The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues

+47
blackcanelion
funnyExiledScot
Tattie Scones RRN
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Geordie
Jenifer McLadyboy
Pat_Mustard
TheMildlyFranticLlama
SecretFly
RDW
IanBru
InjuredYetAgain
EST
George Carlin
Imperialbigdave
EWT Spoons
MacKnocked-on
R!skysports
sensisball
Pete330v2
Weegie Wizard
Nematode
Argybargy
LeinsterFan4life
demosthenes
quinsforever
lostinwales
Captain_Sensible
tigertattie
Notch
CraigS1874
Dorothy_Mantooth
Majestic83
21st Century Schizoid Man
madmaccas
alive555
justified sinner
BigGee
reallybored
GLove39
cakeordeath
TJ
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
JonnyEdinburgh
VinceWLB
RuggerRadge2611
jimbopip
51 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 17 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues

Post by IanBru Wed 03 Sep 2014, 8:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Banter through the ages:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 17 Laurel-and-hardy
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
https://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv

Well friends, the pre-season has come and gone, now things get real.

A. Edinburgh Rugby
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 17 Edinburgh-Festival-2011-Background1

1. Pre-Season

Edinburgh 10-11 Leicester Tigers
Edinburgh 21-15 Newcastle Falcons

2. Results
Munster 13-14 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 13-14 Connacht
Ospreys 62-13 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 20-20 Scarlets
Ulster 30-0 Edinburgh
Edinburgh 24-10 Newport Gwent Dragons
Bordeaux-Bègles 13-15 Edinburgh

3. Upcoming Fixtures

Friday 24 Oct 2014 - 19:45 (TBC)
Lyon   (H)   -   European Rugby Challenge Cup

B. Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 17 0

1. Pre-Season Results
Glasgow Warriors 23-24 Harlequins
London Scottish 19-38 Glasgow Warriors

2. Results
Glasgow Warriors 22-20 Leinster
Cardiff Blues 12-33 Glasgow Warriors
Newport Gwent Dragons 13-33 Glasgow Warriors
Glasgow Warriors 39 - 21 Connacht
Benetton Treviso 23-40 Glasgow Warriors
Ulster 29-9 Glasgow Warriors

3. Upcoming Fixtures

Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 15:15 (Live on BT Sport 2)
Bath   (H)   -   European Rugby Champions Cup

Sat 25 Oct 2014 - 18:15 (Live on Sky Sports)
Montpellier Herault   (A)   -   European Rugby Champions Cup

Any and all discussion of things rugby-related is welcome. Restaurant recommendations are openly sought. Introductions to eligible young people would be fantastic. Bullying, jingoism, and wang-measuring is not on.

We need to move forwards not backwards, upwards not forwards, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.

Last edited by IanBru on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 2:04 am; edited 5 times in total
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 17 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues

Post by BigGee Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:57 pm

Just watching the London Irish v Gloucester game with a pretty high concentration of Scottish players on show.

London Irish were pretty poor and made a hash of pretty much every chance they had. Blair Cowan put himself about, won turnovers and was possibly their best player. Our old friend Sean put in a dent shift as well, solid without being spectacular, much as he was for Edinburgh.

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Geoff Cross, Felix Low and Scott Steele who were all very underwhelming and all got hooked at 55 mins. Talk of Steele as an international is still well wide of the mark, albeit he is still young and developing. I am still not quite sure what to make of Low, he must have some potential but it was not really on show today and poor old Geoff had a game to forget, penalised in the scrum and dropping the ball in he loose. He did ok against Samoa but I am still not convinced I'm afraid and he did his case no good again today.

Laidlaw had a steady game, distributed and kicked his goals well, even if some of his kicking out of hand was a bit wayward. Who did impress was Steve McColl making the most of the chance of a league start. Solid in defence, caught everything, made a try and scored another, was well in the running for MoM. He may well get a run in th side now and looks very comfortable at this level.

All in all a mixed bag for the Scottish players.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 17 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues

Post by Nematode Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:09 pm

Sorry, who are 'Sean' and Felix Low?

Saw that McColl scored which is encouraging - do you know what positions he plays/would be ready for Scotland A?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:30 pm

Nematode wrote:Sorry, who are 'Sean' and Felix Low?

Saw that McColl scored which is encouraging - do you know what positions he plays/would be ready for Scotland A?

Sorry, when I said Felix, I meant Kieran Low, I blame that on the second bottle of Peroni! Sean of course is Sean Cox, ex of Edinburgh and also Scots qualified by residence, though it is hard to imagine him ever getting a cap. I blame that one on my keyboard, which is on its last legs.

McColl played well at full back and looks a decent player. We do have a few options in that position though, so would want to see him get a few more games. I think this was only his second AP start.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sun 30 Nov 2014, 3:54 pm

We do have quite a few options at FB, in Hogg, Maitland, Murchie, Tonks & Cuthbert so I can't see him really getting a shot their. On the wing, however, after Seymour, Maitland, Visser, there may be a slot free (if Fife was seen as a centre).

I could see a space on the wing for him at Edinburgh, but unless he really develops I can't see him getting any further unfortunately.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 30 Nov 2014, 5:25 pm

Let's not forget Edinburgh has Nick McLennan, who is better than Tonks apparently...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Sun 30 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm

Nematode wrote:We do have quite a few options at FB, in Hogg, Maitland, Murchie, Tonks & Cuthbert so I can't see him really getting a shot their. On the wing, however, after Seymour, Maitland, Visser, there may be a slot free (if Fife was seen as a centre).

I could see a space on the wing for him at Edinburgh, but unless he really develops I can't see him getting any further unfortunately.

MacColl is going to get a run of games now due to rob cooks injury. Played well for Gloucester this season and will get better with more game time. Would say he is a better player than murchie and Tonks and with a run of games will push for the scotland squad.
Normally a 15 but can play both centre positions. Has got a lot of pace but hasn't played much on the wing. Has a pretty good try scoring record and has a monster boot on him. Like Blair Cowan he made a huge impact in England's 2nd tier and could have made the step up easily a couple seasons back.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:51 pm

Well Edinburgh seem to be hip deep in excrement again.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 02 Dec 2014, 1:41 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Let's not forget Edinburgh has Nick McLennan, who is better than Tonks apparently...

picard

Solomons is worse at picking sides than Andy Robinson. He has no feel for team selection or building combinations. It's all about systems and statistics with him.

MacColl sounds like a decent option and I'll look out for him in a Glaws jersey. It's certainly an open position in the Scotland squad. Stuart Hogg is nailed on, but behind him there are gaps. I rate Tonks, but Solomons and Cotter + Johnson don't seem to agree. Murchie keeps playing well for Glasgow but I still don't see him as an international player, merely a solid pro. Cuthbert can't run quickly enough and McLennan appears not to do much at all, he's just...sort of...."there". I also don't like Maitland at 15, because he's a winger.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 02 Dec 2014, 6:23 pm

Fes, RDW and the rest of the plum corduroy pantaloons and Hermes scarf wearing brigade...Has it occurred to you that you might actually lose to London Welsh in your next outing? Is Zebre the bottom of the trough or can you get any more desparate?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 02 Dec 2014, 6:54 pm

jimbopip wrote:Fes, RDW and the rest of the plum corduroy pantaloons and Hermes scarf wearing brigade...Has it occurred to you that you might actually lose to London Welsh in your next outing? Is Zebre the bottom of the trough or can you get any more desparate?

You will avoid making this spelling mistake in future if you bear in mind the origins of the English word being the Latin word "desperare".

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 02 Dec 2014, 7:59 pm

Ooh, I'll never hold my head up in the Basildon Spelling be agin.
p.s. don't avoid the question, How low can you go?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:30 pm

Listen, I've supported Scotland under Matt Williams and Franklin Haddock. I also supported Everton under Mike Walker and have supported Rangers for 25 years. I can go low. As bad as Edinburgh are this season, we were worse under Bradley. What hacks me off about this season is that I had expectations, legitimate in my view, that we would do better. Solomons has messed up pure and simple.

A spelling competition in Basildon would be a hoot.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 03 Dec 2014, 7:24 am

jimbopip wrote:Ooh, I'll never hold my head up in the Basildon Spelling be agin.
p.s. don't avoid the question, How low can you go?

Laugh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_bee
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:27 am

Losing to London Welsh would be the lowest of the low, but can't see it happening, even for this Edinburgh team!

We can beat really bad teams, but if anyone looks reasonably competent then we struggle.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:21 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Losing to London Welsh would be the lowest of the low, but can't see it happening, even for this Edinburgh team!

We can beat really bad teams, but if anyone looks reasonably competent then we struggle.

Thing is, you have actually beaten some good teams this year as well, Munster and Bordeaux are not what you would describe as bad teams in any shape or form!

It is the inconsistency that is maddening, but that does take time and confidence, both of which are scarce commodities in professional sport. In patches this year they have looked a decent hungry team but in other games they have not turned up. Overall though, they are better than under Bradley and better than last year. Top six and European qualification was always going to be a big ask, as someone said, look at the teams that qualified last year and non of them have weakened significantly. They could still make a late run though, unlike the top teams they are not going to be decimated by international call ups and other teams may be tempted to take them easy and maybe rest a few players. If they can take advantage of this, then who knows?

Soloman's is a conservative coach, no doubt about it. He really should have rested Ford on Saturday, he deserved it after 3 internationals and now he has another injury to deal with. He also needs to trust his squad a bit more. Some of the players who have come in through injury, Toolis, Sutherland and Leonardi for instance have really stepped up and wanted to show what they can do with the game time, others may do so as well if given the chance. Surely at this stage in the season, with qualification disappearing into the distance and his own jib on the line, there is less to lose and it would be worth experimenting a bit more. These European games have got to be the time to try it.

The season is not over yet, but it could be soon if nothing changes!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:10 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Losing to London Welsh would be the lowest of the low, but can't see it happening, even for this Edinburgh team!

Well I've set up a jolly match thread where we can mull it over https://www.606v2.com/t56732-the-worst-team-in-scotland-v-the-worst-team-in-england thumbsup

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm

Also here's a fun thing for you should all try.
Whilst on here, right click, select View Page Info, click Security, check out the 'Have I visited this website prior to today?' line. "Yes, 9,088 times"

Cry when you realize how much time you've wasted!

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:41 pm

GLove39 wrote:Also here's a fun thing for you should all try.
Whilst on here, right click, select View Page Info, click Security, check out the 'Have I visited this website prior to today?' line. "Yes, 9,088 times"

Alas that doesn't work for me at work...

Although I suspect it will be a lot less than FES' visits to Horse and Hound, GC's visits to the Bentley owners forum, Bru's visits to LoveHoney (best not done at work) and your clicks on the Ed Sheeran website.... Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:49 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

Alas that doesn't work for me at work...

Although I suspect it will be a lot less than FES' visits to Horse and Hound, GC's visits to the Bentley owners forum, Bru's visits to LoveHoney (best not done at work) and your clicks on the Ed Sheeran website.... Very Happy

Laugh

Ahhh, funny story on that front, the other day I answer the door to a guy, bit rough looking around mid 30s, turns out he'd just been released from prison and was seeking work.
The first thing he says to me, "You look like Ed Sheeran, are you sure you're not Ed Sheeran, go on sign for me" etc
Weirdest doorstepper ever!

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:54 pm

GLove39 wrote:
the other day I answer the door to a guy, bit rough looking around mid 30s, turns out he'd just been released from prison and was seeking work.

Only in Aberdeen!

Take it you came back into the house to find his mate had come in the back door and stolen everything while you were distracted?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 1:04 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
GLove39 wrote:
the other day I answer the door to a guy, bit rough looking around mid 30s, turns out he'd just been released from prison and was seeking work.

Only in Aberdeen!

Take it you came back into the house to find his mate had come in the back door and stolen everything while you were distracted?

Thankfully not! His 'mate' was a few doors down & by the sounds of things wasn't handling rejection too well...

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 1:05 pm

Also come to think of it these Ed Sheeran incidents aren't limmited to Aberdeen, had a similar thing happen at Ascot!

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 03 Dec 2014, 1:58 pm

Watched a few weeks worth of Aviva highlights last night and noted that Moray Low was getting gametime for Exeter (and their scrum looked good). Also saw McColl in a Glaws jersey and he looked hugely promising. Ali Hogg is also putting in a decent shift at Newcastle.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:50 pm

I just looked. Firefox under security. Have you visited this site before today? Answer. Yes. 48,646 times >.<

You..... furious

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 5:37 pm

lostinwales wrote:

I just looked. Firefox under security. Have you visited this site before today? Answer. Yes. 48,646 times >.<

You..... furious

Bloody hell!
That's on a par with the figure I got when I checked facebook!

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:13 pm

BBC website reporting that Ross Rennie is under going another lengthy injury layoff, with an undefined return date, he has an undiagnosed neural issue.

You do wonder if he is ever going to fulfil his potential as a player, he has had too many injuries, which is a great shame and it may be that he is one of those unfortunate players whose career has been blighted. Maybe it was the right thing that Edinburgh did when they allowed him to move on.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:16 pm

What's a neural issue?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:25 pm

To do with the nerves, probably coming from a disc problem.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 04 Dec 2014, 7:40 am

Could be a problem with stingers, the same thing that Strokosch had.

Terrible, terrible news. Why do some of our best players have careers end due to injury? Rennie was our best openside since Finlay Calder. Now, I honestly just expect him to fade away. Really a crying shame.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Thu 04 Dec 2014, 8:59 am

Much like Joe Ansbro and Thom Evans, I find myself thinking he should just get himself fit, leave the sport without risking his longer term health anymore. Surely when your nervous system 'suggests' you retire, then you have to listen.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:01 am

Well in happier news, some more promising updates on Mike Cusak from Toony in the Scotsman:

Away from European action I’d just like to mention the return to action of Mike Cusack.

Everyone at Glasgow has been delighted for Mike that he has recovered from injury and illness and has been able to return to the field of play with Currie in last week’s game against my old club Gala.

When I first arrived at Glasgow, Mike was in outstanding form in which his scrummaging was of the highest standard, only for injury and illness to force him off the rugby field for much of the last two years.

Now he has taken a big step forward on his road back and everyone at Glasgow wishes him well as he continues his return to full fitness.

Doesn't add much to what we already know, but just promising that he is using language suggesting he will be back soon.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:06 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Well in happier news, some more promising updates on Mike Cusak from Toony in the Scotsman:

Away from European action I’d just like to mention the return to action of Mike Cusack.

Everyone at Glasgow has been delighted for Mike that he has recovered from injury and illness and has been able to return to the field of play with Currie in last week’s game against my old club Gala.

When I first arrived at Glasgow, Mike was in outstanding form in which his scrummaging was of the highest standard, only for injury and illness to force him off the rugby field for much of the last two years.

Now he has taken a big step forward on his road back and everyone at Glasgow wishes him well as he continues his return to full fitness.

Doesn't add much to what we already know, but just promising that he is using language suggesting he will be back soon.
Sounds like it's baby steps for big Mike. I don't suppose that we'll find out what he had whilst he's still playing but it's clear that it was debillitating. I just think of Darren Fletcher and his ulcerative colitis. Could be absolutely anything, of course. Hopefully it wasn't what ailed Matthew Rees.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:08 am

Manky-Flanker wrote:Much like Joe Ansbro and Thom Evans, I find myself thinking he should just get himself fit, leave the sport without risking his longer term health anymore. Surely when your nervous system 'suggests' you retire, then you have to listen.

Would be a shame, but I tend to agree with Manky here.  He's just unfortunate that his body doesn't seem to fancy the tolls put on it by being a pro rugby player.  Great player that he is, I think for his own good, he should probably seriously consider calling it a day, before he gets an injury that impacts his quality of life.

I can imagine that would be very difficult, because I suspect he loves playing (you don’t go through that many injuries for something you hate), but I guess you need to make a decision at some point around your priorities.

With that said I hope he makes a full recovery and goes on to have a long injury free career, obviously, but that seems less and less likely.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:09 am

Good news for Mike.

Regardless of whether he goes on to play at the same high standard he used to, just happy for him that he seems to be over whatever kept him out of the game for the last couple of years.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:36 am

In other news, I can no longer refer to GC as a big fat poopy head as it looks like the crown office are going to make saying bad things to folk an offence!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:48 am

tigertattie wrote:In other news, I can no longer refer to GC as a big fat poopy head as it looks like the crown office are going to make saying bad things to folk an offence!
Yahoo
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:47 am

Strauss and Nakarawa both signed up for another two years at Glasgow... Lovely, Jubbly!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:51 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:Strauss and Nakarawa both signed up for another two years at Glasgow... Lovely, Jubbly!
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread V - The Fun Continues - Page 17 Cancan10

I see also that Conor Braid will be full time at London Scottish until the 6N window, at which point Glasgow will get first dibs on him. Smart.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 04 Dec 2014, 11:06 am

Great news on Strauss, and I think it's fair to say Nakarawa has been a brilliant signing given he was a compelte random plucked from relative obscurity.

Not sure how well he does the grunt work, but he's a hell of an athlete!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu 04 Dec 2014, 4:26 pm

Nakarawa has been an incredibly shrewd signing, glad he and Big Josh are with Glasgow for 2 more years.

Nothing new on Rennie, the Scottish Stephen Ferris, can you imagine him at Edinburgh this season and their physical approach? he wouldn't even have lasted a whole game.

As for Big Mike this is good news all around even if i'm still holding my breath, really hope we will see him against Munster..

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:34 pm

Just watching Chiefs v La Rochelle. Exeter murdering them and our old boys Low and McGuigan both playing pretty well. Low seems to be coming into some form after a slow start down there and Bassa made one, with a great run and then scored one in the second half. He was a surprise signing for them, but has certainly played beyond himself so far. Maybe there were just to many good back three players at Glasgow for us to have ever seen the best of him.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 05 Dec 2014, 7:38 am

BigGee wrote:Just watching Chiefs v La Rochelle. Exeter murdering them and our old boys Low and McGuigan both playing pretty well. Low seems to be coming into some form after a slow start down there and Bassa made one, with a great run and then scored one in the second half. He was a surprise signing for them, but has certainly played beyond himself so far. Maybe there were just to many good back three players at Glasgow for us to have ever seen the best of him.
Low even bombed a try by dropping the ball just over the line. Both apparently were excellent.

I never had a problem with Barry - he always performed well with Glasgow (he and Maitland combining for tries in Italy (against Treviso?) a particular highlight) - he was just never going to be first choice with Horne, Dunbar, Bennett, Schlong and for a while during his tenure, even Ascarate being around. I am always a fan of Scotland 'A' players getting regular gametime.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 05 Dec 2014, 9:50 am

He certainly scored a few good tries at Glasgow.

Maybe Edinburgh should give him a 1 year contract? He can kick long-range penalties, play centre or wing which, in international breaks, might be bare.

Or, saying Glasgow is looted of its players in the international windows, maybe they should be allowed a larger squad budget - I wouldn't be disappointed to see Mcuigan playing or on the bench with Glasgow's recent form.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:11 am

Well in other news, our 7s team has got off to a great start witha 43-0 thrashing against NZ... picard

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:15 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Well in other news, our 7s team has got off to a great start witha  43-0 thrashing against NZ... picard

They beat Samoa in the first game.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:17 am

McGuigan looked good last night, I would expect him to feature in the 'A' fixtures in the new year, both he and McCall look good back three options. Low also played pretty well, looks to me as if he has bulked up a bit and he was certainly mobile. Obviously the coaches at Glasgow are doing a fantastic job but, in this case, both players seem to have benefited from a new environment.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:27 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Well in other news, our 7s team has got off to a great start witha  43-0 thrashing against NZ... picard

They beat Samoa in the first game.

Woops - I take it all back then, the 7s is well worth the money! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:38 am

Hopefully both Low and McGuigan can put a run of games together.

Low has been average at best for Exeter so far this season and McGuigan wasn't great playing 2nd level ITM cup in NZ.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:51 am

Apologies for the change of topic, but I've recently bought Rugby Union Manager 2015 (champ manager for rugby), so thought I'd review it here:

https://www.606v2.com/t56771-rugby-union-team-manager-2015

I have to say it has been fairly accurate so far - as Edinburgh I was pumped by Munster and Ospreys (Ross Ford was sent off after 1 minute) but have managed to win my home games. Got a win away to Ulster too which was a bit of a surprise!

It's a good fun game though so well worth it if you like champ man / football manager.

Come review it on my thread if you've got it!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 05 Dec 2014, 10:51 am

The Scotland 'A' team could be quite interesting to see who features. You could have (assuming they won't be in the 1st 23):

Reid, MacArthur, Murray, Swinson, Kellock, (Kelly) Brown, Watson, Ashe, SHC, Tonks, Visser, Taylor, Evans, (Tom) Brown, Mccoll

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next