The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

+13
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Corporalhumblebucket
king_carlos
James100
thegooch7
kingdaveeagle
alfie
Jetty
SimonofSurrey
chichestersurryfan
JDizzle
jimbohammers
Strings Philander
17 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread Empty Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

Post by king_carlos Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:21 pm

Club captain: Gareth Batty

First team squad for 2016 summer

Batsmen: Rory Burns, Arun Harinath, Dominic Sibley, Kumar Sangakarra (overseas), Aaron Finch (cover for Sangakarra during CPL)

Wicket-keepers: Ben Foakes, Gary Wilson, Steve Davies

All-rounders: Zafar Ansari, James Burke, Aneesh Kapil, Azhar Mahmood (British passport - T20 only), Dwayne Bravo (T20 only), Chris Morris (cover for Dwayne Bravo during CPl - T20 only)

Seamers: Tom Curran, Sam Curran, Jade Dernbach, Matt Dunn, Mark Footitt, Stuart Meaker, Connor McKerr (UK passport), Matthew Philans (UK Passport), Ravi Rampaul (Kolpak)

Spinners: Gareth Batty, Freddie van den Bergh

CC division 1 fixtures

Sunday April 10 - Nottinghamshire - Trent Bridge
Sunday April 24 - Somerset - The Oval
Sunday May 1 - Durham - The Oval
Sunday May 8 - Yorkshire - Headingley
Sunday May 15 - Middlesex - The Oval
Sunday May 22 - Lancashire - Old Trafford
Saturday May 28 - Somerset - The County Ground, Taunton
Sunday June 19 - Nottinghamshire - The Oval
Saturday July 2 - Warwickshire - Guildford CC
Monday July 11 - Yorkshire - The Oval
Sunday July 17 - Hampshire - The Ageas Bowl
Thursday August 4 - Middlesex - Lord's Cricket Ground
Saturday August 13 - Warwickshire - Edgbaston
Tuesday August 23 - Lancashire - The Oval
Tuesday September 6 - Hampshire - The Oval
Monday September 12 - Durham - Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street

T20 Blast fixtures

Friday May 20 - Essex - Chelmsford
Thursday May 26 - Glamorgan - The Oval
Friday June 3 - Sussex - The County Cricket Ground, Hove
Thursday June 9 - Hampshire - The Oval
Friday June 10 - Somerset - The County Ground, Taunton
Friday June 17 - Middlesex - The Oval
Friday June 24 - Glamorgan - Sophia Gardens
Saturday June 25 - Essex - The Oval
Wednesday July 6 - Gloucestershire - Nevil Road
Friday July 8 - Somerset - The Oval
Friday July 15 - Kent - The Nevill Ground
Thursday July 21 - Middlesex - Lord's Cricket Ground
Friday July 22 - Sussex - The Oval
Friday July 29 - Kent - The Oval

Royal London One Day Cup Fixtures

Sunday June 5 - Kent - Beckenham, Worsley Bridge Road
Wednesday June 8 - Somerset - The Oval
Tuesday June 14 - Sussex - Guildford CC
Wednesday June 15 - Hampshire - The Ageas Bowl
Sunday July 24 - Essex - Chelmsford
Wednesday July 27 - Gloucestershire - The Oval
Monday August 1 - Glamorgan - The Oval
Tuesday August 2 - Middlesex - Lord's Cricket Ground

Departures from 2015: Tim Linley (RET), Vikram Solanki (RET - now 2nd XI captain), Kevin Pietersen (has announced he won't be playing county cricket in 2016), David Balcombe (RET)

Arrivals for 2016: Mark Footitt (Derbyshire), Conor McKerr (UK passport), Mathew Philans (UK passport), Ravi Rampaul (KPK), Aaron Finch (cover for Sangakarra during CPL), Dwayne Bravo (T20 only), Chris Morris (cover for Bravo during CPL - T20 only)

The other big news to report is of course the departure of former head coach Graham Ford to return to the Sri Lanka set-up as head coach with Michael Di Venuto, the long time Durham batsmen and more recently Australia batting coach, coming in as his replacement.

Director of Cricket: Alec Stewart
Head coach: Michael Di Venuto

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread Empty Re: Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

Post by king_carlos Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:25 pm

As discussed I've tried to get as much of the squad, fixture and departure/arrivals info in there as possible ahead of the season. I'm sure I've missed some stuff so please feel free to offer correction/additions where needed.

Other than that I can only offer a genuinely optimistic welcome to the 2016 summer from a Surrey perspective and hope that all our 606v2 county cricket fans have had an enjoyable winter away and are looking forward to another summer of cricket.

All the best for the summer gents. OK OK Bubbly Fingers Crossed

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread Empty Re: Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread

Post by Strings Philander Fri 08 Apr 2016, 7:32 pm

Great work King Carlos.

If I stick round here I'll become a Surrey fan before long I think Laugh

Good luck for the Summer. It's an exciting one!

Strings Philander

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 08 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm

Yep, excellent stuff. Many thanks, Carlos.

If only to show I've read it, the only extra anorak detail I could think of was Tremlett having also retired last year.

JimBob - as long as you're happy to do so, please keep the individual match threads coming. They should be great companion pieces to this new thread, thanks.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Apr 2016, 9:22 pm

Top work Carlos - here's to a good season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 09 Apr 2016, 11:21 am

Rory Burns named vice captain

Squad for Notts game is

Burns, Harinath, Sanga, Davies, Roy, Foakes, Wilson, Batty, T Curran, S Curran, Footitt, Dunn and Rampaul

Expecting Wilson and Rampaul to be left out of the XI
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:17 pm

On his return today for the seconds in a 2 day friendly away to Sussex, Zaf scored 25 off 70 odd deliveries. Seems encouraging.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 8:04 pm

Zaf finishes the day with 1/18 from a dozen overs. Better than any other Surrey slow bowler this week.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 13 Apr 2016, 8:52 pm

I could understand the logic behind Norah being selected at the start of the Notts game, he has been a very good captain for us and despite being derided for bowling himself very late on in innings (and often not at all in the first), he has took valuable second innings wickets on many occasions last season. Plus of course he is an experienced head in an inexperienced side.

However, I can't help but feel that his lack of presence in the game as a bowler at Trent Bridge had a knock on effect of him struggling to assert himself as skipper. Judging by the commentary he was more passive than usual and failed to take the initiative when his bowlers were struggling on day 1. Add to that the strange decision not to back Sam Curran today and it wasn't a good few days at the office for a bloke who's been so reliable for Surrey.

If he isn't going to have a place as a bowler in these early season matches then I fear that his captaincy will also suffer. It's very tough for a captain to assert his plans on a game which he isn't really a part of as a player. As such I wouldn't be surprised if Zaf came straight in for Norah to extend the batting order whilst keeping a spin option against Somerset. If so I'd also like to see Roy move down to 6 with either/or from Ansari/Foakes coming in at 5 with the other at 7.

Given Burns is vice-captain it would be especially pertinent to do this whilst Sanga is still here to offer a guiding hand. Were Sanga to be away for the CPL and Norah/Harold not selected then Third Degree would be under severe pressure if he took on the captaincy for a CC game.

1.Third Degree
2.Baron
3.Sanga
4.Interesting
5.Zaf
6.Le Roi
7.That's All (wk)
8.Pitt the toddler
9.Pitt the younger
10.Ravioli
11.Footitt

If Curran jnr jnr is away for exams then Dunn would come in with a slight reshuffle down the order.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 13 Apr 2016, 9:44 pm

Good and interesting post, Carlos.

My worry is that for the next game Zaf will be a straight replacement for Sam. Why might that happen? Well, it gets Zaf back in the eleven and doesn't disrupt the captaincy situation. Sam's also likely to be unavailable anyway due to school.

However, imo, that makes the bowling lineup inappropriate for normal April conditions with the likely consequence that Batty will bowl even less than he did at Trent Bridge.

My likely approach?
Replace Batty with Zaf. Burns to skipper with the guiding hand - as you wisely suggest - from Sanga.
Retain Sam if he is available. If not, replace him with Burke (as number 8 and 4th seamer).
My other seamers are Tom plus two of Rampaul, Footitt and Dunn depending on net performance etc.

Re your side with Sam unavailable - this isn't a reason for an out and out NO WAY from me but I'm not too keen on Rampaul, Dunn and Footitt at 9, 10, Jack.

Last edited by guildfordbat on Wed 13 Apr 2016, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got my Sams and Toms muddled!)

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Mon 18 Apr 2016, 11:15 am

https://mobile.crichq.com/#matches/371927

2nd XI game in progress. Thought this might interest you guys

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:48 pm

Thanks, Jimbo.  It's also a reminder that Kapil has been quite a good performer for us in the seconds for a little while now.  His bowling hasn't come along (possibly due to injury), but he is a viable alternative to Sibley when we need to replace any of the batsmen who played against Notts. (The current Div one match pretty painful for Hants atm! Shocked )

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 18 Apr 2016, 1:02 pm

Interesting that Zaf hasn't opened
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 18 Apr 2016, 1:22 pm

jimbohammers wrote:https://mobile.crichq.com/#matches/371927

2nd XI game in progress. Thought this might interest you guys

Cheers, Jimbo - this might be the best go to place for you if looking for a Hants win this week! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Mon 18 Apr 2016, 1:55 pm

You're not wrong their Guildford Haha

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:29 pm

Surrey seconds having a good day. 400/4 declared. Bradley Erasmus 136*, Gary Wilson 92 and Ollie Pope 64* leading the way. Sibley, Kapil and Burke all scored around 30.

Hants 10/2 in reply. Both the openers bowled by Matt Dunn.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 18 Apr 2016, 5:36 pm

Hants now 18/4. Dunn's got 'em all!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 18 Apr 2016, 6:13 pm

What's the situation with the Burger Van this summer guys? He is still under contract from what I remember, but would assume he is behind at least Zaf and Batty in the pecking order.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Mon 18 Apr 2016, 6:24 pm

just caught up this this thread... very helpful! as a complete aside... judging by the weather forecast next week, players are going to need thermals and extra thick sweaters.... as for the spectators... I'd imagine up north, there may be a real risk of snow stopping play! its going to be more like.... Surrey CCC 2016 summer discussion thread 3181402168 weather wise!

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 18 Apr 2016, 6:51 pm

A medieval sounding alliance between Erasmus and the Pope did well for Surrey 2nd XI today - they put on an unbeaten 167 together in a total of 400 -4 dec.  Earlier Harold Wilson hit 96.  "John" Dunn then took 5 - 18 and "Edmund" Burke 2 -14 as Hants struggled to 45 -7.  Looks like Dunn  Wink  wants to muscle in on first team duties!

Looks like a cracking historical team Surrey are developing. Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 18 Apr 2016, 7:24 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:A medieval sounding alliance between Erasmus and the Pope did well for Surrey 2nd XI today - they put on an unbeaten 167 together in a total of 400 -4 dec.  Earlier Harold Wilson hit 96.  Dunn then took 5 - 18 and Burke 2 -14 as Hants struggled to 45 -7.  Looks like "John" Dunn  Wink  wants to muscle in on first team duties!

Corporal - and the mighty Chichester muscling in on your weather forecasting duties! Very Happy

JD - thought you would be concerned about the Burger Van Wink . He missed the start of the season due to a thumb injury he got playing abroad (? Australia) during our winter. However, believe he's ok now and involved in the current seconds' game. Agree he's some way behind Batty and Ansari in the pecking order - unless one of them gets crocked or Ansari gets an England call up, hard to see him getting much of a go in the firsts. He's now at the start of a new 2 year contract so still has some time but reckon it might be best for all if he can go on loan to a Div 2 county this summer.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:21 pm

Burke and Dunn both having very impressive games in the 2's

And Zaf will get a chance at a long bowl tomorrow too (weather permitting)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 20 Apr 2016, 1:43 am

does anyone know why ravioli and the burger van weren't in the squad photo?

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 20 Apr 2016, 11:33 am

[quote="jimbobgooner"]does anyone know why ravioli and the burger van weren't in the squad photo?  [/quote
Presume burger van was doing business and they didn't have a lense wide enough for Rampaul
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 20 Apr 2016, 12:02 pm

Laugh I was wondering what the joke about Rampaul was going to be!

Burger Van has been having medical treatment for his thumb (caught in the chip fryer? Wink ) - maybe he was at the docs. Wouldn't be overly concerned, JimBob.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 21 Apr 2016, 3:08 am

you guys Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu 21 Apr 2016, 4:09 pm

We appear to have serious strength in depth in the bowling department: good to see 3rd-6th change bowlers coming up with eight 4th innings wickets to win us the match!

Who is Virdi* who took 5 (*surely only a matter of time before he gets referred to on these boards as 'Watchthe'?)

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 21 Apr 2016, 10:36 pm

Simon - I understand 'Watchthe' is Guramar (known as Amar) Virdi, a 17 year old Academy and Sunbury slow bowler. Best I can do.

Meanwhile, at Surrey's AGM this evening, Stewie said that a 14 man squad would be named for the Somerset game. I took that to mean that Zafar would be included.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 22 Apr 2016, 8:53 am

Per Spills this morning - Rampaul is a doubt for the Somerset match having injured his ankle by standing on a cricket ball! Dunn and Pillans are on stand by.

Spills also confirms my view that Ansari will be in the squad and speculates he could replace Batty which would certainly please Olly - Spills doesn't say the last bit about Olly! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 22 Apr 2016, 9:18 am

A Rampaul injury and Zaf coming in for Batty?

It's too good to be true Guildford!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 22 Apr 2016, 2:58 pm

I'm sure Jimbob is poised to leap into action!

I guess it may take Ansari a few matches before he's pressing for England selection again. Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 23 Apr 2016, 3:12 am

Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:19 am

According to Richard Spiller in the Surrey Ad, Mark Footitt is having a scan today (Friday) on his side / abdominal injury. It is feared he will ''miss a substantial chunk of Surrey's campaign''.

Spills quotes Alec Stewart: ''It would be a big blow to lose the services of our strike bowler but we're waiting for the scan before we can really say what the prognosis will be.'' Later in the report, Stewie is further quoted: ''It's frustrating but fast bowlers get injured and that's why we brought in three.'' [I make it four - Footitt, Ravi Rampaul, Mat Pilans and Conor McKerr. I'm not sure what the score is with teenager McKerr - he hasn't even played for the seconds yet.]

Pilans or Matt Dunn are expected to replace Footitt for the match against Durham starting at the Oval on Sunday.

Meanwhile, Surrey's second team take on Glamorgan at Guildford in a Championship three day game from Tuesday.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 29 Apr 2016, 9:21 am

A huge shame if the prognosis is as bad as feared for Footitt

Not off to the greatest of starts, but had an outside shout of an England call up this season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 05 May 2016, 7:32 pm

JimBob often says I'm ''itk'' even though I'm normally not!   Smile

Just for once however, I might be - coincidentally after spending a couple of hours down the road watching Surrey seconds along with the very great and the good. Wink Here's my understanding.

Zaf - latest injury not thought as bad as first feared but still a major doubt for the Yorks game.
Rampaul - should be ok for Yorks.
Burke - he's now considered match fit [I didn't know he hadn't been] and likely to be in the squad for Yorks.
Meaker - will play for the seconds next week.
Dernbach - should be playing again late May.
Footitt - out for the foreseeable future.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 05 May 2016, 9:15 pm

Thanks for the update Guildford.

It's worth mentioning re Burke that while his batting has been good so far for the seconds, he is another bowler who often goes for quite a few.  In the match finished today against Glam 2nds Burke's bowling figures were 13 overs 1-54 and 7 overs 0-74.  Can see Bairstow and Plunkett hitting Burke for about 24 an over! Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 05 May 2016, 9:45 pm

Evening Corporal - no problem. That's a good point re Burke. Whilst I like him and believe he could offer a useful balance to the side, it's important we don't go OTT and set him and us up for a fall! As a bowler, he's the 4th seamer in my book.

He actually opened the bowling today. His first delivery beat the Glamorgan opener comprehensively, cannoned into his pads and an enthusiastic appeal was shouted by bowler, keeper and slips ... only to fade away as the umpire called no ball! And, yes, the batsman went on to score a century. Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 05 May 2016, 9:52 pm

Burke chipped in with vital wickets as the 4th seamer last year and made useful runs. For a few games I think he would do a fine job.

Shame to hear the news about Footitt - side strain it sounded like, which will be tough to overcome properly all summer really.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetty Sat 07 May 2016, 2:11 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Burke chipped in with vital wickets as the 4th seamer last year and made useful runs. For a few games I think he would do a fine job.

Shame to hear the news about Footitt - side strain it sounded like, which will be tough to overcome properly all summer really.

They say Footitt will be out for 2 months.

Jetty

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 07 May 2016, 9:05 am

Jetty wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:...

Hi Jetty - Some might although Surrey aren't banking on even that.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetty Sun 08 May 2016, 1:28 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Jetty wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:...

Hi Jetty - Some might although Surrey aren't banking on even that.

I am a Lancs supporter but I really like the players in the Surrey team and I will be hoping that they win as much as possible. My favourites are the Currans and Ansari. I think that Surrey have the strongest batting side out of all the divisions. Smile

Jetty

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 08 May 2016, 10:03 pm

Jetty wrote:
I am a Lancs supporter but I really like the players in the Surrey team and I will be hoping that they win as much as possible. My favourites are the Currans and Ansari. I think that Surrey have the strongest batting side out of all the divisions. Smile

Hi Jetty - that's encouraging. thumbsup The Currans and Ansari have all certainly got talent; it'll be interesting to see how they cope with the extra demands of Division One.

Something I really like about Ansari is how he adapts his approach between different cricket formats and the circumstances of each game.

As for the batting, the top 6 or 7 are very strong but we don't have much of a tail. That shouldn't matter if the guys up top hit form but they don't always ... as today!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 08 May 2016, 10:17 pm

Itk, eh JimBob?! Wink

Pleased to see that Meaker definitely plays for the seconds in their 3 dayer against MCC Young Cricketers starting tomorrow.

Think James and Olly were asking about Meaks the other day. On his day, he's a very fast and effective seamer. More suited to the 4 day game than limited overs although he's played a couple of ODIs. Unfortunately, he's suffered from several injuries and a lack of accuracy in recent seasons. By all accounts, he was well on the way over the winter just gone to getting back to his best, only to be unfortunately struck down recently. Hopefully, he can come back well now.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 09 May 2016, 1:25 am

guildfordbat wrote:Itk, eh JimBob?! Wink

Pleased to see that Meaker definitely plays for the seconds in their 3 dayer against MCC Young Cricketers starting tomorrow.

Think James and Olly were asking about Meaks the other day. On his day, he's a very fast and effective seamer. More suited to the 4 day game than limited overs although he's played a couple of ODIs. Unfortunately, he's suffered from several injuries and a lack of accuracy in recent seasons. By all accounts, he was well on the way over the winter just gone to getting back to his best, only to be unfortunately struck down recently. Hopefully, he can come back well now.
notworthy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 12 May 2016, 9:00 am

This is just a gut feeling (I'm not itk on this at all, ok JimBob?! Wink ) but I wouldn't be surprised to see Sibley included in the squad for the Middlesex game. He scored runs for the seconds last week and Stewie/MDV probably want to fire a shot across the bows of the other batsmen.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 12 May 2016, 2:11 pm

You fellows are getting a bit of an injury list , I'm afraid.

Footitt gone for some time and now it seems Ansari is out for a while... he has been unlucky with the timing of his injuries with England spin bowling positions at least a little open at present ; hope he isn't going to be one of those accident prone players...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 12 May 2016, 2:14 pm

good shout that guildford see that he opened the bowling in the second XI today. i could see him coming in for burke.think burns and harinath might be safe for at least middlesex

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 12 May 2016, 2:57 pm

It will be interesting to see if Clive is retained in the squad for Middlesex. He is really lacking his usual bite since coming back and I can't help but think he might be better off regaining that away from the 1st team. Mathew Pillans took wickets against the MCC YC and is meant to have a bit a pace so he could be favoured.

If Zaf is back then Middlesex will surely be a game that Norah misses out on as well. The pressure is mounting and if they want to leave him out then the sensible move would be to do so whilst Sangakarra is here to help guide Third Degree, who I guess would be skipper in Norahs presence given he is the vice-captain.

1.Third Degree (c)
2.Baron
3.Sanga
4.Interesting
5.Le Roi
6.Hashtag
7.That's All (wk)
8.Pitt the younger
9.Meaker
10.Ravioli
11.Pillans

A 4 man seam attack is need at this time of year and with Burke not realistically a top 7 batsmen I think MDV will be forced to leave his skipper out at this stage.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 12 May 2016, 3:02 pm

sadly zaf will be missing for the foreseeable future carlos Sad the website is reporting

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 12 May 2016, 3:04 pm

As an interesting aside had anyone else noticed who was opening the batting for the MCC Young Cricketers against the 2nd XI?

A young bloke called Ben Curran who happens to be the even younger brother of Tom and Sam! If he makes it into the senior squad I think my blackadder obsession would go into melt down with 'Pitt the younger and 'Pitt the embryo' being joined by 'Pitt the glint in the milkman's eye'. Laugh Laugh

Whilst he didn't have much success against Surrey (two single figure scores) he did get 141* against Middlesex 2nd XI in a 50 over game a fortnight ago. A half century against Kent 2nds as well so he clearly isn't without ability.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next