The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !!

+18
hogey
rapidringsroad
Mr Bounce
catchweight
Coxy001
Strongback
mobilemaster8
horizontalhero
Hammersmith harrier
DuransHorse
JabMachineMK2
Rodney
AdamT
Soldier_Of_Fortune
neilodonnell
Scottrf
lfc91
TRUSSMAN66
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !! Empty Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:36 am

Apparently he failed to turn up in a Scottish court for doing 90mph and spent the weekend in jail......

Other news it looks like Wlad v Fury is definitely happening in September/October !!................Warren is trying to get it at Arsenal FC on Sept 5.......I think the Klits managemnet want it in Munich....

Although Wlad has said he'd love to fight in a stadium over here.........

Looking forward to this fight................Give Tyson a great chance of winning......50/50 for me..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !! Empty Re: Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !!

Post by lfc91 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:42 am

Would probably make it 80/20 myself (in favour of Wlad), although regardless of what happens I expect Fury to show up with the intention of actually trying to win.(Something that has sadly been lacking in the majority of Wlads opponents the last number of years).

Will be watching though, good fight in my eyes.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !! Empty Re: Tyson fury spends weekend in jail !! Wlad looks done for Sept/Oct !!

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

The sooner Fury's gone the happier everyone will be

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Looking forward to this fight................Give Tyson a great chance of winning......50/50 for me..
Are you being serious?

Bizarre.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by neilodonnell Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:51 am

There is a picture on Tyson's Twitter yesterday showing him in shocking shape!

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:53 am

Scottrf wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Looking forward to this fight................Give Tyson a great chance of winning......50/50 for me..
Are you being serious?

Bizarre.

Wlad comes in to maul in straight lines. Fury punches straight unlike many Wlad opponents....

Wlad got rocked by a jab in the first round against Povetkin.....He can't take a punch..

Sanders was the last guy that punched straight against Wlad................He killed him....

I don't rate Wlad.............He's a big lump that's fought crap....and he's getting old..

The great Frank Bruno picks Fury to win too............ thumbsup Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:55 am

Go home, you're drunk.

You say Wlad is open to straight punches, and he gets caught clean how often? Fury is very open to a straight right, and Wlad has a lot of power in his.

Big lump who has fought crap? Do you know who Tyson Fury is?

Frank Bruno picked Harrison over Haye. That's about the level of this prediction.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:58 am

Scotty............Fury fights southpaw and punches straight bit like Corrie............Wlad fights stiffs and comes in on straight lines and gets away with it............He couldn't against Sanders because he was half decent....

Fury is bigger......longer reach and heavier...........Wlad is getting old..

I think he can beat him....

Drinking isn't good for bodybuilding.....Promotes estrogen..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:01 pm

It's poor wind up from TRUSSY. As we say though, in HW boxing, everyone has a chance to land a lucky punch but how many lucky punches has Wlad been caught with in the last decade? As much as I dislike the man he's too good to lose to Fury. Wlad's fought numerous oversized lumps with ambition far beyond their abilities. Fury has never fought anyone of the calibre of Wlad.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:03 pm

Well then nobody would ever beat great fighters would they ??

Not that Wlad is anything special..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Are you being serious?

Bizarre.

Wlad got rocked by a jab in the first round against Povetkin.....He can't take a punch..

Am sure that was Pulev dot dot dot dot dot dot

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:05 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Am sure that was Pulev dot dot dot dot dot dot
I think Povetkin did get through early, though don't remember details. Probably why he was so awful/cautious/cheating for the rest of the fight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:05 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Are you being serious?

Bizarre.

They're all podgy and look the same to me.........Talking about podgy nice to see Fielding fighting Smith.....

Has he got any plans on what he's going to do for a career after ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well then nobody would ever beat great fighters would they ??

Not that Wlad is anything special..
Agreed, Wlad's good but not great but still think he's better than anything Fury's faced up to this point and it would take something hitherto unseen from Fury to get the win or for Wlad to have the worst day at the office any fighter has ever had

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:15 pm

Usually when you fight a champion he's supposed to be better than anything you've faced...Although these days it's probably harder winning a NABF or a British !!..

Not saying Fury is as good as Wlad............Saying I think he has the tools to beat a shorter, lumbering...straight line fighter with a dodgy chin..

No one ever suggested Turpin was in Robbo's league.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Usually when you fight a champion he's supposed to be better than anything you've faced...Although these days it's probably harder winning a NABF or a British !!..

Not saying Fury is as good as Wlad............Saying I think he has the tools to beat a shorter, lumbering...straight line fighter with a dodgy chin..

Robbo also spent the build-up to the fight with his entourage living the high life...I don't see Wlad taking such shortcuts in training.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Are you being serious?

Bizarre.

They're all podgy and look the same to me.........Talking about podgy nice to see Fielding fighting Smith.....

Pretty sure that the fight won't happen. Hearn pencilling it in for BBBoC purposes.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:04 pm

I hear that Paul Smith is fighting Anthony Joshua next!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Usually when you fight a champion he's supposed to be better than anything you've faced...Although these days it's probably harder winning a NABF or a British !!..

Robbo also spent the build-up to the fight with his entourage living the high life...I don't see Wlad taking such shortcuts in training.

He got a clinic off Turpin the first time and struggled with him the second time......Avoided a third encounter !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

He got a clinic off Turpin the first time and struggled with him the second time......Avoided a third encounter !!
He also partied like it was 1929....

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:51 pm

If you say so..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:54 pm

I do, so let's move on and stop this silly nonsense

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 1:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Are you being serious?

Bizarre.

Pretty sure that the fight won't happen. Hearn pencilling it in for BBBoC purposes.

It will happen.................I think Hearn thinks Fielding is expendable..

He has too much going on at 168..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
Are you being serious?

Bizarre.

It will happen.................I think Hearn thinks Fielding is expendable..

He has too much going on at 168..

If you say so....that was from the horses mouth.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:03 pm

I'm being serious Soldier.......I can't see how Fielding fits into the 168 picture.....

He's like the black sheep of the 168 family............

You'll agree Hearn loves eulogising about Callum....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm being serious Soldier.......I can't see how Fielding fits into the 168 picture.....

He's like the black sheep of the 168 family............

You'll agree Hearn loves eulogising about Callum....

Lets so how Friday goes first. As I've said before, Callum hasnt exactly been matched tough considering how touted he is.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:30 pm

Rebrasse is a little too stand up European.........Doesn't bang either..

Fielding will test him more..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Rebrasse is a little too stand up European.........Doesn't bang either..

Rebrasse also has little power. A trend in Callums opposition.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Rebrasse is a little too stand up European.........Doesn't bang either..

Rebrasse also has little power. A trend in Callums opposition.

A trend in most Brit prospects to be fair.........and American ones....

Keep them away from the hitters until it's decent bucks..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:25 pm

One good thing you know Fury will give it his all and won't go down wondering, still for the life of me can't see him beating Klitschko. However Wlad has fought a lot worse and looked woeful, so should be a slightly intriguing matchup.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:27 pm

I think Wlad ups his game when needed, very relative to his opponent I feel. I think the best we've seen him was against Haye who was in my eyes the most likely to cause him issues. Obviously wasn't the case, but Wlad was perfect on the night. Some numptys say it was all Haye losing the fight, but I can't look past Wlad just really upping his game that night. Not to say Haye wasn't poor and such, but he was really up against it.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:34 pm

Don't think Haye was ever going to beat him IMO Jab, he style was all wrong, he can't parry a jab and get to plant his feet to detonate one on Wlad, his punches were all lunges and reaching for him. Never seen anyone invest any time in going to the body against Wlad.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:36 pm

Oh I don't disagree Rodders, just saying that of the heavyweights Wlad has fought of late, Haye was probably the only one who had the "Sanders" factor that could blast him out with a fast well placed bomb. Obviously history tells it differently!

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:40 pm

I agree with you TRUSS, at world level Wlad's chin is probably a little fragile.

Unfortunately, at world level Fury's power is also below par as well, so don't see him knocking Wlad out.

When Fury fights short guys he tends to land his long jab at will and minimize risk. 10 out of 10 for that, it's what I think he should do! Over the course of a fight he does manage to slowly but surely chip away at his opponents face, leaving them with a need to see a plastic surgeon after taking jab upon jab upon jab... That's great, but it's not knock out power. I still think when a decent punch lands back Fury will go down, and Wlad will land more than one or two as despite being smaller, he's not small enough for Fury to use the tactics he's started employing. I think Fury would struggle with any guy that can get past his jab and connect. Wlad will do this.

I think Wilder would have a better chance just because he hits harder.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 23 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm

There is more chance of Mike Tyson coming out of retirement and beating Wlad than there is of Tyson Fury lasting more than 4 rounds against him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 5:53 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:There is more chance of Mike Tyson coming out of retirement and beating Wlad than there is of Tyson Fury lasting more than 4 rounds against him.

We'll see.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 23 Jun 2015, 8:51 pm

I make the odds for a Fury win around one in 20, just can't see what he brings to the table that Wlad doesn't trump. There's not one factor or area that you can say that Fury is better. Easy win for Wlad.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 9:21 pm

50/50 Truss? Based on what? Wlad stops him no later then 6 if he is lucky.

Hopefully he drags him 12 rounds and gives him a Shannon Briggs beating.....knock some sense into the Lad and bring him down a peg or two.

Soon as Wlad lands it's over....fury isn't good enough to land anything remotely dangerous on him.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 23 Jun 2015, 9:59 pm

Would it be different if Fury wore Union Jack shorts?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:19 pm

With fully functioning toes?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:20 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently he failed to turn up in a Scottish court for doing 90mph and spent the weekend in jail......

Other news it looks like Wlad v Fury is definitely happening in September/October !!................Warren is trying to get it at Arsenal FC on Sept 5.......I think the Klits managemnet want it in Munich....

Looking forward to this fight................Give Tyson a great chance of winning......50/50 for me..

Ergo we should ignore your take on things judging by the prediction league table!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:23 pm

Id give Fury or Wilder a decent chance of splattering Klitschko if they go in there and really pour it on him early. The last few times I have seen them in action though, they have adopted a more technical approach. If they stand off Klitschko and try to box with him it would be a mistake and they are unlikely to win.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:24 pm

Strongback wrote:Would it be different if Fury wore Union Jack shorts?

Would it be different if he wasn't part of the vermin that has stolen over 400k worth of equipment from local sporting clubs in my area?

Name one good thing they do for society.

His family = scum

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm

I think Fury's only chance is to do a Wilder and try to blitz Wlad. He can't outbox him, he certainly can't out-jab him and pretty much the only thing that Wlad doesn't deal with well is being put under pressure with speed and fast punches. Trouble is, Fury's speed is nothing like Sanders and his power is poor for someone his size.

A lucky punch is the only way this ends in Fury's favour. Lots of people think Wlad's chinny, but you have to land first. Last person to knock him down was Samuel Peter back in 2005, so it can be done. But he got up again and won handily. His defence has gone significantly better (duller) since then too.

Wlad to KO a tiring Fury end of round 6, with Fury being down at least twice.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:36 pm

Can't see Fury having any chance against Wlad or Wilder or Pulev or Joshua or dare I say Haye. and that recent photo of him proves that even he doesn't take himself seriously.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 9:28 am

Coxy001 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently he failed to turn up in a Scottish court for doing 90mph and spent the weekend in jail......

Ergo we should ignore your take on things judging by the prediction league table!

In fairness mate all I know about soccer is that I like Man City to win.........Yet I predicted Chelsea would win the premiership and many of the experts on 606 soccer didn't !!......

May add that Chris is more of an expert than me on Boxing and I finished above him in season 1.....

Guess you'll be ignoring him too !! Cool

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 9:51 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:There is more chance of Mike Tyson coming out of retirement and beating Wlad than there is of Tyson Fury lasting more than 4 rounds against him.

You think he lasts that long?

BetVictor has Wlad at 1/5. Probably be 1/2 or something to knock Tyson out, odds that I'd jump at.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 24 Jun 2015, 12:31 pm

2 big men, one a supreme athlete with a slightly questionable chin but great skills and huge power the other a chinny, below average power plodder who likes to fight but often struggles with small heavy/cruiser weights with no power. Bigger mismatch than Ward Smith for me Wlad wins in 2 rounds.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 12:41 pm

Wlad has great skills....

Good job he wasn't around in Ali's time.......Cassius Clay would be just retired from working in a factory in Louisville..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 24 Jun 2015, 12:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wlad has great skills....

Good job he wasn't around in Ali's time.......Cassius Clay would be just retired from working in a factory in Louisville..

Do you honestly think Fury's are better Mr Trussman?

I think what Fury is doing now is spot on given his attributes. However, his jab is very flicky, his big shots are still very much arm punches and he looks ungainly. He recovers after a shot, but they are shots he shouldn't get troubled by. I think he had a good chance against anyone other that Wlad but Wlad has his game too together to be troubled by Fury or anyone else around at the moment that is in contention. Only a banger has a chance but even then I'm not convinced they would catch him as he's be cautious in the ring with a real hitter.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next