The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS

+38
Steffan
catchweight
trottb
taguey
monty junior
RatBoy66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Mayweathers cellmate
Strongback
Marlonz
superflyweight
Fernando
Kareem61
terryaki01
22-2
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
sugarrayb
kingraf
Pedro147
John Bloody Wayne
milkyboy
Gerry SA
Haito
wheelchair1991
lfc91
Seanusarrilius
rob-glos
Hammersmith harrier
jimdig
theanimal316
All Time Great
AdamT
Adam D
owen10ozzy
3fingers
TRUSSMAN66
Dipper Brown
mobilemaster8
42 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS - Page 7 Empty Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 22 Nov - 18:29

First topic message reminder :

Evening everyone.

First fight in the way is Jamie McDonnell.

3 rounds in and I have him losing every one of them

Turning off now as neither can punch. I'll watch the footy and turn of after.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS - Page 7 Empty Re: Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS

Post by Strongback Sun 23 Nov - 0:23

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Strongy just **** off.

Stick it up your arse you fuc,kin pr!ck.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS - Page 7 Empty Re: Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 23 Nov - 0:23

Don't think clev threw a right from the 1st round.

Also, I had Clev ahead after 8 but lost the last 3 or 4 so lost by a few in my eyes.

On a side note, yet again, the commentary was disgusting and pro bellew.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 23 Nov - 0:24

Agreed Strongy. I had Bellew winning, but again, where was this brutal KO he's been promising for the last 3 months? Against a guy who was fighting one handed and who clearly isn't interested in boxing anymore.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 23 Nov - 0:24

Decision

115-114 - Clev
116-112 - Bellew
115-113 - Bellew

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 23 Nov - 0:26

Terry O'Connor
Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS - Page 7 Retarded

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Nov - 0:26

Poor Clev he's so knackered he can't speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 23 Nov - 0:26

Well that was money well saved

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sun 23 Nov - 0:27

Please god not a decider.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 23 Nov - 0:27

Clev suggests fight no.3

Bellew: If go Millennium Stadium ill come there.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 23 Nov - 0:27

Ha ha. Bellew wins yet still makes excuses.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 23 Nov - 0:27

HOOORRRAAAYYY! COMING NEAR A THEATRE NEAR YOUR...CLEV vs BELLEW 3 IN CARDIFF!!!

Dipper...fancy going?

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Nov - 0:27

wheelchair1991 wrote:Well that was money well saved

Amen to that. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 23 Nov - 0:28

Bellew 'if this fight could fill the millennium stadium' ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Nov - 0:28

No no no

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 23 Nov - 0:28

What did he make excuses about

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by 22-2 Sun 23 Nov - 0:28

zero demand for fight three here in Cardiff, that was balls!

22-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 23 Nov - 0:29

Owen - I'd rather defacate in my hands and clap to be honest

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 23 Nov - 0:30

Rather surprised Clev made no mention of the right hand. Poopie fight plan if it weren't hurt

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sun 23 Nov - 0:31

The fact that they never even asked Clev about his hand makes me think they're all in on it. Wouldn't even be surprised if Bellew was in on it.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 23 Nov - 0:32

Bellew's gesture in calling Cleverly back into the ring completely cancelled out by him then saying "I don't like you and there's going to be no embrace..". He just is not a good person. Hope there is no rematch and Huck next. Not too hot on him but pretty sure he'll rid us of Bellew.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 23 Nov - 0:33

wheelchair, he said he was sluggish after putting too much weight on after the weigh in.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 23 Nov - 0:33

Two dreadful fighters, one didn't throw more than a handful of powershots and was gassed by round 9, the other you'd see more quality punches in a drunken cat fight. I'd feel sick spending 16 quid on that, fortunately there were some good fighters in the undercard.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 23 Nov - 0:34

Bellew was just too big. Credit to clev not mentionjng his hand if its injured. Bellew has KO poor, especially early, he just lacks the timjng to land the big shot...instead he telegraphs it.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 23 Nov - 0:36

Strongback wrote:

You're quick too belittle two men who survive through boxing yet you've never done it, show them more respect instead of carrying on your Eddie hate.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 23 Nov - 0:40

Reckon Afolabi breaks these guys.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by taguey Sun 23 Nov - 0:42

I had it even after 6. After that, not sure clev landed a decent punch. Bellew wasnt great at all, but at least he threw punches. Split decision was a joke

taguey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 23 Nov - 0:42

Sky Sports Boxing ‏@SkySportsBoxing 3m 3 minutes ago
From backstage, Nathan Cleverly did not sustain any damage to his right hand

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 23 Nov - 0:46

Well I'll have to swallow my pride on that. Bellew won in my eyes by a couple. Split decision was generous to clev....who is NOT a cruiser.

Bellew is a euro level fighter unfortunately for him...no matter how good he thinks he is.

In general, he is a nasty person and I'm actually glad that Stevenson knocked his arse out.

But hey, all the best to them both. Not sure what was wrong with clev. Kovalev tore his soul from him.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 23 Nov - 0:50

What time is pacman?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 23 Nov - 0:53

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Strongback wrote:

You're quick too belittle two men who survive through boxing yet you've never done it, show them more respect instead of carrying on your Eddie hate.

Save your faux moralistic sh!te for somebody who gives a Frak.

You'll always be a cretin you brainless cun.t.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 23 Nov - 0:55

That's a result for the consumer. Bellew looked every inch the man who's bark is bigger than his bite, Clev looked like a man who couldn't carry the weight properly.

Stinking fight and hopefully no market for a third. We can cross our fingers it didn't sell well and we won't be subjected to such tosh for money any longer.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 23 Nov - 0:56

Agreed mobile. You can see in the post weigh in interview with Clev (with Kugan Cassius) that he looks like a man who just has not got the desire or belief in himself to box anymore. Sad to see.

As for Bellew. He got what he wanted, but he has come out of this doing himself no favours in the popularity stakes. If he fights Huck next and is KO'd like I'm sure he will be, at least they'll be a little justice I guess. I used to find him interesting at one time, but have really taken a dislike to the guy over the last couple of years. Funny how he NEVER backs himself up after always giving it the large one.. Whistle

Last edited by Marlonz on Sun 23 Nov - 0:57; edited 1 time in total

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 23 Nov - 0:57

Strongback wrote:
Strongback wrote:

People in glass houses, Strongy.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 23 Nov - 1:04

trottb wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Strongback wrote:

People in glass houses, Strongy.

Should not have sex?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by terryaki01 Sun 23 Nov - 1:18

115-113 bellew for me, disappointing performance. Pac man probably about 3am

terryaki01

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 23 Nov - 1:34

Didnt see the fight but saw the result and thought how predictable. Cleverly was never going to get a decision in a competetive fight and he was pretty unlikely to win by a large margin. A predictable trilogy if ever there was one. Hearn laughing all the way to the bank I imagine.

How was the card overall? A ppv success or a failure?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 23 Nov - 1:50

Just got back from my brothers. I imagine many of you are expecting me to have my tale between my legs...but in all honesty...if Clev is going to be that crap then he deserves to lose so well done Bellew

By the end I almost couldn't have cared who got the verdict. Two terrible fighters and Bellew won it on the basis of that he was less crapper than Clev (not hard mind). I've seen local Welsh drunks put more effort into a punchup than Clev did

Bellew wasn't much better but at least showed some heart. In all honesty that was like watching a white collar match. If that's the best Clev has to offer at Cruiserweight then he may as well get an accountancy job now. Bellew should take a payday against Huck and after losing also retire. Dreadful all round 

On a positive note Joshua is still looking like a total beast and Degale was very impressive yet again

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 23 Nov - 1:54

Was it a good fight?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 23 Nov - 1:56

catchweight wrote:Was it a good fight?
Which one or are you being sarcastic?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 23 Nov - 2:04

I didnt catch any of them.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 23 Nov - 2:22

I see what you mean Steff. Patriotism had me cheering for Cleverly and I had him ahead after 6 or 7 but shortly after I stopped caring.

Look at the post fight interviews, Clev isn't devastated to lose and Bellew isn't triumphant in victory. Theyve both realised their limitations I think.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 23 Nov - 2:25

Rubbish card, nothing approaching a good fight and a waste of £17 for anyone who indulged. Only positive note was JDG looking really good.

We can but hope that this has bombed and we don't see a PPV in a long time!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 23 Nov - 2:26

catchweight wrote:I didnt catch any of them.
Well in regards to not so Cleverly v Mr Winklechops...showing this fight will be used as torture techniques by governments in future

Groves boxed ok but looked sloppy

Degale looked really good

Joshua clearly has mega power but the chin is still untested

The best entertainment was the Slimester Froch telling everyone how crap Groves and Degale are and while I can't stand the loathsome clown his "I'm so great it's unbelievable" style interviews did make me chuckle

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 23 Nov - 2:27

Bellew will never realise his limitations. He is one of boxings biggest windbags. Cleverly knows he isnt a top fighter and strikes me as guy that doesnt lose any sleep over it.

Given the amount of talk Bellew and expectation that Bellew built up - a close win against a potentially injured Cleverly still seems like a pyrhhic victory. But Bellew always promises and seldom delivers.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 23 Nov - 2:32

Dipper Brown wrote:I see what you mean Steff. Patriotism had me cheering for Cleverly and I had him ahead after 6 or 7 but shortly after I stopped caring.

Look at the post fight interviews, Clev isn't devastated to lose and Bellew isn't triumphant in victory. Theyve both realised their limitations I think.
Welsh, Scouse or just a general boxing fan...who the hell would want to pay now to watch either of these two against a decent opponent

Agree that at the end you didn't really feel like there was a winner or loser. Just two average boxers who got a decent payday for a crap fight

Clev v Bellew 3 at the Millennium Stadium? Think I'm washing my hair that night...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 23 Nov - 2:38

Jesus the reports for this card are really sh1tting on it. Sound like a stinker.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sun 23 Nov - 8:11

Dipper Brown wrote:Rubbish card, nothing approaching a good fight and a waste of £17 for anyone who indulged. Only positive note was JDG looking really good.

We can but hope that this has bombed and we don't see a PPV in a long time!
Barry Hearn was being particularly smug and condescending on an IFL TV interview last night. 

He said Sky are very happy with sales.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 23 Nov - 9:25

The fight card was poor tbh.

Quigg looked decent against a the game Japanese opponent

Perriban was obviously here to pick up a check and do some sight seeing.

Groves opponent put up a decent effort but gassed terribly. Groves looked poor.

Sprott??? If these fights are helping Joshua any I fail to see how.

Did not bother watching Clev v Bell did not fall for all the pre fight hype and trash talk. These 2 can't deliver and are both second rate by now.

Those who paid for this should feel dirty and ashamed of themselves.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 23 Nov - 9:31

It doesn't surprise me if it did sell well. They pushed it like it was the thriller in Manila, with a huge amount of airtime on promotion. Casuals get caught up in it, and by the sounds of things, most regular boxing fans still went for it through gritted teeth.

Sadly it will set a precedent, we will continue to get domestic 'grudges' crop up (It's all Nigel benn and Chris Eubank 's fault!), Supported by a 'stacked' undercard. That's his formula and it's here to stay until sales bomb.

What Eddie does need to be careful of, is when his promised juicy strawberries turn out to be rancid, it's not quite such an easy sell next time. Hopefully, even if it did sell well, sky will be telling him to up the quality for next one. There will be a next time, so the best we can hope for is at least one fight that's actually worth watching.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 23 Nov - 9:47

Well said Milky.

I sometimes think Hearn believes he knows the game inside out. He is still a baby in the promotional world and time will tell if he has the souless longevity of a King or Arum or even Warren.

Clev/Bell is not a PPV fight no matter how much you hype it. You're right Hearn wants a new Benn v Eubank rivalry like his old man but that was real needle between the 2 back then and it was apparent to everyone. Hearn has tried to use this template for Froch v Groves and I suspect he is building up another Groves/Degale potential PPV scam.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next