The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main event at Wrestlemania (participants/ish)

+5
Marky
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Samo
RanjitPatel
9 posters

Go down

Main event at Wrestlemania (participants/ish) Empty Main event at Wrestlemania (participants/ish)

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 10 Mar 2016, 2:53 pm

I've got to say I'd like to see him in the main event but the only way I can see them doing it is the Daniel Bryan way from 2 years ago although that's too Daniel Bryan like.
I just wanted to see if people wanted him in the main event or leave the matches as they are. How do they get him there?

Should/will he beat HHH this weekend? What happens to Lesnar if Ambrose was to win?

I really don't know so I think they'll have HHH retain and carry on with the matches that are already set. The tease that it all could change is what's interesting here and it may feel like a bit of a let down if Ambrose doesn't find his way to the ME.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Main event at Wrestlemania (participants/ish) Empty Re: Main event at Wrestlemania (participants/ish)

Post by Samo Thu 10 Mar 2016, 8:50 pm

HHH will retain. I wish he wont but he will. Worst case is he wins clean but I suspect Lesnar will interfere.

Best case - Ambrose wins and we end up with a Fatal Four Way at Mania. Only downside is we lose Ambrose vs Lesnar one on one which will be a great match.

Theres a lot of ways this can go, but im afraid when push comes to shove WWE are going to stick to their guns and HHH wins and the matches stay the same.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Main event at Wrestlemania (participants/ish) Empty Re: Main event at Wrestlemania (participants/ish)

Post by Fernando Thu 10 Mar 2016, 8:54 pm

HHH will win but atleast they have the option to change it. Just have Bray & family batter Lesnar post match and put him through the announcers table.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 10 Mar 2016, 9:07 pm

Not a fan of the fatal four way idea at all. Weakens the card significantly for less quality than the two matches.

Not eager to see Ambrose as champ either.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 10 Mar 2016, 9:13 pm

It'll be an interesting Wrestlemania tbh. If it stays as HHH vs Reigns i doubt their will still be 100,000 people in the stadium by the time that match finishes....I suspect if they are it'll be just to sh*t all over it like Smarks do.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:19 am

Won't happen, but one way they could save Wrestlemania is to make HHH v Reigns earlier in the night and have Shane v Taker Hell in a Cell the main event. People would stay til the end for a match with a lot more unpredictability and arguably more on the line (based on Control of WWE > the WWE Title)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 11 Mar 2016, 9:53 am

Don't mind the idea of someone else going on last but can't see it happening. If Reigns is scheduled to main event the next 2/3 wrestlemanias as had been reported, then putting him anywhere but last wouldn't make him look the star that he needs to look to warrant consecutive main events.

I too think it hurts the card to make it a fatal 4 way or move Ambrose but something needs to happen or the fans will ruin it.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 11 Mar 2016, 8:10 pm

WWE.com on Ambrose winning at Roadblock: "Of course, if that’s the case, Ambrose’s No Holds Barred Street Fight with Brock Lesnar now gets a championship match stipulation"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 11 Mar 2016, 11:21 pm

I'd prefer that to be honest.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 12 Mar 2016, 12:36 am

I'm largely ambivalent as to who wins the match tomorrow, I like all 4 guys to a greater or lesser extent and am interested in both matches, plus the WWE title is very much just a shiney prop to me at this stage so whatever match it's on is whatever

From a booking perspective it could be interesting if WWE were to pull the trigger on Ambrose and go all the way with him, have him win the title and then beat Brock at mania, like I said it makes no difference to me in terms of my enjoyment of Mania, but it's clear that the Reigns experiment has failed, who's fault that is, is up for debate but by all measurable standards the guy hasn't clicked on the level WWE want him at, contrast Ambrose, who whatever anyone says is having the year of his life so far he's been outstanding since the Rumble, who is over as a babyface, obviously he has the rabid smark following but is clearly over with the casual fans as well, as evidenced by the fact he can get crowds to boo HHH in their interactions

It'd be a ballsy move by WWE and one that I'm 99% sure they won't take but if their desperate to make a new young star, why not instead of twisting and turning trying to minimise the bad reactions for Reigns just get the guy that's hot right now, push him to the moon and let the chips fall where they may

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 18 Mar 2016, 10:13 pm

Anyone know how far off fitness Rollins is?

I'm just thinking that a way to turn the boos to cheers in the main event could be a Shield reunion type run in (or limp/walk depending on Rollins recovery) to aid Reigns.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 19 Mar 2016, 12:28 am

I think if they keep booking Reigns the way they did ON RAW they should be ok. They need to keep him peed off at the way he was effectively screwed out of the title, instead of the usual 'laugh it off' he was before.

They never finished the Rollins/Authority angle so i've no doubt they'll continue it when he's fit, culminating in a match vs HHH, probably at Summerslam.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 22 Mar 2016, 12:54 pm

Does anyone else see wrestlers coming in to help Shane v taker?
I have images of the glass shattering and stone cold marches his way down to the ring with a chair, smacks taker and celebrates with some beers with Shane, there by sticking it to Vince one final time.
The reason I think this could happen is there has been no talk of what stone cold is doing at mania but will be involved in some capacity.
Only draw back would be why would stone cold screw taker?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Tue 22 Mar 2016, 1:07 pm

MetalMotty wrote:Does anyone else see wrestlers coming in to help Shane v taker?
I have images of the glass shattering and stone cold marches his way down to the ring with a chair, smacks taker and celebrates with some beers with Shane, there by sticking it to Vince one final time.
The reason I think this could happen is there has been no talk of what stone cold is doing at mania but will be involved in some capacity.
Only draw back would be why would stone cold screw taker?

Also bear in mind that Rollins has gone quiet and also Sting has come out publically to say he hasn't retired yet

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 22 Mar 2016, 1:34 pm

I think I said this on another thread, I think it's a great way to introduce the Balor Club, they can come and help Shane and have a demon entrance worthy of Wrestlemania.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down