftheChops
lorus59
hend085
Davie
dynamark
I'm never wrong
gaelgowfer
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
JAS
MontysMerkin
raycastleunited
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
mystiroakey
westisbest
golfermartin
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
skyeman
incontinentia
GunsGerms
beninho
Diggers
Duty281
31 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Fri 25 Apr 2014, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:Instead of a protest vote, then its better to spoil your ballot.

Ukip are dangerous because some people actually believe what they say, and they target the middle classes in areas of law multi culturalism - ( if thats a word). And as gets shown every now and then, the Councillors they put up have been shown as a bit racist. But its easy for them to make grand statements, because realistically they will not get voted in and have to back up the statements they have made.  

Have no fear, the nutters are getting kicked out at regular intervals.

And some people may believe what they say for, a lot of the time, it's common sense.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 13 May 2014, 11:59 am

McLaren wrote:When asked to pick a 5 aside team from the bbc world cup pundits, rio responded to where Savage could play be saying that savage could clean his boots.  
Exactly. A prat. Hahaha! Banter! What a wit! Savage (like him or loathe him) will have a far more successful post-playing career than Ferdinand as he actually appears to have a bit of brain in there, despite the evidence of his playing days.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Diggers Tue 13 May 2014, 12:06 pm

Come off it, that's exactly the sort of comment Savage would make on Twitter and not give a monkeys about. It's changing room banter, Christ of you can get offended by proxy for Savage because of a comment like that then you have a thin skin.
Try taking a look at the community work he does in London to stop kids joining gangs. Or just judge him on a throwaway joke instead.....

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 May 2014, 12:13 pm

Offended by proxy. LIke that one diggers. I'll file that next no faux-fence and synthetic outrage.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 13 May 2014, 12:29 pm

Does Daniel Levy sound like the most unpleasant person in Sport?
Discuss.

Of course, there's loads of competition, but he sounds like such a miserable, entitled prat; can't imagine anyone actually wanting to work with him (as opposed to the tradition of a one-time great club).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue 13 May 2014, 12:45 pm

Throughout history many football chairmen have been egomaniacs. Think of Ken Bates, Doug Ellis, Sam Hamman......the list goes on.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 13 May 2014, 12:50 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:When asked to pick a 5 aside team from the bbc world cup pundits, rio responded to where Savage could play be saying that savage could clean his boots.  
Exactly. A prat. Hahaha! Banter! What a wit! Savage (like him or loathe him) will have a far more successful post-playing career than Ferdinand as he actually appears to have a bit of brain in there, despite the evidence of his playing days.

That's right, judge him on a joke that you don't find funny, even though you weren't there, don't know either person and so have no clue as to the context within which the remark was made. I can see a future for you at the Daily Mail.

Ferdinand doesn't come across as the smartest tool in the box, but he certainly doesn't come across as nasty either. He's been a fantastic player for well over a decade, and even though he's not fully fit his ability to read the game and his composure on the ball mean he could still do a decent job at any team outside the elite champions league level.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 13 May 2014, 12:53 pm

Bates must win the prize of biggest shyster chairman surely. Though Mike Ashley might overtake him in years to come...or at least I hope so.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 13 May 2014, 1:05 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Does Daniel Levy sound like the most unpleasant person in Sport?
Discuss.

Of course, there's loads of competition, but he sounds like such a miserable, entitled prat; can't imagine anyone actually wanting to work with him (as opposed to the tradition of a one-time great club).

You're right there is loads of competition.

The undoubted king was Jesus Gil of Atletico Madrid and mayor of Marbella. He successfully turned Marbella into a haven for gangsters and ex-nazis, and left Atletico in EUR500m debt. He's been dead for a while now but Levy still has some way to go before he can step into his shoes. Surely Vincent Tan at the moment is leading the way as number one bond sports villain

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 13 May 2014, 1:08 pm

The Birmingham guy was a crook.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 13 May 2014, 5:02 pm

Yeah Tan is a lunatic. Reminds me of the dude from hangover.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 13 May 2014, 9:52 pm

Yes Jesus Gil was nuts. And Tan looks like one of the aforementioned Marbella gangsters, smuggling khat from North Africa.

Uli Hoeness of Bayern proved to be quite an a-hole as well. (Although tax evasion is not a new thing in football)

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 May 2014, 4:47 am

It seems Elin is pretty damn smart;

Spoiler:

There is no way Tiger stood a chance in hiding his antics from her, and he is maybe even dumber than Super likes to make out if he thought he could.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 May 2014, 7:54 am

Getting a degree isn't a hallmark of intelligence. ANyone can get one, and almost the majority of people do these days.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 May 2014, 8:09 am

Super

Watch the video before commenting.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 14 May 2014, 8:31 am

You expect us to sit through that?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 14 May 2014, 8:55 am

The only thing Elin needs to know:"Half is mine"

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 14 May 2014, 9:03 am

Diggers wrote:Come off it, that's exactly the sort of comment Savage would make on Twitter and not give a monkeys about. It's changing room banter, Christ of you can get offended by proxy for Savage because of a comment like that then you have a thin skin.
Try taking a look at the community work he does in London to stop kids joining gangs. Or just judge him on a throwaway joke instead.....
Offended? I think you need to look up the definition. I just think it's typical of the numbnuts comments I expect of Ferdinand. No more, no less.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 14 May 2014, 9:07 am

raycastleunited wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

That's right, judge him on a joke that you don't find funny, even though you weren't there, don't know either person and so have no clue as to the context within which the remark was made. I can see a future for you at the Daily Mail.

Ferdinand doesn't come across as the smartest tool in the box, but he certainly doesn't come across as nasty either. He's been a fantastic player for well over a decade, and even though he's not fully fit his ability to read the game and his composure on the ball mean he could still do a decent job at any team outside the elite champions league level.
That's so laughable it's ridiculous. You go off on one re. me commenting on Ferdinand and then do exactly the same re. me. Mr. Pot? Meet Mr. Kettle. You even go on to say "Ferdinand doesn't come across as the smartest tool in the box" - obviously you know the man well. I never said anything about his playing ability, which has been exceptional for a long time, did I but don't let that get in the way of your rant.
Oh, I wouldn't use the Daily Fascist for bog paper btw so I guess that shows, again, what you know about me eh?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed 14 May 2014, 10:02 am

super_realist wrote:Getting a degree isn't a hallmark of intelligence...

I very much doubt this was her reason for taking a degree course.  I would imagine it had more to do with her re-gaining her self-confidence and self-respect after enduring such humiliation at the hands of Woods.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 May 2014, 10:18 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:Come off it, that's exactly the sort of comment Savage would make on Twitter and not give a monkeys about. It's changing room banter, Christ of you can get offended by proxy for Savage because of a comment like that then you have a thin skin.
Offended? I think you need to look up the definition. I just think it's typical of the numbnuts comments I expect of Ferdinand. No more, no less.

That's the point though really NBS, its what you expec,t regardless of if its actually what he does or how he behaves the vast majority of the time. I would suggest its a slightly pre conditioned view in your mind of how a footballer like Ferdinand should be.
Lets face it we have all said some pretty stupid stuff on here, you and I being no exceptions...me probably more so...possibly...but does that mean we are complete numb nuts al the time. Hmm, again possibly.
Anyway the basic premise is a little knowledge is a dangerous thing when judging someone...unless of course its Ian Poultry in which case none of my points are applicable  Whistle

Last edited by Diggers on Wed 14 May 2014, 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 14 May 2014, 10:21 am

Gael

If super had bothered to watch the video instead of commenting as an ignorant privileged white strait male he might have found out she won an awarding for outstanding results and that is why she was allowed to make the speech.  As you say, I am sure she decided to get a degree for very good reasons.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 May 2014, 10:25 am

McLaren wrote:Gael

If super had bothered to watch the video instead of commenting as an ignorant privileged white strait male he might have found out she won an awarding for outstanding results and that is why she was allowed to make the speech.  As you say, I am sure she decided to get a degree for very good reasons.

Even I don't treat English as badly as that Mac.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 14 May 2014, 12:03 pm

Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

That's the point though really NBS, its what you expec,t regardless of if its actually what he does or how he behaves the vast majority of the time. I would suggest its a slightly pre conditioned view in your mind of how a footballer like Ferdinand should be.
Lets face it we have all said some pretty stupid stuff on here, you and I being no exceptions...me probably more so...possibly...but does that mean we are complete numb nuts al the time. Hmm, again possibly.
Anyway the basic premise is a little knowledge is a dangerous thing when judging someone...unless of course its Ian Poultry in which case none of my points are applicable  Whistle
True, sadly. Very true. Especially the bit about Poulter.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 14 May 2014, 1:30 pm

He is of course completely correct apart from the bit about Poulter Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 14 May 2014, 3:05 pm

mystiroakey wrote:He is of course completely correct apart from the bit about Poulter Wink
raspberryraspberryraspberry
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 14 May 2014, 3:13 pm

I'm just happy to be nearly completely right about anything  Smile

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 15 May 2014, 2:44 am

I thought this was pretty funny, and it might help reform our special relationship with our American buddies after the spat over names.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/british-slang-as-guessed-by-american

An American comes up with some pretty funny meanings for some common UK slang terms. Hell, it could just be reading something rude but it seemed funny to me. I particularly liked the redefining of up the duff. (when used in the actual sense is a terrible expression)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 15 May 2014, 10:20 am

When I was a student, knew a Texan once who suggested a female friend of mine was 'spunky' when we were in a bar. As I recall, he liked her 'pants' as well. Now picture the scene of a Western film when the good guy walks into the bar containing the bad guy whom he's just threatened to run out of town....
Had a good laugh about it once he'd explained what he meant.
Language is pretty interesting when you start looking at it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 15 May 2014, 10:56 am

I say potato, Dan Quayle says potatoe.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 15 May 2014, 1:51 pm

Well, the assurance that he would not touch the Ailsa course without the R&A's blessing didn't last long did it ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27426843

Quelle surprise.  Rolling Eyes

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 May 2014, 1:57 pm

Who cares Gael, why do you always think change is a bad thing, or is it only when Wiggy does something, honestly, that man could cure cancer and you still wouldn't be happy.
It's tiresome.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 15 May 2014, 2:12 pm

Point missed sr and not for the first time.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 May 2014, 2:55 pm

Yes, he said he wouldn't change it, and he said he might "tweak" it, big deal, it's just a golf course, not a work of art.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 May 2014, 3:17 pm

Having said all of which; I can't see that the R&A would consider awarding The Open to a venue that will be tweaked without their consultation . . . . . .
It certainly wouldn'y fly with the USGA and can't imagine the R&A telling Drumpf,
"Go ahead, put in all the windmills (not for windpower though) and waterfalls you want and we'll be thrilled to come and look at it the week before the 2018/2019/2021/2022 Open which we'll now award you carte blanche."

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 May 2014, 3:31 pm

A bit melodramatic Kwini, he might not be a likeable man, but he understands the importance of Golf in Scotland. His Aberdeen course is a masterpiece.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 15 May 2014, 3:41 pm

Yes, But anyone who trusts him to do "the right thing" is delusional.

Perhaps one day his resurrection of Doral's Blue Course will be seen as a masterpiece also, but, in its March 2014 manifestation, it was a travesty. Waterlogged carnage for the sake of it.
And he loved it.
Be careful what you might wish for!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 May 2014, 3:50 pm

Turnberry only held 4 opens. Would it matter if it never held another anyway.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 15 May 2014, 3:54 pm

I think The Open is pretty rubbish anyway.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 16 May 2014, 7:00 am

gaelgowfer wrote:Well, the assurance that he would not touch the Ailsa course without the R&A's blessing didn't last long did it ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27426843

Quelle surprise.  Rolling Eyes

Bit of a stretch to interpret from a very flimsy and weakly researched piece of journalism (not unusual from the beeb when it comes to golf!!) that he plans to rip the bulldozers into the Ailsa Course??.
Where does the article specifically say that he IS going to change the Ailsa Course WITHOUT consulting the R&A? Really Gael, what makes you jump on this utter non story nonsense??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 May 2014, 7:27 am

Excluding Gael and Kwini, as they seem to get what is wrong with trump and the way he behaves. What is it about him that the rest of you admire so much?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 16 May 2014, 7:30 am

Mac obviously a believer in the law of the excluded middle (google it Mac - your speciality)

Don't really understand the hatred towards him - perhaps a little more understandable from Kwini as he lives in the USA where Trump is more prevalent - but Gael seems to have a very irrational dislike for the man

Does everyone else admire him? I doubt it. Indifference may be a better description

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 16 May 2014, 8:05 am

McLaren wrote:Excluding Gael and Kwini, as they seem to get what is wrong with trump and the way he behaves.  What is it about him that the rest of you admire so much?

Mac...find me one quote, just one, from anywhere on these boards where I have said I admire Trump. The man is an utterly detestable egotistical buffoon.

Just because he's a buffoon doesn't mean that his Aberdeen course isn't a stunning golf course.
Just because he's a buffoon doesn't automatically mean that he's going to wreck Turnberry
Just because he's a buffoon doesn't mean that global warming is all his fault

It's quite amusing the way Gael and yourself foam at the mouth and let your personal judgement and sound rational argument get distorted by your emotional hatred of Wiggie

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 May 2014, 8:07 am

McLaren wrote:Excluding Gael and Kwini, as they seem to get what is wrong with trump and the way he behaves.  What is it about him that the rest of you admire so much?

NObody as said that he's a great bloke, or that we agree with the way he does business, just that gael seems to jump on everything he does with zeal.
She wouldn't give a toss if Branson bought Turnberry and thought about "tweaking" it. SHe just likes bashing Trump for the sake of it, and he hasn't even done anything wrong in this case, just changed his mind on what he "might" do.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 May 2014, 8:26 am

So, no suprise, looks like getting rid of legal aid is meaning cases are taking twice as long so of course no money is being saved.
Plus it's far more confusing for those having to represent themselves. Another stupid policy backfiring.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 16 May 2014, 9:51 am

Diggers wrote:So, no suprise, looks like getting rid of legal aid is meaning cases are taking twice as long so of course no money is being saved.
Plus it's far more confusing for those having to represent themselves. Another stupid policy backfiring.

I blame Trump.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Fri 16 May 2014, 9:57 am

Oh dear, a case of mass hysteria has broken out on the board.  Quelle surprise!!!

Where does the article specifically say that he IS going to change the Ailsa Course WITHOUT consulting the R&A? Really Gael, what makes you jump on this utter non story nonsense??

Because JAS dear, it would be entirely in character for him to act this way.  Still, involving the R&A for their advice on any tweaking could be viewed as (I have to admit) quite a clever ploy to rope them in making it almost impossible for them not to take The Open to Turnberry at some point in the future.  No question that Turnberry is a stunning venue but it falls considerably short on profits as an Open venue.  Potentially, a bit of a conundrum for the R&A though.        

Incidentally, some of you have very short memories.  I can't forget the treatment he's meted out (and continues to mete out) to those homeowners in Aberdeen.  Aside from the fact the views from their homes continue to be blocked, they still live day to day under the threat of eviction.  Should relations ever be restored between Trump and Aberdeenshire Council then who's going to bet against the council serving compulsory purchase orders on those homeowners in order to progress this potentially huge development? Perhaps you can compartmentalize Trump's deeds but I can't and I make no apologies for it.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 May 2014, 10:00 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-27435624

More scaremongering and stupidity from the loonies.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 May 2014, 10:04 am

I can't imagine Gael gives a toss about those "poor" people in Balmedie and simply uses it as another way to bash Trump.

Why would Gael even care if Trump changed Turnberry, it belongs to him. Would Trump care if Gael changed her net curtains without consulting him?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 May 2014, 10:10 am

Re Trump, Id probably say genuinely in life it's probably wise to not set a lot of store in the word of a self serving egomaniac who has a track record of shafting people.
It would be sensible to assume every word he utters is a lie and be pleasantly surprised if he occasionally tells the truth.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 May 2014, 10:13 am

Super if you own something with a heritage you have an obligation to protect that heritage. That's why we have listed property, ownership doesn't necessarily give you carte blanche to do what you want with a property.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next