The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS

+38
Steffan
catchweight
trottb
taguey
monty junior
RatBoy66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Mayweathers cellmate
Strongback
Marlonz
superflyweight
Fernando
Kareem61
terryaki01
22-2
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
sugarrayb
kingraf
Pedro147
John Bloody Wayne
milkyboy
Gerry SA
Haito
wheelchair1991
lfc91
Seanusarrilius
rob-glos
Hammersmith harrier
jimdig
theanimal316
All Time Great
AdamT
Adam D
owen10ozzy
3fingers
TRUSSMAN66
Dipper Brown
mobilemaster8
42 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS - Page 9 Empty Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 22 Nov 2014, 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Evening everyone.

First fight in the way is Jamie McDonnell.

3 rounds in and I have him losing every one of them

Turning off now as neither can punch. I'll watch the footy and turn of after.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS - Page 9 Empty Re: Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS

Post by 3fingers Sun 23 Nov 2014, 5:44 pm

If I was a sky sports subscriber I'd be peed off about paying, but I'm not (I dont give a monkeys about football or F1 and live away from home, anyway).

I was on leave this week, I fancied watching some boxing so I paid 16 quid. Its not a big deal, honestly. The situation suits me because a PPV card is the only chance I get to see live boxing (unless its on channel 5). I'll gladly continue to pay for similar cards in future, if I'm home.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS - Page 9 Empty Re: Liverpool Fight Thread - SPOILERS

Post by 3fingers Sun 23 Nov 2014, 5:47 pm

Though I'd prefer a £10 card but more often.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 23 Nov 2014, 6:03 pm

I would gladly pay if the fights were more competitive. I picked the winner for every fight last night and I'm sure many on here did the same.

only fight some would of got wrong was the headliner. If Groves had of been fighting Degale as the headliner and Bellew and Cleverly been the support then that would of been more worthy.

Still it was only 16 quid. Would hardly get you a decent drink.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Sun 23 Nov 2014, 6:59 pm

Sky really need to revamp their coverage. Johnny is decent when not presenting the show but he is not a frontman. Froch is Froch and there to talk about himself. Paul Smith I like,articulate and not afraid to express an opinion. Id seriously rather have Jamie Moore and Spencer Oliver presenting sky's shows.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 23 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm

They are all marching to a script at Sky. I dont think it matters who they get in, whoever that person is will have a line to tow. Its all phoney and scripted. Barry McGuigan is the only guy I can remember being on Sky in the last few years that would say what he actually thought as opposed to what he was supposed to say.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 23 Nov 2014, 7:09 pm

To be fair Mcrory went against the sky script for froch groves 2

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 23 Nov 2014, 7:14 pm

Im not sure he was going against the script. They wanted the feel of a 50/50 fight in the build up where you couldnt call a winner. To be fair, it didnt require a lot of work as it was a tough one to call.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9