The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

+14
Coxy001
milkyboy
hazharrison
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
AdamT
Herman Jaeger
TopHat24/7
Pedro147
BoxingFan88
melv500
catchweight
Jermaine2015
18 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by Jermaine2015 Sun 18 Sep 2016, 9:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

So now Canelo has won the WBO junior middleweight champion, according to the WBO rules, Canelo can get an immediate title shot at WBO middleweight titleholder Billy Joe Saunders - provided Canelo openly declares he is moving up to 160.

Everyone knows Gennady Golovkin is desperate to clean up the alphabet titles and is very eager to face Saunders next.

So could Golden Boy scupper GGG's plans again?

Jermaine2015

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2015-01-30
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down


Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 8:15 am

AdamT wrote:He ended up a welterweight. He never started at 147.

Floyd drags Marquez up two weights, beats him like a novice. People sh1t over it. He could of stopped him if he really wanted to, but just completely outboxes him.

GGG drags Brook up two weights, gets caught loads and it's his greatest win??

Oh I forgot, GGG doesn't duck when he knows you can't hurt him.

Conveniently forgetting Marquez only just moved up to lightweight?

Brook was a welterweight yes, but he will be campaigning at 154, Marquez went back down to lightweight

You really think Floyd can make 140????

LOL

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 8:16 am

AdamT wrote:Floyd did cheat.

So you think GGG is natural??

He got caught with an IV in his arm after the weigh in

You do the maths

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 9:46 am

If Floyd did cheat, he was only levelling the playing field vs Manny.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 23 Sep 2016, 10:35 am

hazharrison wrote:Canelo vs Smith c250k buys.
Golovkin vs Brook c500k buys.

90:10 split?

250k buys at $69.95
500k buys at £16.95

Are you also seriously suggesting that Brook as a British boxer fighting in Britain on British PPV wasn't the selling point?

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 10:37 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Canelo vs Smith c250k buys.
Golovkin vs Brook c500k buys.

90:10 split?

250k buys at $69.95
500k buys at £16.95

Are you also seriously suggesting that Brook as a British boxer fighting in Britain on British PPV wasn't the selling point?

It's painful isn't it... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 10:48 am

Brook trying to become 2 weight world champ and reach legendary status, is what sold the fight.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 11:07 am

AdamT wrote:If Floyd did cheat, he was only levelling the playing field vs Manny.

Not like I really want to go down this road,

But Manny wasn't allowed pain injections, when Floyd clearly knew about the injury

Floyd paid off Manny when Manny threatened to reveal their test results

Manny has never failed a drugs test

Your love for Floyd makes your posts commendable however

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 11:13 am

With all due respect Boxing....You were moaning that Manny won in slow motion..

Guess you aren't entirely objective either..

But it is all good. thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 12:32 pm

I don't love Floyd. Not as much as you love Manny.

I can be objective, if needs be.

Floyd didn't actually fail a test either.

Anyway I'm going to the gym soon, must try one of Manny's special shakes. Need the extra strength.

Do you know why Manny's head has grown??

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by Jermaine2015 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 2:29 pm

60/40 split for Canelo is fair. GGG might be the 'B side' but without him there's no other fight out there that earns Canelo/Golden Boy as much money.

Jermaine2015

Posts : 1274
Join date : 2015-01-30
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 2:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:With all due respect Boxing....You were moaning that Manny won in slow motion..

Guess you aren't entirely objective either..

But it is all good. thumbsup

Never said won

I said it was closer than some TBE cool aid drinkers did

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 2:32 pm

AdamT wrote:I don't love Floyd. Not as much as you love Manny.

I can be objective, if needs be.

Floyd didn't actually fail a test either.

Anyway I'm going to the gym soon, must try one of Manny's special shakes. Need the extra strength.

Do you know why Manny's head has grown??

I just like disproving nonsense

I don't "Love" Manny, I just hate people bashing on him, usually talking absolute cobblers and using their opinion as fact

Same with GGG, I love watching him fight and people bash his resume when the entire division is running from him

Tells you all you need to know

I used facts, you didn't

I didn't call Floyd a drugs cheat did I?

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 2:37 pm

You want a fact.

Floyd is much better Than Manny.

My sources??

His record and judges scorecards.


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:17 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I don't love Floyd. Not as much as you love Manny.

I can be objective, if needs be.

Floyd didn't actually fail a test either.

Anyway I'm going to the gym soon, must try one of Manny's special shakes. Need the extra strength.

Do you know why Manny's head has grown??

I just like disproving nonsense

I don't "Love" Manny, I just hate people bashing on him, usually talking absolute cobblers and using their opinion as fact

Same with GGG, I love watching him fight and people bash his resume ?

His resume isn't that great...Whether anybody is running from him or not.....

You haven't really disproved anything have you ??....

My opinion is Manny and Floyd and most Boxers are dodgy...............Hard game and High stakes mean athletes try to get an edge......Like all sports..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I don't love Floyd. Not as much as you love Manny.

I can be objective, if needs be.

Floyd didn't actually fail a test either.

Anyway I'm going to the gym soon, must try one of Manny's special shakes. Need the extra strength.

Do you know why Manny's head has grown??

I just like disproving nonsense

I don't "Love" Manny, I just hate people bashing on him, usually talking absolute cobblers and using their opinion as fact

Same with GGG, I love watching him fight and people bash his resume ?

His resume isn't that great...Whether anybody is running from him or not.....

You haven't really disproved anything have you ??....

My opinion is Manny and Floyd and most Boxers are dodgy...............Hard game and High stakes mean athletes try to get an edge......Like all sports..

Absolutely they are

Don't just talk boxing

I believe EVERY sport is

A lot of people throw Manny under the bus because he isn't American and they cannot stand that he is that good, same with GGG. As soon as anyone becomes a threat to Floyd they get all this critisim thrown their way and not just on this forum, on the YTBC it has gone out of control

I mean Roman Gonzalez is close to catching Floyds undefeated record and so many clueless people were saying he lost against Cuadras because they can't stand it. I just sit back and enjoy with the pop corn, its literally eating them up inside

Boxing has moved on and become a global sport, sooner people realise that the better they will be, it wasn't before, you talk about the glory days, well it wasn't a global sport back then

Regarding GGG, in my book, if a division is running from the unified champ, then that tells you all you need to know about how good he is. Pretending to be "World Champion"

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:41 pm

AdamT wrote:You want a fact.

Floyd is much better Than Manny.

My sources??

His record and judges scorecards.


Absolutely, you can believe that

Just know there are a lot of people who disagree with you and have proof to back it up

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by kingraf Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Canelo vs Smith c250k buys.
Golovkin vs Brook c500k buys.

90:10 split?

250k buys at $69.95
500k buys at £16.95

Are you also seriously suggesting that Brook as a British boxer fighting in Britain on British PPV wasn't the selling point?

It's painful isn't it... Rolling Eyes
Brook-Carson Jones sold 500k then?
Brook-anyone-not-named-Golovkin-or-Canelo gonna sell 500k?

Anyway, Canelo is clearly a 300k PPV fighter, who can make serious moves when paired with the right name. GGG is a 150k fighter at the moment. so 2:1 seems fair?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16592
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 29
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:55 pm

Brook was an up and coming fighter when he fought Jones.....

When he fought Golovkin he was looking to make history and was already number 1 in his division..

Not up to your usual standards mate..

How many people over here are going to pay for GGG v Joseph Bloggs...When he is usually on C5 for free...

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:56 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Canelo vs Smith c250k buys.
Golovkin vs Brook c500k buys.

90:10 split?

250k buys at $69.95
500k buys at £16.95

Are you also seriously suggesting that Brook as a British boxer fighting in Britain on British PPV wasn't the selling point?

So if they sold a PPV for £15m and one bored billionaire bought it - so a single buy - that would make the fighter more popular than a guy who sold a million buys at £14.95?

Golovkin was the PPV attraction of the two - he was the unbeatable monster punters were paying to see Brook have a crack at.

Amazing how anti-Golovkin the Floydettes are. Can someone explain what's behind it? Is it because Golovkin would break him in half at 154? All very odd.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by milkyboy Fri 23 Sep 2016, 5:36 pm

You familiar with the price elasticity of demand then haz!

Reality is, and everyone taking their usual stance in this kind of debate knows this....

Golovkin v Joe bloggs doesn't sell great because although he's appreciated by boxing fans he doesn't currently have a big enough base of fans to pay to watch him in a turkey shoot. Alvarez v Joe bloggs sells better because he has a hardcore of Mexican fans to draw on.

Golovkin is a great sell to a home market as the big scary monster of the division for the plucky homeboy to have a crack at... Lemieux brook.

Ggg would very probably snap mayweather in half at 154 (I'd take some pleasure from watching it too) And it's symptomatic that he'd happily go there for Floyd money against a smaller man... But (and I could be wrong here) but I don't recall him offering to fight Alvarez at 154 or Caneloweight. Nor should he have to, but as I said earlier there's a touch of hypocrisy at play.

For the record haz, I'd say by modern standards Floyd probably matured into a natural light welter who fought at welter... Certainly if walk around and ring weights are anything to go by.

He gave fightnight weight away in many of his welter fights (as did manny) and he'd be giving the kind of weight away to golovkin at 154 that would render the result meaningless.

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 5:43 pm

milkyboy wrote:You familiar with the price elasticity of demand then haz!

Reality is, and everyone taking their usual stance in this kind of debate knows this....

Golovkin v Joe bloggs doesn't sell great because although he's appreciated by boxing fans he doesn't currently have a big enough base of fans to pay to watch him in a turkey shoot. Alvarez v Joe bloggs sells better because he has a hardcore of Mexican fans to draw on.

Golovkin is a great sell to a home market as the big scary monster of the division for the plucky homeboy to have a crack at... Lemieux brook.

Ggg would very probably snap mayweather in half at 154 (I'd take some pleasure from watching it too) And it's symptomatic that he'd happily go there for Floyd money against a smaller man... But (and I could be wrong here) but I don't recall him offering to fight Alvarez at 154 or Caneloweight. Nor should he have to, but as I said earlier there's a touch of hypocrisy at play.

For the record haz, I'd say by modern standards Floyd probably matured into a natural light welter who fought at welter... Certainly if walk around and ring weights are anything to go by.

He gave fightnight weight away in many of his welter fights (as did manny) and he'd be giving the kind of weight away to golovkin at 154 that would render the result meaningless.

Floyd hasn't released official fight night weights for years

He wouldn't be able to make 140 anymore

Heck he didn't even make the 144 catchweight for the Marquez fight

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 Sep 2016, 5:57 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:You familiar with the price elasticity of demand then haz!

Reality is, and everyone taking their usual stance in this kind of debate knows this....

Golovkin v Joe bloggs doesn't sell great because although he's appreciated by boxing fans he doesn't currently have a big enough base of fans to pay to watch him in a turkey shoot. Alvarez v Joe bloggs sells better because he has a hardcore of Mexican fans to draw on.

Golovkin is a great sell to a home market as the big scary monster of the division for the plucky homeboy to have a crack at... Lemieux brook.

Ggg would very probably snap mayweather in half at 154 (I'd take some pleasure from watching it too) And it's symptomatic that he'd happily go there for Floyd money against a smaller man... But (and I could be wrong here) but I don't recall him offering to fight Alvarez at 154 or Caneloweight. Nor should he have to, but as I said earlier there's a touch of hypocrisy at play.

For the record haz, I'd say by modern standards Floyd probably matured into a natural light welter who fought at welter... Certainly if walk around and ring weights are anything to go by.

He gave fightnight weight away in many of his welter fights (as did manny) and he'd be giving the kind of weight away to golovkin at 154 that would render the result meaningless.

Floyd hasn't released official fight night weights for years

He wouldn't be able to make 140 anymore

Heck he didn't even make the 144 catchweight for the Marquez fight

Exactly. He was a welterweight from 26-years on. He used to whinge about being too small for 147 when there were live bodies about but as you say, couldn't even make 144 back in 2009 (came in at 146!).

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 6:43 pm

Boxing fan. What proof?

Pack of Manny fans counting punches that don't land, in an edited slow mo video lol.

Floyd won at least 8 rounds.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 6:54 pm

Haz don't talk crap. Floyd was a junior welter until at least 28.

You call fans floydettes? Your boy GGG has fought nobody lol. Jones Jr and everyone is telling him to move up. No point dominated a sh1t division. Nobody rates Wlad too high for dominated no talent Heavies. Unlike GGG, he had no choice but to stick at his weight.

I was bumming and blowing Ggg up to my bro and his mates, saying he was like a 160 Tyson.

Put it this way, they thought I was taking the p1ss after the Brook Fight. Good mw in a rubbish era. In Haglers day, 160-168 Fighters all one division.

Hope GGG grows a set before he is 40 and moves up.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 Sep 2016, 7:28 pm

AdamT wrote:Haz don't talk crap. Floyd was a junior welter until at least 28.

You call fans floydettes? Your boy GGG has fought nobody lol. Jones Jr and everyone  is telling him to move up. No point dominated a sh1t division.  Nobody rates Wlad too high for dominated no talent Heavies. Unlike GGG, he had no choice but to stick at his weight.

I was bumming and blowing Ggg up to my bro and his mates, saying he was like a 160 Tyson.

Put it this way, they thought I was taking the p1ss after the Brook Fight. Good mw in a rubbish era. In Haglers day, 160-168 Fighters all one division.

Hope GGG grows a set before he is 40 and moves up.

Ha, ha! I should have said 24!

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 7:35 pm

Lol!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 23 Sep 2016, 10:52 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:Canelo vs Smith c250k buys.
Golovkin vs Brook c500k buys.

90:10 split?

250k buys at $69.95
500k buys at £16.95

Are you also seriously suggesting that Brook as a British boxer fighting in Britain on British PPV wasn't the selling point?

So if they sold a PPV for £15m and one bored billionaire bought it - so a single buy - that would make the fighter more popular than a guy who sold a million buys at £14.95?

Golovkin was the PPV attraction of the two - he was the unbeatable monster punters were paying to see Brook have a crack at.

Amazing how anti-Golovkin the Floydettes are. Can someone explain what's behind it? Is it because Golovkin would break him in half at 154? All very odd.

What a load of old sh1t, spin it how you want but Brook was the draw in this country not an unheard of GGG. The Gavin PPV would indicate he's a pretty good sell in this country.

You over rate the popularity of GGG to such an extent that it makes your opinions pitiful, unable to accept that not everyone accepts your opinion as fact.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 1:35 am

AdamT wrote:Boxing fan. What proof?

Pack of *Boxing *fans counting punches that don't land, in an edited slow mo video lol.

Floyd won at least 8 rounds.

Fixed that for you

Trust me the guys who discuss this stuff have forgotten more about boxing than we know

I'm no Manny fan boy, neither are half the people who aren't blinded by compubox or horrendously biased commentators

But I'm not going to change your opinion

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 1:40 am

AdamT wrote:Haz don't talk crap. Floyd was a junior welter until at least 28.

You call fans floydettes? Your boy GGG has fought nobody lol. Jones Jr and everyone  is telling him to move up. No point dominated a sh1t division.  Nobody rates Wlad too high for dominated no talent Heavies. Unlike GGG, he had no choice but to stick at his weight.

I was bumming and blowing Ggg up to my bro and his mates, saying he was like a 160 Tyson.

Put it this way, they thought I was taking the p1ss after the Brook Fight. Good mw in a rubbish era. In Haglers day, 160-168 Fighters all one division.

Hope GGG grows a set before he is 40 and moves up.

Are you American by any chance?

Living in the glory days, I'm absolutely sick and tired of hearing about "Oh the past greats were so much better"

GGG is a lot better than a "Good MW"

The era right now is not inferior

You and Truss must get on well

Haglers best wins are former welterweights

GGG is obliterating the competition

You are so brainwashed by the media its hilarious


BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by milkyboy Sat 24 Sep 2016, 7:44 am

Couldnt make 144 for Marquez or wouldn't because he's a control freak who likes to have an edge and show who calls the shots?

Appreciate you're on a fishing trip haz, but by your criteria for Floyd, Duran, who fought there younger is a natural Welter.... Or bigger!

I got these from another site on 'a general historical fightnight weights thread'... Not a Floyd thread, so no reason to suggest they were made up, but I can't verify them.

Mayweather - Victor Ortiz
Mayweather: 150
Ortiz: 164

Mayweather - Baldomir
Mayweather: 149
Baldomir: 162

Mayweather - Judah
Mayweather: 146
Judah: 150

Mayweather - Canelo
Canelo 165.5
Mayweather 150

Mayweather, 148 lbs.
Mitchell, 155 lbs.

I recall hearing figures of 149/150 floating around for maidana 1 and pac.

Whichever, consistently barely above the limit and lower than his opponents. He chooses to fight near his natural weight rather than cut. Hence my assertion he's the equivalent of a modern 140 fighter. I'm sure he could have stayed at 140 cutting weight if necessary - had there been the money fights there.

We keep hearing that golovkin is a small middle, could still make 154 if he wanted to etc because he only rehydrates 8 or 9 pounds...

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 24 Sep 2016, 7:48 am

With all due respect Boxing...

Last 5 years....

Geale...Barker...Sturm.....Macklin....Cotto...Canelo...GGG....Monroe jr....Martinez...Murray..Chavez jr.....

.McCallum...Kalambay...Graham...Benn.....Toney...Hearns...Eubank...Watson...Nunn.....Tate...Barkley.....Leonard....

Distinctly inferior in depth....me thinks to the late 80s early 90s..

As for GGG...Top 10 ATG middle

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by milkyboy Sat 24 Sep 2016, 8:33 am

There's a good argument that the late 80's/early 90's middle scene had as strong a group of fighters in it or at least passing through it as any in history.

Middle has been largely pants ever since though.

Don't think you can argue that it sucks at the moment... Just as you can legitimately point out that it's exaggerated by such a dominant fighter. Most dominant fighters get accused of fighting in a weak era. But these guys weren't exciting anyone before golovkin stuffed them.

Regardless, Golovkin would be a top fighter in any era.


Last edited by milkyboy on Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Sat 24 Sep 2016, 8:54 am

So Manny won the fight then hahahaha

You should have a word with Freddie Roach. He also thinks Floyd won. Considering he was in the opposing corner that night, do you think he knows more than your super Manny fans.

Max Kellerman also thought Floyd won. Manny is an HBO fighter. You better believe, if there was any way to spin it, they would.

Floyd won the fight with his jab and movement. His straight right helped keep Manny at bay.

I suggest you forget about edited slow mo videos and watch it in real time.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:14 am

Didn't want to make another thread.

Why is that idiot trainer Sanchez keep mentioning Floyd??

Does GGG now have the taste of blood, for fighting smaller men??

Grow a set and fight Ward. Forget guys that's two divisions south.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:53 am

milkyboy wrote:Couldnt make 144 for Marquez or wouldn't because he's a control freak who likes to have an edge and show who calls the shots?

Appreciate you're on a fishing trip haz, but by your criteria for Floyd, Duran, who fought there younger is a natural Welter.... Or bigger!

I got these from another site on 'a general historical fightnight weights thread'... Not a Floyd thread, so no reason to suggest they were made up, but I can't verify them.

Mayweather - Victor Ortiz
Mayweather: 150
Ortiz: 164

Mayweather - Baldomir
Mayweather: 149
Baldomir: 162

Mayweather - Judah
Mayweather: 146
Judah: 150

Mayweather - Canelo
Canelo 165.5
Mayweather 150

Mayweather, 148 lbs.
Mitchell, 155 lbs.

I recall hearing figures of 149/150 floating around for maidana 1 and pac.

Whichever, consistently barely above the limit and lower than his opponents. He chooses to fight near his natural weight rather than cut. Hence my assertion he's the equivalent of a modern 140 fighter. I'm sure he could have stayed at 140 cutting weight if necessary - had there been the money fights there.

We keep hearing that golovkin is a small middle, could still make 154 if he wanted to etc because he only rehydrates 8 or 9 pounds...

Floyd being 150 for Canelo is a hilarious joke, can't believe you fell for it

Go look at them in the ring, Floyd looks at least as big as Canelo, he does not in any way shape or form have a 15 pound weight advantage

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:11 am

I can't believe you want dismiss Mayweather so readily that you'll make up such a load of crap BF88 but you do, there was a clear size difference between the pair, Alvarez is more thick set in every way especially his legs and trunk.

You're becoming a parody of yourself now.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:12 am

Canelo was twice his size lol

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:42 am

I'm not dismissing him, I'm a mayweather fan, not a fan boy

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:44 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:I'm not dismissing him, I'm a mayweather fan, not a fan boy

You're not a fan 88. It's ok to admit you dislike him. 99% of the board would agree with you!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:57 am

AdamT wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:I'm not dismissing him, I'm a mayweather fan, not a fan boy

You're not a fan 88. It's ok to admit you dislike him. 99% of the board would agree with you!

Apart from trying to show that the Pacquiao vs Floyd fight was close

When have I ever discredited anything he has done?

Go on name just one instance

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 12:46 pm

You said Manny beat him, did you not??

If you don't hate him that's fine. That makes about 4 of us lol

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 12:54 pm

AdamT wrote:You said Manny beat him, did you not??

If you don't hate him that's fine. That makes about 4 of us lol

No I didn't I said it was close, I thought Floyd nicked it

I don't subscribe to the 118-110 TBE cool aid drinkers

I'm a big Floyd fan, I haven't missed a fight since I started watching boxing in 2007. I love watching him fight

I don't think he is perfect though, but if he fights again (I hope he doesn't he has faded badly in the last few years) then I will watch it, he is still good enough to beat most out there

Why do you think I keep saying GGG vs Floyd is a dumb idea, I don't want him going up against someone who is way bigger and will most probably put a beat down on him

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 1:12 pm

I had Floyd winning 9-3 first time, but since scored it 8-4.

Some rounds were very close.

Floyd is ducking GGG in some peoples eyes.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 1:28 pm

AdamT wrote:I had Floyd winning 9-3 first time, but since scored it 8-4.

Some rounds were very close.

Floyd is ducking GGG in some peoples eyes.

And GGG is ducking AJ in that case =/

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 2:01 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
AdamT wrote:I had Floyd winning 9-3 first time, but since scored it 8-4.

Some rounds were very close.

Floyd is ducking GGG in some peoples eyes.

And GGG is ducking AJ in that case =/

I like GGG. I really do. But there are some double standards regarding him. Anyway, there are certainly some MW's avoiding him. Can't doubt that.

I honestly don't think he would of moved to 168 to fight Ward. Yet he was willing to move to fight Froch.

He wouldn't of beat Ward. His team know that.


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by milkyboy Fri 30 Sep 2016, 2:31 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Couldnt make 144 for Marquez or wouldn't because he's a control freak who likes to have an edge and show who calls the shots?

Appreciate you're on a fishing trip haz, but by your criteria for Floyd, Duran, who fought there younger is a natural Welter.... Or bigger!

I got these from another site on 'a general historical fightnight weights thread'... Not a Floyd thread, so no reason to suggest they were made up, but I can't verify them.

Mayweather - Victor Ortiz
Mayweather: 150
Ortiz: 164

Mayweather - Baldomir
Mayweather: 149
Baldomir: 162

Mayweather - Judah
Mayweather: 146
Judah: 150

Mayweather - Canelo
Canelo 165.5
Mayweather 150

Mayweather, 148 lbs.
Mitchell, 155 lbs.

I recall hearing figures of 149/150 floating around for maidana 1 and pac.

Whichever, consistently barely above the limit and lower than his opponents. He chooses to fight near his natural weight rather than cut. Hence my assertion he's the equivalent of a modern 140 fighter. I'm sure he could have stayed at 140 cutting weight if necessary - had there been the money fights there.

We keep hearing that golovkin is a small middle, could still make 154 if he wanted to etc because he only rehydrates 8 or 9 pounds...

Floyd being 150 for Canelo is a hilarious joke, can't believe you fell for it

Go look at them in the ring, Floyd looks at least as big as Canelo, he does not in any way shape or form have a 15 pound weight advantage

Fell for what? I'm quoting reported weights. I said I couldn't verify them. I'm not the one with an agenda here. You show me something that supports your theory... Other than 'he looked the same size'.

He weighed 150 at the 30 day weigh-in for the pac fight. Or does he kill himself to make a 30 day weigh-in to keep up the excuse of him being small... to avoid fighting big Welters/at a higher weight as haz seems to imply?

I repeat. Golovkin walks around according to his trainer at 167-168, cuts to 160 for weigh-in, then rehydrates back to high 160's-170. We're told he's a small middle who can make 154.

Floyd who zipped through lightweight in a couple of years and light welter in a couple more before fighting for the first time as a welter just shy of 29 years old, is a fully fledged welter... Who makes up his fight night weights.

Ok

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 2:46 pm

milkyboy wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Couldnt make 144 for Marquez or wouldn't because he's a control freak who likes to have an edge and show who calls the shots?

Appreciate you're on a fishing trip haz, but by your criteria for Floyd, Duran, who fought there younger is a natural Welter.... Or bigger!

I got these from another site on 'a general historical fightnight weights thread'... Not a Floyd thread, so no reason to suggest they were made up, but I can't verify them.

Mayweather - Victor Ortiz
Mayweather: 150
Ortiz: 164

Mayweather - Baldomir
Mayweather: 149
Baldomir: 162

Mayweather - Judah
Mayweather: 146
Judah: 150

Mayweather - Canelo
Canelo 165.5
Mayweather 150

Mayweather, 148 lbs.
Mitchell, 155 lbs.

I recall hearing figures of 149/150 floating around for maidana 1 and pac.

Whichever, consistently barely above the limit and lower than his opponents. He chooses to fight near his natural weight rather than cut. Hence my assertion he's the equivalent of a modern 140 fighter. I'm sure he could have stayed at 140 cutting weight if necessary - had there been the money fights there.

We keep hearing that golovkin is a small middle, could still make 154 if he wanted to etc because he only rehydrates 8 or 9 pounds...

Floyd being 150 for Canelo is a hilarious joke, can't believe you fell for it

Go look at them in the ring, Floyd looks at least as big as Canelo, he does not in any way shape or form have a 15 pound weight advantage

Fell for what? I'm quoting reported weights. I said I couldn't verify them. I'm not the one with an agenda here. You show me something that supports your theory... Other than 'he looked the same size'.

He weighed 150 at the 30 day weigh-in for the pac fight. Or does he kill himself to make a 30 day weigh-in to keep up the excuse of him being small... to avoid fighting big Welters/at a higher weight as haz seems to imply?

I repeat. Golovkin walks around according to his trainer at 167-168, cuts to 160 for weigh-in, then rehydrates back to high 160's-170. We're told he's a small middle who can make 154.

Floyd who zipped through lightweight in a couple of years and light welter in a couple more before fighting for the first time as a welter just shy of 29 years old, is a fully fledged welter... Who makes up his fight night weights.

Ok

If the 30 day weigh in is official then I have no reason to doubt it and I stand corrected

However, Canelo weighed like 168 on fight night, if that's an 18 pound weight advantage then I'm going to start questioning a lot of fighters weights, because they look similar size to me

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 3:01 pm

milkyboy wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Couldnt make 144 for Marquez or wouldn't because he's a control freak who likes to have an edge and show who calls the shots?

Appreciate you're on a fishing trip haz, but by your criteria for Floyd, Duran, who fought there younger is a natural Welter.... Or bigger!

I got these from another site on 'a general historical fightnight weights thread'... Not a Floyd thread, so no reason to suggest they were made up, but I can't verify them.

Mayweather - Victor Ortiz
Mayweather: 150
Ortiz: 164

Mayweather - Baldomir
Mayweather: 149
Baldomir: 162

Mayweather - Judah
Mayweather: 146
Judah: 150

Mayweather - Canelo
Canelo 165.5
Mayweather 150

Mayweather, 148 lbs.
Mitchell, 155 lbs.

I recall hearing figures of 149/150 floating around for maidana 1 and pac.

Whichever, consistently barely above the limit and lower than his opponents. He chooses to fight near his natural weight rather than cut. Hence my assertion he's the equivalent of a modern 140 fighter. I'm sure he could have stayed at 140 cutting weight if necessary - had there been the money fights there.

We keep hearing that golovkin is a small middle, could still make 154 if he wanted to etc because he only rehydrates 8 or 9 pounds...

Floyd being 150 for Canelo is a hilarious joke, can't believe you fell for it

Go look at them in the ring, Floyd looks at least as big as Canelo, he does not in any way shape or form have a 15 pound weight advantage

Fell for what? I'm quoting reported weights. I said I couldn't verify them. I'm not the one with an agenda here. You show me something that supports your theory... Other than 'he looked the same size'.

He weighed 150 at the 30 day weigh-in for the pac fight. Or does he kill himself to make a 30 day weigh-in to keep up the excuse of him being small... to avoid fighting big Welters/at a higher weight as haz seems to imply?

I repeat. Golovkin walks around according to his trainer at 167-168, cuts to 160 for weigh-in, then rehydrates back to high 160's-170. We're told he's a small middle who can make 154.

Floyd who zipped through lightweight in a couple of years and light welter in a couple more before fighting for the first time as a welter just shy of 29 years old, is a fully fledged welter... Who makes up his fight night weights.

Ok

Good post. Can't argue with that. Very objective.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by AdamT Fri 30 Sep 2016, 3:02 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Couldnt make 144 for Marquez or wouldn't because he's a control freak who likes to have an edge and show who calls the shots?

Appreciate you're on a fishing trip haz, but by your criteria for Floyd, Duran, who fought there younger is a natural Welter.... Or bigger!

I got these from another site on 'a general historical fightnight weights thread'... Not a Floyd thread, so no reason to suggest they were made up, but I can't verify them.

Mayweather - Victor Ortiz
Mayweather: 150
Ortiz: 164

Mayweather - Baldomir
Mayweather: 149
Baldomir: 162

Mayweather - Judah
Mayweather: 146
Judah: 150

Mayweather - Canelo
Canelo 165.5
Mayweather 150

Mayweather, 148 lbs.
Mitchell, 155 lbs.

I recall hearing figures of 149/150 floating around for maidana 1 and pac.

Whichever, consistently barely above the limit and lower than his opponents. He chooses to fight near his natural weight rather than cut. Hence my assertion he's the equivalent of a modern 140 fighter. I'm sure he could have stayed at 140 cutting weight if necessary - had there been the money fights there.

We keep hearing that golovkin is a small middle, could still make 154 if he wanted to etc because he only rehydrates 8 or 9 pounds...

Floyd being 150 for Canelo is a hilarious joke, can't believe you fell for it

Go look at them in the ring, Floyd looks at least as big as Canelo, he does not in any way shape or form have a 15 pound weight advantage

Fell for what? I'm quoting reported weights. I said I couldn't verify them. I'm not the one with an agenda here. You show me something that supports your theory... Other than 'he looked the same size'.

He weighed 150 at the 30 day weigh-in for the pac fight. Or does he kill himself to make a 30 day weigh-in to keep up the excuse of him being small... to avoid fighting big Welters/at a higher weight as haz seems to imply?

I repeat. Golovkin walks around according to his trainer at 167-168, cuts to 160 for weigh-in, then rehydrates back to high 160's-170. We're told he's a small middle who can make 154.

Floyd who zipped through lightweight in a couple of years and light welter in a couple more before fighting for the first time as a welter just shy of 29 years old, is a fully fledged welter... Who makes up his fight night weights.

Ok

If the 30 day weigh in is official then I have no reason to doubt it and I stand corrected

However, Canelo weighed like 168 on fight night, if that's an 18 pound weight advantage then I'm going to start questioning a lot of fighters weights, because they look similar size to me

Canelo is a lot heavier boned than Floyd.

Floyd has very skinny wrists and ankles. He had to grown into his WW frame.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by milkyboy Fri 30 Sep 2016, 3:29 pm

BF
pac fight 30 day weigh-in:
http://www.cbssports.com/general/news/photo-floyd-mayweather-makes-30-day-weight-at-1505-pounds/

canelo fight 30 day weigh-in:
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/mayweather-jr-weighs-in-at-150-3-lbs-already-on-weight-for-canelo-clash-219297

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan... - Page 5 Empty Re: Canelo/Oscar's cunning plan...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum