The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

+43
Lowlandbrit
kingraf
doctor_grey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
No 7&1/2
aja424
stub
dyrewolfe
rodders
kingjohn7
Mind the windows Tino.
BamBam
temporary21
Derbymanc
mikey_dragon
LordDowlais
navyblueshorts
milkyboy
Coxy001
funnyExiledScot
ShahenshahG
guildfordbat
catchweight
Corporalhumblebucket
Dolphin Ziggler
lostinwales
TRUSSMAN66
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
GSC
Dave.
SecretFly
pedro
Ent
Sin é
Hammersmith harrier
Hero
Yadsendew
Alex_Germany
Rory_Gallagher
Rowley
Electric Demon
47 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 9 Empty The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Electric Demon Sun 26 Jun 2016, 6:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's not Labour or Corbyn's fault either

In this age of entitlement, "the workers" who traditionally voted Labour take the welfare state for granted and are now bizarrely right wing, even though they rely on the welfare policies of the left. (I am aware this is generalisation - but hey, that seems to be the crux of the thread)

The left and the working classes are completely at odds with each other now - which is a massive problem for Labour. It has to become 2 different parties because it won't be able to unite those 2 forces when there is a rejection of experts. But when that happens then there will be no party remotely able to challenge the Conservatives.

Last edited by Cassius Zhi on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changes "intelligence" to "experts" as that was very poor choice of words)

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 9 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Sin é Tue 28 Jun 2016, 8:36 am

British foreign policy on Europe; United Nations and diplomacy

https://vimeo.com/85914510

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 9 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:06 am

Alex_Germany wrote:...Seriously - the politicians need to agree a EEA (Norway) model immediately.

That will satisfy the markets and the investors, will satisfy those who want us out of the EU, and those who want us in. It will restore a bit of lost sovereignty (what ever that may be), and it will urine off the racist elements of LEAVE.

What's not to like?...
Hmm. Anyone hear Liam Fox on the idea of negotiating a deal to be a part of the EEA? He was of the opinion that it wasn't an option as so much of the 'Leave' vote was an anti-immigration vote.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_Germany Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:18 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Alex_Germany wrote:...Seriously - the politicians need to agree a EEA (Norway) model immediately.

That will satisfy the markets and the investors, will satisfy those who want us out of the EU, and those who want us in. It will restore a bit of lost sovereignty (what ever that may be), and it will urine off the racist elements of LEAVE.

What's not to like?...
Hmm. Anyone hear Liam Fox on the idea of negotiating a deal to be a part of the EEA? He was of the opinion that it wasn't an option as so much of the 'Leave' vote was an anti-immigration vote.

Do the maths. 48% voted to Remain. If we can add 2% from Leave, in favour of the EEA, that is 50%.

If 40% of the electorate voted to Leave on the grounds that they don't like foreigners coming in or Brits going out, then that is less than 50%.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:21 am

Have to be even-handed, so:

BBC Web site wrote:
We told you earlier that the FTSE 100 had opened slightly up this morning. Well, there's some good news too for the battered FTSE 250 as well, which is 3.2% higher. The biggest riser is Marshalls, up 12.7%, with G4S up 10.6% and Redrow 9.4% higher.  The FTSE 250 is made up of a broader range of companies than the largely multi-nationals which make up the FTSE 100 stocks.

Will it last? Dead cat bounce (take note HH; learnt that phrase recently!)??
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jun 2016, 9:22 am

Alex_Germany wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

What's not to like?...

Do the maths. 48% voted to Remain. If we can add 2% from Leave, in favour of the EEA, that is 50%.

If 40% of the electorate voted to Leave on the grounds that they don't like foreigners coming in or Brits going out, then that is less than 50%.
And? I can do that sort of maths. Fox's point was that with such a large proportion of 'Leave' voting with a significant nod to immigration, and 'Leave' coming out on top, it wouldn't be acceptable to accept membership of the EEA. Not saying I agree, but membership of the EEA clearly isn't going to be clear cut and 'a given'.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:31 am

I don't know how you British people can be embarrassed by this man Nigel Farage. He's a tour de force. He has these MEP guys down for what they are. They hate him because he tells the truth....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:34 am

Alex_Germany wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

What's not to like?...

I heard that, but what is Liam Fox's solution? "Norway plus" seems to be the latest trend from the Leavers, with Farage and Hunt going for it. Basically we get all the free trade stuff, pay a little bit of money to the EU but, and here's the good bit, none of that free movement/Schengen nonsense.

I saw that Jeremy Hunt is considering standing. Lovely chap.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:37 am

SecretFly wrote:I don't know how you British people can be embarrassed by this man Nigel Farage.  He's a tour de force.  He has these MEP guys down for what they are.  They hate him because he tells the truth....

Worth remembering that 51.9% of "us British" voted for his cause.

I personally despise his politics and find the manner in which he delivers his poisonous bile utterly deplorable, but that's just me.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:45 am

Jeremy Hunt is gonna stand for prime minister??? I know the world's going bonkers but come on.
I don't see why Liam fox is saying we can't have free movement of people? The referendum was on being a member of EU. I thought people cared about, what was it again? Oh sovereignty.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:46 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I don't know how you British people can be embarrassed by this man Nigel Farage.  He's a tour de force.  He has these MEP guys down for what they are.  They hate him because he tells the truth....

Worth remembering that 51.9% of "us British" voted for his cause.

I personally despise his politics and find the manner in which he delivers his poisonous bile utterly deplorable, but that's just me.

His 'poison' isn't half as poisonous as that coming from the EU zealots in the European Parliament. You all should listen to that place more and bury heads in the sand less. It's on right now...
I think most British people don't want to (or didn't want to) listen to the MEPs in that Parliament because they knew in their hearts that they wouldn't exactly like hearing the philosophies of most of those people in that building.

So better to just let it happen in isolation and accept the EU's growth and growth with a yawn of indifference. The UK got out at the right time. I have a feeling other Nations that might want out in the future might have to em.................... well, let's be blunt about it, fight their way out. That's the true danger of this Project EU.

Like I say, all European peoples should listen more to some of the 'heros' of that place, and their opinions.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:49 am

I'm happy to see G4s stocks doing well, in anticipation of mass privatisation of more public services as country will be skint

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:50 am

No doubt Hunt and Gove will be spearheading that mass sale

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:54 am

kingjohn7 wrote:No doubt Hunt and Gove will be spearheading that mass sale

Absolutely. Unless Labour sorts itself out and quickly, we are heading for a Government spear-headed by privatisation junkies.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:56 am

Think we should ask the Norwegians what they feel about the "Norway model". The answer is, yes we have "independence" on paper, but in reality we bend over and adopt 95% of legislation coming from Brussels. And still pay for it. In reality it's being member without a vote. A bit pseudo IMO, but if that's what people want.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:03 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Alex_Germany wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

What's not to like?...

I heard that, but what is Liam Fox's solution? "Norway plus" seems to be the latest trend from the Leavers

Latest trend? This is what they've been after from day 1.  The problem is this they won't get it, so the only way to end free movement is to leave the single market.

However every single one of the brexiteer politicians, including Farraige, know it would be economic suicide for Britain to leave the single market - but to water down the promises to totally end free movement is to sell out on the angry working class English nationalists who got them over the line.

Cameron was smart enough to know that whoever triggers article 50 neither has a hand to play, anything to bluff with or room to compromise in negotiations, so the next PM has to either back track or lead the country to economic Armageddon, the ultimate catch 22.

Id say expect a general election very soon.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:24 am

rodders wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
Alex_Germany wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

What's not to like?...

I heard that, but what is Liam Fox's solution? "Norway plus" seems to be the latest trend from the Leavers

Latest trend? This is what they've been after from day 1.  The problem is this they won't get it, so the only way to end free movement is to leave the single market.

However every single one of the brexiteer politicians, including Farraige, know it would be economic suicide for Britain to leave the single market - but to water down the promises to totally end free movement is to sell out on the angry working class English nationalists who got them over the line.

Cameron was smart enough to know that whoever triggers article 50 neither has a hand to play, anything to bluff with or room to compromise in negotiations, so the next PM has to either back track or lead the country to economic Armageddon, the ultimate catch 22.  

Id say expect a general election very soon.

Can see a very real scenario where no-one actually invokes Article 50.

Cameron has played a bit of a blinder, what he's done (as you say) is pretty much passing the baton on to a bunch of Leavers whose "plans" are very quickly being shown up to be nothing more than make believe nonsense. Boris and co will 100% never invoke Article 50, the EU is going to play big bull hard balls against out little squishy chicken balls and simply flat out refuse to enter any informal negotiations and as such Boris and co have 0% room to manoevre, navigate or bullsh*t their way to getting anywhere near what they want. Invoking it will simply mean that we are taking a massive 2 year unknown leap in to the dark, at the end of which we wouldn't be anywhere near being ready on anything and simply require ONE, yes - JUST ONE, EU state to use that good old strapon called VETO to immediately eject us from anything to do with the EU... including trade. Movement. Everything.

There's a reason why Boris has been quiet. It's because the reality has hit and he hasn't got a fecking plan of what to do.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:31 am

rodders wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
Alex_Germany wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

What's not to like?...

Latest trend? This is what they've been after from day 1.

Perhaps, but this is the first time they've actually said it. Pre-vote they had ruled out the Norway model as unworkable, due to Norway being part of free movement/Schengen. Now "Norway" seems to be the model to go for, with the idea being that because we are a very significant and important country, those aspects of the EU that Norway agreed to (free movement/Schengen) won't need to apply to the UK.

I personally don't see the EU going for it, but I'd be delighted if they did. I suppose what the UK could agree to is to pay more to the EU budget than Norway does as a price for not having to accept free movement. It could be expensive but I can see the Leavers promoting the idea that the social benefits of not having open borders outweighs the economics.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:39 am

It would be funny if the uk took a worse deal then they had with the eu.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:44 am

A deal with the EU might indeed, and probably of course, be less advantageous than full membership. But that's only the EU part. The EU then have no say in restricting the UKs other deals and agreements outside the EU sphere of influence.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:45 am

Ent wrote:It would be funny if the uk took a worse deal then they had with the eu.

It would be funny if it was happening to somebody else...

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:47 am

kingjohn7 wrote:No doubt Hunt and Gove will be spearheading that mass sale

Hunt. You do see words and names with letters which are silent, but in his case its the other way around. The K or C commonly added to his surname when it is pronounced somehow never makes an appearance on paper.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:50 am

Ent wrote:It would be funny if the uk took a worse deal then they had with the eu.

I think it'll depend on how you define "worse". I'm certain that there'll be people willing to accept a deal that is worse from an economic perspective (i.e. the net amount contributed is higher) for the perceived social benefits of having to look at less foreigners.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:53 am

I will join the Tory party and vote for hunt

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:57 am

SecretFly wrote:A deal with the EU might indeed, and probably of course, be less advantageous than full membership.  But that's only the EU part.  The EU then have no say in restricting the UKs other deals and agreements outside the EU sphere of influence.

Don't be daft. The EU is a much bigger trading fish to fry than the UK. UK will not get more favourable trading terms with anyone else than when in the EU.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:58 am

It's not funny, it's inevitable.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:58 am

I've got this horrible, horrible feeling that Boris has been up to something.

This is a man who has been quoted and recorder saying he's a fan of the EU/etc. That cannot be argued against. Yet he then sides with the leave vote, on the opposite side of the PM and his mate George. Now... I hate conspiracy theories but I'm going to be one of the tw&ts anyway.

It's no doubt he wants to be PM and by going on the opposite side to Dave and George he basically hedged his bets. But why.... Here's my complete guesswork scenario:

Leave wins.. Boris is then the presumptive PM in waiting. He "tries" to informally renegotiate with the EU and gets nowhere, which he knew would happen and the only way any agreements would be talked about is invoking Article 50. He then says that without negotiation talks there is no possible way he could invoke Article 50 but we will instead crack down hard on immigration from outside the EU as "that lot" are 75% of our supposed immigration problem. All whilst ignoring all the EU law making, trade killing bolloc*ks he was spouting during the campaign and just resorts to fluffy nonsense that spellbinds the morons of society (coughdutycough).

Wishful bloody thinking but I'm not sure how he or any PM would be able to willingly invoke Article 50 if there are to be no informal negotiations so we don't have to scramble like bloody mad for 2 years.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:03 pm

Coxy001 wrote:

I've got this horrible, horrible feeling that Boris has been up to something.

This is a man who has been quoted and recorder saying he's a fan of the EU/etc. That cannot be argued against. Yet he then sides with the leave vote, on the opposite side of the PM and his mate George. Now... I hate conspiracy theories but I'm going to be one of the tw&ts anyway.

It's no doubt he wants to be PM and by going on the opposite side to Dave and George he basically hedged his bets. But why.... Here's my complete guesswork scenario:

I think you are correct but for one thing - Boris expected remain to win but by a small enough margin to badly damage the government, in the process boosting his profile massively and then making his play for the top with Gove backing him.

Cameron has outmaneuvered him (and Gove) by sticking him in the hotseat now to invoke article 50.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:06 pm

Don't be silly, Sin.

Wait and see how the world looks when the EU induced hypnotism sleep wears off. You'll have a close neighbour now to observe what happens.

The EU, such nice people in it, wishing the downfall of a Nation to prove how important it is to salute the One True Leader. It's like North Korea, this EU propaganda machine.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:17 pm

Fly ( take it you are just wumming here, but I'll respond anway Very Happy).

I voted No to Lisbon the first time and I would always be worried about our hard fought independence. But I accept that its hard to keep all the people happy all the time, so not everything goes your way. The EU has been fantastic for Ireland (North & South). Take note, our Irish politicans have absolutely no interest in jumping ship with the UK. That should tell you a lot, considering the UK is our 2nd biggest single trading partner (I think, after the US).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:24 pm

Sin é wrote:Fly ( take it you are just wumming here, but I'll respond anway Very Happy).

I voted No to Lisbon the first time and I would always be worried about our hard fought independence. But I accept that its hard to keep all the people happy all the time, so not everything goes your way. The EU has been fantastic for Ireland (North & South). Take note, our Irish politicans have absolutely no interest in jumping ship with the UK. That should tell you a lot, considering the UK is our 2nd biggest single trading partner (I think, after the US).

I'm delighted to hear that recognised.

Ireland would be mad to Leave, particularly following the UK vote. Ireland, with its lower corporation tax, was always an attractive location for UK financial institutions, and that will only increase given the large number of Irish UCITS vehicles with UK-based managers.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:38 pm

Sin é wrote:Fly ( take it you are just wumming here, but I'll respond anway Very Happy).

Take note our Politicians are on very slim ice, they have just about formed a fragile 'Government' with the bits and pieces that a very angry population left them with.  They know what they are - a frail voice trying to pretend they speak for the people ready to slice into them again at the first chance.  

Neither FG nor FF, and certainly not Labour, can pretend they speak for any majority in this Nation.  So yeah, the present structure of the present Irish Government tells me a lot, Sin.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:42 pm

You know the killer for NI, they were going to be allowed to use the same corporate tax rate as the Republic in 2 years time. No point now.

Some talk over here that Ireland should try and form an atlantic alliance with Scotland and NI, but the downside of that is that Scotland would be able to compete with us for foreign direct investment!

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:45 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Ireland would be mad to Leave, particularly following the UK vote. Ireland, with its lower corporation tax, was always an attractive location for UK financial institutions, and that will only increase given the large number of Irish UCITS vehicles with UK-based managers.

How interesting. Only a few days ago, our lower corporation tax was mentioned as perhaps now one of the very things the irritated EU will now try to push in on and demand changes to. The response from Ireland was actually interesting - for once a snap back - it was said that if pressure comes onto our rights to decide our own corporate tax levels then we'll be forced to seriously consider exit too.

The barking dog (EU) doesn't seem to have a brain. Just when they need to step carefully, they seem to think the hobnailed boot in the guts is the right medicine to use.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:46 pm

SecretFly wrote:

Take note our Politicians are on very slim ice, they have just about formed a fragile 'Government' with the bits and pieces that a very angry population left them with.  They know what they are - a frail voice trying to pretend they speak for the people ready to slice into them again at the first chance.  

Neither FG nor FF, and certainly not Labour, can pretend they speak for any majority in this Nation.  So yeah, the present structure of the present Irish Government tells me a lot, Sin.

Well, at least all our political parties are on the same hymn sheet with regard to Europe and were not going to offer the nuclear option that the people of the UK were offered.

For the record, I don't have a problem with the EU Water Directive. People only value something when they have to pay for it. The big problem I have with the Directive is how the Irish Gov. wasted so much money on the implementation of the Directive.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:54 pm

Water?

Who mentioned water?

The EU is the topic. But perhaps the Irish angle on it is for a different thread.

This is about the UK referendum, I think we maybe better get back to it. Sorry for the diversions, folks.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jun 2016, 12:56 pm

SecretFly wrote:Don't be silly, Sin.

Wait and see how the world looks when the EU induced hypnotism sleep wears off.  You'll have a close neighbour now to observe what happens.  

The EU, such nice people in it, wishing the downfall of a Nation to prove how important it is to salute the One True Leader.  It's like North Korea, this EU propaganda machine.  
Oh, for Heaven's Sake SF, what's it like in your world where everything's a conspiracy and absolutely everyone's out to enslave you? I hope you have a well stocked bunker, with both copious food and all manner of weapons.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:08 pm

SecretFly wrote:Water?

Who mentioned water?

The EU is the topic.  But perhaps the Irish angle on it is for a different thread.  

This is about the UK referendum, I think we maybe better get back to it.  Sorry for the diversions, folks.

Part of the conversation is about annoying EU laws that governments have to implement. Most of them are good in my opinion. Ireland would be a right environmental mess except for some of these EU Directives.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:09 pm

Keep talking Navy.

The Queen is with me Wink  

Me and the Queen...dear God, the world is truly mad.  

She cooks the dinners, I keep guard behind the galvanised door..... Farage is the dog we leave out at night to warn us that all you EU zombies are a comin'!

Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:13 pm

SecretFly wrote:Keep talking Navy.

She cooks the dinners, I keep guard behind the galvanised door..... Farage is the dog we leave out at night to warn us that all you EU zombies are a comin'!

Wink

Isn't the Queen one those people who Farage has said has never done a proper job in their life?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:15 pm

Sin é wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Water?

Who mentioned water?

The EU is the topic.  But perhaps the Irish angle on it is for a different thread.  

This is about the UK referendum, I think we maybe better get back to it.  Sorry for the diversions, folks.

Part of the conversation is about annoying EU laws that governments have to implement. Most of them are good in my opinion. Ireland would be a right environmental mess except for some of these EU Directives.

It's much more fundamental than EU annoying laws, Sin. You all know it's much more fundamental now but keep bringing up the little bits and pieces to bury the head in the sand about the big picture. The EU (as a concept) is on the run - fighting all the way as it goes of course, but on the run. Europe can have other models. Like I said before, this current EU model doesn't have copyright. It's an idea that's been tired and is now under pressure. Other ideas are out there. The Earth has a while yet before it's consumed by the Sun. Plenty of time for other models.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:16 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:

I'm delighted to hear that recognised.

Hear hear! It was even better for Wales but hey ho they are hard folks to please.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:16 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Wink

Isn't the Queen one those people who Farage has said has never done a proper job in their life?

That's why he's not allowed inside at night.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:20 pm

Is that the same queen who's in NI today to open a railway upgrade that was funded by the EU?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-33342236

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-36642740
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:22 pm

SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Wink

I suppose I have to laugh. It's either that or grind my teeth to oblivion! I'm sure you can get pills for what ails you though Fly...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:25 pm

rodders wrote:

Is that the same queen who's in NI today to open a railway upgrade that was funded by the EU?

Ask her. It's her people (you included) that paid for it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:28 pm

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:

Ask her.  It's her people (you included) that paid for it.

The Germans?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:36 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Wink

I suppose I have to laugh. It's either that or grind my teeth to oblivion! I'm sure you can get pills for what ails you though Fly...

Do what you like Navy.  Laugh with me, laugh at me, sneer me, mock me.  I don't care.  I'm more than able to stand up for myself.  I won't run away an weep. Wink

You all know that your own Queen, who is no stranger to this world, and who has lived through most of the last Eventful century, and has known all about uniting groups of Nations under one common banner (Commonwealth) - her instincts tell her this EU thing is not a good 'un.  I was glad to hear it when it was heavily hinted that her opinion was very Eurosceptic, let's say.  Her instincts are good.

So. since nobody genuinely wants to 'Reform' it when inside it - they'll talk about 'reform' to get elected to it, but once in it yawns, wine, cheese and expenses take over - the best option is to leave it.  Congratulations, you got out.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:40 pm

Saw a depressing bit of opinion on the BBC's Brexit pages.

According to some experts in EU law, the exit process could take up to 10 years to complete. Shocked

I think its in everyone's best interests to have this wrapped up ASAP so we know where we stand (and of course businesses and the financial markets hate uncertainty).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:40 pm

SecretFly wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Wink

Do what you like Navy.  Laugh with me, laugh at me, sneer me, mock me.  I don't care.  I'm more than able to stand up for myself.  I won't run away an weep. Wink

You all know that your own Queen, who is no stranger to this world, and who has lived through most of the last Eventful century, and has known all about uniting groups of Nations under one common banner (Commonwealth) - her instincts tell her this EU thing is not a good 'un.  I was glad to hear it when it was heavily hinted that her opinion was very Eurosceptic, let's say.  Her instincts are good.

So. since nobody genuinely wants to 'Reform' it when inside it - they'll talk about 'reform' to get elected to it, but once in it yawns, wine, cheese and expenses take over - the best option is to leave it.  Congratulations, you got out.

I think that's ultimately why I'm a Remainer. I just love wine and cheese (and claiming things on expenses).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Jun 2016, 1:40 pm

rodders wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:

Ask her.  It's her people (you included) that paid for it.

The Germans?

You're German? No wonder you voted Remain. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next