The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
seanmichaels
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Union Cane
14 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rowley wrote:Got about 15 films for less than 40 quid so thought if I only like half of them it represents decent value. Unfortunately N by NW is not one of them, which is a pity as I have seen that and enjoyed it

Does it include that one with the birds, I forget what it is called.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:19 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Let's just say it was some Hope.

It springs eternal.  

It has feathers.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:37 am

ShahenshahG wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Yes, but it was a full moon so we were allowed do some bedtime reading in the prison camp.

How are we today my fiery fine friend? Any catastrophes planned?

If this devil weed ever lets me ill get around to it. Otherwise just a pleasant morning birds singing sun shining etc etc. How goes it for you?

Well at least you are enjoying a pleasant morning with birds singing, sun shining, etc.
That's great to hear... considering you are still locked in that poorly ventilated garage with a single small window.

I found a hole in the fence and when the guard looked the other way I made a break for it. Currently sitting in an outback diner trying to look inconspicuous in my orange jumpsuit reading a dog-eared copy of Zoo Weekly.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:57 am

Rowley wrote:A brief Quiz, it's about the Oscars, but credit most of you with the ability to have worked that out for yourselves.

How many Oscar nominations has Meryl Streep had? 18 (Sean)

Who turned down a best actor Oscar for the film Patton? George C Scott (Sean)

How many Oscars have the Bond films won? 4

Only two actors have won back to back best actor Oscars, name them? 1 - Hanks (Rick)

Which actor has the most Oscar nominations without winning? Peter O Toole

How many times did Bob Hope host the Oscars? Leave it, just leave it

Who was the oldest actor to win an acting Oscar?
Christopher Plummer

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:58 am

Seaned that quote right up

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:59 am

I was way off with my answers then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:13 am

How many Oscar nominations has Meryl Streep had? 1 (for strangest name for a human being)

Who turned down a best actor Oscar for the film Patton? Whoopi Goldberg (on the grounds she wasn't in it)

How many Oscars have the Bond films won? 1 (for f*cking cinematography or something really unimportant)

Only two actors have won back to back best actor Oscars, name them? Tom Hanks and Lassie

Which actor has the most Oscar nominations without winning? Joey Essex

How many times did Bob Hope host the Oscars? Not as many times as he Michaelsed them

Who was the oldest actor to win an acting Oscar? Jessica Tandy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:25 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Yes, but it was a full moon so we were allowed do some bedtime reading in the prison camp.

How are we today my fiery fine friend? Any catastrophes planned?

If this devil weed ever lets me ill get around to it. Otherwise just a pleasant morning birds singing sun shining etc etc. How goes it for you?

Well at least you are enjoying a pleasant morning with birds singing, sun shining, etc.
That's great to hear... considering you are still locked in that poorly ventilated garage with a single small window.

I found a hole in the fence and when the guard looked the other way I made a break for it. Currently sitting in an outback diner trying to look inconspicuous in my orange jumpsuit reading a dog-eared copy of Zoo Weekly.

Sounds like my dad's second wedding

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:43 pm

I've just watched a news item about an Australian producer making soap operas in Afghanistan.
Quite entertaining. Some very macho characters bullying people around. In one scene set in an office, a fat guy is kicking some poor subordinate up the backside whilst screaming at him. I have no idea what the poor bugger did wrong but it must have been something careless I'd presume.

We need more of these politically incorrect dramas. I'm sure there's a dormant market out there..

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:43 pm

An hour ticked by...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Everyone must be feeling sleepy after lunch or on the non dom thread.

One more post to a beautifully balanced and numerically attractive palindrome.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:22 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:An hour ticked by...

I think they have all gone off to 606v3 again. T*ssers.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm here. Tried the off topic section, not sure it is for me. What do we want a quiz on, I'll knock one up if I get a sensible suggestion.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Rowley wrote:I'm here. Tried the off topic section, not sure it is for me. What do we want a quiz on, I'll knock one up if I get a sensible suggestion.

Arthropods or global conflicts between 1914 and 1982?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Global conflicts is more likely Tina (will almost certainly be mainly WW2)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Rowley wrote:Global conflicts is more likely Tina (will almost certainly be mainly WW2)

That will do. I would say my area of expertise is WWI or Vietnam but I'd like to think I could get a couple of the WWII ones without cheating.

I'm reading Stalingrad at the moment. Excellent book and has the added advantage of being written by Antony Beevor which never fails to make me laugh.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:39 pm

Right conflicts quiz, apologies if it is too easy or too hard, have no ideas whether we are all experts or idiots.

What is the approximate translation of the term that appears above the gates at Auschwitz?

Who was the head of the Luftwaffe?

What rank did Hitler reach during the 1st World War?

Of the estimated 3m who died during the Vietnam War how many were Americans? (within a couple of thousand, I’m a reasonable man)

What was the code name of the German invasion of Russia during the 2nd world war?

What year did the Pearl Harbour attack happen?

Who was the US president at the end of WW2?

Who was British Prime Minister at the beginning of WW1?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:43 pm

Rowley wrote:Right conflicts quiz, apologies if it is too easy or too hard, have no ideas whether we are all experts or idiots.

What is the approximate translation of the term that appears above the gates at Auschwitz? Work gives Freedom

Who was the head of the Luftwaffe? Goring

What rank did Hitler reach during the 1st World War? Captain

Of the estimated 3m who died during the Vietnam War how many were Americans? (within a couple of thousand, I’m a reasonable man) 75,000?

What was the code name of the German invasion of Russia during the 2nd world war? Barbarossa

What year did the Pearl Harbour attack happen? 1942

Who was the US president at the end of WW2? Can't remember

Who was British Prime Minister at the beginning of WW1? Asquith

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Right conflicts quiz, apologies if it is too easy or too hard, have no ideas whether we are all experts or idiots.

What is the approximate translation of the term that appears above the gates at Auschwitz? Work gives Freedom Correct

Who was the head of the Luftwaffe? Goring Correct

What rank did Hitler reach during the 1st World War? Captain Incorrect

Of the estimated 3m who died during the Vietnam War how many were Americans? (within a couple of thousand, I’m a reasonable man) 75,000? Too far out I'm afraid

What was the code name of the German invasion of Russia during the 2nd world war? Barbarossa Correct

What year did the Pearl Harbour attack happen? 1942 Incorrect

Who was the US president at the end of WW2? Can't remember

Who was British Prime Minister at the beginning of WW1? Asquith

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:49 pm

1941 for Pearl Harbor then?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:50 pm

50,000 for Vietnam?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:51 pm

41 is correct and 50,000 is nearer. Asquith is right by the way. Missed that first time round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Rowley wrote:41 is correct and 50,000 is nearer. Asquith is right by the way. Missed that first time round.

60,000?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:53 pm

That's near enough, 58,000 apparently.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Rowley wrote:That's near enough, 58,000 apparently.

Bloody hell, it's not much out of 3m people.

Was Hitler a Sergeant?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Isn't it "Work Will Set You Free"?

President was FDR wasn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Isn't it "Work Will Set You Free"?

B*llocks, I wish I'd thought of that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:59 pm

FDR was the start of the war Dave, that was my cunning trap.

Not a Sergent Tina

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:00 pm

Rowley wrote:FDR was the start of the war Dave, that was my cunning trap.

Not a Sergent Tina

Lance Corporal?

He wasn't a General, I know that much.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Truman Capote Harry Truman

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:03 pm

Good work Jules. Hitler was a corporal Tina, so near enough

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:03 pm

Good quiz, Jeff!

Arthropods next?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:05 pm

1. True or False: The Arthropod phylum is the largest on Earth.

2. Arthropods have
a. radial symmetry
b. bilateral symmetry
c. no symmetry
d. pentameral symmetry
e. cubic symmetry

3. Which of the following is a characteristic of arthropods?
a. tentacles
b. an internal skeleton
c. radula
d. teeth
e. molting

4. Which of the following is a characteristic of all crustaceans, but NOT all arthropods?
a. exoskeleton
b. jointed appendages
c. segmentation
d. gills
e. muscles

5. Which of the following is NOT a crustacean?
a. a horse fly
b. a snow crab
c. an spiny lobster
d. a hermit crab
e. a barnacle

6. Which of the following is an advantage of having a jointed skeleton?
a. flexibility
b. support
c. a location for muscle attachment
d. a and c are correct
e. a, b, and c are correct

7. How do arthropods grow?
a. continuously, by adding chiton to their exoskeletons
b. by adding new segments
c. episodically, by shedding their exoskeletons and growing new ones
d. by leaving their shell and finding a new, bigger one
e. by drinking lots of milk

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:07 pm

They aren't the right questions.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:08 pm

At least Jeff put a bit of thought and effort into his. You've just copied and pasted that.

Lazy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:09 pm

been thinking about it all day. answer them. or are you a charlatan anthropologist?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:10 pm

seanmichaels wrote:been thinking about it all day. answer them. or are you a charlatan anthropologist?

Of course you have.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:14 pm

7 is definitely e. Ian Rush says so.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:18 pm

seanmichaels wrote:7 is definitely e. Ian Rush says so.

That's a perfect time to remind everybody that Ian Rush came to my school in the 1980's and gave us a talk in morning assembly.

Boring bastard. Great tache though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Have you seen Klopp is on the front of Four Four Two magazine this month? Good looking chap.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:29 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Have you seen Klopp is on the front of Four Four Two magazine this month? Good looking chap.

No, I haven't had my copy delivered yet. I keep hoping every morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:30 pm

I had a letter published in last weeks Boxing News. They edited it, undermined the thrust of my argument, which was frustrating.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Rowley wrote:I had a letter published in last weeks Boxing News. They edited it, undermined the thrust of my argument, which was frustrating.

What was the thrust of your argument?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:38 pm

They published a list of the ten greatest light heavies ever, without Ezzard Charles in it, they edited the part out where I pointed out he had winning records against their number one (Moore) and their number four (Bivins)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:40 pm

Rowley wrote:FDR was the start of the war Dave, that was my cunning trap.

Not a Sergent Tina
Bloody hell I should know this seeing as how Truman gave the OK to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki

FDR was at Yalta with Stalin and Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Rowley wrote:They published a list of the ten greatest light heavies ever, without Ezzard Charles in it, they edited the part out where I pointed out he had winning records against their number one (Moore) and their number four (Bivins)
You sure it was Boxing News and not Heat magazine, that's schoolboy error stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Rowley wrote:They published a list of the ten greatest light heavies ever, without Ezzard Charles in it, they edited the part out where I pointed out he had winning records against their number one (Moore) and their number four (Bivins)

Jesus. What is the matter with these people.

Would you like to start a support group? An action group?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:49 pm

I'm over it Tina, magazine was out last Thursday. I have had a week to come to terms with it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Appalling. Boxing News don't know Ezzard Charles from Eddie Izzard.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:37 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Appalling. Boxing News don't know Ezzard Charles from Eddie Izzard.
Or Ezzard Charles from Ray Charles
Or Ezzard Charles from Craig Charles
Or Ezzard Charles from Prince Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Rowley wrote:Got about 15 films for less than 40 quid so thought if I only like half of them it represents decent value. Unfortunately N by NW is not one of them, which is a pity as I have seen that and enjoyed it

Have you watched any yet, Jeff, or have you done what I do and use box sets to hold the rest of the film collection upright?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next