The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main Event II-6CW World Title-Promo thread

3 posters

Go down

Main Event II-6CW World Title-Promo thread  Empty Main Event II-6CW World Title-Promo thread

Post by Mat Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Main Event II: 6CW Title - Hell in a Cell
Joshua (C) v Robin Reborn

Theme: "Run Boy Run" Woodkid

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Main Event II-6CW World Title-Promo thread  Empty Re: Main Event II-6CW World Title-Promo thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:46 pm

*The camera pans across a room with a spotlight in the middle, a spotlight that rests on two chairs and a side table. A spotlight that makes every other part of the room seem empty aside from that which the light shines upon.

On one of those chairs sits Timothy Allen, across from him sits Robin Reborn. The camera now focuses on Allen's face

TA: Good evening. Tonight I have the pleasure of interviewing the number one contender to the 6CW title, and the main who will come out to face Joshua in our second main event at Night of Glory for that very title. Welcome...Robin Reborn

RR: Thank you, Timbo

*Allen looks at his notes briefly and then places them on the table beside him

TA: It's been a hell of a year, Robin. From last Night of Glory, Night of Glory 6, retaining your tag titles and breaking records. Breaking through boundaries in that tag division and taking it from lifeless to all sorts of lively. Since then you've lost those straps, fought alongside 6CW's uprising to face the Forgotten and Mr Jones. You've had a shot at Joshua's title before, of course, in a triple threat with your record breaking former partner Jack Hurst.

RR: And the monster asked for minions...

TA: Regardless, you and Hurst split to pursue solo pursuits...at that point you were at a crossroads, and one you have traversed successfully so far

RR: We want to get to modern day, don't we? Yeah, I took on the tag world and then you start to see whats next, and what you came into this business for. History is littered with men who had success in partnership but had to push on to bigger things. I am one of those men, and I proved that for the first time in the Gateway to Glory match.

TA: Did that take off any pressure of being the only man in control of your destiny?

RR: I had no pressure on me then, nothing new anyway. I was always the man controlling my own destiny, always my own hardest critic.

TA: But had you faded away there, there is little chance you would be standing in quite the same spot ahead of the biggest night of the year. What would you have done?

RR: I'd have got to the top some way or another. Who was gonna stop me? If Dicey can hitch a ride onto a main event, well, I'd have won that Elimination Chamber, I'd have beaten anyone else.

TA: And with your power, why did you pick the record holding champ, the monster Joshua?

*Reborn smiles and leans forward

RR: Lemme let you into a little secret, Tim. He isn't scary, not up close. He's just a wounded soldier like the rest of Jones's flock, a desperate men who couldn't do it alone. And I wanted to get my revenge, on Jones, on Joshua, on the Forgotten and that Irish pr*ck too.

TA: Hostility between you and Dicey recently, why is that?

RR: He wanted it. He wanted to put labels on me like I might cause cancer. He's lazy and arrogant. And part of the old guard. He could have shown some class, but he doesn't have an inch in him...not since he grew up anyway, father.

TA: But why?

RR: I got bigger fish, Tim.

*Allen goes to probe further but lets it go

TA: Fine. Back to Joshua and Night of Glory...Hell in a Cell; does that worry you?

*Reborn leans back and smiles broadly

RR: When he said those words I got a tingle all over, and I mean all over. The whole point of Joshua is that he brings this "hell" to every match. All they've done is given me a jungle to play inside. I can fly, I can fight and I can do any damn thing I want. And when we get to the outside...oh man! Mankind would think I'm crazy with the s**t running around my head, man!

TA: But for a man whose game plan is surely to strike fast, often and keep moving...doesn't this restrict you? Are you not trapped in a nightmare?

*Reborn lets the smile drop

RR: Lets get this straight. All this nightmare business ya hear about the man. It ain't s**t. You know what every man, woman and child wants when they got a nightmare all about them? They beg to dream.

You're looking at and talking to a black American. You know what that means? I got the American dream running through my head and the Martin's dream running through my veins. I got Rosa Parks, MLK and my brother Ali, the greatest, I got their words and their deeds ingrained in me. Hell, I got Dusty's dream, the American Dream that inspired generations to fight whether they wined and dined with kings and queens or they slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans.

Joshua came here as a monster, a fighter, not a wrestler, just a weapon. Whereas I came up through Japan, through York Hall and the Hydro. I've battled for Los Angeles and gone to Camden for some Chapters. Tim, I have earned this every damn step of the way, I have been there and done every last task you gotta do. So now, am I scared of a nightmare.

*Reborn rubs his chin and ponders a moment

RR: I have a dream, Timothy, I have a dream...

*The scene fades on that

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Main Event II-6CW World Title-Promo thread  Empty Re: Main Event II-6CW World Title-Promo thread

Post by TwisT Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:04 pm

In the bowels of Wembley Stadium and shrouded in near darkness, Joshua sits cross-legged in front of a damaged television. Thick bands of interference crosses the screen but we can just make out the last few moments of Reborn’s interview. Joshua, barely moving, has his 6CW World Title lying beside him with one massive hand tapping it for comfort from time to time. He cracks his neck to one side as the screen fades and the damage to the TV finally takes its life. There is silence for a few moments as the camera swings round to face Joshua. His hair is covering most of his face but there is enough on display to show a few of his scars. He sits there breathing and contemplating; while reliving what Reborn had said over and over again in his mind. After a few more moments, Joshua starts to nod as he carefully pushes the television away from him:

And the monster watches alone………for at last the destruction can be fulfilled………

Joshua looks into the distance and is lost in his thoughts. He seems in no great hurry to speak, in contrast to the quick fire interview that we have just witnessed. As has been his mantra in his time in 6CW, Joshua waits before talking in an intimidating tone:

Listening to a man who states he controls his destiny………I cannot contemplate how much the critic inside him………is now reprimanding his role in the foolish choice made………Does he think the way to the top is easier………when trying to move the mountain in front of him? ………

Joshua looks to the ceiling and all is silent again. He looks back to the floor and shifts one side of his hair away, revealing more scars:

And now the clamour has died down………and all is laid out to see………this dream rears its ugly head again………Does having the same dream had by others………make you able to walk in their footsteps? ………Or is it another example of recycling old words………when inspiration is lost on the face filled with perspiration?………

The smallest indication of a grin falls on Joshua’s face before it disappears quickly again. He then pulls the 6CW World Title across his knees and nods his head again:

Yes I saw you sweat………as clear as I saw the anxiety in your eyes………The mouth runs as far as your feet hope to flee………when the outside ignores what the inside is feeling………You knew when the destination for damnation was announced………that whatever fantasy you live your life by………will have no bearing in construction of chaos………Metal laid upon metal………as intolerant as the monster you will now face………

Joshua feels the brickwork beside him and rubs his hand down it:

I welcome the cell………It is as comforting to me as a warm blanket………In that unforgiving structure with foundations of hate………the true test is revealed………Not one of surviving the hell and walking away with your life………but living each day afterwards with the carnage witnessed burning a hole in your mind………Everything about you will then change………From what you class as important………to what challenges will now await you………

Joshua bows his head and closes his eyes. He lifts the 6CW World Title up to his chest and cradles it:

You wish to believe a nightmare doesn’t await you………and it is indeed this dream come true………If that is how you wish to conduct proceedings………then I will drop myself to your level………

The camera zooms into Joshua’s face and he slowly lifts his head and reopens his eyes. We can see they are stern and are piercing the camera lens as he speaks:

I will break your bones………I will spill your blood………I will throw you around like my own personal plaything………and leave you lying in a heap before the first minute is up………I will watch you crawl………I will listen to your wails………And I will help you be the man you think you are………and promised everyone you can be………Before crushing you underfoot for my own enjoyment………

The camera backs away as Joshua rotates his head in a full circle. He tenses his shoulders and lets the 6CW World title fall upon his lap:

This is no biblical passage………nor speech from an enlightened individual………It isn’t written in the stars………nor a tale dropped down from generation to generation………It is merely reality………Fact………An unescapable truth that in a ring surrounded by steel………you cannot fly away from………This is not your time………Your moment………Your destiny………It is point that holds no purpose………apart from appeasing immoral minds such as mine………

He cocks his head to one side:

And how does that feel………Knowing what is going to happen?………You do realise that it won’t be your crowning moment?………It won’t be something you can sit down and savour………For if by some miracle your arm is raised from your broken body………it will be met with confusion and calamity………Thousands of eyes bulging at what they have witnessed………as they look upon the new king clinging to his crown………

Joshua shakes his head once again, and rubs the gold plate of his title with his fingers:

No………it shall not come to pass………On the anniversary of my triumph………I have been given a gracious gift by those who know what I offer………This is not a match of equals………and should never be treated as such………It is a cause to relive the horror everyone felt………when symphony began twelve months ago………

Joshua glances to the television:

And as for Reborn………a name steeped in irony of the many reinventions………you are simply a tool………An instrument to be used for the satisfaction of others………One who fails to comprehend……… that your dream was forged by the nightmares of these people………Men have tried………Men have failed………And now the boy has been delivered to me like a sacrificial lamb………Bleating for recognition………but soon for the chop………

Joshua lays the 6CW World Title over his shoulder and slowly gets to his feet. He makes an audible sigh before speaking again:

However, in the upcoming days………I will play the game………I will satisfy your yearning for appreciation………by standing over you and casting a shadow………at what you perceive to be a celebrated year of success………As you stare up at me you may not feel fear………but you will realise the truth………That a man who flies is trapped in a cage………and will have to suffer more than getting his wings clipped………

Joshua looks at his title and continues:

Rest assured I am willing to go further into damnation………than ever before………I will push my life to the limit………and relish the pain that will come my way………The heights you hope to reach………will not compare to the depths I will go down too………And if my heart breaks while trying to hold what is precious to me………I will look forward to the moment and the suffering that will break forth………

He looks back to the camera and snarls:

On this Night of Glory………there can be only one ending………Not of a story………but of a soul………The sacrifice will be made………The pain felt again………And the sounds of the depraved………will rise up in horror of another era of suffering………

Joshua slowly starts to stride away from the camera. We can just make out his final words before passing:

Fear not what you expect………Fear what you fail to see………Death from above………and all will fade to black………

Joshua walks away and out of sight as he heads above and a date with his own destiny.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:38 pm

The slow, intense sound of a heartbeat starts to play around Wembley Stadium as the crowd look to the stage. Joshua appears as the lights go down to darkness and with the silhouette of the cell casting an ominous shadow over the ring. The 6CW World Champion has his belt over his shoulder and a cloak over his head. He purposefully walks down the aisle and cracks his neck from side to side. Joshua appears stockier than usual and his muscles bulge from beneath his attire.

Once he reaches the ring, Joshua slowly climbs over the ropes and stands in the corner. The heartbeat flatlines as the house lights shine bright, before Joshua throws his cloak back. The crowd are shocked to see Joshua has shaved all his long dark hair off and is now completely bald. For the very first time the whole 6CW universe can see the amount of scars that Joshua has on his face and can also see that they cover his entire head.

Joshua looks around him at the shocked faces and slowly picks up a microphone:

Do not underestimate how the simplest action………can cause such a reaction………This is why my hell in the cell opponent………is now privately regretting his decision………

Joshua only moves his head as he turns up to look at the aisle:

We await………the man of many faces………Who will soon appear and comfort you all with promises………

Joshua pauses and takes a deep intake of breath. He then gazes around the stadium and talks again:

And once you enter this ring and gaze toward me…….you won’t be look at the figure in front of you…….but at the people behind me…….You will tell them the tale of your dream…….and drop in references of other believers…….but ignore the shadow that is hanging over you…….This dreamer doesn’t want to wake up…….This dreamer doesn’t want to open his eyes…….This dreamer doesn’t want to stare cold hard reality in the face…….

He lifts one arm out wide and finally walks to the centre of the ring:

In these surroundings it is easy to do……Look how pleasantly open we are……Feel the eyes of those sitting around us……Contemplate just how many ways there are to escape……

He stops and looks up at the cell above him. Cocking his head to one side, Joshua speaks to the structure:

But come the night…….these exposed spaces will be barred…….Places of refuge will be zero……..Areas to run too will be non-existent…….This environment will make you feel claustrophobic…….It will stop your imaginary wings unfurling…….It will turn your legs into concrete…….You will stand still and stare around you……..and everywhere you look will be in my direction…….There will be no more comforting views…….when you look up and realise…….you are staring down at an abyss……

Joshua slowly lowers his head and stares into the camera:

And the reason you put yourself in this position……?

He holds his stare but grabs the 6CW World title with his free hand and lifts it into the sky. The fans cheer at seeing it but quieten down when Joshua hugs it into his chest:

This reward has a bond with me…….One that has grown stronger over time…….With this now in place I feel stronger…….deadlier…….and more focused on my overall goal…….It is a sigh of authority that I have had…….longer than any other person before…….A statement of intent of what damage I can cause…….and how victims have been changed as a result…….

Joshua looks back up the aisle again:

If it isn’t clear to you what awaits…..then recall those moments when I was found to be weak…….and you will see that there are none…..Do this before………stepping into this dark moment………

He turns back around and looks to the fans:

Of course you will talk about the links in the chain I surround myself in…….Those stepping stones that provided rare aid in my quest…....before floating away down the river and over the waterfall…….These are mere pieces in a bigger jigsaw……If you truly believe my dominance is based…….upon those weak to follow and not to lead…….then our meeting will shock you to your core…….

Joshua slowly paces to one side of the ring and leans on the ropes, while looking up the aisle:

But please believe you are different…….to those that have fallen before…….Please believe that being locked away…….benefits your more than me…….Please believe  that facing one rather than many…….gives you a fighting chance…….

Joshua returns back to the centre of the ring and rotates his neck as if annoyed. He then stares at the canvas and talks quietly:

I see this battle………as an opportunity to reaffirm belief………Not in what can be………but what has been for the past 12 months………It is not a moment to change direction………nor for a new future to be made………It is time to cherish what time you may have left……before you and others have to face me……

Joshua slowly lifts his head:

This will be met with amusement I am sure………More talk of dreaming………More talk of it being your time………And to this I say just one thing……….

He feels his bald head and the scars that run all along his scalp and face. A brief grimace appears followed by an even briefer smile. He turns to the camera and glares into it:

You have no idea of the lengths I have gone to………past, present and future……….to make my dreams come true………

Joshua taps his head slowly but viciously, before looking down to the stage.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:32 pm

*Childish Gambino's Do Or Die plays from the speakers and the crowd erupt, jumping to their feet and cheering for the number one contender to Joshua's crown

*Out comes Reborn; calmly, slowly, a mic in hand and a tranquillity around him. He looks down to the ring, lifts the mic to his lips then shakes his head, throws his arms up and down to rile the crowd into even more of a frenzy and then walks down to the ring. He steps inside and stands across from Joshua, now ready to speak

RR: We ready, champ? We holding on tight? Keep it close, keep it secret, keep it safe. Keep it warm for me, cos I'm about to take your only reason for stepping into these buildings.

*Reborn reaches out a hand towards the title, looking to Joshua's eyes for a reaction as he leaves it 30cm from touching the gold.

RR: Anxious, aren't we? Keep believing you can do this locked away from the lackeys. Keep thinking I'm the same as the ones Jones helped you beat.

*Reborn walks away and paces back and forth.

RR: So what do you want me to say, Joshy? You're the unbeatable, unstoppable monster who has sacrificed his skin and bones to stand here and covet something else. It was once a toy, then a tw*t, and now a title. What do you think that does? Why do you think I have anything to fear? You are a merely a figure in my way. You're locked in a playground with a man who has no limits. There's nothing you can do now, Joshua. Jones has played his last card and left the building. Daddy left you a present, Josh, but he got it all wrong one last time.

*Reborn stops and stands across from Joshua again

RR: Put it all out there, Scarface. Tell them all your story. You've got one more chance to tell the world, then you lose the stage and you lose my title. Amidst all the fires you have walked through, its time to be welcomed to Hell.

*Reborn looks up into the air

RR: It will consume us both, and I am the man who will walk out. The man you once were died a long time ago, and I will finally lay him to rest

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Joshua looks at Reborn. He then turns his head and stares at the crowd before gazing back at Reborn. Slowly he drops the 6CW World Title on the canvas and steps back:

Pick it up.........

Reborn is unmoved and confused. Joshua cocks his head to one side and leans in:

Pick it up.........

The crowd whistle and egg Reborn on. He waits a while before taking a step towards the title. Joshua immediately lifts one hand up and Reborn stops:

Before you grab your destiny.........let me answer the question of my story.........

Joshua hunches down and rubs the gold plate of the title lovingly:

My story has revolved around people.........and items.........of significance.........These tools have helped shape a life.........with one single goal.........To cause pain.........To suffering.........To cause humiliation.........

Joshua looks up at Reborn:

That goal has been reached.........when I climb one level.........in the pursuit of the next.........A man always has limits.........Because how do they know what can be accomplished.........if they never touch those boundaries.........?

Joshua stands and again takes a step back. He then turns his back on Reborn and looks out to the crowd:

You are correct in you assessment.........There is now nothing I can do.........I am standing in a ring with someone looking forward to their fate.........Just remember that suicide.........for all the talk of dreams and honour.........is never painless.........

Joshua turns back round and notices the 6CW World Title still lying on the canvas. He then looks up to the cell and rotates his neck:

I am ready for Hell.........I am ready to staple the lips of the masses.........I am ready to show you that one man died.........So another could live.........

He glares at his opponent:

And a rebirth will happen only when you.........the man that hopes will walk out.........will be forever thankful he escaped with his life.........but empty handed.........

He steps forward over the 6CW World Title:

Or are you really saying.........and praying.........that you will make the ultimate sacrifice.........?

Joshua shakes his head and stares at Reborn.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:59 pm

*Reborn runs his hand over his head and then turns to look at the crowd.

RR: These people know me, they know what I'm about right now. And they know I don't walk away till I've stretched every damn limit there is to stretch.

*He turns back to Joshua

RR: But you, I just don't think you understand. Ain't no fate I can't handle, ain't no pain too great. Ain't no walls round this outcome, ain't my time now to wait...

Brother I'm a prophet to your swansong, the real dark knight. Thunder may have been the hero 6CW deserved, but I'm the one it needs right now.

*Reborn takes a step back and leans against the ropes

RR: So you can tell the story, and talk of your power, but you haven't scratched and fought like a young wrestler with no sense of fear and a little bit too much talk. I climbed ladders with no steps and then fought them for titles, but just cos you can't see em don't mean I ain't got scars. And you'll just have to excuse my candour, but I just don't think you can beat me.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Joshua glares at Reborn but keeps his composure. He then slowly walks over to where Reborn is leaning on the ropes. He bends down and is inches away from Reborn’s face while pointing up at the cage:

Just thinking you can beat me………in the hellish structure above us………is a sign of doubt………You need to know………and be absolutely certain………

Joshua brings his head back and allows his words to sink in. He then steps back:

And remember………I don’t need to beat you………to keep what is important to me………

He looks sideways to the crowd and lifts the 6CW World title off the canvas. He places it over his shoulder and glances back at Reborn:

You had your chance………a moment to claim your authority………But once again you declined to take it………and instead played up to these watchful eyes………How history repeats itself with another of their idols………drunk on their adulation………simply not having the guts to do the simplest of tasks………

Joshua holds the 6CW World title higher:

This is mine………because I deserve to have it in my possession………You can’t even bring yourself to touch it………as you know just how much of a fraud you are………

Joshua lowers the title:

But speak on about a life you lead………without fear and limits………for your experiences do not compare………to my lifetime of anguish………The difference between us is that I choose not to relate it………The importance of it is stuck in the past………whereas my hands will shape the future………

He pauses and looks Reborn up and down in disgust:

Your suitability in being a superhero………is as apt as myself becoming a bringer of peace………In this story that you repeatedly speak of………you have simply become a blank page………due to a lack of creativity………

Joshua shakes his head again as he dissects Reborn’s unworthiness:

This chapter is now not just closed………This mismatched saga should never have been dreamt up………via your dire decision………

Joshua bends in and stares at Reborn:

Out of depth………Out of excuses………Out of time………

He whispers softly:

The………End………

Joshua brings himself up to his full height so that his shadow covers most of the canvas and Reborn.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:39 pm

*Reborn takes a step back, before shaking his head and taking two forward

RR: A lot of words to cover one real sentence..."I dont need to beat you" - came right out of your mouth. You're looking for words that betray you, theres a set right there. You've already got an exit plan. Already looking for a draw. Seeds of fear, ironic considering you were part of the latest group of men to try and enslave this company, and just like FEAR you fell to the wayside too.

*Reborn looks at the title and speaks, as if to it

RR: When all you have to drive you is fear of not having something...well, destiny certainly slips away when you cant control your own power.

*He looks back into Joshua's eyes

RR: The fact of the matter is this: I have always been too much for you. So the challenge isn't really for me, I'm just the delusional one. The challenge is for you. Can you strike that blotch off your copybook? Can you scratch that itch? Can you put it all on the line and be the monster you claim to be? Or has the house of cards fallen around you...are you now out of your depth, out of excuses and out of time...is this the last night of the Forgotten dynasty?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Joshua glares at Reborn as the tension builds. The crowd look on agitated as they await the 6CW World Champions response. Slowly, Joshua starts to move forward. He barely gives Reborn a glance as he stares outside the ring at the aisle. Once he is standing beside Reborn, he pauses and briefly takes a look at the crowd beside him. They boo at his stare and chant for Reborn. Joshua readjusts the 6CW World title on his shoulder and returns to look at the aisle. Very purposefully but slowly, Joshua kneels down to Reborn's height so that their heads are side by side. Without moving his eyes off the aisle, Joshua whispers in Reborn's ear:

Challenge.........accepted..........

Joshua raises his head and moves his neck back and forth. He then climbs over the top rope and starts to go up the aisle. The house lights go down and the sound of a heartbeat starts again. Reborn looks confidently at Joshua's back as the champion walks up the aisle. Only when he reaches the curtain does the heartbeat begin to flatline. Joshua pauses and lifts the 6CW World title in the air. Without lowering it, he then walks through the curtain so the last thing Reborn sees is the title he is striving to take off Joshua at Night of Glory.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down