The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

+30
Happytravelling
spencerclarke
compelling and rich
kingraf
Nico the gman
DuransHorse
Atila
Valero's Conscience
Strongback
Silver
horizontalhero
Dipper Brown
superflyweight
Coxy001
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Scottrf
aja424
Guest82
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
hampo17
RanjitPatel
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
AdamT
hogey
Rodney
34 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Do you want Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? Vote_lcap48%Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 23 ]
Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? Vote_lcap52%Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 48

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? Empty Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:30 am

Interesting to know why if clicking yes, been watching clips of the build up and it reminded me of what an odious character he is.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? Empty Re: Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by hogey Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:37 am

No, he is a classless horrible women hitting thug I hope Manny smashes him from pillar to post.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? Empty Re: Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:42 am

I hope he beats the s..t out of Manny. Don't think I can bear listening to Roach ramble on any more.

He is deluded.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:43 am

AdamT wrote:I hope he beats the s..t out of Manny. Don't think I can bear listening to Roach ramble on any more.

He is deluded.

Yet you enjoy listening to the repulsive Mayweathers ?? Strange one.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:48 am

I want floyd to win

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:51 am

AdamT wrote:I hope he beats the s..t out of Manny. Don't think I can bear listening to Roach ramble on any more.

He is deluded.

Each to their own, but i find it strange that anyone would consider Roach's rambling good enough reason to support a wife beating violent bully against a humble decent bloke like Manny. Even if i loved his slightly bland but hugely effective style the fact he hits women is a red line for getting my support i guess my moral compass is a little old fashioned these days. Same reason that although Ray Robinson was the best fighter ever to put on a pair of gloves i have no respect for him as a man.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:56 am

hogey wrote:

He is deluded.

Each to their own, but i find it strange that anyone would consider Roach's rambling good enough reason to support a wife beating violent bully against a humble decent bloke like Manny. Even if i loved his slightly bland but hugely effective style the fact he hits women is a red line for getting my support i guess my moral compass is a little old fashioned these days. Same reason that although Ray Robinson was the best fighter ever to put on a pair of gloves i have no respect for him as a man.

Like him as a fighter.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:05 am

Mayweather, just to see the meltdown afterwards from some of the more 'obsessed' fans.

Although to be totally honest, if i'm up for it I just want it to be a good fight with no blatant controversey.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:07 am

I do actually really like Pacquiao. I will not be too upset if he wins. will just try and ignore Roach and Arum.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:10 am

1. Because I was brought up viewing the various Marcos, Aquino regimes and know what a morally bankrupt Country the Phillipines is...

2. I'll change my mind when I wake up one morning and picture Sot Chitalada rocking Aaron Pryor with every punch he throws..

3. Love watching a master in action.....

4. What you see is what you get.........Like it or not.

5. Can't stand Freddie Roach...

6. It's great having the best fighter in the sport..

7. I know how much rose tinters like the OP hate him .....Although in fairness to Roddy he doesn't edit newspaper articles and post them....

Lucky seven.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:14 am

3 and 5 are definitley what I agree with.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:14 am

AdamT wrote:I do actually really like Pacquiao. I will not be too upset if he wins. will just try and ignore Roach and Arum.

I got to say i know a bit what you mean about Roach but his rambling which is clearly part to do with his Parkinsons, but what do you think when you hear Roger and Floyd Snr mumbling absolute trashy nonsense from their self inflicted drug addled brains.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:15 am

hogey wrote:
AdamT wrote:I do actually really like Pacquiao. I will not be too upset if he wins. will just try and ignore Roach and Arum.

I got to say i know a bit what you mean about Roach but his rambling which is clearly part to do with his Parkinsons, but what do you think when you hear Roger and Floyd Snr mumbling absolute trashy nonsense from their self inflicted drug addled brains.

Roger Maywather makes me laugh. Snr can be a bit annoying though.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:18 am

Very underrated fighter Uncle Rog (The Mexican basher)......If he'd had a chin he could have been better than the two time champ he was....

People talk about Cortez...........Look at the referee in his second fight with Chavez.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:19 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:1. Because I was brought up viewing the various Marcos, Aquino regimes and know what a morally bankrupt Country the Phillipines is...

2. I'll change my mind when I wake up one morning and picture Sot Chitalada rocking Aaron Pryor with every punch he throws..

3. Love watching a master in action.....

4. What you see is what you get.........Like it or not.  

5. Can't stand Freddie Roach...

6. It's great having the best fighter in the sport..

7. I know how much  rose tinters like the OP hate him .....Although in fairness to Roddy he doesn't edit newspaper articles and post them....

Lucky seven.........

4. You like someone beating women up and throwing money in a pool when many millions are living on the bread line. Fair do's

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:20 am

Yeah....I beat my Wife up all the time.....Try it it's fun..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:23 am

Not funny Truss,

We all know what we get with Mayweather but honestly most boxers have issues somewhere. Dis the man but admire the skill otherwise you won't enjoy most bouts

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:29 am

Admire his talent, which I genuinely believe is once in a generation stuff, but rooting for such an odious man is something I certainly won't be doing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:33 am

I liked Mayweather from the beginning. It's like football. I pick a team and I support them no matter what.

Guess this is why I support Floyd. I knew from the minute I first seen him box, he was destined to be a great.

The haters will look back in 20 or 30 years time and acknowledge how great Floyd really was.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:35 am

To be honest only Hammer and me wanted Martin Murray to beat Russian boy GGG....

So we can't expect too much..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:To be honest only Hammer and me wanted Martin Murray to beat Russian boy GGG....

Murray and GGG was a 50-50 superfight

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

AdamT wrote:I liked Mayweather from the beginning. It's like football. I pick a team and I support them no matter what.

Guess this is why I support Floyd. I knew from the minute I first seen him box, he was destined to be a great.

The haters will look back in 20 or 30 years time and acknowledge how great Floyd really was.

I know his a great fighter and one of the best in my lifetime you're fool to think otherwise. I don't want him to win because he is a repulsive individual, dull outside the ring and I although he is brilliant at what he does I don't find him entertaining in the ring.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:To be honest only Hammer and me wanted Martin Murray to beat Russian boy GGG....

Whats your point ?

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:41 am

I'll be wanting Mayweather to win. Prefer him to Pacquaio overall.
Never been able to warm to Pacquaio.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:41 am

Rodney wrote:
AdamT wrote:I liked Mayweather from the beginning. It's like football. I pick a team and I support them no matter what.

I know his a great fighter and one of the best in my lifetime  you're fool to think otherwise.

Well you must be a fool then because you're always saying he's never fought anybody and has never been tested...

I suppose "22 year old" Flyweights moving up and breaking 140 pounders in half counts as honorable in your head..

I'll take the scumbag..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:44 am

Manny is no saint. He is probably a nicer guy but he has his flaws. Has he not fathered kids outside of marriage and had tax fraud?

Also I have my opinion on why he was so good and much stronger a few years back. I will not state it because of the respect I have for this board.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:48 am

AdamT wrote:Manny is no saint. He is probably a nicer guy but he has his flaws. Has he not fathered kids outside of marriage and had tax fraud?

Also I have my opinion on why he was so good and much stronger a few years back. I will not state it because of the respect I have for this board.

He's from the Philippines................Poor Country where people will do anything to get out of the ghetto...

Bad enough an American like Carbajal banging out Meldrick Taylor types...........But Manny !!!!!..

Give me a break..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:50 am

Speculation you have no proof and the same speculation goes for Mayweather.

Floyd is a cretin of a person only idiots would try and stick up for him.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:51 am

Just out of curiosity Rodney and Hogey, did you suddenly want to see Mike Tyson lose after he got sent to jail? Or did you want to see Ryan Giggs fall over every time he got the ball after the news that he was nailing his brothers misses? Both are tarts away from their respective fields.

As for the people on the breadline part, firstly why should he care? He makes his money, if I was in the same situation I can't say I'd be giving them a second thought either because I'd know my career was a short one. Secondly, he has given a lot of money to help build homes in the run down areas, so he hasn't completely ignored them as you say. I think you've been taken in by the persona you see on 24/7, have to remember that some Americans think Ricky Hatton is a mouthy turd because of those shows.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:54 am

hampo171 wrote:Just out of curiosity Rodney and Hogey, did you suddenly want to see Mike Tyson lose after he got sent to jail? Or did you want to see Ryan Giggs fall over every time he got the ball after the news that he was nailing his brothers misses? Both are tarts away from their respective fields.

As for the people on the breadline part, firstly why should he care? He makes his money, if I was in the same situation I can't say I'd be giving them a second thought either because I'd know my career was a short one. Secondly, he has given a lot of money to help build homes in the run down areas, so he hasn't completely ignored them as you say. I think you've been taken in by the persona you see on 24/7, have to remember that some Americans think Ricky Hatton is a mouthy turd because of those shows.

Yes to both.

Don't give me this nonsense its all for the camera, the man is a convicted criminal, a despicable human being who has no class whatsover.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:55 am

Rodney wrote:Speculation you have no proof and the same speculation goes for Mayweather.

Cheers, Rodders

I don't like Floyd the man...I like the fighter........At least what you see is what you get though......

I can discriminate between the two....

You don't like the thought of a modern fighter breaking the Top 10..........

You mark him down because you say he's never beaten anybody...............Then you have Louis over Ali in your heavy list....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:56 am

So Manny is the same no? Cheated on his misses, fighting tax fraud. He's no different.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:57 am

Have to say Rodders, if you don't like sportsmen for what they do away from the sport you must hate a lot of them. Most come across as arrogant, self centred arse holes on camera, although I know they can be different away from it - James Degale jumps to mind.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:57 am

hampo171 wrote:So Manny is the same no? Cheated on his misses, fighting tax fraud. He's no different.

Manny isn't pushing the Top 10..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Rodney wrote:Speculation you have no proof and the same speculation goes for Mayweather.

Cheers, Rodders

I don't like Floyd the man...I like the fighter........At least what you see is what you get though......

I can discriminate between the two....

You don't like the thought of a modern fighter breaking the Top 10..........

You mark him down because you say he's never beaten anybody...............Then you have Louis over Ali in your heavy list....

Agree with this, why the f..k do I have to like the man, to like the fighter. I could care less what Floyd does. As long as he stays away from kids and isn't a serial killer he gets my support.

This is boxing, it isn't voting on big brother. To hell with personality.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:05 am

I'm not sure I'm rooting for either, to be honest, as it feels like supporting one or the other is supporting the fact the fight is happening now not 5 years ago which it should have.

If Manny wins, thought will be "well no wonder Floyd 'retired' 5 years ago to avoid Manny, he'd have lost even more clearly then".

If Floyd wins, thought will be "predictable, shoud've happened 5 years ago when it would've been more competitive, no wonder Manny didn't concede more than to get it on".

Still a massive fight, Top10 p4pers don't find often and Top5 even less, but it still leaves me with a slightly 'meh' feeling.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:05 am

Speaking of financial irregularities (by the way, I was under the impression that Pacquiao's problem was simply owing tax, rather than being implicated in any kind of tax fraud?), anyone seen that David Haye has been arrested / detained in Dubai for what the authorities are calling possible cheque fraud?

He's released a video on his Instagram today telling his supporters (so basically Dave) not to worry about him too much, saying that it's down to an "administrative error" and that his situation isn't as bad as is being reported and that it'll be sorted soon. He's also tweeted something like, 'Uh oh, credit card declined - maybe it's time for a comeback!?'

Expect to see him back in the ring soon! (If you can call 2019 soon).
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:09 am

hampo171 wrote:Just out of curiosity Rodney and Hogey, did you suddenly want to see Mike Tyson lose after he got sent to jail? Or did you want to see Ryan Giggs fall over every time he got the ball after the news that he was nailing his brothers misses? Both are tarts away from their respective fields.

Absolutely wanted to see Tyson battered after the r*** conviction, like Floyd he is another scumbag wrong un. I can no more cheer or like these fighters than i would want to listen to Gary Glitter records if i was also a fan of that particular animal. Floyd is a multiple violent offender and at least 2 time wife beater and he also slapped round his kids if thats the kind of man people want to stand behind then crack on, for me he is beneath contempt as a human being and should have been locked up for much longer.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:09 am

I'll be backing Mayweather, no need to reply Rodney as I don't care much for your rose tinted opinion on such things.

Cheers Hammer

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:15 am

I want Mayweather to win. Admire his talent and would like him to get to 50-0. Just so I have been around to see it.

Regarding his personality, it seems unlikely that he is a 'nicer' bloke than Manny. But I guess the lines are a bit blurred - he's obviously done some nice things (paying for Genaro Hernandez's funeral) and some not so nice things (beating women).

Yeah read about David Haye - Haye v Fury after Fury loses to Klitchsko? Seems possible!

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:16 am

Always been a fan of Floyd and now is no different.
Even though he over does the "hard work" and "dedication" on the prefight documentaries, you have to respect that he has had these assets in abundance since an early age and deserves to be where he is.
If the criteria of choosing your favourite fighter was based on how nice a person is then most people's favourite fighter would be outside the p4p top 100.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:17 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I'll be backing Mayweather, no need to reply Rodney as I don't care much for your rose tinted opinion on such things.

Cheers Hammer

Not asking you too, you miserable dour sod.

You're not even watching it and don't watch most fights so your opinion means diddly squat to me.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:18 am

8 - 8 .............

Not going the way you expected Mate......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:20 am

I wish they didn't bother with the random blood and urine testing. would enjoy to see Manny fight at his best.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:22 am

I watch most big fights every Friday and Saturday. I tend to take exception to anyone trying to who you can and can't back in a fight or who should or shouldn't watch.

Cheers Hammer

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:22 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:8 - 8 .............

Not going the way you expected Mate......

Surprising I will say. Cant understand it at all. But there you go.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:23 am

Both have equally large fanbases. A draw is to be expected, unless the neutrals swing it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:25 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Both have equally large fanbases.  A draw is to be expected, unless the neutrals swing it.

If it is anyway close I agree. If not a draw, at leats majority/split decison, to ensure a rematch.

Hopefully both fighters go for it and try to take the other guy out.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:31 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I watch most big fights every Friday and Saturday. I tend to take exception to anyone trying to who you can and can't back in a fight or who should or shouldn't watch.

Cheers Hammer

You said you won't be watching/buying this one as its an American v Filipino (some boxing fan)

I'm not telling you who to back, I was merely interested to know why people wanted Floyd to win as I personally don't know anyone as he is a odious character but he seems more popular on here.

Thanks for being antagonistic twerp as usual though.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:33 am

AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Both have equally large fanbases.  A draw is to be expected, unless the neutrals swing it.

If it is anyway close I agree. If not a draw, at leats majority/split decison, to ensure a rematch.

Hopefully both fighters go for it and try to take the other guy out.

I meant in this poll......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next