The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

+23
Steffan
Jermaine2015
DuransHorse
RanjitPatel
catchweight
Derbymanc
hazharrison
Coxy001
EX7EY
milkyboy
Nico the gman
spencerclarke
Rodney
Kareem61
huw
Mr Bounce
Rowley
Lance
AdamT
Hammersmith harrier
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
leedizzle1986
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. - Page 4 Empty Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by leedizzle1986 Wed 24 Feb 2016, 8:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Does anybody else see a similarity between the two fights? We have a mostly regarded world class fighter in Frampton who has his owe agenda and is not with a mainstream promoter against a well promoted but paper type champion with minimal fanfare and attraction. Haye showed vulnerability in fights prior to Enzo which apparently convinced Warren to take the plunge. Could the Mcguigans have pulled off a similar masterstroke? Will Frampton prove to be miles too good like Haye did? Will Quigg drift in to mediocrity like Enzo? Is he just a hype job?

Also I have read Frampton was not sweating at the open workout. Which could mean weight issues. Would he be dehydrating already? The workout was on Monday.... My main concern as a Frampton fan is Quiggs size. In the promotional work Quigg looks so much bigger... but the piece I read on weight said Quigg was sweating and looked happy and healthy at the open workout... as a naturally bigger lad how would he be making weight so much easier? I don't get it.... Hoping Frampton does it but getting more worried by the day.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. - Page 4 Empty Re: Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 26 Feb 2016, 4:41 pm

Quigg come fight night will be the far bigger man and will look in far better shape as he does every fight, looking ripped at the weigh in isn't necessarily a good sign anyway.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts. - Page 4 Empty Re: Frampton/Quigg same as Haye/Enzo and pre fight thoughts.

Post by Kareem61 Fri 26 Feb 2016, 5:27 pm

I agree with Rowley wholeheartedly. Summarised my thoughts in a far more eloquent manner than I did. Quigg will not be denied!

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 26 Feb 2016, 5:40 pm

If you put your house on who would win, best buy a tent so your not completely homeless, that's how close I feel this fight is.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 26 Feb 2016, 6:15 pm

I'm in the minority. Not close to me.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 26 Feb 2016, 6:20 pm

Has anyone had problems ordering this through sky box office

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 27 Feb 2016, 12:35 am

Think Frampton will win on points but after pickin his rear up off the floor once or twice.

Looking into all the comparisons between the kiko fight is silly because as mention it's hard to say what kiko showed up for Quigg.

When frampton fought him he was both times a champion (euro and world). Plus the 2nd fight saw kiko show up after going on a bit of a roll with a few decent wins. Kiko had something to fight for, his belts. When frampton fought him the first time lets not forget he was only 16-0. It was a big step up.

Quigg took kiko on when he was an established "world champ" and kiko had just been spanked and in possession of nothing. A lot has been made of the power difference but again, frampton took kiko out with one shot. Quigg must have threw about 50 to finish him.

That being said I think this is carls to lose. If he boxes ala Kiko 2 then Quigg is in for a long night. If carl goes in swinging and being wreck less then he gets took out
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 27 Feb 2016, 8:20 am

I do like quigg, if he wins then he'll have earnt it. The problem is, I think he'll always come up a little short against guys that box fluidly at the top level. I'm not saying he's all brute force and stamina, just that I don't think his style works well against the very best. Part of why I wanted Groves to beat Froch was IF he could show the ability to box well over a full 12 rounds of pressure the future was more interesting with a Groves win. He didn't have it.

Looking at the good scenarios for both, I just feel that if Quigg wins clearly in his 'style', with most guessing Quigg wins via KO but probably behind on the cards, then I doubt Rigo has too much to lose sleep over. If Frampton wins, with some suggesting he could make Quigg look silly if he boxes at his best, Rigo and certainly Cruz, may be a little more concerned.

Of course, if Quigg out boxes Frampton comprehensively I'd be very impressed and have more belief that Quigg could go on to give Rigo problems.

I prefer watching guys who want to fight rather than box, but most of the types I like to watch do tend to come up short at some point. In a fight of this magnitude, that's why I'd have to back Frampton.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 27 Feb 2016, 12:24 pm

I honestly think this is one of the toughest fights to call, I've sided with a Frampton win but how much has Quigg improved, we're going to find out.
A lot is said about Quiggs power but if he leaves himself wide open Frampton can hit.

The way I see the fight panning out is Frampton cautious 1st few rounds, boxing his way out of trouble, then upping his game and using his combination punching to systematically break Quigg down and producing a late stoppage, I feel Quigg will look to take the fight to Frampton and try to take Frampton out in the 1st 6 rounds, but I don't think Quigg is stupid he will also respect Framptons power.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 27 Feb 2016, 12:29 pm

I must be a biased big sh1t. Everyone else sees it as a 50/50.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 27 Feb 2016, 1:09 pm

AdamT wrote:I must be a biased big sh1t. Everyone else sees it as a 50/50.
Not really Adam your opinion is as valid as anyone else, you might be 100% correct, Frampton might be a cut above Quigg outclass and win with ease.

Nothing wrong with being biased, your an Irishman getting behind his fellow country man, anything less and you should hang your head in shame, only joking about the last bit of the sentence.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 27 Feb 2016, 3:04 pm

I don't see it as 50/50. Pushed I bet on Frampton... but as I'm not being pushed I won't be betting.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 27 Feb 2016, 3:11 pm

I have had a bet on Quigg, not out of any great certainty he will win, but I have not had a bet in ages and fancied one for a change. The odds on Frampton hardly made it worth doing given I am a proper Yorkshireman and consider spending more than a fiver on pretty much anything as wastefulness.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 27 Feb 2016, 3:30 pm

If I were betting Quigg I'd probably go for selecting rounds 3-6 KO. Don't think Frampton will struggle down the stretch as suggested, think both will be cautious early on, and Quigg points unlikely. If Quigg gets the knock out I think that's the most likely window. What did you go for, Rowley?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 27 Feb 2016, 3:49 pm

Points, just think if it is close Quigg is likely to get the nod.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat 27 Feb 2016, 4:11 pm

Fair enough. I think the poster who mentioned a draw made a fair point too. Matchroom would love to repeat all this.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 27 Feb 2016, 4:14 pm

Said in the preview in boxing news this week there was an unwritten understanding if it was close they'd do it again.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 28 Feb 2016, 8:14 pm

hazharrison wrote:I actually think Frampton will sweep the early rounds and Quigg will have more success after half-way.

Quigg will be dangerous in the final few rounds - especially if Frampton has dehydrated to make weight.

It's a shame you can't get odds on how a fight pans out!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 8:37 pm

Yeah, you did call it.

Mr Truss also said 8-4 Frampton.

I in the overhand predicted a nice and easy ko lol

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 28 Feb 2016, 8:46 pm

AdamT wrote:Yeah, you did call it.

I'm in the minority: I enjoyed it! I thought Frampton's footwork and judgement of distance was exceptional. Hoping he takes a mandatory in Belfast next! LSC late in the year.

So much for Quigg selling more tickets. Who'd he sell them to? Frampton fans?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:08 pm

hazharrison wrote:

I'm in the minority: I enjoyed it! I thought Frampton's footwork and judgement of distance was exceptional. Hoping he takes a mandatory in Belfast next! LSC late in the year.

You've got to rub it in haven't you ??...Like the little schoolboy you are !! Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:14 pm

I thought Quigg was disappointing to be fair, and made things easy for Frampton early on, as much as it was Frampton taking the fight away from him early on.

There was a noticeable change when it became clear the fight was practically lost on the cards. The actioned crackeled more after that and brought out the better in both fighters.

But this fell into a lot of the pre fight conceptions regarding Quiggs advantage in size, stamina and strength but inferior ringcraft and boxing intelligence to make the most of it. A rematch would be Framptons to lose. But Quigg could have made Frampton work harder to win.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:21 pm

To be fair every man and his dog knew Frampton has the much larger support. I will go to his next Belfast fight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:31 pm

AdamT wrote:To be fair every man and his dog knew Frampton has the much larger support. .

Really ....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

You've got to rub it in haven't you ??...Like the little schoolboy you are !! Rolling Eyes

Rub it in? I'm pretty confident Quigg doesn't read 606v2!!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:41 pm

AdamT wrote:To be fair every man and his dog knew Frampton has the much larger support. I will go to his next Belfast fight.

Everyone except Truss (nothing new there).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:44 pm

hazharrison wrote:
AdamT wrote:To be fair every man and his dog knew Frampton has the much larger support. I will go to his next Belfast fight.

Everyone except Truss (nothing new there).

Laugh ..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:48 pm

I see Quigg broke his jaw in the 4th round.....Gritty performance from the kid......

Thought he was 3-0 down by then though and the sad thing is he needn't have been....

Frampton wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth....

Bit like Leonard couldn't believe his luck when Hagler came out boxing orthodox....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 10:36 pm

You try to be smart mate. Bit of advice. Try harder!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 28 Feb 2016, 11:12 pm

I thought they looked really silly (again) when Framps came out to that roar, shown there was no real issue with the tickets and must admit I did wonder if maybe he had taken Quiggs tickets too Smile.

Gutted for Quiggy but Frampton was far too smart and just completely controlled the first 6 rounds. Too much for Quigg to do after that but he'll come again and maybe we can have it all again some day.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4