The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

+23
Steffan
Jermaine2015
DuransHorse
RanjitPatel
catchweight
Derbymanc
hazharrison
Coxy001
EX7EY
milkyboy
Nico the gman
spencerclarke
Rodney
Kareem61
huw
Mr Bounce
Rowley
Lance
AdamT
Hammersmith harrier
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
leedizzle1986
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. Empty Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 8:35 pm

Does anybody else see a similarity between the two fights? We have a mostly regarded world class fighter in Frampton who has his owe agenda and is not with a mainstream promoter against a well promoted but paper type champion with minimal fanfare and attraction. Haye showed vulnerability in fights prior to Enzo which apparently convinced Warren to take the plunge. Could the Mcguigans have pulled off a similar masterstroke? Will Frampton prove to be miles too good like Haye did? Will Quigg drift in to mediocrity like Enzo? Is he just a hype job?

Also I have read Frampton was not sweating at the open workout. Which could mean weight issues. Would he be dehydrating already? The workout was on Monday.... My main concern as a Frampton fan is Quiggs size. In the promotional work Quigg looks so much bigger... but the piece I read on weight said Quigg was sweating and looked happy and healthy at the open workout... as a naturally bigger lad how would he be making weight so much easier? I don't get it.... Hoping Frampton does it but getting more worried by the day.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. Empty Re: Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 8:38 pm

No similarity at all.....Maccarinelli was as ordinary as the day is long..

Picked Haye to stop him in three..

These two are both talented..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. Empty Re: Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 24 Feb 2016, 8:44 pm

In terms of making weight, some people can drop it and put it back on naturally much easier. Sometimes it's just genetics. Framptons frame is very squat, Quiggs more lean.

In terms of certain things, yes they are similar to Haye/Enzo, Framptons camp saying last time out they struggled with weight, he looked poorer than normal last time out. Difference being, Quiggs camp genuinely wanted the fight before, Enzos team only wanted it once they felt they had the upper hand. Plus, Enzo was crap, Quigg isn't. Pure and simple, Enzo was average in an average division, Haye was quality in an average division. Frampton and Quigg have both shown over recent performances they both have quality in a quality division.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 24 Feb 2016, 8:46 pm

No real similarities, Warren made the Haye fight for Enzo because he was conned into thinking that he had real issues making weight when he didn't. As Truss has alluded to Haye was/is a quality operator with a devastating punch, he held every single advantage in that fight, this one however is more evenly spread.

Quigg as a bit of a fitness freak is in shape all year round so cutting the weight probably isn't a problem, Frampton on the other hand has looked chubby in between fights so whilst being smaller has more weight to actually cut.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 24 Feb 2016, 8:58 pm

Definitely not Haye v Enzo.

Still going to be quite one sided Imo.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:12 pm

I don't think there is miles between the respective records of Quigg now and Enzo then. Both have title reigns but doubts about both.... Quigg hasn't done anything great so far... put down at British title level... Drew with Salinas who went on to be knocked out by a journeyman... where was his power then? His best win was against someone Frampton knocked out two years before. The manner of it was impressive but we don't know what Kiko has left. I am hoping he is being overestimated as I really want a Frampton win.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:13 pm

Also I'm fairly sure at the time Haye was favourite but Enzo a very live underdog and fancied by quite a few. We were fooled in to thinking he had a chance so we could have been fooled in to thinking this is closet than it actually is. Amazing how time changes things.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm

leedizzle1986 wrote:I don't think there is miles between the respective records of Quigg now and Enzo then. Both have title reigns but doubts about both.... Quigg hasn't done anything great so far... put down at British title level... Drew with Salinas who went on to be knocked out by a journeyman... where was his power then? His best win was against someone Frampton knocked out two years before. The manner of it was impressive but we don't know what Kiko has left. I am hoping he is being overestimated as I really want a Frampton win.

I think the last words of that paragraph sums it up really. The only difference between their records is that Frampton fought Martinez earlier but Quigg then has Munroe which is a better win than any of Frampton's others.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:17 pm

leedizzle1986 wrote:I don't think there is miles between the respective records of Quigg now and Enzo then. Both have title reigns but doubts about both.... Quigg hasn't done anything great so far... put down at British title level... Drew with Salinas who went on to be knocked out by a journeyman... where was his power then? His best win was against someone Frampton knocked out two years before. The manner of it was impressive but we don't know what Kiko has left. I am hoping he is being overestimated as I really want a Frampton win.

Seeing as you've just given him a biased one sided trashing in your post I'm surprised you see Frampo struggling...

If you can't see Quigg has more talent than Maccarinelli....Then what can I say..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:25 pm

What has Quigg done now that Enzo hadn't then?

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:26 pm

What has Framtpon done that Enzo hadn't?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:32 pm

Funny really because Haye fans still list Macrinelli as a great win for Haye. Can see similarities in the lack of depth of both divisions in question. Also I expect the winner will go onto big things without ever really taking on their other main rivals in the division.

Domestic fights for titles can sell big so they are constantly exaggerated into something they are not. I don't think either guy would have generated quite as much excitement had it not been for the other being on the horizon. Quigg doesn't even headline arenas normally and if he loses he could soon become overlooked and be the next Cleverly or Enzo. Could win though. This is a more competitive fight than Haye Enzo. I thought that had an obvious conclusion.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:44 pm

If Frampton wins easy, will you guys admit you're wrong?

I certainly will if Quigg wins. I think this will be no more difficult than Martinez for Frampton.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:46 pm

Frampton has won a genuine world title against a defending champion. Something Enzo and Quigg failed to do.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:49 pm

leedizzle1986 wrote:Frampton has won a genuine world title against a defending champion. Something Enzo and Quigg failed to do.

He's not really a genuine world champion is he, that would be Rigondeaux, when there is an unequivocal number one the alphabets don't mean a thing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:51 pm

AdamT wrote:If Frampton wins easy, will you guys admit you're wrong?

I certainly will if Quigg wins. I think this will be no more difficult than Martinez for Frampton.

Wrong about what ??

If Frampton wins I'll still think Quigg is much better than Enzo...Just that Frampo is better..

I'm already picking Frampo to win anyway...

Got respect for both Quigg and Frampton..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 24 Feb 2016, 10:01 pm

leedizzle1986 wrote:What has Quigg done now that Enzo hadn't then?

He has never had his arse handed to him by a fighter of the level of Lee Swaby.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 24 Feb 2016, 10:44 pm

I think that this fight is a tough call as both have talent. I think that Frampton is the better boxer but Quigg is pretty handy too. I have a sneaky suspicion thought that Quigg will catch Frampton despite everything my head tells me. Just a hunch. Quigg by KO very early on or later when behind. If it goes the distance it's Frampton's fight.

The weigh in for Haye Maccarinelli was brilliant. Watch Frank Warren's face as Haye looks happy and superbly fit at 198 lbs. He knew it was all over then.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 25 Feb 2016, 9:55 am

Really harsh on Enzo who just devastatingly knocked out Roy Jones Jr, something Eubank and Benn never managed to do.......

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 10:09 am

God I hope Quigg knocks him out just to shut up some of the ridiculous fan boys, both good fighters but so much drivel about how much better Carl is. I'm not buying it and I hope Scott proves me right on Saturday,

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 25 Feb 2016, 10:20 am

Not happening Kareem.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 25 Feb 2016, 11:02 am

Can't see the similarity myself - think Frampton takes this , just seems more fluid and better rounded fighter than Quigg. I look at the Salinas fight and Quigg was quite poor, one paced, looked easy to outbox and never got going until late on - think he will give a right old go and cause Frampton some problems but see him busted up and pulled out around 10 rounds.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 25 Feb 2016, 11:07 am

Rodney wrote:Can't see the similarity myself - think Frampton takes this , just seems more fluid and better rounded fighter than Quigg. I look at the Salinas fight and Quigg was quite poor, one paced, looked easy to outbox and never got going until late on - think he will give a right old go and cause Frampton some problems but see him busted up and pulled out around 10 rounds.

Cheers, Rodders

My thoughts exactly. Frampton has an extra level. He will be on his A game. If he makes it past the first couple without a scare, he will walk it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 12:27 pm

AdamT wrote:
Rodney wrote:Can't see the similarity myself - think Frampton takes this , just seems more fluid and better rounded fighter than Quigg. I look at the Salinas fight and Quigg was quite poor, one paced, looked easy to outbox and never got going until late on - think he will give a right old go and cause Frampton some problems but see him busted up and pulled out around 10 rounds.

Cheers, Rodders

My thoughts exactly. Frampton has an extra level. He will be on his A game. If he makes it past the first couple without a scare, he will walk it.
And Quigg will just be going through the motions will he, Rodders? I think they'll both be bang up for this one and I think Quigg will give a damned good account of himself. I lean slightly towards Frampton but with Quigg having nothing to lose it really wouldn't surprise me if he pulled off what would be considered a shock. Just hope it lives up to expectations and we get an entertaining fight with no controversy

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 25 Feb 2016, 12:33 pm

The closer it gets the more I think that Frampton might just pull out a worldy of a performance and win comfortable. Not sure why other than me usually getting my predictions completely wrong.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 25 Feb 2016, 1:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:

Cheers, Rodders

And Quigg will just be going through the motions will he, Rodders?  I think they'll both be bang up for this one and I think Quigg will give a damned good account of himself. I lean slightly towards Frampton but with Quigg having nothing to lose it really wouldn't surprise me if he pulled off what would be considered a shock. Just hope it lives up to expectations and we get an entertaining fight with no controversy

Dont think he'll be going through the motions, Dave. I imagine he'll be bang up for it and giving it his all - my example was he was right up for it against Salinas but couldn't seem to fathom him out, if he labours like that against Frampton and doesn't fire it will be a one sided beatdown.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 2:05 pm

Seems to be some under-estimating going on here..

Quigg isn't easy for anybody including Rigo..

I have Frampo by comfortable decision but only because he pulls away after a torrid first half..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 25 Feb 2016, 2:06 pm

Comfortable stoppage for me. Time will tell.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 25 Feb 2016, 2:46 pm

I'm hoping this is the fight of the year, I pick Frampton, but to dismiss Quigg is madness, quality fighter to me.

I never take much notice of what boxers or so called experts think, their opinion has no more clout than mine or anyone on here.

Enzo/Haye comparison do me a favour.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 25 Feb 2016, 2:55 pm

I'm hoping it's fight of the year too. Because I'm forking out for it and the undercard stinks. Anything but an early blow out will do for me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:03 pm

I maybe do overestimate Frampton, but I think he is class. Of course Quigg is a good fighter. If Frampton makes a mistake, he will pay severely.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:06 pm

Apparently there is a dressing room row...Frampo wants the home dressing room...

Plus a shoving match at today's conference..

All a bit kindergarten-ish..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:07 pm

I think Quigg by late stoppage, I think Frampton has issues at the weight and they pretty much confirmed it after his last fight. I was actually surprised he took this fight, I expected him to move up a weight.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently there is a dressing room row...Frampo wants the home dressing room...

Not even hard Truss, heads or tails, winner picks the dressing room, loser picks his dummy and rattle up.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:15 pm

The 'A' side should have the choice.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 3:17 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Apparently there is a dressing room row...Frampo wants the home dressing room...

Not even hard Truss, heads or tails, winner picks the dressing room, loser picks his dummy and rattle up.

Quigg is right to stand firm...........Frampo has had every concession already.....Purse.....Poster...Ring entrance...

Home fighter should have home dressing room.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 25 Feb 2016, 6:07 pm

AdamT wrote:The 'A' side should have the choice.

The A side usually fights at home, don't think either is a household name.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 6:25 pm

As Frampton said just lock the door to that one and both use the same sized room.

Frampton looked overly rattled to me. The weight issue is big as neither can put more than 10lb on by tomorrow morning as they're being re-weighed.

C'mon Quigglet!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 6:39 pm

Has Watt picked a winner yet....??

Just want to know where all the close rounds will be going to..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 25 Feb 2016, 7:51 pm

Just watched the press conference, Blain McGuigan should have not bothered sitting down. Was a good presser.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:02 pm

Hearn, Gallagher and Quigg have really wound Team Frampton up - Hearn and Gallagher wind me up and I'm not involved!

Carl doesn't look great to me (physically). I just wonder if he's really struggled to get the weight right this time.

Frampton is the better fighter and should prevail but I much prefer the cut of Quigg's jib this week.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:10 pm

Frampton looks really rattled and he completely walked into a poop storm when he said 'I don't care what dressing room I have' Considering Quiggs thick Wink he didn't half jump in quick with a 'well i'll take it then'. Cue Framps getting flustered as anything.

Still saying Quiggy late KO

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:19 pm

Good to see you posting mate, but I hope you're wrong. Ha!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:32 pm

Cheers Ad, i've not been well lately so haven't been arsed posting (It takes energy to argue Smile ) plus I started my coaching level 1 course last week and am recovering from that too Smile

I just hope it's a cracker and really hope Framps doesn't get screwed if it's a close one. I want Quigg to win but if Frampsy does enough (and doesn't get the nod) i'll be on here saying as much

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:35 pm

The coaching going well mate? Glad to see you progressing. Well done man and stick at it!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:36 pm

All we've heard is how Quigg isn't marketable......Frampton is the name.....

"60/40"............."Quigg fights on undercards"..."It's going to be like Belfast on the 27th"..

Frampton hasn't sold all his tickets....and Quigg has...

Beginning to look like jerks the Frampton team..

Quigg will get his dressing room..

Hope Quigg wins...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:41 pm

I was thinking today that that's probably the main reason Framps is stressed. Scott's got rid of his tickets and it's a massive sellout to him which I don't think he thought would happen. Hope it's close enough we get a couple of fights out of these 2 Smile

Yeah Ad, it's going good, no sure i'll pass this time as there were massive gaps in my knowledge but if not i'll be down for the next one Smile

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:42 pm

The tickets that came back were from the undercard fighters (top end of the price scale) - which is pretty normal.

I'm sure there'll be more of a racket for Frampton than Quigg.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm

hazharrison wrote:The tickets that came back were from the undercard fighters (top end of the price scale) - which is pretty normal.

They didn't sell their allocation.........Hearn was very clear in the press conference when he was taking the p**s....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 25 Feb 2016, 8:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:The tickets that came back were from the undercard fighters (top end of the price scale) - which is pretty normal.

They didn't sell their allocation.........Hearn was very clear in the press conference when he was taking the p**s....

And they were very clear in their response - the tickets that came back were from the undercard fighters.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next