The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues

+47
blackcanelion
funnyExiledScot
Tattie Scones RRN
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Geordie
Jenifer McLadyboy
Pat_Mustard
TheMildlyFranticLlama
SecretFly
RDW
IanBru
InjuredYetAgain
EST
George Carlin
Imperialbigdave
EWT Spoons
MacKnocked-on
R!skysports
sensisball
Pete330v2
Weegie Wizard
Nematode
Argybargy
LeinsterFan4life
demosthenes
quinsforever
lostinwales
Captain_Sensible
tigertattie
Notch
CraigS1874
Dorothy_Mantooth
Majestic83
21st Century Schizoid Man
madmaccas
alive555
justified sinner
BigGee
reallybored
GLove39
cakeordeath
TJ
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
JonnyEdinburgh
VinceWLB
RuggerRadge2611
jimbopip
51 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 14 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues

Post by IanBru Wed 03 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Banter through the ages:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 14 Laurel-and-hardy
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
https://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv

Well friends, the pre-season has come and gone, now things get real.

A. Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 14 Edinburgh-Festival-2011-Background1

1. Pre-Season

Edinburgh 10-11 Leicester Tigers
Edinburgh 21-15 Newcastle Falcons

2. Results
Munster 13-14 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 13-14 Connacht
Ospreys 62-13 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 20-20 Scarlets
Ulster 30-0 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 24-10 Newport Gwent Dragons
Bordeaux-Bègles 13-15 Edinburgh

3. Upcoming Fixtures

Friday 24 Oct 2014 - 19:45 (TBC)
Lyon   (H)   -   European Rugby Challenge Cup

B. Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 14 0

1. Pre-Season Results
Glasgow Warriors 23-24 Harlequins
London Scottish 19-38 Glasgow Warriors

2. Results
Glasgow Warriors 22-20 Leinster
Cardiff Blues 12-33 Glasgow Warriors
Newport Gwent Dragons 13-33 Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow Warriors 39 - 21 Connacht
Benetton Treviso 23-40 Glasgow Warriors
Ulster 29-9 Glasgow Warriors

3. Upcoming Fixtures

Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 15:15 (Live on BT Sport 2)
Bath   (H)   -   European Rugby Champions Cup

Sat 25 Oct 2014 - 18:15 (Live on Sky Sports)
Montpellier Herault   (A)   -   European Rugby Champions Cup

Any and all discussion of things rugby-related is welcome. Restaurant recommendations are openly sought. Introductions to eligible young people would be fantastic. Bullying, jingoism, and wang-measuring is not on.

We need to move forwards not backwards, upwards not forwards, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Last edited by IanBru on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 2:04 am; edited 5 times in total
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues

Post by George Carlin Mon 03 Nov 2014, 7:52 pm

In terms of other formalities, there is indeed a short ceremony where you present your testicles to Mrs RDW in a small trophy case in order that they are more easily portable by her.

You could of course try and substitute young Bru's family jewels for your own if he's still left them on the table from the previous thread.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues

Post by Nematode Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:20 pm

Great stuff RDW

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo clap clap

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 04 Nov 2014, 7:32 am

It was encouraging to see Brett Thomson adopt a real Edinburgh rugby ethos when he played for America at the weekend. Get yourself injured nice and early and then sod off to the treatment room for months.
Joking aside, can it get any worse for Edinburgh? Never mind d them having to scour the world for back rowers, they are going to corner the market in physios too

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:30 am

Thanks for the messages folks, although I'm dissapointed at the lack of jokes!

I've recently just found out about these things called 'wedding fayres' and I'm apparently going to one at the weekend. What makes it worse, the bride gets in free! Have I not spent enough money already just getting to this stage??

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:36 am

Only advice I can offer when getting married, when booking stuff, deny it’s for a wedding , price goes through the roof (as I’m sure you’ll be finding out) when they know it’s a wedding.  I can also only hope for your sake, future Mrs RDW gets bored of the fairs quite quickly otherwise you’re in trouble.  Cake sampling gets boring pretty quickly, and that's really the only decent thing about them.

Oh actually one more bit of advice, try and make sure the service is in a language you understand.  To this day I’m still not totally sure what I agreed to, I couldn’t even say for sure if I am actually married, or just agreed to obey someone and give her stuff.  Which actually is pretty much what marriage is, so I guess by default…

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 04 Nov 2014, 1:45 pm

‘I think men who have pierced ears are better prepared for marriage. They have experienced pain and bought jewellery.’

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 3:11 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Thanks for the messages folks, although I'm dissapointed at the lack of jokes!

I've recently just found out about these things called 'wedding fayres' and I'm apparently going to one at the weekend. What makes it worse, the bride gets in free! Have I not spent enough money already just getting to this stage??

Hope it's not on the Saturday!?

And congratulations, loved the proposal pic on twitter!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 04 Nov 2014, 3:34 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Thanks for the messages folks, although I'm dissapointed at the lack of jokes!

If it's the one in the ExCel, take energy bars, water and a tent in case you get lost and need to camp there overnight.

Seriously, take an enormous, empty bag with you (this was not a reference to Mrs RDW) - you will be carrying your own bodyweight in glossy brochures at the end. The honeymoon/holidays area is by far the most fun, particularly as the opportunity to say Completely The Wrong Thing is far more limited than elsewhere in the aircraft hanger.

On absolutely no account point out the howlingly obvious truth that there are women wandering around there who do not seem to be engaged and appear to have no imminent prospect of getting married. You will be accused of being "unkind" or "just not getting it".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 04 Nov 2014, 3:45 pm

Nah it's at the corn exchange in Edinburgh.

She's a rugby fan too, so we're going to the Argie game!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 04 Nov 2014, 3:50 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Nah it's at the corn exchange in Edinburgh.

She's a rugby fan too, so we're going to the Argie game!

See a wife who is a rugby fan has it's benefits. However going to the Rugby is one of my few oppertunities to get away from the Mrs and get to the boozer with little or no nagging....
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 04 Nov 2014, 3:56 pm

She gets on well with the regular crowd we go with (my dad and brother and a couple of family friends) so it works out well. And anyway - she shouts and swears more than I do!

She draws the line at Edinburgh games though - for some reason she doesn't like spending 20 quid to sit in the cold watching Edinburgh lose!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 04 Nov 2014, 4:01 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:She gets on well with the regular crowd we go with (my dad and brother and a couple of family friends) so it works out well. And anyway - she shouts and swears more than I do!

She draws the line at Edinburgh games though - for some reason she doesn't like spending 20 quid to sit in the cold watching Edinburgh lose!

It's a mixed marriage then? She's a Glasgow fan.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 04 Nov 2014, 4:04 pm

demosthenes wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:She gets on well with the regular crowd we go with (my dad and brother and a couple of family friends) so it works out well. And anyway - she shouts and swears more than I do!

It's a mixed marriage then?  She's a Glasgow fan.

Don't be silly - we're both Edinburgh born and bred, and us such have a deep-rooted mistrust of anything from the great unwashed out west! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 08 Nov 2014, 5:21 pm

Just in case anyone missed the second Babas match (Big Al captained again).

Looked like a right laugh:
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 10 Nov 2014, 10:53 pm

Big congratulations RDW. Having been in a mobile\internet free zone on Skye for a week I missed the news - where was the notice in the newspaper??

Weddings are an eye-wateringly expensive business, and yes, it is essential that everything fits within the colour scheme regardless of cost (and you'll be deeply surprised to learn how many particular shades a colour has, even if not noticeable to the naked eye), so I look forward to hearing updates of ludicrous expenditure in the months to come. I'll take a sense of schadenfreude from your pain!

All worth it for the honeymoon though, if you have any money left!

Oh, and I think a 606v2 table is in order at the wedding. I'm sure your fiancé won't mind cutting out some distant relatives to accommodate us in the seating plan.....better order extra spirits for Schizoid!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:52 am

Thanks FES. I have noticed your absence, but maybe that's just because the forum has been particularly pleasant and well behaved over the past week! Very Happy

Went to a wedding fair at the weekend, some of my quotes:

'you need to put covers on chars?? At 6 quid a feckin chair??' Shocked

'What the hell do we need an ice sculpture for??'

'250 quid for a cake?? Can we not just get one from Costco for a tenner?'

These didn't go down well.

Also, apparently suggesting they replace the wedding dress fashion show with wedding night lingerie show was 'inappropriate' Crying or Very sad

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Nov 2014, 9:45 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Big congratulations RDW. Having been in a mobile\internet free zone on Skye for a week I missed the news - where was the notice in the newspaper??

Weddings are an eye-wateringly expensive business, and yes, it is essential that everything fits within the colour scheme regardless of cost (and you'll be deeply surprised to learn how many particular shades a colour has, even if not noticeable to the naked eye), so I look forward to hearing updates of ludicrous expenditure in the months to come. I'll take a sense of schadenfreude from your pain!

Oh, and I think a 606v2 table is in order at the wedding. I'm sure your fiancé won't mind cutting out some distant relatives to accommodate us in the seating plan.....better order extra spirits for Schizoid!
I would travel quite a long way for a free bar at a wedding that doesn't have to be Shari'iah compliant. Very Happy
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Nov 2014, 11:27 am

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Big congratulations RDW. Having been in a mobile\internet free zone on Skye for a week I missed the news - where was the notice in the newspaper??

I would travel quite a long way for a free bar at a wedding that doesn't have to be Shari'iah compliant. Very Happy

We're from Edinburgh remember - there certainly won't be a free bar!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:18 pm

I was at a wedding with a free bar once! Not many can remember what went down that night!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:21 pm

There was a free bar at our wedding. Or so people tell me.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:04 pm

you mean you didn't notice when paying the tab?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 11 Nov 2014, 6:51 pm

In light of the "Jake Ballsack" mistake on the BBC pages, what rude names can we come up with for past and present players. Nob Wainwright, Scrote Hastings, D1ck de Luca, Andy Nippley if you look to England, Phanny Russell
Gentlemen start your engines (but remember the naughty word filter!)

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm

There must be contenders to play wang-forward?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:10 pm

Or man sausage-forward - OK that failed the filter but you get my drift.
Fartin Leslie?
Jeez. Can ScotRail not find a way of making Glasgow to Edinburgh quicker?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:14 pm

Or the big Fijian at Glasgow, Knackers-awa.

Are we there yet, dad?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:23 pm

Laugh

Dickinson already had a naughty word in it...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm

Steven Dong-ald played for New Zealand

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm

Rory Breast...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:32 pm

I'm amazed Nick Cum-ins ever makes it through the swear filter.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:53 pm

Edinburgh's persistent naughty boy, W P Bel-end

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 11 Nov 2014, 8:23 pm

Greig bonks

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 11 Nov 2014, 10:06 pm

Booby (or Boaby, if you prefer) Skinstad was a great player until he got injured (again)

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 12 Nov 2014, 6:34 am

Bent Cairns and Muppet Scott would be a good centre pairing

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 12 Nov 2014, 7:42 am

Sorry injured - couldn't leave that last one on the forum! warning

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Wed 12 Nov 2014, 7:46 am

..... But it was funny, ref

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Wed 12 Nov 2014, 10:31 am

I suck baws (Isaac Boss)

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 12 Nov 2014, 11:32 am

Pat_Mustard wrote:I suck baws (Isaac Boss)

Probably a good thing you added the bit in brackets there...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 12 Nov 2014, 11:34 am

Pat_Mustard wrote:I suck baws (Isaac Boss)
That one only works in a Scots accent. Smile

A few that might have been.

Juan Immof (If only his middle initial was K)

2 Irish slang words for the male appendage are Mickey and Flute.

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that his name was actually Ricky Flutey

Also similarly when I discovered that it was actually Nicky Butt I had to stop callling him Pen1s Ar$e Sad

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 12 Nov 2014, 12:13 pm

Nicholas Mas-terbate?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 12 Nov 2014, 2:29 pm

It's not rugby (so sue me), but go to youtube and type in "Bradley Walsh, Fanny Schmeller"

one of the funniest things on the internet!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm

Back to rugby. Has anyone heard anything about any potential Embra signings? We need one or two players to cover the second and back rows as we can barely get 5 plus 2 bench cover together atm. Bill Lothian, yes I know, was banging on about SH signings, as he does, but surely some short term loan signings from G12, AP, T14 make more sense until some of our guys get back to fitness.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:47 pm

And one back on topic .

Scotland could be playing against Brodie Rentalick this weekend.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 13 Nov 2014, 11:34 am

Just noticed that Niko, Big Naka and Jerry are all down to play against Wales at the weekend - the former two to start, the latter on the bench.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 13 Nov 2014, 1:20 pm

Mike Phillips will have a game on his hands trying to stop Matawalu! Not sure Phillips has the pace or the sharpness to be honest, and whereas Glasgow have tried to instill some sense into mad Maka, I suspect the Fijian coach will tell him to tap and run at every single opportunity!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 14 Nov 2014, 9:46 am

Better late than never, Edinburgh have announced that they have signed Grant Shiells!

Wonder if this means Alan Dells injury is serious?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 14 Nov 2014, 10:54 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Better late than never, Edinburgh have announced that they have signed Grant Shiells!

Wonder if this means Alan Dells injury is serious?

They said he was heading for surgery and it looked and sounded like an ACL. I doubt if he will play again this season.

Potentially decent signing for Edinburgh if he can show the form he was thought capable off whilst at Newcastle. Worryingly though he seems to have been fairly anonymous since going to Bath and they seemed to have no qualms about off loading him a few months into a new contract. Hopefully a fresh start will re-vitalise him.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 14 Nov 2014, 11:21 am

Wow just see that Grant Shiels has siged for you guys (Edinburgh).

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Fri 14 Nov 2014, 1:10 pm

London Scottish: Peter Lydon, Matt Williams, Lee Millar, PJ Gidlow, Miles Mantella, Dan Newton, Matt Heeks, James Hallam, Adam Kwasnicki, Ben Prescott, James Phillips, Gregor Gillanders, Neil Best, James Chisholm, Mark Bright (capt).
Replacements: Mark Lilley, David Cherry, Lovejoy Chawatama, Des Brett, Freddie Clarke,
Chris Auld, Charlie Dochery.
Jersey: Grant Pointer, Mark Foster, Drew Locke, Lewis Robling, Jonny Bentley, Jack Burroughs, Joel Dudley, Sam Lockwood, Martin Garcia-Veiga, Danny Herriott,
Nick Campbell, Dave Markham, Alex Rae (capt), Ryan Hodson, Nick Haining.
Replacements: Ignacio Lancuba, Gareth Harris, Jon Brennan, Paula Kaho, Michael Noone, Ryan Glynn, Ed Dawson.

When did this happen? Chris Auld getting game time down south? Would've thought he'd be in line for a few appearances for Edinburgh during the AIs.
Nice to see Lee Miller and Nick Campbell starting regularly.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 14 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm

Auld has been there most of the season, and has played for them a few times I think.think.

He played in the A game a few weeks ago and did well by all accounts.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 14 Nov 2014, 4:02 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Wow just see that Grant Shiels has siged for you guys (Edinburgh).

It is fantastic news. Great signing and one that makes sense for all parties..

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next