The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Vs Tonga

+20
kiakahaaotearoa
yappysnap
SecretFly
Scottrf
AFewTooManyKnocks
mikey_dragon
bedfordwelsh
ME-109
glamorganalun
goneagain
Cyril
VinceWLB
TightHEAD
LeinsterFan4life
Sgt_Pooly
BamBam
RDW
Cardiff Dave
Notch
nathan
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Zealand Vs Tonga - Page 3 Empty New Zealand Vs Tonga

Post by nathan Fri 9 Oct - 20:09

First topic message reminder :

NZ are so far playing pretty.... well crap. Tonga looking good but i doubt it will last

nathan

Back to top Go down

New Zealand Vs Tonga - Page 3 Empty Re: New Zealand Vs Tonga

Post by Cyril Fri 9 Oct - 23:03

France and Ireland don't stand much of a chance against either of their quarter-final opponents.

It's a Big Four now.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 9 Oct - 23:07

From what Ive seen of France ( I havent watched one of their games right through), they would probably fancy their chances against more against New Zealand than Argentina who will draw them into a prison yard brawl.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 9 Oct - 23:09

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Precisely Laurie. Which is why I'm quite happy to see the media blow smoke up the Wallaby arses.

I don't see an Ireland win. At least not a guaranteed. Out of Scotland Samoa France Ireland Wales Australia we all might think Scotland, Ireland and Australia might win but I wouldn't bet the house on all three of those results.

The loser of France and Ireland have two fewer days recovery as well. Let's see how attritional the game is. A lot more than tonight's game I'm sure.

Despite having respect for Ireland's track record, I have a feeling this French team will do some damage.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 9 Oct - 23:39

Cyril wrote:France and Ireland don't stand much of a chance against either of their quarter-final opponents.

It's a Big Four now.

NZ, SA, AUS, WAL.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 9 Oct - 23:41

mikey_dragon wrote:
Cyril wrote:France and Ireland don't stand much of a chance against either of their quarter-final opponents.

It's a Big Four now.

NZ, SA, AUS, WAL.

Laugh

Got to admire your humour.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 10 Oct - 0:29

Check the world rankings pal.

Very Happy

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 10 Oct - 0:33

That would be the Big 3 Mike and Wales thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Oct - 0:45

Tonga played well thumbsup

Last edited by ebop on Sat 10 Oct - 11:57; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 10 Oct - 1:02

RubyGuby wrote:That would be the Big 3 Mike and Wales thumbsup
Bob would have something to say about that, Ha, hah, hah, Smile

That's a fine cup of coffee...

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 10 Oct - 1:24

Night night Cyril thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 10 Oct - 1:26

RubyGuby wrote:Night night Cyril  thumbsup

Cheers mate. Have a cup of Joe.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 10 Oct - 11:40

aucklandlaurie wrote:
From what Ive seen of France ( I havent watched one of their games right through), they would probably fancy their chances against more against New Zealand than Argentina who will draw them into a prison yard brawl.

New Zealand have held to probably 3rd or 4th gear in a six speed transmission so far.  Perhaps gulps of impressive 5th for short periods.  
Argentina are I think revving their engine like a boy racer excited by the thrust available underfoot.  They've played the most honestly close to full tilt of most of the top sides still in contention - well, them and Australia.
France have been spreading their wings too and letting a good dose of air into their flying lungs.  

New Zealand have a way of looking vulnerable and beatable, draw you in, coil around you and squeeze the living daylights out of you by the final 80.  I don't think Argentina have as much guile.  I think France have enough seasoned smartness to have a much easier time against Argentina.

Ireland?  Using Boring 3rd gear at most - as usual from them. Maybe it's all the gears they got. We'll see soon enough. But still into the quarters. Wink

This might become known as the Rope-a-dope World Cup.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 11 Oct - 23:57

Not had much time to watch RWC over last few days but saved many of them to my hard drive to enjoy at leisure so watched
this match plus Snow White and the Eight Dwarves[England v Uruguay]which will discuss separately.
This Group though not as well publicised as Group A is far from easy Argentina has performed as well or better than any of
the 6Ns sides.Georgia are almost the equal of Italy,Namibia at least in this RWC have proved better than Uruguay,Canada,USA.
NZ have not been as convincing by there standards in any match so far BUT have won there Group scored 25 tries and conceded
just 3.Just one more than the new Favourites Australia,have suffered only one serious injury Tony Woodcock a sad end to a Great
Career 118 caps you don`t get that in an AB side if your total rubbish.That means the two FORM LH`s Wyatt Crockett and Joe Moody
are now in the Squad and should have been since day one.
The Pacific Islands teams have been disappointing so far but have all had a least one Good Game Tonga`s was this one,they competed
hard and but for the 5day turn around maybe done better still.
A lot of things in this match were debatable Tonga should possibly have had a penalty try awarded end of first half.Ben Smith penalty
award was harsh.Tackle on Carter could have been Red,on Beauden Barett should have been yellow,a lot of high tackles missed both
sides.Tonga made little attempt to use the Scrum to restart play looking for a penalty at nearly every one,another Ref would have
said use it,or reset rather than award Penalties.[just one area of inconsistency].When NZ chose to go up a gear they scored at will.
So far there has been little sign of there kicking game,Naholo is plainly not match fit but they have numerous options and 31 fit
players.Slade or Barrett at 15 ,Nonu./B .Smith,Fekitoa,SBW at 12/13,B.Smith.Savea,Milton Skudder wings.6 top class loose forwards
a possible Mc Caw/Cane Super Pooper even.don`t write them of yet.
Before engraving Aus on the RWC they have to decide if to rest Pocock,Folau,Giteau v Scotland who`ve won there last two games
with them.[GO SCOTLAND Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo ],then a very menacing Argentina then probably the Boks.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3