The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !!

+18
hogey
rapidringsroad
Mr Bounce
catchweight
Coxy001
Strongback
mobilemaster8
horizontalhero
Hammersmith harrier
DuransHorse
JabMachineMK2
Rodney
AdamT
Soldier_Of_Fortune
neilodonnell
Scottrf
lfc91
TRUSSMAN66
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !! - Page 2 Empty Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Apparently he failed to turn up in a Scottish court for doing 90mph and spent the weekend in jail......

Other news it looks like Wlad v Fury is definitely happening in September/October !!................Warren is trying to get it at Arsenal FC on Sept 5.......I think the Klits managemnet want it in Munich....

Although Wlad has said he'd love to fight in a stadium over here.........

Looking forward to this fight................Give Tyson a great chance of winning......50/50 for me..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 12:57 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wlad has great skills....

Good job he wasn't around in Ali's time.......Cassius Clay would be just retired from working in a factory in Louisville..

Do you honestly think Fury's are better Mr Trussman?

I think what Fury is doing now is spot on given his attributes.  However, his jab is very flicky, his big shots are still very much arm punches and he looks ungainly.  He recovers after a shot, but they are shots he shouldn't get troubled by.  I think he had a good chance against anyone other that Wlad but Wlad has his game too together to be troubled by Fury or anyone else around at the moment that is in contention.  Only a banger has a chance but even then I'm not convinced they would catch him as he's be cautious in the ring with a real hitter.

When have I said Fury's were better.......???

I'm talking about styles making fights....

Great skills ???...Sanders was one dimensional and just threw straight punches and demolished the lump..............Brewster made him look like a p**ck too......

He's beaten sack all since !!.

Great skills my a**e...........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !!

Post by DuransHorse Wed 24 Jun 2015, 12:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:

Good job he wasn't around in Ali's time.......Cassius Clay would be just retired from working in a factory in Louisville..

I think what Fury is doing now is spot on given his attributes.  However, his jab is very flicky, his big shots are still very much arm punches and he looks ungainly.  He recovers after a shot, but they are shots he shouldn't get troubled by.  I think he had a good chance against anyone other that Wlad but Wlad has his game too together to be troubled by Fury or anyone else around at the moment that is in contention.  Only a banger has a chance but even then I'm not convinced they would catch him as he's be cautious in the ring with a real hitter.

Great skills ???...Sanders was one dimensional and just threw straight punches and demolished the lump..............Brewster made him look like a p**ck too......

So why is it 50/50 based on their styles?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 24 Jun 2015, 2:50 pm

Compared to Fury and pretty much all his competition or lack of it over his reign his skills are great. He has an excellent and surprisingly quick thudding jab, can throw decent fast combinations and has superb footwork for such a big lump. If he was around at the time of Ali he would be nowhere near the belt, but that applies to the vast majority of champions over the years so nothing to do with this topic. Fury has limited skill and power, added to his weak chin and an easiness to hit i cant see how anyone with a straight face can make a case for him in this fight.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 24 Jun 2015, 2:53 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:

Maybe Truss thinks Fury will start singing and Wlad's corner will throw in the towel Laugh

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 2:59 pm

hogey wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:

Maybe Truss thinks Fury will start singing and Wlad's corner will throw in the towel Laugh

Not sure Truss thinks much to be honest, don't give him credit for doing so

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:02 pm

hogey wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:

I will ensure that should these guys meet later this year as expected, I will recall this thread to the top of the page on the day of the fight and remind Truss that this is a 50/50 fight. I am that confident that Wlad will win I would actually stake a lot of money on it if the odds were good enough. Alas, the bookies won't agree with Truss and offer me such a return.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:23 pm

"Tyson has a great chance of winning"......."50/50 fight !!"

Can't seem to find where I've picked Fury to win ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"Tyson has a great chance of winning"......."50/50 fight !!"

Can't seem to find where I've picked Fury to win ??

You said the chances of Fury winning are the same as flipping a coin. That's good enough for me.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:43 pm

I'm happy to stand by what I've said....

He's a mauling lump that one dimensional Sanders and Brewster beat the crap out of !! Fury is bigger with a longer reach and If he wants to maul him.... and stink like usual..

For once in his life he'll have to enter into the other guy's range which is bigger than his own...Stinking, boring, average... lucky stiff ...........Who's reigned over garbage for too long !!..

At least if Fury wins he won't need to worry about Wlad getting his brother to sort him out !!.

There we go I think you know where I stand on Wlad...........Unfortunately I have him top 20 though because of his longevity..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm happy to stand by what I've said....

He's a mauling lump that one dimensional Sanders and Brewster beat the crap out of !!  Fury is bigger with a longer reach and If he wants to maul him.... and stink like usual..

For once in his life he'll have to enter into the other guy's range which is bigger than his own...Stinking, boring, average... lucky stiff ...........Who's reigned over garbage for too long !!..

At least if Fury wins he won't need to worry about Wlad getting his brother to sort him out !!.

There we go I think you know where I stand on Wlad...........Unfortunately I have him top 20 though because of his longevity..

I'm with you, Truss. I would love for someone, anyone, to beat Wlad. I agree with you on many aspects... but Fury isn't good enough and I'll happily stand by this statement before the bell rings.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm

Fury's advantages over Wlad:

Height
Reach
Weight
Recovery
Bravery

Wlad's advantages over Fury:

Speed
Defence
Footwork
Power
Accuracy
Experience
Stamina/conditioning

Shared disadvantages:

Chin

So basically Wlad has all the advantages in the key areas. Fury's chance (and he does have one) is based around bravery for as long as he lasts and Wlad not being able to bully/wrestle him like he did Pov, for example.

They share a disadvantage of suspect chin, the key differences however are:

Fury has been dropped by feather-fisters Cunningham & Pajkic whereas Wlad was wiped out by a serious banger like Sanders;and
Wlad has learnt how to protect his chin, Fury hasn't.

In short, I fail to see how any of the above add up to even close to 50:50 unless you're insane or a WUM.

Fury's got a chance, it won't last just a round or something silly, but Wlad is pretty nailed on to take the KO at some point.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:09 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Fury's advantages over Wlad:

Height
Reach
Weight
Recovery
Bravery

Speed
Defence
Footwork
Power
Accuracy
Experience
Stamina/conditioning

Shared disadvantages:

Chin

So basically Wlad has all the advantages in the key areas.  Fury's chance (and he does have one) is based around bravery for as long as he lasts and Wlad not being able to bully/wrestle him like he did Pov, for example.

Fury has been dropped by feather-fisters Cunningham & Pajkic whereas Wlad was wiped out by a serious banger like Sanders;and

In short, I fail to see how any of the above add up to even close to 50:50 unless you're insane or a WUM.

Fury's got a chance, it won't last just a round or something silly, but Wlad is pretty nailed on to take the KO at some point.

Fury's jab isn't as crisp as Wlad's so I don't think he can utilise the reach. I think Heavies have an optimum range for height and weight before they become less coordinated and slower / more cumbersome. In my opinion Fury is getting on that way. Recovery? Fury has recovered well but as you say, against feather-fisted fighters like Cunningham & Pajkic. Would Wlad have had to "recover" at all against either?

I'd give him Bravery, also height and weight as he may be able to tire an older and smaller man down.

Reach with that jab? No, I think he'll be put off disciplined boxing when he's beaten to the punch and will want to make it a scrap.

Recovery I'm not sold on. When he gets put down by a proper shot from a proper hard hitting heavy, then gets up, clears his head and boxes on I'll judge.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm

Height
Reach
Weight
Recovery
Bravery

Speed
Defence
Footwork
Power
Accuracy
Experience
Stamina/conditioning

Shared disadvantages:

Chin

So basically Wlad has all the advantages in the key areas.  Fury's chance (and he does have one) is based around bravery for as long as he lasts and Wlad not being able to bully/wrestle him like he did Pov, for example.

What you've listed for Fury are characteristics or things he was born with, not skills or things learned. The Wlad list are all things Wlad has learned over time. I think that's where I stand with this fight. Fury's natural advantages have gotten him this far but when you come up against a better boxer your natural game isn't enough.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:16 pm

Height
Reach
Weight
Recovery
Bravery

Speed
Defence
Footwork
Power
Accuracy
Experience
Stamina/conditioning

Shared disadvantages:

Chin

You're goading me on three threads now...Son.

I'm not biting..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:19 pm

Beating Chisora for a second time really did turn some people into Tyson Fury fans. He boxed well and hes improved dramatically. But his record is extremely thin and hes nowhere near ready for Wlad.

No chance at all. I dont think he even has the power to hurd Wlad

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:20 pm

Can't make a case for Fury, personally. I can't see his lazy, flick of a jab troubling Wlad, thus negating reach advantage. Think without a jab he'll have to get closer to Wlad than he's comfortable with. Don't think he's got the feet or head to get close without getting beat to the punch. I just see him eating big right hands as reward for ambition.

Good luck to him, he's earned the right for the big fight and hope between them they can serve up something entertaining.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:23 pm

DuransHorse wrote:

Height
Reach
Weight
Recovery
Bravery

Speed
Defence
Footwork
Power
Accuracy
Experience
Stamina/conditioning

Shared disadvantages:

Chin

Fury's jab isn't as crisp as Wlad's so I don't think he can utilise the reach.  I think Heavies have an optimum range for height and weight before they become less coordinated and slower / more cumbersome.  In my opinion Fury is getting on that way.  Recovery?  Fury has recovered well but as you say, against feather-fisted fighters like Cunningham & Pajkic.  Would Wlad have had to "recover" at all against either?

I'd give him Bravery, also height and weight as he may be able to tire an older and smaller man down.

Reach with that jab? No, I think he'll be put off disciplined boxing when he's beaten to the punch and will want to make it a scrap.

Recovery I'm not sold on.  When he gets put down by a proper shot from a proper hard hitting heavy, then gets up, clears his head and boxes on I'll judge.

Totally see your point. And largely agree.

Only thing I would say, is that even a pawing jab, if held out in an oppos face, can control range. Lewis used to do it a lot, technically illegal but he got away with holding his left fist out in oppos faces for long periods, as well as using it to manipulate their head position (often straight into a hard right uppercut!).

Have never seen Wlad parry a jab, from memory, his game is usual about evasion or overawing. Against Haye, for example, as his most dangerous oppo since Sanders, Peter etc, he would take a step back partly out of range, lean even further back so his chin was definitely out of range, then raise his guard almost muay-thai style to take the sting our of Haye's swings/lunges.

Not sure that would work so well against someone (if capable) of doubling or tripling up the jab whilst moving forwards (even in a straight line).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:26 pm

Lance wrote:Beating Chisora for a second time really did turn some people into Tyson Fury fans. He boxed well and hes improved dramatically. But his record is extremely thin and hes nowhere near ready for Wlad.

No chance at all. I dont think he even has the power to hurd Wlad

I don't rate fury.........I don't rate Wlad either.............

But it doesn't take much to put Wlad on the deck If that jab that wobbled him against Pulev is anything to go by......

Fury is taller, heavier, punches straight and a lot younger and Wlad comes in ......straight..

I don't think you need to be that good to beat Wlad.......

I think he's got a great chance stylistically....

Mosley was a better fighter than Forrest...........Robbo - Turpin......If you laid out there qualities no one would pick Forrest and Turpin to win !!.

Just how I see it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Height
Reach
Weight
Recovery
Bravery

Speed
Defence
Footwork
Power
Accuracy
Experience
Stamina/conditioning

Shared disadvantages:

Chin

You're goading me on three threads now...Son.

I'm not biting..

Argue the point, not the poster.

That's a succinct analysis in response to the OP.

It's up to you whether to accept defeat in silence or defend your supposition with a modicum of intelligent reasoning.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:28 pm

Yep......ok mate.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:50 pm

Defeat it is then, thanks clap

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 5:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Defeat it is then, thanks clap

My pleasure........... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:02 pm

hogey wrote:

Compared to Fury and pretty much all his competition or lack of it over his reign his skills are great. He has an excellent and surprisingly quick thudding jab, can throw decent fast combinations and has superb footwork for such a big lump.  

If I read that without ever having seen him.... I'd make him an odds on favorite to beat Lennox Lewis...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hogey wrote:

Compared to Fury and pretty much all his competition or lack of it over his reign his skills are great. He has an excellent and surprisingly quick thudding jab, can throw decent fast combinations and has superb footwork for such a big lump.  

If I read that without ever having seen him.... I'd make him an odds on favorite to beat Lennox Lewis...

Amazingly enough i do know plenty who think he could beat Lennox, not one of them myself Lewis was a different level had many of the the same attributes, but better and more of them.
To be honest Truss i dont rate him much myself, but until Joshua gets to championship level he is head and shoulders above anyone else, i would give Wilder a punchers chance Fury i would not give a snowball in hells chance to. Even his tiny size advantage will be offset by the fact that Wlad is a proper athlete and much stronger man.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 11:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't rate Wlad

You don't half spout some utter tripe.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 25 Jun 2015, 6:57 am

Nice and mature way to make your point again Jabmach.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 25 Jun 2015, 10:05 am

Ironic coming from you, Lance....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2