The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

+23
Steffan
Jermaine2015
DuransHorse
RanjitPatel
catchweight
Derbymanc
hazharrison
Coxy001
EX7EY
milkyboy
Nico the gman
spencerclarke
Rodney
Kareem61
huw
Mr Bounce
Rowley
Lance
AdamT
Hammersmith harrier
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
leedizzle1986
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. - Page 2 Empty Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Does anybody else see a similarity between the two fights? We have a mostly regarded world class fighter in Frampton who has his owe agenda and is not with a mainstream promoter against a well promoted but paper type champion with minimal fanfare and attraction. Haye showed vulnerability in fights prior to Enzo which apparently convinced Warren to take the plunge. Could the Mcguigans have pulled off a similar masterstroke? Will Frampton prove to be miles too good like Haye did? Will Quigg drift in to mediocrity like Enzo? Is he just a hype job?

Also I have read Frampton was not sweating at the open workout. Which could mean weight issues. Would he be dehydrating already? The workout was on Monday.... My main concern as a Frampton fan is Quiggs size. In the promotional work Quigg looks so much bigger... but the piece I read on weight said Quigg was sweating and looked happy and healthy at the open workout... as a naturally bigger lad how would he be making weight so much easier? I don't get it.... Hoping Frampton does it but getting more worried by the day.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by catchweight Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:50 pm

The ticketing was a mess. After the fight sold out in a flash there were countless Irish fans taking to the internet to vent. I would be shocked if the fight hasnt been in demand there. He must have sold 15,000 tickets easily for the Martinez fight.

Matchroom really need to sort out their ticketing for these events. Its a shambles for genuine boxing fans.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. - Page 2 Empty Re: Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:52 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:The tickets that came back were from the undercard fighters (top end of the price scale) - which is pretty normal.

I'm sure there'll be more of a racket for Frampton than Quigg.

They didn't sell their allocation.........Hearn was very clear in the press conference when he was taking the p**s....

And they were very clear in their response - the tickets that came back were from the undercard fighters.

Mcguigan - "We want the home dressing room as we have the star name.."

Hearn - "The star name that can't sell his tickets.."

They were given 9,000 and 500 came back............end of story.....Leave it out...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:The tickets that came back were from the undercard fighters (top end of the price scale) - which is pretty normal.

I'm sure there'll be more of a racket for Frampton than Quigg.

They didn't sell their allocation.........Hearn was very clear in the press conference when he was taking the p**s....

And they were very clear in their response - the tickets that came back were from the undercard fighters.

Mcguigan - "We want the home dressing room as we have the star name.."

Hearn - "The star name that can't sell his tickets.."

They were given 9,000 and 500 came back............end of story.....Leave it out...

Where you pluck those figures from?

Fighters from the English side - Isaac Lowe etc. - still have tickets to sell. Guess that means Quigg didn't sell his allocation either?

Engage your brain (for once).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:56 pm

Listen you like Barry...So if he said the moon is made of cheese it would be..

He had 500 spare tickets.......He sent them back..

But for peace and quiet sake......Hearn is wrong... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Listen you like Barry...So if he said the moon is made of cheese it would be..

He had 500 spare tickets.......He sent them back..

But for peace and quiet sake......Hearn is wrong... thumbsup

Where have you picked up he had 500 spare tickets?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Who was given 9000 tickets?

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:08 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:Who was given 9000 tickets?

Truss thinks Frampton was given 9000 tickets to sell out of his car boot but had to hand back 500.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:11 pm

Frampton did himself no favours in the weigh in but Hearn and team Quigg don't half spin some oddly sourced facts. Maybe they didn't sell their tickets but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit of a twisted fact or they even ensured the tickets that usually struggle to sell went to Frampton.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Also, Haye compared the Mac fight to this earlier in the week. I think he's wrong but there were similarities and it was seen a lot closer than it ended up being.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:16 pm

I dunno Framps looked extremely embarassed when it was mentioned he hadn't sold all his tickets and then stuttered about buying some of Quigg.

I don't get this 'it was the undercard fighters that couldn't sell their tickets' there's apparently been so much demand that a quick shout out on facebook by the undercard would have had their tickets gone

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Eddie Hearn has certainly wound up the McGuigan camp.......Done a real good job for his fighter who lacks the smarts to do so....

Mcguigan - we could have had this fight in Ireland..

Hearn - No you couldn't...You're here because I brought you here !!..

ouch....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Frampton not being able to sell tickets for this fight makes zero sense. He has sold more in the past, for fights of less magnitude and tickets on general sale sold in in under a couple of minutes.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:28 pm

Yet he got called about it, stammered something about buying them off Quigg and has had a pissy argument about the dressing room. something does not seem right with the lad and if you'd asked me before I'd have said he'd have just got on with it

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Yup, agreed. I though Quigg did OK today too. If Frampton fights without his head Quigg will take it off.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Frampton sold 15000 for the kiko fight but can't sell 500? Nonsense

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Normally I'd agree Ranjit, but the fact it got him so rattled says there was some truth to it.

Although being bested by Quiggy in Dressing Room Gate probably didn't help matters either Smile

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Actually, given the really quick sell out, is Hearn suggesting Frampton put his tickets on stubhub? :-)

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:32 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:Frampton sold 15000 for the kiko fight but can't sell 500? Nonsense

The Kiko fights that were held in Belfast.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:37 pm

A guy with a track record of selling out arenas against a guy who hasnt been able to headline his title cards. Apparently its the guy with the track record that cant sell. I guess if Hearn says it true, thats that. Not like he would tell a lie.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:37 pm

More likely is the reason for the quick sell out was due to stubhub.

This dressing room argument is pointless. Needed settling ages ago because will have lost a little niggle mind game.
Quigg seemed a lot cooler than Frampton today. I'd think he's probably making weight a lot easier. Frampton looked awful to me.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Kiko fights were in Belfast, yeah. Does that matte when you're talking of a fight this big with tickets this sought after?

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:42 pm

The argument is just mind games...

The history of this fight shows Frampton 's camp will lose any of those..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Was the 10lb rule written into the contract from the off? Eddie said Frampton got it all his own way other than the dressing room issue.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 pm

catchweight wrote:A guy with a track record of selling out arenas against a guy who hasnt been able to headline his title cards. Apparently its the guy with the track record that cant sell. I guess if Hearn says it true, thats that. Not like he would tell a lie.

Why would Mcguigan be making up excuses as to why 500 were sent back.. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 pm

DuransHorse wrote:Was the 10lb rule written into the contract from the off? Eddie said Frampton got it all his own way other than the dressing room issue.

IBF rules.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:45 pm

DuransHorse wrote:Actually, given the really quick sell out, is Hearn suggesting Frampton put his tickets on stubhub? :-)

Frampton abhors StubHub - so no chance of that.

Undercard fighters on both sides have tickets left over - Hearn was just fishing.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
catchweight wrote:A guy with a track record of selling out arenas against a guy who hasnt been able to headline his title cards. Apparently its the guy with the track record that cant sell. I guess if Hearn says it true, thats that. Not like he would tell a lie.

Why would Mcguigan be making up excuses as to why 500 were sent back.. Rolling Eyes

Where have you got 500 from?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:46 pm

We all know the tickets for this were a joke to begin with, Frampton conceded that he handed some back but they were from undercard fighters now surely his camp should have been able to get rid of every ticket anyhow as most will be there for the main event (If i'd have thought i'd have asked a couple of people for some).

It's a moot point now though, it got right under Framps skin and if he doesn't calm down he might lose this beofre he gets through the ropes.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Frampton is gonna pancake this bum Quigg. This isn't a unification fight. Frampton holds a legit championship, whereas paper chump Quigg is walking around with Rigondeaux's championship...

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Cheers Hammer.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Frampton is gonna pancake this bum Quigg. This isn't a unification fight. Frampton holds a legit championship, whereas paper chump Quigg is walking around with Rigondeaux's championship...

:yawn:

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:48 pm

The only one that deserves to be called champ is Rigo, the rest have ran from him and Framps has admitted he's the no.1

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:48 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:Was the 10lb rule written into the contract from the off? Eddie said Frampton got it all his own way other than the dressing room issue.

IBF rules.

There are rumors that Frampo is struggling to make weight..

Perhaps that is why his team is looking desperate..

This dressing room stuff is all a little girly..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:49 pm

If I were Quigg I'd talk to Frampton during the fight. Not sure Quigg will utilise that tactic but Frampton does look like he'd explode if the right buttons were pushed.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:50 pm

Let us not forget Haz is leaving us if Quigg wins.....

If Frampo wins...We'll forget there ever was a wager on it.. laughing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Derbymanc wrote:The only one that deserves to be called champ is Rigo, the rest have ran from him and Framps has admitted he's the no.1

I'm with you there. Just reading BN. Both fighters claim they want to fight Rigo next but McGuigan has all but ruled it out (as in, for good).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:52 pm

DuransHorse wrote:If I were Quigg I'd talk to Frampton during the fight. Not sure Quigg will utilise that tactic but Frampton does look like he'd explode if the right buttons were pushed.

I take it you've never been in a ring Duran ??

Usually you have more pressing things to think about..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Let us not forget Haz is leaving us if Quigg wins.....

If Frampo wins...We'll forget there ever was a wager on it.. laughing

No-one took up my offer!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:52 pm

So has Hearn, Haz.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:54 pm

No, but Im confused you've never seem anyone talking to an opponent during a fight, Truss.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:55 pm

DuransHorse wrote:So has Hearn, Haz.

Bloody shame but that's the sport these days. Championships are all but dead.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:55 pm

I hope Frampton does explode, and we get a great fight. My fear is Frampton will be convinced he just needs to box smart to a comfortable win and the fight will never really heat up.

You can read into all pre fight bollix any which way. Maybe Framptons deperate because hes struggling with weight, maybe Quiggs mind games are desperate because they know the cant outbox Frampton and need him to lose his rag. Ifs, buts...

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:55 pm

DuransHorse wrote:So has Hearn, Haz.

Bloody shame but that's the sport these days. Championships are all but dead.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:55 pm

Derbymanc wrote:The only one that deserves to be called champ is Rigo, the rest have ran from him and Framps has admitted he's the no.1
Rigondeaux is the Lineal champion so no-one is denying he's the boss at junior featherweight

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:
Rigondeaux is the Lineal champion so no-one is denying he's the boss at junior featherweight

Cruz was the lineal champ at Feather when Nelson was a champ..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

Correct! First time for everything thumbsup

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

That lineage is a load of crap, Pedroza elevated to 'lineal champion' because Sanchez died, not a claim I take to be gospel.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:02 pm

If both have said they won't face Rigo then it would nice if both bodies stripped the belts off them. alas that's never gonna happen

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:05 pm

No money in Rigo..Derby.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:11 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:

That lineage is a load of crap, Pedroza elevated to 'lineal champion' because Sanchez died, not a claim I take to be gospel.

I suppose Pedroza could have beaten LaPorte again - just for you.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next