The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
seanmichaels
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Union Cane
14 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rowley wrote:Got about 15 films for less than 40 quid so thought if I only like half of them it represents decent value. Unfortunately N by NW is not one of them, which is a pity as I have seen that and enjoyed it

Does it include that one with the birds, I forget what it is called.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2015, 11:45 am

1. According to recent theories, 27% of the universe is made up of dark matter. What is 68% of the universe made up of?
2. What is the chemical symbol for Mercury? Hg - Tino
3. Which astronomer presented The Sky at Night from 1957 - 2013? Patrick Moore - Jeff
4. What do 1000 (or 1024) kilobytes make? Megabyte - TLD
5. Who was the first American women in space?
6. What is the standard unit of resistance? Ohm - TLD
7. How long does it take light to travel across the Milky Way a) 25,000 years b) 100,000 years c) 750,000?
8. Which modern 7-letter scientific word comes from the Latin for 'amount' or ‘how much’? Quantum - TLD
9. What was the name of the Russian Space Station that was in orbit from 1986 to 2001? Mir - TLD
10. For one point each what are the only two planets in the solar system which do not have moons? Mercury - TLD

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Apr 2015, 11:48 am

10. The other one is Venus... you're my fire but not my heart's desire unfortunately.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Apr 2015, 11:51 am

5. Is she the one who died in the Challenger disaster... McCauliff? sp.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2015, 11:52 am

Shouldn't take more than 3 of you to get question 7 right.

Not McCauliff

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Apr 2015, 12:00 pm

1. Is worrying me. I hope the other 5% is rock... 68% anti matter?
7. I'll go b) 100,000 years... give or take a few thousand.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2015, 12:03 pm

1 is not dark matter, it's dark something else
7 is 100,000 years

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Apr 2015, 12:51 pm

1 - Dark Energy
5 - Sally Ride

Afternoon all

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:15 pm

Afternoon, rick
Both correct.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:15 pm

Have found myself singing Mustang Sally to myself since you answered number 5 Rick.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:18 pm

I believe the song did indeed pertain to Miss Ride Jeff

Afternoon Jules

Cracking quiz, I will be stealing some of those for my future endeavours!

Everybody enjoy celebrating the re-birth of our Lord Jesus Christ? That and eating chocolate for some reason

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:25 pm

Rowley wrote:Have found myself singing Mustang Sally to myself since you answered number 5 Rick.

F*ck you, Jeff.

No seriously, f*ck you for good this time.

I get a bit of Sam Cooke in for you and what happens? You blank me.

RiCk, the big swinging d*ck lawyer saunters in late with his Wilson Pickett references and you start singing along.

RiCK, no offense, pal.

Jeff, f*ck you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:27 pm

Sorry Tina, I don't particularly like the Sam Cooke song so it did not lodge in my head. The Wilson Pickett one did though. Obviously you are too angry for this to calm you down but I did change my location in tribute to you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:28 pm

Spoiler:

same one from the other side

Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:28 pm

Afternoon Tino... (none taken)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:29 pm

Rowley wrote:Sorry Tina, I don't particularly like the Sam Cooke song so it did not lodge in my head. The Wilson Pickett one did though. Obviously you are too angry for this to calm you down but I did change my location in tribute to you.

I'm pretty f*cking mad at the moment, Jeff.

I also don't know who Ben Whishaw is which is making me madder.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm

It is a brilliantly clever reference to your location. (He is the actor who played Q in Skyfall)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thanks LD. That's gone some way to helping me. That really is a beautiful spider.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:31 pm

Rowley wrote:It is a brilliantly clever reference to your location. (He is the actor who played Q in Skyfall)

That is clever. I'll give you that.

I just need some time to calm down.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:32 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thanks LD.  That's gone some way to helping me.  That really is a beautiful spider.

Beautiful little things. We call them St Andrew's Cross spiders. The bite is not too painful apparently.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:33 pm

I was going to go with Desmond Llewelyn, but we can't dumb things down too much round here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:35 pm

That opera bird off the voice was a different gear on Saturday. William may be a helmet but he has some serious talent. Pity the jock vote f'd it all up.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:37 pm

seanmichaels wrote:William may be a helmet but he has some serious talent.

In what?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:38 pm

LD, what is the spider that looks like an Everton mint and unleashes hell on moths?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:39 pm

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:William may be a helmet but he has some serious talent.

In what?

It is not my music but the way he popularised some classical schizzle was genius. Did you see it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:41 pm

No, of course not.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:46 pm

Blimey, what happened, one minute we were discussing the vagaries of dark energy, now we are talking about karaoke...

It's a strange old world

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:LD, what is the spider that looks like an Everton mint and unleashes hell on moths?

Are you thinking of the golden silk orb weaver? However that has bits of yellow and white on black.

I saw this strange bird too. It was foraging so intently or it was so tame. It was completely oblivious to my presence... like on here sometimes.
Some sort of black water fowl?

Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:47 pm

Should have. It is how I perfected my Tom Jones impersonation. ' I like Dolly Partno I do. Phucked her in 1956 on Elvis's sofa. You know I uised to hang around with Elvis right?'

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:49 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:LD, what is the spider that looks like an Everton mint and unleashes hell on moths?

Are you thinking of the golden silk orb weaver? However that has bits of yellow and white on black.

I saw this strange bird too. It was foraging so intently or it was so tame. It was completely oblivious to my presence... like on here sometimes.

Spoiler:

It had short legs and a fat black and white body. It was on South Molle island.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:55 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Spoiler:

It had short legs and a fat black and white body. It was on South Molle island.

Something like this? Austracantha minax - Christmas or Jewel spider

Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:15 pm

Rowley wrote:I was going to go with Desmond Llewelyn, but we can't dumb things down too much round here.

Should have gone with just 'Wishaw', since that is also a place.
TLD could have gone with Tip, since a tip is also a place.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:17 pm

That could be the fecker. Brutal. Some dimwitted Yanks tried to squash a moth so our Aussie guide saved and then set it free. Unfortunately it flew straight from his hands to the beams and this bastard trapped and wrapped it in little more than a few seconds.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:17 pm

I found a dead spider (wolf or huntsman) the other morning. It was a real murder mystery.
Have a feeling it might have got pecked by a bird (but it looked very intact)... or... it walked over part of the termite barrier (Kordon) which contains some sort of poison.

Righto... off to bed now. I better make sure the doors are properly locked.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:34 pm

Now The Voice has finished (thank F*CK) I'm waiting for the BBC to come up with a tremendous new show to fill the Top Gear void. Something original and not already done by ITV. Maybe called, "Is there any talent in the United Kingdom? Let's have a look, shall we?" (title will obviously need a tweak)

BLOODY HELL.....a three months of f*cking twuntards singing (there's a already a show for that,you C*NT!) or balancing ping pong balls on their elbows whilst dressed as nuns or pre-school/teenage troupes "street" dancing whilst Amanda Holden votes them through because they're sooooo cute and then there's the nana brigade with their inappropriate whooping and arm waving (why can't old people wave their arms properly? Thy just look like they're shaking out a table cloth at a funny angle)

At least the t-shirt printing shop will get a bit of trade in time to pay for their summer holidays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:37 pm

You are aware you don't have to watch them aren't you Dave? Feel like I have mentioned this before but hate the idea you are putting yourself through something that obviously causes you distress without realising it is not mandatory.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:40 pm

The Voice is about the only non-cultured Telly I'm allowed to watch. That an Gogglebox I suppose. Best show currently on Telly.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:42 pm

DAVE wrote:(title will obviously need a tweak)

How about Talent In The Streets?

or

Cultural, Unsung New Talent Stars

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:(title will obviously need a tweak)

How about Talent In The Streets?

or

Cultural, Unsung New Talent Stars

Last of the Summer Talent.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 3:00 pm

Rowley wrote:You are aware you don't have to watch them aren't you Dave? Feel like I have mentioned this before but hate the idea you are putting yourself through something that obviously causes you distress without realising it is not mandatory.

You haven't met my wife, Rowley. It's her idea of spending time together once the kids are asleep

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2015, 3:10 pm

DAVE667 wrote:why can't old people wave their arms properly?

Arthritis. What's it to you, you young punk?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 3:35 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:why can't old people wave their arms properly?

Arthritis. What's it to you, you young punk?
You all look weird when you do it. There was an advert years ago for a UK Holiday camp and it showed a family "having fun" together. They were ten pin bowling and the young lad got a strike, Nan did the "punching the air in triumph" thing and it just looked horrible. Ever since then, it's been a constant irritant.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2015, 4:09 pm

Yeah - if only there was a cure for arthritis it would relieve all the suffering of those who have to look at people who have it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 07 Apr 2015, 4:11 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Yeah - if only there was a cure for arthritis it would relieve all the suffering of those who have to look at people who have it.

Can't you wear one of those copper bands on your wrist? Cures it straight away.

You're welcome.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 07 Apr 2015, 4:42 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Yeah - if only there was a cure for arthritis it would relieve all the suffering of those who have to look at people who have it.

Can't you wear one of those copper bands on your wrist?  Cures it straight away.

You're welcome.

Last.

Don't, you'll get sean all excited.

Greetings bumerinos, Good easter break?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2015, 5:24 pm

Can't you wear one of those copper bands on your wrist?  Cures it straight away.

You're welcome.

Thanks. I could do. I don't actually have arthritis though. That's just a role I play for the benefit of the culture cup.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Apr 2015, 5:31 pm

I thought I had gout last week. Made the mistake of self diagnosing via the internet. Won't be making that mistake again in a hurry.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Apr 2015, 5:46 pm

Rowley wrote:I thought I had gout last week. Made the mistake of self diagnosing via the internet. Won't be making that mistake again in a hurry.

What was it - syphilis?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 5:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:I thought I had gout last week. Made the mistake of self diagnosing via the internet. Won't be making that mistake again in a hurry.

What was it - syphilis?
No, he'd have to have had sex for that...probably just a swollen toe from kicking the door in frustration at not having had sex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 5:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You're welcome.

Thanks. I could do. I don't actually have arthritis though. That's just a role I play for the benefit of the culture cup.
Oh yeah, F*CK you Jules, I wasn't criticizing old people for having arthritis, I was criticizing them for having an ungainly manner of waving.

Reminds me of the time me wife forced me to go watch "Stomp" at the Lowry. There was a bit where one of the performers was trying to get the audience to participate by clapping out a rhythm. On no account should large groups of middle class white people be allowed to clap in unison. I also remember the ice dancing back in the day when it was on tv (the professional stuff not this celebrity cr*p people think is ice skating...I remember this when it was all fields!!!!!!!). The up tempo music would start, the audience would clap along, then the music would slow down and for about 20 seconds afterwards there were some people STILL clapping along to the previous beat......

Arthritis? No, just arrhythmia...of the ears and soul!

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 07 Apr 2015, 6:31 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thanks LD.  That's gone some way to helping me.  That really is a beautiful spider.

The cat and I have become quite adept at spider-hunting.  She does her special "there's a spider on the ceiling/high up on the wall" miaow and I hold her up above my head so she can swat it.  I'm not sure if they get killed, I sort of hope so because if not there's one highly phucked off spider in the flat.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next