The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated

+36
sensisball
GLove39
funnyExiledScot
madmaccas
RDW
VinceWLB
George Carlin
21st Century Schizoid Man
jimbopip
nickj
MacKnocked-on
EWT Spoons
thebandwagonsociety
Tattie Scones RRN
des
alive555
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Weegie Wizard
CraigS1874
takethelongroad
R!skysports
Converter
Majestic83
IanBru
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Prothero
Nematode
justified sinner
TJ
Eejit
demosthenes
BigGee
Hazel Sapling
cakeordeath
RuggerRadge2611
40 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated - Page 7 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:50 am

IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Are you Tim Visser?
Yes, you've got me. That's why I tend to chat on here for 75 minutes of every Scotland and Edinburgh game. The rest of the time I'm reaching for an intercept that isn't on, so I can't reach the keyboard.

I'd highly recommend watching a Quins game when you get a chance. The look on Mike Brown's face everytime Visser manages to not be in a position to make the tackle is priceless.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated - Page 7 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated

Post by R!skysports Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:24 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Radge - do you and FES want to get a room? kiss

They can use FES's West wing - it is closed for fumigation - I believe a yokel managed to sneak in and steal his quell eggs, rendering the place uninhabitable for Lord FESie

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:40 am

Riskysports wrote:

They can use FES's West wing - it is closed for fumigation - I believe a yokel managed to sneak in and steal his quell eggs, rendering the place uninhabitable for Lord FESie

What's a quell egg?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:47 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

What's a quell egg?

I assume it's a kind of Fabergé egg made to celebrate the successful quelling of a revolt.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:50 am

IanBru wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

What's a quell egg?

I assume it's a kind of Fabergé egg made to celebrate the successful quelling of a revolt.

Ah yes, Octopussy. There's a cultural reference I'm comfortable with.

Anyway, I always say that if the staff have time to revolt then they are "doing a Kellock" (i.e. not working hard enough).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:29 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

What's a quell egg?

It is like a quail egg, but made by Buddhist monks, rolled on the legs of virgin spiders in a secret cave in Alaska

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:34 am

Mrs RDW-to-be's parents used to have quail that gave them eggs - it is cheaper to buy an actual quail than 6 of it's eggs in the shops.

Remember that the next time you get Waitrose 'essentials' quail eggs Mr FES!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:57 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Mrs RDW-to-be's parents used to have quail that gave them eggs - it is cheaper to buy an actual quail than 6 of it's eggs in the shops.

You have done well.

Sadly a local Waitrose hasn't made it to Trinity, so I now frequent Lord Sainsbury's shopping boutique in Craigleith. Whisper it quietly else I offend the gilet and Hunter wellies brigade, but it's actually much better.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Her dad is retired and is a gamekeeper so it is more the country lifestyle as opposed to marrying into landed gentry!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:28 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Mrs RDW-to-be's parents used to have quail that gave them eggs - it is cheaper to buy an actual quail than 6 of it's eggs in the shops.

You have done well.

Sadly a local Waitrose hasn't made it to Trinity, so I now frequent Lord Sainsbury's shopping boutique in Craigleith. Whisper it quietly else I offend the gilet and Hunter wellies brigade, but it's actually much better.

There's nothing to say.... picard

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:34 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Her dad is retired and is a gamekeeper so it is more the country lifestyle as opposed to marrying into landed gentry!

So just to be clear - your father in law has a gun? Shocked
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:41 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Her dad is retired and is a gamekeeper so it is more the country lifestyle as opposed to marrying into landed gentry!

George, you come from Ayr: didn't everyone's father have a gun?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:45 pm

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

You have done well.

There's nothing to say.... picard

Can I just say that is comfortably your most impressive use of the quotation function.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:52 pm

George Carlin wrote:

I can neither confirm nor deny.

What's more worrying is the mother-in-law knows how to shoot too!

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated - Page 7 Shooti11

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated - Page 7 Gun_ba10

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:56 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

I can neither confirm nor deny.

What's more worrying is the mother-in-law knows how to shoot too!

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated - Page 7 Shooti11

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread X-rated - Page 7 Gun_ba10

I'd be far more worried about the gamekeeper's wife. The thought of what she'll have done to animals with a kitchen knife should certainly keep you on the straight and narrow. Perhaps stay clear of Mrs Coman......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:24 pm

jimbopip wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Everyone's mother certainly had one.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:29 pm

George Carlin wrote:
jimbopip wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

Everyone's mother certainly had one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ka5pedLmLs
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:34 pm

GC - that reminds me of Ooor Gordy (Shrek) Reid's comments when he was selected for his debut, Scotland v Tonga, played at Kilmarnock. He said "The only time I have been to Kilmarnock was for a fight at the bus station" Gordy Reid is from Ayr !!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:GC - that reminds me of Ooor Gordy (Shrek) Reid's comments when he was selected for his debut, Scotland v Tonga, played at Kilmarnock.   He said  "The only time I have been to Kilmarnock was for a fight at the bus station"   Gordy Reid is from Ayr !!!!!!!!
I passed my driving test in Killie.

There was an optional learning module if you wanted to practice ramraids, drive by shootings and tyre theft.

An absolute, unequivocal toilet of a place.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:GC - that reminds me of Ooor Gordy (Shrek) Reid's comments when he was selected for his debut, Scotland v Tonga, played at Kilmarnock.   He said  "The only time I have been to Kilmarnock was for a fight at the bus station"   Gordy Reid is from Ayr !!!!!!!!

How delightful. Lovely to actually travel somewhere "for a fight".

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:03 pm

When I was at school we did the same thing. We had a big rivalry with another school so we used to go and fight them and vice versa. It was like a home and away fixture, with the final being held at a neutral venue (half way).

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:12 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:When I was at school we did the same thing.  We had a big rivalry with another school so we used to go and fight them and vice versa.  It was like a home and away fixture, with the final being held at a neutral venue (half way).

Oh yes, I know where you're coming from. We exchanged some pretty heated words with our rival school when those exam result league tables got published. Trust funds were insulted, my Daddy has more non-exec directorships that your Daddy etc. etc. Pretty cutting stuff. Sometimes it got really nasty and spilled into the Eton Fives. Not for the faint hearted I tell you.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:17 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:When I was at school we did the same thing.  We had a big rivalry with another school so we used to go and fight them and vice versa.  It was like a home and away fixture, with the final being held at a neutral venue (half way).

Oh yes, I know where you're coming from. We exchanged some pretty heated words with our rival school when those exam result league tables got published. Trust funds were insulted, my Daddy has more non-exec directorships that your Daddy etc. etc. Pretty cutting stuff. Sometimes it got really nasty and spilled into the Eton Fives. Not for the faint hearted I tell you.

laughing

Wow, that put's things into perspective.  If you don't mind me asking, do you ever suffer from PTSD? It sounds like years of councilling would be needed after those harrowing experiences.  Smile

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:18 pm

I can just see the timetable;

9:00 A47 Ivine via Dreghorn
9:17 A39 Prestwick via Maybole and Annbank
9:21 CU Square go with all comers
9:42 Paddy Wagon Sherrif Court.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:19 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

laughing

Wow, that put's things into perspective.  If you don't mind me asking, do you ever suffer from PTSD? It sounds like years of councilling would be needed after those harrowing experiences.  Smile

laughing Sarcasm at its best !

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:20 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

laughing

Now you have traumatised him. Shocked We don't mention the fact that Fes was turned down from Harrow. Doh

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:31 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

Hopefully you didn't get too much organic yoghurt spilled on your Brora cashmere school jumpers.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 am

George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Hopefully you didn't get too much organic yoghurt spilled on your Brora cashmere school jumpers.

Don't worry. I had a snappy little Barbour wastecoat to prevent such a catastrophe.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:36 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

Don't worry. I had a snappy little Barbour wastecoat to prevent such a catastrophe.

Now mater and pater will be traumatised: all that money on school fees and one's son still cannot spell waistcoat, what a waste.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:41 am

School isn't about spelling or learning. It's just a networking exercise. Who you know rather than what you know etc....

Wink

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:36 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:School isn't about spelling or learning. It's just a networking exercise. Who you know rather than what you know etc....

Wink
"Whom" Whistle
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:13 pm

George, go easy on the Festering one. warning

To paraphrase your fellow Ayrshireman Bill Shankly,
"Never having had the benefit of an expensive education I had to use my brains to get on in life."

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:21 pm

jimbopip wrote:George, go easy on the Festering one. warning

"Never having had the benefit of an expensive education I had to use my brains to get on in life."

Lukly fur mee eye haad tat pricy edoocashon.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:43 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
jimbopip wrote:George, go easy on the Festering one. warning

Lukly fur mee eye haad tat pricy edoocashon.

That's what happens when FES has had one too many Bolly Grand Années on a work night.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:45 pm

Genuinely, I think the only things I learned at my nice pricey school were that only one item in the suit-shirt-tie combo should have a pattern, and that a full Windsor knot is the preserve of pimps and bounders.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 pm

I'll have you know that a full Windsor knot was my preferred way of having my silk Armani tied. Anyway Bru did you and fES not have bowties and top hats and all that schieze ? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:37 pm

Always four in hand and a cutaway collar for me.
French cuffs mandatory for us citylawyerarsewipes.
Loakes shoes always, but never brogues. I'm not 50 years old.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:41 pm

This afternoon Glasgow Warriors ‘A’ will take on Edinburgh ‘A’ at Broadwood Stadium, kick-off 3pm.

You can really see the difference in the 2 squads based on those teams. Glasgow's isn't far off the team that was doing well in the PRO12 a couple of years ago, whereas Edinburgh's looks pretty unknown. I expect a drubbing will follow.

Edinburgh (A)

15. Jack Cuthbert
14. Ross McCann
13. Sam Beard
12. Andries Strauss (C)
11. Ruari Howarth
10. Tom Galbraith
9. Murdo McAndrew

1. Allan Dell
2. George Turner
3. Craig Bachurzewski
4. Lewis Carmichael
5. Fin Field
6. Luke Crosbie
7. Callum Reid
8. Ally Miller

16. Ross Graham 17. Grant Shiells 18. Murray McCallum 19. Hamish Bain 20. Charlie Shiel

Glasgow (A)

15. Nyle Godsmark (Melrose)
14. Junior Bulumakau
13. Nick Grigg
12. Sam Johnson
11. Rory Hughes
10. Duncan Weir
9. Ali Price
1. Alex Allan
2. James Malcolm
3. Mike Cusack
4. Greg Peterson
5. James Eddie
6. Tyrone Holmes
7. Chris Fusaro (Captain)
8. Bruce Flockhart.

Subs: Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Javan Sebastian, Cameron Fenton, Will Bordill, Matt Smith, Andy Redmayne (Glasgow Hawks), Patrick Nicol (Stirling County), Scott Bikerstaff (Marr), Gregor Hunter, Archie Russell (BT Sport Scottish Rugby Academy Stage 2 player).

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:45 pm

I see that Exfoliators A play Soapdodgers A at Broadwood at 3pm this afternoon.

According to their respective websites, the teams are:

Edinburgh A
15 Jack Cuthbert
14 Ross McCann
13 Sam Beard
12 Andries Strauss (C)
11 Ruari Howarth
10 Tom Galbraith
9 Murdo McAndrew

1 Allan Dell
2 George Turner
3 Craig Bachurzewski
4 Lewis Carmichael
5 Fin Field
6 Luke Crosbie
7 Callum Reid
8 Ally Miller

16 Ross Graham
17 Grant Shiells
18 Murray McCallum
19 Hamish Bain
20 Charlie Shiel

Glasgow A
14. Junior Bulumakau
13. Nick Grigg
12. Sam Johnson
11. Rory Hughes
10. Duncan Weir
9. Ali Price

1. Alex Allan
2. James Malcolm
3. Mike Cusack
4. Greg Peterson
5. James Eddie
6. Tyrone Holmes
8. Bruce Flockhart.

Subs: Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Javan Sebastian, Cameron Fenton, Will Bordill, Matt Smith, Andy Redmayne (Glasgow Hawks), Patrick Nicol (Stirling County), Scott Bikerstaff (Marr), Gregor Hunter, Archie Russell (BT Sport Scottish Rugby Academy Stage 2 player).

I think that Glasgow will win because they seem to have far more players than Edinburgh.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Nyle ( Shocked ) Godsmark ? Anyone know anything about this fella - apart from he plays for Melrose ? Bloody strong second string tbh. Is it a closed door game or I might head up to the wasteland that is Cumbernauld.

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:47 pm

madmaccas wrote:This afternoon Glasgow Warriors ‘A’ will take on Edinburgh ‘A’ at Broadwood Stadium, kick-off 3pm.

You can really see the difference in the 2 squads based on those teams. Glasgow's isn't far off the team that was doing well in the PRO12 a couple of years ago, whereas Edinburgh's looks pretty unknown. I expect a drubbing will follow.

Edinburgh (A)

15. Jack Cuthbert
14. Ross McCann
13. Sam Beard
12. Andries Strauss (C)
11. Ruari Howarth
10. Tom Galbraith
9. Murdo McAndrew

1. Allan Dell
2. George Turner
3. Craig Bachurzewski
4. Lewis Carmichael
5. Fin Field
6. Luke Crosbie
7. Callum Reid

8. Ally Miller

16. Ross Graham 17. Grant Shiells 18. Murray McCallum 19. Hamish Bain 20. Charlie Shiel

Glasgow (A)

14. Junior Bulumakau
13. Nick Grigg
12. Sam Johnson
11. Rory Hughes
10. Duncan Weir
9. Ali Price
1. Alex Allan
2. James Malcolm
3. Mike Cusack
4. Greg Peterson
5. James Eddie
6. Tyrone Holmes
8. Bruce Flockhart.

I've highlighted in bold the starters I've never heard of!!

James Malcolm GP starts for Glasgow, so I can't see Edinburgh getting close.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:48 pm

Nice to see Strauss captaining at this level. He'll slot in nicely.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Tom Galbraith is the Melrose lad? I think that he was well liked at U20s level.

He will almost certainly throw fewer intercept passes than his opposite number.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Bet ya Junior crosses for at least one try during his time on the field. It is a 60 min game btw

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:59 pm

On paper that does look a real mismatch. Edinburgh’s number 14 and 20 were in 6th year last year and played for my club last season – great to see them involved, but this is a massive step up.

Good thing we have a world class 12 leading the team!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:01 pm

clap Good for them RD. To get a run with/v pro players at that level is some achievement.

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:03 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:On paper that does look a real mismatch. Edinburgh’s number 14 and 20 were in 6th year last year and played for my club last season – great to see them involved, but this is a massive step up.

Were you overlooked for this gig? Can you not dabble at 12? Just tell them you're an Administrator on 606v2 - that's real leadership.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:05 pm

Ross McMann plays for Stu Mel (Prem 2) and Charlie Shiel (ex internationalist Graeme Sheil’s son) has been getting some gametime for Currie in Prem 1 this season at 9.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:06 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Ross McMann plays for Stu Mel (Prem 2) and Charlie Shiel (ex internationalist Graeme Sheil’s son) has been getting some gametime for Currie in Prem 1 this season.

Underrated player Graham Shiel. A proper centre who understood his craft, and made others around him look better than they were.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:07 pm

Now that I look at those sides, the tight 5 is a horrible mismatch.

Greg/Jeff/Oscar Peterson's right boot probably weighs more than Edinburgh's boiler room combined.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next