The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton v Quigg - Fight Night

+36
EX7EY
Rodney
tunes666
Derbymanc
Nico the gman
mobilemaster8
RanjitPatel
ONETWOFOREVER
Happytravelling
djlovesyou
Hammersmith harrier
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Lance
aja424
owen10ozzy
wheelchair1991
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
JohnPrescottsJab
catchweight
B.A. BARACUS
Baby faced assassin
Jermaine2015
Good Golly I'm Olly
Coxy001
Scottrf
Pedro147
Steffan
ShahenshahG
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
Dipper Brown
AdamT
hazharrison
Rowley
TheMarvelousOne
40 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Frampton v Quigg - Fight Night - Page 5 Empty Frampton v Quigg - Fight Night

Post by TheMarvelousOne Sat 27 Feb 2016, 8:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Amazed there is no dedicated thread for this fight!

Where is everyone watching it? Im at home, beer at the moment then onto the vino with a curry on standby.

Who have you got to win? Always thought Frampton would win this but have seen a calmness in Quigg this week that exudes extreme confidence. Frampton on the other hand has seemed tetchy at the press conference and weigh-in and seems to have used up too much energy in trying to get under Team Quiggs skin.

TheMarvelousOne

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Quigg - Fight Night - Page 5 Empty Re: Frampton v Quigg - Fight Night

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:13 am

The biggest problem with Quigg starting slowly is that his power is never a factor in the second half of a fight, the majority of his knockouts seem to happen in the first 5/6 rounds, was an almost identical gameplan to the Salinas fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Quigg - Fight Night - Page 5 Empty Re: Frampton v Quigg - Fight Night

Post by Steffan Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:15 am

Poor fight in general. Not a bad final four rounds

Lee Selby beats both Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:16 am

Quigg comes off a career high before the fight. Carl comes off his worst and still won. Only one winner in a rematch at Belfast.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:17 am

Hearn just claimed Quigg has a broken jaw

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:17 am

Always a Frampton fan and thought result fair. Just happy Joe Gallagher lost, I really despise him. But Quigg showed class in defeat and a rematch would be interesting. Think Quigg struggled with distance in first half of fight and that’s where it was lost.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:19 am

Neither of them landed much in first six

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:19 am

Jermaine2015 wrote:Hearn just claimed Quigg has a broken jaw

Quigg said it after fight. Said he thought Frampton broke his jaw (round 4 or 5) and he took a round off to assess the damage.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:20 am

Rigo slaps both silly.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:20 am

Herman Jaeger wrote:Neither of them landed much in first six

Had Frampton 4-1 up after 6 with R1 a draw.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:21 am

Rigo doesn't really slap anyone silly Adam.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:21 am

'This is where Quiggs reputation for being a dumb fighter kicks in. Supposed to be the Superman of fitness and condition but again, does literally nothing for 6 rounds to press this advantage.'

Not sure this is the brightest comment. The way it seemed to me, the Quigg corner thought their game plan was that he had superior fitness and push in the latter half of the fight. They were right, Frampton looked knackered and weak in the last 4 rounds.

The flaw to their plan was pretty much conceding all 6 of the first 6 and only stepping up from round 7 onward, assuming they'd win all of the last 6. Stupid. Like you can guarantee winning the last 6.

Should have pressed earlier. It didn't look like Frampton had the one punch ko power to warrant such conservatism.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:22 am

Frampton nicked the fight in first six I e no problem with the verdict but Frampton didn't land much in first six either

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:22 am

I think Frampton easily wins rematch..the better boxer will almost always win and a 2nd time round you'd imagine the man with the better brain will do even better. For me the key was that on the night only one man was left looking silly numerous times throughout and that was Quigg. Given his height and reach he had no ability to close the distance whenever Frampton wanted that to be the case; the 7th round was telling when Quigg upped the gears and pushed Frampton back...almost every time Carl covered up, turned him and landed the better combinations on the way out.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:24 am

Sure back you Quigg in the rematch Mr Hammer. See how that does you.

Rigo outpoints both easy is what I meant.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:25 am

Thought the heavier punches came from Quigg in second half

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:26 am

I agree he would win easier. Quigg had his chance. Frampton outboxes him easier. I was wrong on my prediction of being easy, but I backed the right horse.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:26 am

Happytravelling wrote:'This is where Quiggs reputation for being a dumb fighter kicks in. Supposed to be the Superman of fitness and condition but again, does literally nothing for 6 rounds to press this advantage.'

Not sure this is the brightest comment. The way it seemed to me, the Quigg corner thought their game plan was that he had superior fitness and push in the latter half of the fight. They were right, Frampton looked knackered and weak in the last 4 rounds.

The flaw to their plan was pretty much conceding all 6 of the first 6 and only stepping up from round 7 onward, assuming they'd win all of the last 6. Stupid. Like you can guarantee winning the last 6.

Should have pressed earlier. It didn't look like Frampton had the one punch ko power to warrant such conservatism.

They were wrong, they lost they fight and Frampton probably won the last round (or deserved to).

He did nothing in the first 6 rounds to tire Frampton out at all. Didnt throw, didnt exert pressure. Nothing. If he had great stamina he could have set the tempo and Frampton might really have struggled in the second half. He let Frampton settle into a rythm and collect the rounds.

Quigg is probably fitter and stronger than frampton. Fat lot of good it does if he only boxes for 5 rounds.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:28 am

AdamT wrote:Sure back you Quigg in the rematch Mr Hammer. See how that does you.

Rigo outpoints both easy is what I meant.

I don't have a vested interest in either of them so it will do me fine regardless of who wins, if Quigg ups his workrate earlier or presses the action from the start I see no reason why he couldn't win a rematch.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:28 am

Ok

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:30 am

Your childishness probably can't comprehend something like that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:30 am

Quigg said his jaw was gone in the post fight interview

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:30 am

You're a t..t. Pity you didn't take that bet you wee bullying loser.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:31 am

Is there a sport that tends to disappoint more often than boxing?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:32 am

AdamT wrote:You're a t..t. Pity you didn't take that bet you wee bullying loser.

Grow up FFS.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:32 am

Has made a fool out of you. He knew who would win, as did I. I might be childish, but least I'm not a wee coward. Good night hammer, or Florence, or whatever your name is. Loser!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:33 am

Hammersmith is just sore. Go easy on him. He was desperate for a Quigg win. He thought the Frampton that fought Gonzales was the REAL Frampton.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:34 am

AdamT wrote:Has made a fool out of you. He knew who would win, as did I. I might be childish, but least I'm not a wee coward. Good night hammer, or Florence, or whatever your name is. Loser!!

How has Frampton made a fool out of me or anyone for that matter, he won deservedly won a turgid fight, was hardly the one sided masterclass you were proclaiming it would be, is mummy still up to tuck you in?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:40 am

I have a wife and a baby son. My mum lives a mile down the street. Tough talk behind a keyboard freak.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:44 am

He might want the dummy back that you're currently spitting out, really well done for backing the right horse in a two horse race, you must be an oracle of knowledge. Idiots like you put people of certain boxers, I have no issues with Frampton and he did what he had to do to win but you're such a tw*t you almost want him to lose just because of you.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:45 am

Sounds like someone is losing it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:48 am

Ouch. The Hardman attacks again. I'm so glad I don't know who you are, or I would be real scared in real life. Such a tough persona.

Hammer do yourself a favour mate. Take your oil and your own advice, GROW the f..k up. Also lighten up. Life can be fun sometimes. It isn't all graveyards and death metal. Chill!!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:51 am

AdamT wrote:Ouch. The Hardman attacks again. I'm so glad I don't know who you are, or I would be real scared in real life. Such a tough persona.

Hammer do yourself a favour mate. Take your oil and your own advice, GROW the f..k up. Also lighten up. Life can be fun sometimes. It isn't all graveyards and death metal. Chill!!

Genuinely think you're a bit thick but I suppose you're getting the attention you so desperately crave.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:52 am

Naw man. You just cracked yet again. It Is you that is actually thick.

Good nite sweet prince! Love you long time!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:01 am

You could make a case for a 12 nil Frampton win in that fight. Easy. Quigg was awful and outclassed. Shame because he seems a good lad. Couldn't have happened to a bigger slimy knob in Hearn tho.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:06 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He might want the dummy back that you're currently spitting out, really well done for backing the right horse in a two horse race, you must be an oracle of knowledge. Idiots like you put people of certain boxers, I have no issues with Frampton and he did what he had to do to win but you're such a tw*t you almost want him to lose just because of you.

That's two bets you've backed out of (and lost). Maybe you'll need to start posting with more humility? Shame you didn't take up my offer (for all of us).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:08 am

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:He might want the dummy back that you're currently spitting out, really well done for backing the right horse in a two horse race, you must be an oracle of knowledge. Idiots like you put people of certain boxers, I have no issues with Frampton and he did what he had to do to win but you're such a tw*t you almost want him to lose just because of you.

That's two bets you've backed out of (and lost). Maybe you'll need to start posting with more humility? Shame you didn't take up my offer (for all of us).

You've never got a fight prediction wrong then I presume?

I'll explain this in very plain English so you may understand but doubtful you will, if I wished to stop posting on this forum I would just stop, I have need to enter into playground antics of 'betting' on the outcome of a fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:10 am

Its more fun watching him seeth and simmer around the place in bitterness making a boobie out of himself to be fair. One of the miserable blokes that makes you feel glad you are not them, however bad your day is or however disappointing a fight is.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:16 am

Frampton definitely had a few tough moments, Quigg was never really in any trouble

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:25 am

I would make Frampton a slightly shorter favourite in a rematch (especially in Belfast). I think he proved he was more skillful and smarter in the ring (as he said all along). Quigg still ver much a live underdog though. I think both fighters were able to withstand each other shots better than they anticipated. I dont think an immediate rematch is warranted though and Hearn and Gallaghers behaviour might have burned that bridge unless they come cap in hand.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:29 am

I think they should do it again without wishing to appear contrary. It was close enough for me with Quigg clearly winning the second half. Frampton salvaged it with the last round

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:31 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

You've never got a fight prediction wrong then I presume?

I'll explain this in very plain English so you may understand but doubtful you will, if I wished to stop posting on this forum I would just stop, I have need to enter into playground antics of 'betting' on the outcome of a fight.

Ha ha! Hopefully you'll be a bit more humble considering your lack of insight. We can hope for that at least.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:38 am

I would take a rematch over them both going off for a generic next opponent but would prefer Frampton to kick on to a bigger fight now.

Im not sure where Quigg goes from here. Jamie McDonnell maybe. But his options are much more limited now without the ability to headline fights and without a world title. Hes a good fighter though, so I hope he doesnt drift back into obscurity being used as an undercard filler by Matchroom.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Feb 2016, 2:00 am

SD I think Barry should do the right thing and grant him a rematch

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Feb 2016, 2:19 am

You're giving Carl the first six rounds just for keeping his distance really but he didn't dominate.

Dominating is landing shots surely?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Feb 2016, 2:29 am

I think sd with Carl finishing the stronger Barry can move on, but sd with Squid finishing the stronger, rematch is fully justified

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 28 Feb 2016, 2:40 am

I'll say this also, I think the Quigg rematch is an easier fight for Barry than Santa Cruz.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 28 Feb 2016, 8:31 am

I think Frampton will be off to featherweight. Hoping he fights Shingo Wake in Belfast before heading off to the States to face LSC, Mares etc.

I could see Quigg fighting McDonnell for a vacant belt of some denomination. Or maybe they should go all in on a Rigo fight?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 8:38 am

Well that was pretty dull.

I did see it going that way with Frampton just Outboxing him but thought he would get hit.

Fair play, he stuck to a game plan and in my book won 117-111 pretty wide UD with Quigg pretty much losing it himself by doing nothing in the first 5-6 rounds!

Don't think it warrants a rematch with how poor Quigg actually was. Don't know if it was an off night or Frampton was just the better boxer.

I'd like to see Farmpton vs Rigo now.

I'd also like Scott to fight LSC.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun 28 Feb 2016, 8:57 am

Just woken up and reading the reports/interviews, didn't stay up for them as bad been on it since 2 for the 6N. Had a big beer bet on Frampton by pts, having been swaying towards Quigg for ages.

Fancy a rematch will happen. There is no clause but it's the biggest earner for Frampton and there's a verbal agreement that if the first fight was good they'd do it again in Belfast. Now not saying it was good as a whole but the last 5 were fun, quite what Quigg was doing for the first 6 I have no idea.

Biggest money fight out there. Will probably happen later this year after Frampton loses against LSC

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 28 Feb 2016, 9:45 am

Anybody really want to see a rematch after that? Not this punter.

Both fighters disappointing for different reasons... Quigg for his execution of another inspired Gallagher game plan. Frampton for his inability to really land clean. He looked faster and sharper but was never really able to actually make it count. It felt like quigg gave it away more than frampton won it.

Frampton found a second wind in the 12th but he looked lethargic and his punches lacked snap in the second half of the fight.

Maybe he's tight at the weight, but he's not the biggest guy..it's hard to see him matching up physically at feather. I previously liked him against lsc, but not anymore and not at feather.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next