The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

+30
Happytravelling
spencerclarke
compelling and rich
kingraf
Nico the gman
DuransHorse
Atila
Valero's Conscience
Strongback
Silver
horizontalhero
Dipper Brown
superflyweight
Coxy001
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Scottrf
aja424
Guest82
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
hampo17
RanjitPatel
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
AdamT
hogey
Rodney
34 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Do you want Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap48%Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 23 ]
Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap52%Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 48

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 3 Empty Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by Rodney Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Interesting to know why if clicking yes, been watching clips of the build up and it reminded me of what an odious character he is.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:21 pm

He said Ariza is dodgey, that is good enough for me.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone actually rooting for Floyd to win on Saturday ?

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:22 pm

The same Ariza he had a falling out with? Roach is not actually going to be impartial is he....

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:25 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:The same Ariza he had a falling out with? Roach is not actually going to be impartial is he....

Don't know what you are trying to argue mate. I said Roach, who happens to be Mannys trainer, was suspicous Ariza was giving Pacquiao something illegal in his drinks. I'm not saying it is fact he was taking something illegal.

What is fact though, is Mannys performances have dipped recently but as mentioned that can be because of wear and tear. He has had a lot of fights. Maybe he has aged.

Anyway back on topic, both guys seem to be split on here who people want to win.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:29 pm

14-12 in favour of Floyd. How many votes has Lescargo placed?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:30 pm

superflyweight wrote:14-12 in favour of Floyd.  How many votes has Lescargo placed?

Who?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:35 pm

Pacquaio win for is what I'd like. Likely to be a more entertaining fight if he wins, he won't win a stinker so it should be a good scrap.

Also don't like the idea of a 38 year old bowing out at the top undefeated. Like to see Pac take his 0.

Not a fan of the Mayweather fans either. Seem to revel in the 'TMT' identity. Generally the kind of people who pay to get into VIP in clubs to be seen. If it walks around with a 'top knot' hairdo, drinks grey goose and instagrams pictures of its 'cheeky nandos', it probably wants Floyd to win. *shudder*

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:37 pm

AdamT wrote:
superflyweight wrote:14-12 in favour of Floyd.  How many votes has Lescargo placed?

Who?

Good question.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:38 pm

Should be 13-13, think I voted for Floyd by mistake.

Lescargo is one many Truss alts...

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:39 pm

split down the middle then.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:09 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Should be 13-13, think I voted for Floyd by mistake.

Lescargo is one many Truss alts...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:12 pm

You aren't going now after your usual one line hit........

Come back soon... thumbsup ......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:So we saying Manny is a PED cheat now??

Nope.............

I'm applauding a fully grown Flyweight banging out 140 pounders..

yes- but the 140 pounder in question was over-trained, drained , guant and walked right onto manny's shots.I am puzzled why whenever Manny's power is discussed, the Hatton fight is used a point of reference to suggest some sort of enhanced power, without Hatton's condition being considered.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:23 pm

Oh come on................Should he be stopping Cotto ??

You tell me that your Charlie Magri would hurt Aaron Pryor ??

and I'll say your crazy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:26 pm

Why should he not stop him after 12 rounds of power shots? That doesn't say unbelievable power to me. He landed 276 power punches without putting him down.

His power is good, but people need to stop acting like he's bouncing people around at the higher weights.

Last edited by Scottrf on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:26 pm

Very torn. I love watching technicians at work, and Mayweather is one of the best ever. But he's an absolute Tinkywinky, and I do quite like Pacquiao.

So I'm not that fussed who wins - should make the fight more enjoyable to watch! I do hope that it ends in emphatic fashion either way, though.

Edit: love the filter Laugh

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm

Scottrf wrote:Why should he not stop him after 12 rounds of power shots? That doesn't say unbelievable power to me. He landed 276 power punches without putting him down.

His power is good, but people need to stop acting like he's bouncing people around at the higher weights.

How many " fully grown " Flyweights have thrown power shots at 140...

Answer = 0...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Oh come on................Should he be stopping Cotto ??

You tell me that your Charlie Magri would hurt Aaron Pryor ??

and I'll say your crazy..

Different genetics Truss

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:32 pm

Do you know what a power shot is?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:38 pm

He stopped Cotto by volume of punches landed, not superman power- in fact up until the last round I don't recall Cotto even being staggered- he just got beat up. Not Magri would not hurt Pryor, as Magri was a well nurished, fully man man at fly weight who could never have operated at LWW, which clearly isn't the case with Manny.
I put it again that the Hatton fight aside, Manny never displayed the punching power that those suggesting he may have use of PEDS have put forward as evidence to support their case- who did he KO or drop heavily, with single shots , or indeed a combination- all his stoppages were a result of accumulation of a gresat many blows, and that doesn't require 'enhance power'

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Why should he not stop him after 12 rounds of power shots? That doesn't say unbelievable power to me. He landed 276 power punches without putting him down.

How many " fully grown " Flyweights have thrown power shots at 140...

Answer = 0...

How many boxers actually start boxing at 16, am sure Calzaghe used to campaign at welterweight then and the likes of Jurgen Braehmer aswell etc Should Calzaghe be flooring Eubank? Should Braehmer be knocking out Light Heavyweights?

Your arguement is flawed as per...........

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:43 pm

Maybe your stupid but I keep saying he was at flyweight at 22..........

Duran started as a bantam and he was at lightweight at 20............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe your stupid but I keep saying he was at flyweight at 22..........
You can say it, doesn't make it true.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe your stupid but I keep saying he was at flyweight at 22..........

Am sure dieting and cutting weight was apart of boxing last time I checked picard

Also he was last at Flyweight @ 20

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:48 pm

horizontalhero wrote:He stopped Cotto by volume of punches landed, not superman power- in fact up until the last round I don't recall Cotto even being staggered- he just got beat up. Not Magri would not hurt Pryor, as Magri was a well nurished, fully man man at fly weight who could never have operated at LWW, which clearly isn't the case with Manny.
I put it again that the Hatton fight aside, Manny never displayed the punching power that those suggesting he may have use of PEDS have put forward as evidence to support their case- who did he KO or  drop heavily, with single shots , or indeed a combination- all his stoppages were a result of accumulation of a gresat many blows, and that doesn't require 'enhance power'
You're forgetting that prior to the KO, Hatton was floored twice by a series of punches, none of which were single shots. Bewildered and desperate, he wound his big punch up as per and walked into a peach of a shot that KO'd him...similar to what Froch threw to fell Groves. When had Froch ever KO'd anyone like that in his career? He's a fighter who wears his opponents down but every so often, the stars align and you get that devastating KO

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:49 pm

Am sure dieting and cutting weight was apart of boxing last time I checked picard

let's not bother okay.. thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:49 pm

Still don't get your point- Vinny Paz was a lightweight at 20, and a super middle in his 30s- peoples weight changes at different rates

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 1:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

let's not bother okay.. thumbsup

PS he was last @ Flyweight at 20 not 22 thumbsup

Lets not bother ay

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 2:00 pm

Vinny Paz was an interesting phenomenon.............Great physique most bodybuilders would have been proud of it.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 29 Apr 2015, 2:12 pm

Anybody see any similarities between Floyd fans and the footie fans who supported Man Utd when they were winning everything.

By that I mean the Utd fans who wore a pull over to the pub and then took it off when Utd went 1 up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 2:16 pm

horizontalhero wrote:He stopped Cotto by volume of punches landed, not superman power- in fact up until the last round I don't recall Cotto even being staggered- he just got beat up. Not Magri would not hurt Pryor, as Magri was a well nurished, fully man man at fly weight who could never have operated at LWW, which clearly isn't the case with Manny.

Cotto was down in round 3, and down in 4. He was really shaken in the fourth actually.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 2:18 pm

Yep I only support Floyd because he keeps winning... thumbsup

Thought you'd been kicked off for abusing everybody..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 29 Apr 2015, 2:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Yep I only support Floyd because he keeps winning... thumbsup

Thought you'd been kicked off for abusing everybody..

You put me in the halfpenny place when it comes to abusing people.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 29 Apr 2015, 2:34 pm

Undoubtedly Floyd is arrogant and very repetitive with his TMT, Hard, Work, Dedication antics and all-round a bit of a douche BUT he does not sugar coat anything and I think he's no where near as bad as he acts out. Floyd knows that to maximise a fight hype you need a good and bad guy and he's always happy to play the bad guy.

Floyd has done plenty of good things but never pushes his PR with the media i.e. paying for a former opponents funeral and not announcing it as it was the deceased's family that announced it and doesn't milk it in his promotional videos unlike Manny where I feel it's forced down our throats at every opportunity.

His biggest shame is of course his prison stint which whilst shameful I understand is not as bad as it sounds. Didn't he only pull her hair and threaten i.e. still a cowardly act but not the image you think of a 'wife beater.' He seems to be get more criticism for that than Tyson for r***! Of course please correct me on this if wrong.

With Manny I have always found him a little fake.

I don't think he gives all his money away as people say and it's more down to him being terribly exploited by his team and hangers on. I remember when his country had a tsunami/floods or something a few years ago and Manny had been reported as doing his useful aid help. When they confirmed the figure it translated to circa US $11,000. Ok, better than nothing but about the equivalent of me buying a Red Nose for Comic Relief! This made even worse when it was the same week/month when he bought his wife a luxury yacht!

I wouldn't mind Floyd getting put on his arse though!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 2:41 pm

VC, as a fairly strong advocate of atheism I do find anyone who overplays the religion infuriating beyond belief and a quick glance at Pacquiao's twitter is a prime example of that. Mayweather does the whole 'I want to thank god' thing after each fight but it's not an overblown constant rhetoric, although I always found Hamed more humorous with his antics so possibly some double standards there.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 29 Apr 2015, 3:27 pm

Rodney wrote:Speculation you have no proof and the same speculation goes for Mayweather.

Floyd is a cretin of a person only idiots would try and stick up for him.

Cheers, Rodders
Who elected you to be judge?

I voted for Floyd because I don't care for Manny that much. It wouldn't hurt me if he won on Saturday but I've just never been a big believer of his Mr. Nice guy image.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 29 Apr 2015, 3:35 pm

Glad I could balance things up at 16 each.

I've gone for Pac as I just prefer fighters of his mould.

I don't get the whole drug accusations now.  Borderline madness if you are a Floyd fan using that to bash Manny.  Floyd had a shady past anyway but to claim you want to clean up the sport and then employ a person you basically accused of being so bad for it... it is quite frankly unbelievable.  It's not mind games, employing Ariza is as shady as Homer Simpson's stubble.  If you have morals, want to stand up righteously for what you initially said, or just have an ounce of shame you just wouldn't.   Now added to that Floyd is looking bigger than ever and there is speculation he is going for the knock out... If we are on Floyds side we put that down to chopping wood?

Sorry, it's time to shut up from both sides.  Unless one gets caught and properly fined and banned, it's best to assume both are clean and always have been.

I expect Floyd to win but I would like Manny to.  I don't hate Floyd, I admire his talents but he just drones on and on and I find him quite "preachy".  Never been a fan of all that "look at me as a role model.  If you work hard you can achieve your dreams" guff.  You either are a role model or you're not, you shouldn't need to tell everyone.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 29 Apr 2015, 3:48 pm

Mayweather is a phenomal fighter, but has no respect for fighters past or present, as a person has the personality of a louse.

I hope Manny produces the mother of all performances and takes this horrible gits 0,can't stand Mayweather, cretin of the highest order.

Pacquiao is a gentleman, a total credit to sport, not just boxing.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 3:51 pm

I never understand stances like that "he doesn't respect fighters of other eras" why doesn't he? Because he said he was better than them? That's just confidence, been pointed out in the past that he wouldn't be as good as he is if he didn't believe he is the best.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm

Ali was far more disrespectful of his opponents and boxers of the past than Mayweather is but that seems acceptable for some reason, we all follow a sport that tends to have less than holy participants.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed 29 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm

I hope that the fight isn't as close as this poll. Blimey.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 29 Apr 2015, 3:54 pm

I don't really get why someone has to be a great boxing historian or in awe of fighters of other era's.

Remember Jamie Mcdonnell getting grief when he won his title the first time because 'He's said himself he didn't follow the sport closely, or in the past????'

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm

See everyone had entertained Truss' trusty moral compass, so I'll bypass that.

Adam, funny you don't mention the fact that Roger Mayweather has said the same about Ariza WHILE his nephew works with Ariza.

Personally I don't care too much. If Floyd loses, great. He's a type A cretin who's people (or the man himself, I don't know) gave a certain equally cretinous barman a massive tip (I'm talking a year's wages) when he was over here. For that alone, I hope he gets his discombobulated. If he wins though, c'est la vie. At least the soap opera is finished and we can focus on the real men of boxing, like Golovkin
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm

hampo171 wrote:I never understand stances like that "he doesn't respect fighters of other eras" why doesn't he? Because he said he was better than them? That's just confidence, been pointed out in the past that he wouldn't be as good as he is if he didn't believe he is the best.
When Mayweather berates a fighter as good as Sugar Ray Leonard at  a dinner presentation it shows what a classless punk he is, Leonard just smiled at him apparently.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:48 pm

Not like Leonard showed utter contempt towards Hagler or Duran is it so again it's a bit rich, in fact didn't he lead Hagler down a merry path for years.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:53 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Not like Leonard showed utter contempt towards Hagler or Duran is it so again it's a bit rich, in fact didn't he lead Hagler down a merry path for years.
Was that at a dinner presentation when Hagler and Duran  had retired, or are you talking when all 3 fighters were actively boxing.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:57 pm

I don't see why that would make any difference but there is the rather famous scene of Leonard at a presentation with Hagler present talking up the possibility of a fight before saying 'unfortunately it will never happen'. We like to remember our heroes in a positive light but Leonard was a right prat and still is.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 29 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I don't see why that would make any difference but there is the rather famous scene of Leonard at a presentation with Hagler present talking up the possibility of a fight before saying 'unfortunately it will never happen'. We like to remember our heroes in a positive light but Leonard was a right prat and still is.
Telling a fighter that a fight wont take place is a hell of a lot different to trying to badmouth and belittle one of the greatest Welterweights ever been, there isn't a comparison, you think Leonard's a prat, I think Mayweather's a classless punk.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 5:38 pm

The way in which he did was pretty classless towards one of the greatest Middleweights of all time, people are too hung up on protecting their heroes just because a modern guy calls himself the best.

I always find it odd that those who accuse Mayweather of bad mouthing a prat like Leonard will themselves bad mouth him, so it is a very hypocritical viewpoint to hold, personally don't like either but appreciate their respective talents which is all that really matters.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 29 Apr 2015, 5:53 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The way in which he did was pretty classless towards one of the greatest Middleweights of all time, people are too hung up on protecting their heroes just because a modern guy calls himself the best.

I always find it odd that those who accuse Mayweather of bad mouthing a prat like Leonard will themselves bad mouth him, so it is a very hypocritical viewpoint to hold, personally don't like either but appreciate their respective talents which is all that really matters.
I don't have heroes,just sportsmen who I do or don't admire, and Hagler and Leonard are 2 sportsmen I admire, and in my opinion Hagler should have been given the decision against Leonard that's for another post.Mayweather the boxer excellent, Mayweather the person don't like him simple as that.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 7:14 pm

Mayweather is like Cristiano Ronaldo...widely admired for his undeniable ability yet possibly one of the most disliked people in his profession

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next