The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

+23
Steffan
Jermaine2015
DuransHorse
RanjitPatel
catchweight
Derbymanc
hazharrison
Coxy001
EX7EY
milkyboy
Nico the gman
spencerclarke
Rodney
Kareem61
huw
Mr Bounce
Rowley
Lance
AdamT
Hammersmith harrier
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
leedizzle1986
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. - Page 3 Empty Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed 24 Feb 2016 - 20:35

First topic message reminder :

Does anybody else see a similarity between the two fights? We have a mostly regarded world class fighter in Frampton who has his owe agenda and is not with a mainstream promoter against a well promoted but paper type champion with minimal fanfare and attraction. Haye showed vulnerability in fights prior to Enzo which apparently convinced Warren to take the plunge. Could the Mcguigans have pulled off a similar masterstroke? Will Frampton prove to be miles too good like Haye did? Will Quigg drift in to mediocrity like Enzo? Is he just a hype job?

Also I have read Frampton was not sweating at the open workout. Which could mean weight issues. Would he be dehydrating already? The workout was on Monday.... My main concern as a Frampton fan is Quiggs size. In the promotional work Quigg looks so much bigger... but the piece I read on weight said Quigg was sweating and looked happy and healthy at the open workout... as a naturally bigger lad how would he be making weight so much easier? I don't get it.... Hoping Frampton does it but getting more worried by the day.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by hazharrison Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 22:13

Derbymanc wrote:If both have said they won't face Rigo then it would nice if both bodies stripped the belts off them. alas that's never gonna happen

The alphabets would rather more marketable fighters held their belts. Bigger purses = bigger sanctioning fees.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by catchweight Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 22:13

I reckon Joe Gallagher and Quigg thought they had boxed Rigondeaux when he drew with that other Cuban guy.

It will to me a while to get over them on Sky going through their tactical masterplan the week after the fight.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 22:17

The moment Nelson beat Gomez, who gives a toss about Pedroza's spurious claims to the lineal championship.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 22:18

Quick one truss, you going to buy a PPV for once? Or not and then spend another 3 months and 3000 comments on it like you watched it live without knowing the result?

Pertinent question as I've never known you buy a fight.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 22:19

Coxy001 wrote:Quick one truss, you going to buy a PPV for once? Or not and then spend another 3 months and 3000 comments on it like you watched it live without knowing the result?

Give us a kiss

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 22:21

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The moment Nelson beat Gomez, who gives a toss about Pedroza's spurious claims to the lineal championship.

Well not you, you.....you bloomin' rebel you.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 22:22

Coxy001 wrote:Quick one truss, you going to buy a PPV for once? Or not and then spend another 3 months and 3000 comments on it like you watched it live without knowing the result?

I've never known him watch one never mind buy one.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 22:23

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:The moment Nelson beat Gomez, who gives a toss about Pedroza's spurious claims to the lineal championship.

It's like having the reincarnation of Spike Milligan on here, the wit levels are off the charts.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 22:27

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

It's like having the reincarnation of Spike Milligan on here, the wit levels are off the charts.

A comedian AND a rebel. Too cool.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 0:09

Frampton said in an interview after the press conference that he sold all his allocation and had his mate to phone Quigg's chippy to buy 10 more form him and they were then posted out.

Just for a bit of clarification.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 1:01

These pair are totally different

Haye went on to make a mockery of heavyweight boxing

Enzo went on to get KTFO a lot

Frampton and Quigg will both go on to have more successful careers regardless of the result of this fight

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 7:04

He tried to say that in the press conference whilst also admitting that they sent tickets back (saying they were undercard fighters) seriously if you wanted more tickets wouldn't you help others in your stable (or in your town) out by buying them off them.

Think he's rattled as hell at the minute

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 7:56

Quigg by a highlight reel KO.

So pumped for this. Weekend of 6N followed by this! Stroke it slow my dear, I want this to last

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by lambertm100 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 9:16

I'm no expert, but from watching yesterdays IFL TV interviews, Frampton does look like he's struggling at the weight. His face looks gaunt and he was constantly twitching, licking his lips and blinking frequently. If it goes past 6 rounds then that weight draining could come in to play and everyone knows Quigg has a great engine. Quigg to win by KO down the stretch.

lambertm100

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 9:57

Us fans focus so much on minute details in the pre-fight antics that we talk ourselves into thinking theirs problems where there may be none.

Frampton may be struggling with the weight but this was suggested months ago before training had even began, he's had a longer than usual 17 week camp for a fight he's more focused on than any other.  Should he really struggle more than usual this time round?  logically, no.  I think it's just a typical story that comes out.  My only experience of this is being something of a fitness fanatic, when in my best physical shape people often tell me I look unwell. Laugh

I thought Team Quigg were quite arrogant, probably part of the wind up plan, but really if Frampton bites in the ring he's only got himself to blame.  I thought Quigg was OK. They are winding him up for a reason, they don't want him to be calm and box.

I got a bit annoyed with Hearn going on about the fighters pay and how Quigg would be paying less because he employed less people.  Is Hearn almost offering his services as a charity then as I always thought Eddie Hearn and Matchroom would not come cheap?  You could pay 10 promoters £40k or 1 promoter £500K, that final figure is the one that counts.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 10:07

Does it matter if he struggles at the weight??

McGregor looks like a crackhead when he makes 145 in MMA. He always got the job done. If Quigg doesn't get Carl out of there early, he is f...d. Get your money on Frampton. He will win this fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 10:16

DuransHorse wrote:
I thought Team Quigg were quite arrogant, probably part of the wind up plan, but really if Frampton bites in the ring he's only got himself to blame.  I thought Quigg was OK. They are winding him up for a reason, they don't want him to be calm and box.

Bang on. Quigg needs Frampton to stand in front of him because if he boxes on the back foot he could make him look silly.

If Frampton does get sucked in to the macho stuff he could be in trouble - I think Quiggs camp are looking for the body shot too - I think Frampton knows this too which is why he mentioned he'd been put down by a body shot in sparring on the gloves are off I think, so its a bit of bluffing but both teams know what the other will do.

Framtons advantage is he can adapt and can fight at range, going backwards or forwards - whereas Quigg really can only win one way.

The other question for me is - how much stronger and more powerful is Quigg, if it all? If Frampton has the power to hurt Quigg and strength to hold his own then Quigg is in trouble.

If Frampton fights like he did against Martinez 1 and Avalos he could knock Quigg out I think.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 10:20

I think round 10 Rodders. Frampton will pick him off and punches hard enough to finish the job. Quigg is a good fighter, but I believe Carl is a level above. It will show on the night.

This fight will follow a similar pattern to Mayweather vs Hatton. Quigg will start fast, but if he doesn't get early damage on Carl, he will be outboxed and stopped late.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 11:10

According to Blain McGuigan, the stats indicate most tickets sales came from Belfast, then London, then Manchester 3rd. Not sure where he sourced that from but worth putting out there.

Both promoters pushing different stories.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 11:37

Of course it matters if he is struggling to make weight Adam...

Strength and energy levels are likely to be affected.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 11:40

I actually think Frampton will sweep the early rounds and Quigg will have more success after half-way.

Quigg will be dangerous in the final few rounds - especially if Frampton has dehydrated to make weight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 12:06

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Of course it matters if he is struggling to make weight Adam...

Strength and energy levels are likely to be affected.

Well Conor McGregor must be superman then.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 12:15

Okay.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 12:28

plenty of fighters can hydrate and be strong. Hatton at 140 is another one.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 12:32

DuransHorse wrote:According to Blain McGuigan, the stats indicate most tickets sales came from Belfast, then London, then Manchester 3rd.  Not sure where he sourced that from but worth putting out there.

Both promoters pushing different stories.
The Irish always back their sportsmen and women in any sport, Frampton will have plenty of support from the Emerald isle that's a certainty.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 13:28

Both weighed in and, surprisingly, Frampton looked well (and the better of the two).

You can't read too much into it but I think the 'Frampton struggling with weight' line is out of the window.

Crowd all for Frampton as well (watching on phone so wasn't sure)? So much for Eddie's #banterjuice.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 13:31

hazharrison wrote:Both weighed in and, surprisingly, Frampton looked well (and the better of the two).

You can't read too much into it but I think the 'Frampton struggling with weight' line is out of the window.

Crowd all for Frampton as well (watching on phone so wasn't sure)? So much for Eddie's #banterjuice.

Good to hear! Smile

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 13:33

Shane put Gallagher back in his box. Frampton put Hearn back into his yesterday and I thought Quigg looked less confident up there. All fluff and nonsense I know but good craic.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 13:38

I really fancy Carl to do a number. I think Quigg is going to suffer under pressure. Carl has proved he can fight under pressure from his fans. This will not go the distance.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 13:49

When Quigg splatters Frampton the look on Bazzer McGuigans face will be hilarious. Gonna have a nice fat bet on my man Quigg, 6/4 yes please.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:01

hazharrison wrote:Shane put Gallagher back in his box. Frampton put Hearn back into his yesterday and I thought Quigg looked less confident up there. All fluff and nonsense I know but good craic.

Bit of a one sided assessment..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:02

Who has got the dressing room ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:17

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Shane put Gallagher back in his box. Frampton put Hearn back into his yesterday and I thought Quigg looked less confident up there. All fluff and nonsense I know but good craic.

Did you see the weigh-in, or are you peeing in the dark again?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:22

Im sick of hearing about Gallagher and Shane McGuigan. Both a pair of gimps. Gallagher has a face that you just want to punch and McGuigans only in this position because of his Dad. Is anyone actually interested in these two limelight grabbing clowns?

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:24

I Agree. I like the two fighters (obviously Carl more) These guys sicken me. I wish after the fight, Mike Tyson would make a guest appearance and batter Barry, Shane, Joe and Eddie.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:30

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

or are you peeing in the dark again?

Is this the new line......... Rolling Eyes

You're so one sided...You love or you hate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:34

After seeing that I am a bit more confident that Frampton will win this.  Still needs to keep his head though.

As for the promoters and trainers, I'd like them to get in the ring for a good charity and sort out all their bitching.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:39

EX7EY wrote:Im sick of hearing about Gallagher and Shane McGuigan. Both a pair of gimps. Gallagher has a face that you just want to punch and McGuigans only in this position because of his Dad.  Is anyone actually interested in these two limelight grabbing clowns?

Nope. To be fair, Shane and Barry were looking to take a backseat yesterday. Gallagher just loves the sound of his own voice.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:41

Joe Gallagher absolutely grates on me

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:42

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

or are you peeing in the dark again?

Is this the new line......... Rolling Eyes

You're so one sided...You love or you hate..

Should I like Hearn and Gallagher as much as I like Brary Mac? Would that make you feel better? What a weird thing to come out with!

Quigg looked like he'd dropped some serious weight overnight - it's a valid observation!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:43

EX7EY wrote:Joe Gallagher absolutely grates on me

In the words of John Murray: "He's a horrible, horrible man".

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:46

You don't know if McGuigan was deliberately taking a back seat yesterday because you don't know him !!!!....

Just stop it..

You love Mcguigan......You hate Hearn....

You're irrational...So it's pointless debating with you.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:49

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You don't know if McGuigan was deliberately taking a back seat yesterday because you don't know him !!!!....

Just stop it..

You love Mcguigan......You hate Hearn....

Did he take an accidental back seat then? Eee lad, you do come out with some good ones.

Did you actually see the presser (or are you grasping in the cupboard again)?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:52

Lance wrote:Funny really because Haye fans still list Macrinelli as a great win for Haye. Can see similarities in the lack of depth of both divisions in question. Also I expect the winner will go onto big things without ever really taking on their other main rivals in the division.

Domestic fights for titles can sell big so they are constantly exaggerated into something they are not. I don't think either guy would have generated quite as much excitement had it not been for the other being on the horizon. Quigg doesn't even headline arenas normally and if he loses he could soon become overlooked and be the next Cleverly or Enzo. Could win though. This is a more competitive fight than Haye Enzo. I thought that had an obvious conclusion.

Wonder just how close the fight has to be for a return match.....

Not the end of the world for either a loss I expect......

Other alphabets around..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:56

Scott Quigg, someone get that man a bacon buttie and a Twix...pronto.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 15:50

Just watched the weigh in and I'd say the crowd were more for Quigg than Frampton. Also thought Scott look absolute Ice cold, solid steel, calm as you like whilst Carl appeared a bit fidgety.

It may turn out to be totally unfounded but from what I've seen, Quigg really has unshakeable self belief that he will win this fight. I'm still confident that he knocks Carl out.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 16:01

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Pot.............Kettle................TRUSS

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 16:03

Maybe...Anyway let's hope it is not a damp squib like Smith v Fielding ..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 16:11

Not sure why but as the fight approaches I am leaning more towards Quigg. Just like the way he has carried himself in the run up. Also think we have seen about the best Frampton has to offer, suspect Quigg has another gear yet. Think he will probably lose a few early, but the cumulative effects of the shots he lands on Frampton, who does take his share, will start to slow him down. Will be close but edging towards Quigg on points.

And if that is not enough to persuade you all to lump everything on Frampton nothing will.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 16:32

Rowley wrote:Not sure why but as the fight approaches I am leaning more towards Quigg. Just like the way he has carried himself in the run up. Also think we have seen about the best Frampton has to offer, suspect Quigg has another gear yet. Think he will probably lose a few early, but the cumulative effects of the shots he lands on Frampton, who does take his share, will start to slow him down. Will be close but edging towards Quigg on points.

And if that is not enough to persuade you all to lump everything on Frampton nothing will.

.....It's a tough one isn't it....

It could be a Starling v Honey type fight for Frampo....Or it could be a Chavez Rosario type for Quigg......

Always go for the better boxer in these matchups....But I hope I'm wrong..

One thing I hope is that...The security boys are getting a decent wage tomorrow..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next