The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Spence be next for Brook?

+16
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
owen10ozzy
melv500
Seanusarrilius
Rodney
EX7EY
Herman Jaeger
Dylan1979
Hammersmith harrier
Jermaine2015
Mr Bounce
mobilemaster8
catchweight
BoxingFan88
Rowley
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will Spence be next for Brook? Empty Will Spence be next for Brook?

Post by Rowley Fri 13 Jan 2017, 5:36 pm

Am sure some of us have been following on various outlets and social media platforms the increasingly tedious tale of the long mooted, but seemingly as unlikely as ever, fight between Brook and Khan. For those who have lives, hobbies or zero masochistic tendencies the latest comment from Khan is that Brook needs to fight Spence before fighting him. Putting aside the myriad things wrong with this statement from Amir, which would take months to pick apart,  it does suggest a fight between the two is as far or further away than was ever the case.

With the chances of the Khan fight apparently disappearing over the horizon there have been renewed calls for Brook to take care of his mandatory commitments and take on highly touted unbeaten American Errol Spence. I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with these calls. For one, with Garcia and Thurman committed to each other and Manny fighting someone called Jeff Horn on what appears to be a farewell tour Spence for me looks the best option available. Furthermore Spence is his mandatory, as such he has earned the right to be accommodated. Whilst boxing and the vagaries of the governing bodies rarely, if ever, make sense, the guy who has climbed to the top of the rankings being given a shot is or should be cast in stone. It’s the right thing to happen and should happen, especially when the governing bodies actually manage to rank the best contender in the division as the best contender in the division.

What seems really disappointing is Matchroom and Hearn seem really lukewarm about this fight. There is a definite irony in that when Dan and Bizier were his mandatories they had to be accommodated, Hearn’s hands were tied by the governing body and so on and so forth, but the minute the mandatory is a guy who actually has a chance he can seemingly be ignored and negotiations can be opened with anyone and everyone. It all smacks ever so slightly that Hearn’s sole endeavour currently is to secure enough of a name that he can avoid Spence and enough people will say, how can you accuse him of fighting Spence, when he is fighting X and has just fought Golovkin. If one was to be a conspiracy theorist you could argue the foundations for a similar defence are being laid  for Bellew in fighting Haye, when Breidis is in waiting as his mandatory.

I have seen a lot of people arguing online there is no money in Spence, but I am not convinced this is the case. Obviously he is not as big a name as GGG, but as a mandatory the governing body set his purse percentage, so he is sure as hell a lot cheaper to get here than Golovkin was. Also, it’s a good fight, might be the idealist in me but I still believe there is a market for those.  We all have our various views on Sky and Hearn but there is no denying they are a slick operation, they have huge marketing budgets, multiple dedicated sports channels and common ownership with some of the biggest circulation papers in the UK. What this all means is if they want to build Spence’s profile and increase public awareness of his name and his abilities they can. When you have managed to convince people the likes of Molina and Martin are credible opponents convincing people that someone of genuine ability is credible is surely not beyond your capabilities.  Also, outside of Manny and Khan are there any other fighters at welter who represent a huge step up in revenues? I personally have my doubts.

My own view, which I dearly hope is wrong is if they can’t secure Khan or a Bradley type they will shift Brook to 154. They will do so claiming they can no longer make welter and take on a limited challenge, which will be justified on the basis of testing the water, all in the hope that they will get the call to be next port of call in Manny’s farewell tour. Disappointing if so, but listening to Hearn when the subject of Spence comes up I do get the impression he is desperately seeking a way out of the fight that still allows him and Kell to retain a modicum of credibility.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Will Spence be next for Brook? Empty Re: Will Spence be next for Brook?

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 13 Jan 2017, 6:00 pm

Man I hope so

After all the bs mandatories where I have defended him countless times, if he turns around and doesn't fight a mandatory that we really want to see then I would be some sort of hypocrite to not call him out on it

The thing is, if they go with the Khan fight next, I can't really blame them, but I won't really be defending him either, Spence has been waiting for a long time for the shot and he should get it

the IBF do things by the book and if Brook doesn't fulfil the mandatory obligation they will strip him of that belt and rightly so, I don't like the fact that contenders wait nearly a year to get a shot, just look at Callum Smith, he hasn't really fought anyone of note in 2016

Khan says he won't fight Brook if he doesn't have a belt and certainly won't fight him next and Manny has the mega event with Horn in Australia to look forward to, so I don't see where Brook goes

Eddie did an interview on IFL and it made me much less sure the fight was going to happen, talking about dropping the belt or moving up to 154. I won't blame Brook either if he is struggling to make weight, but its pretty poor to make Spence wait when you have no intention of fighting him

The Spence fight is a great fight for us hardcore fans and they may be able to play the loud mouth American coming over to get the casuals on board, but it pails in comparison to a Manny or Khan fight

I think its a great fight for Brook to take in terms of increasing his profile in America, after all the chirpping they have done, if he beats Spence, which I have full confidence he can, then he will get a lot of credit for it

I will look like a clown if he doesn't fight Spence after all the defending I did of Brook, but so be it, I'm wrong all the time, isn't the first and most certainly won't be the last time

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 13 Jan 2017, 6:51 pm

Id like to see the fight. Hopefully Brook wont be put back on the bum of the month circuit.

There were rumours a while ago that Brook was on the verge of leaving Matchroom or a better deal elsewhere and I sensed he was frusted when he was being undermatched. Hopefully that will mean Matchroom will have to deliver big fights.

It is noticeble that having been pretty happy to take on Biziers and Dan under the guise of unavoidable mandatories, they are not rushing to get the Spence fight done. Reading between the lines you can see its obviously something that they would be consider avoiding if there were other options. I understand the two parties have been talking though so its definately an option being explored. If its not Spence, then I would be hopefull thats its at least a big fight.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 13 Jan 2017, 8:26 pm

Good article as good responses on this, I completely agree.

My only concern is that we won't get the big fight and we will see Brook take a trip to 154 for a bout with a gatekeeper.

Should fight Spence in May then Khan in September.....Then take a punt at a higher weight or unify with Garcia/Thurman.

Will be refreshing to see an actual unification on Saturday between two very very good fighters who both want to prove their the best in their respective divisions.

Garcia vs Thurman....LSC vs Frampton....All refreshing fights.

Brook vs Spence is the next best thing at 147 in my eyes.

To avoid that would be a HUGE disappointment.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 13 Jan 2017, 8:34 pm

I rate Spence, and Brook is pretty good as well - I think it's a cracking match and certainly one preferable to the "will they/won't they" Brook-Khan nonsense.
He's the mandatory and a great unbeaten prospect. I would like to see how 2 of the best at the weight face off against each other.

If Brook relinquishes, I think it's a pretty obvious duck. I think he wants it though - it's the promoters that'll need convincing as it's high risk. For me it's a pick 'em unless Brook's eye plays up. I think Brook could win a close (probably hometown) decision in a thriller.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 13 Jan 2017, 8:40 pm

Completely agree mate would be a cracking competitive fight.

Brook vs Khan would be a mismatch in my eyes. High rewards and easy night for brook.

Spence is good reward but a bloody hard fight high risk.

Who knows, maybe we will be surprised and the fight will get made....But judging by Hearns track record promoting Brook...We will no doubt see the Special K being in a thriller with Sergio Martinez at 160lbs come may

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 13 Jan 2017, 9:33 pm

The Spence fight has everything

- America vs UK
- American recognition on a win
- Mandatory challenger (Justifies fighting all the others)
- Shuts Khan up

And Spence has never really been tested, maybe he is the real deal, maybe he isn't?

Best time to get him is now I say

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 13 Jan 2017, 9:43 pm

Matchroom have been pretty cool on the Spence fight considering how easily they made Bizier and Dan. Purse bids are in a few weeks I think. But Khan seems to be the top priority. Both are quality fights so I wouldnt complain either way. As long as its not a bargain basement opponent pushed on ppv due to a stacked undercard featuring the McDonnells, Smiths and Quigg against little known midgits.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:24 pm

Who's Brook gonna beat at 154 to get a belt? Maybe the lesser Charlo(Jermell)? Lara would box his ears off. Jermall Charlo looks a class above. Boo Boo Andrade(likely to get a shot when Canelo vacates WBO belt) is also sensational. Slim pickings for Brook

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:27 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Who's Brook gonna beat at 154 to get a belt? Maybe the lesser Charlo(Jermell)? Lara would box his ears off. Jermall Charlo looks a class above. Boo Boo Andrade(likely to get a shot when Canelo vacates WBO belt) is also sensational. Slim pickings for Brook

Neither of the Charlo's look that impressive to me and Andrade has been too inactive; Brook could beat any of them.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:29 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Who's Brook gonna beat at 154 to get a belt? Maybe the lesser Charlo(Jermell)? Lara would box his ears off. Jermall Charlo looks a class above. Boo Boo Andrade(likely to get a shot when Canelo vacates WBO belt) is also sensational. Slim pickings for Brook

Neither of the Charlo's look that impressive to me and Andrade has been too inactive; Brook could beat any of them.
Andrade is different class IMO. I like Jermall Charlo seems to be more fearless than his brother.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:35 pm

You bemoan Brook for not fighting anyone but Andrade has fought Martirosyan and that's it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 14 Jan 2017, 9:37 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You bemoan Brook for not fighting anyone but Andrade has fought Martirosyan and that's it.

You forgot to add the fearsome Brian Rose. Very Happy boxing

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan1979 Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:07 am

I have no doubt that Brook will beat Spence. Spence has horrible defence and I think Brook will expose this for sure. At first glance I thought Spence was the real deal, but after a closer look at his resume, and taking into account that he is on the juice, it's very easy to see that Haymon is just trying to build another science experiment, just like wilder.

I know some have said that Brook looked transformed physically at times, but facts are facts, he passed Vada testing for GGG. To my knowledge Spence hasn't been anywhere near a Vada test.

You've also gotta take into account the Haymon Hearn relationship. Brook could win easily on the cards and get jobbed, even in the UK. Remember the Brook Porter fight where the ref allowed no in fighting, taking away most of Porters game. This happened in the US, Haymon had control over all that, for some reason he screwed Porter and gifted the Hearn fighter the win.

Not a fight to bet on if you're sensible

Dylan1979

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:43 am

I dont think they are keen to make the Spence fight. If they thought it was a sure thing then I think they would have made it. They look to be getting desperate for a Khan fight. Mixed messags from Matchroom on it. Mandatories were unavoidable when they were pushovers. Numerous eliminators had to be fought to get to a title when they involved nobodies. Brook was only welterweight when he fought Golovkin. Now there is good mandatory obligation there its becoming about how Brook is really an enormous welterweight that struggles to make weight, the title might be vacated, other options are available, Brook v Khan would make sense at 154lbs etc. Kind of rubbishy.

It sounds like Khan wants the fight a 147lbs with a title on the line and a tune up fight in between as he is coming off hand surgery. Matchroom seem to prefer the fight happening now with no tune up and at 154 or an in between catchweight, even if it means vacating a title. If I was Khan, I would probably take advantage of the spot Brook is in to leverage the negotiations in his favour. Matchroom are so keen to have the fight happen next that they will probably give away more concessions.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 14 Jan 2017, 12:03 pm

Hearn should give up on Khan and concentrate on making the Spence fight but why is Hearn so dead against the Spence fight for Brook?

Hearn looking a little desperate in recent interviews trying to explain the situation I think Amir might be enjoying this a little bit and who could blame him after the constant disrespect from Brook

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 14 Jan 2017, 12:06 pm

The only disrespect has come from Khan who has an inflated sense of his own importance.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 14 Jan 2017, 12:10 pm

True Khan has an irritating inflated sense of his own importance but Brook is always very disrespectful to him in the interviews I've seen constantly saying he's going to knock him out

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 14 Jan 2017, 12:16 pm

That's not disrespect at all, at no point has he made out he's above Khan or that he's not worth fighting.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 14 Jan 2017, 12:25 pm

Queen Khan?

That's not disrespectful ok

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Mon 16 Jan 2017, 2:27 pm

Kell is not fighting Spence, simple as that. Watch all the interviews with Hearn, he mentions it a lot himself and you can just tell they don't want it. Not sure about Kell, he says he doesn't want to vacate and I'll take his word on it but we'll never know.

The issue is right now Kell has the aura of still being unbeaten at WW and he holds the IBF strap. He may well beat Spence but if he doesn't then both of those cards go up in smoke and Hearn won't fancy that.

If Kell doesn't get the Khan fight then he should fight Spence. If you can make 147 for Khan then you can damn well make it for your mandatory. As has been said, there was no issue making 147 for Dan, Gavin, and Bizier - and one would think after being laid up after a stabbing there would be a struggle getting back down to 147 but no there was no mention of it.

If its a case of genuinely having one fight left at 147 then fair enough, fight Khan and vacate. Sort of can;t blame him for that because its his money fight. But if the Khan fight can't happen, have your last fight at 147 against the ONLY worther contender you will have had to face sine becoming champion otherwise you will go down as a very poor WW champion, in my eyes.

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 16 Jan 2017, 2:57 pm

I sincerely hope so but unlikely. I haven't enjoyed Brook's comments in the old chestnut "None of the fans have heard of Spence" the irony is laughable considering he's probably had one of the worst title reigns of mismatched fighters in modern history (AJ and Deontay Wilder aside)

I'd prefer Brook v Spence over Khan personally but would understand if Brook sidestepped him to face Khan first then Spence, however what we're likely to see is Brook v a sellable but ultimately overmatched light middleweight someone like Liam Smith. Boxing becomes more frustrating by the year.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 16 Jan 2017, 3:50 pm

Hearn seems very keen on Spence NOT being next for Brook. Realizes Spence is very dangerous but has little to no profile in UK. Wont want the risk. I think Hearn only wants Brook to stick around at Welter for Khan, then move up to 154. Brook is clearly huge at 147. But Khan is a $$$ guarantee so worth training himself one more time for

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Mon 16 Jan 2017, 5:03 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've read Hearn saying they have to make the Spence fight then look at Khan or even Pac Man mentioned. It sounded like they know Spence has to be the next fight and it'll be in the UK. Maybe he fancies the judges here will be lenient. They know Khan is taking a tune up so they have no other option but to fight Spence. Also I can't see how they fight Khan next at WW and keep the IBF strap? Khan won't fight him without a belt on the line.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 16 Jan 2017, 5:30 pm

I have every confidence in Brook that he will make the Spence fight next going off his most recent interview he's always said he's about pleasing the fans and giving them what they want and I reckon he's going to prove it with his next fight he knows everyone wants to see the Spence fight

Golovkin followed by Spence you can't knock him for those two back to back on the contrary if he beats Spence then Khan has to fight him or be labelled a total fraud

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 16 Jan 2017, 5:53 pm

I'm not sure he will now

His team are 'telling him' to move up

If you are going to move up then do it and let Spence fight for the vacant title

Stop wasting his time I hate it when they make contenders wait only to vacate anyway

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Mon 16 Jan 2017, 6:19 pm

But if he moves up no Khan fight and unless he gets Canelo then no big money fights really at LMW. All the money at WW so may as well risk Spence in my opinion. If he loses he claims he was drained at the weight and move up. If he wins he gets the big $$$ against Khan and if he wins that he will get another big fight at WW.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 16 Jan 2017, 6:29 pm

If they went for Andraady straight away at 54 then that would be an acceptable reason not to fight Spence imo

If it's an acclimatise at the weight agenda fighting all the fringe contenders(doing a Danny Garcia) then it's going to look like a bit of an MO(repeating what he did at 47) and his welterweight career is going to look like a bit of a fraud

I'd be hugely surprised if he doesn't fight Spence though always viewed Brook as a real fighter win over Spence too might secure a big payday against the Filipino

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 16 Jan 2017, 6:56 pm

It certainly looks like Matchroom are not keen on the Spence fight. But I think now Brook has had a taste of a big purse and a big ppv fight Matchroom will be under pressure to deliver fight. I dont think Brook would be happy vacating a title and moving to 154 simply to fight another string of 154lb nobodies.

One thing to consider is that Matchroom already have two ppv cards set up for March/April. Another for Brook around that time might be overfishing unless it was a surefire sell like Brook v Khan. Maybe they might be content to wait it out for Khan later in the year.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Jan 2017, 1:28 pm

Thought this would be of interest given the mention of Hearn & co not fancying the Spence fight and his lack of ambition for this mandatory in comparison to previous...

Would you believe it...he's now using Twitter to publicly show off the ordering of Smith vs Badou Jack... Seems people were right...happy when it suits old Hearn..

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10731778/wbc-order-badou-jack-and-callum-smith-negotiations

Let's hope Spence shows up on Twitter with a letter of his own later today Smile

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Jan 2017, 10:01 pm

Brook isn't fighting Spence without checking out that eye and Spence is mandatory. .

Hearn is desperate for Khan.....Amir insist on 145 Brook/ Hearn will agree to anything..

Deal is yours....Get what you want kid.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 18 Jan 2017, 5:28 pm

Brook should just give Khan whatever he wants. He will certainly knock Khan out.

Khan knows, or at least his team knows, that Kell will flatten him.

Khan was a good 140lber before Garcia cleaned his clock. Not convinced he is a good 147 fighter. Alexander aside, he has done little.

Brook easy ko.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Jan 2017, 6:25 pm

Khan is...Evens or 5/4 vs Brook..

Strange odds for someone certain to lose...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 18 Jan 2017, 10:20 pm

Good for the punter. He hasn't a prayer.

I guess gullible casual fans will think he has a chance. Brook destroys him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Jan 2017, 10:37 pm

Well that's it then..

Look on the brightside if Khan doesn't accept then Brook can always chuck a chair at Froch.....It's the fight the public wants to see...They have always hated each other and Brook as we know is a natural super middle..

"It's mouthwatering Johnny"...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:19 am

If Khan was in Maidana form, he would have a good chance. Not sure he's that good anymore.

He did look very good at 140 in a time.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:25 pm

Looks like Spence is out the window if reports are correct based on Eddies latest interview!!!!

"Fans need to realise that this is a business. Khan makes us 3 times more money and is 3 times easier than Spence, so that's what being discussed with the team"

Well, no Eddie, you gain pipe. It's alright fighting easy picking mandatories for ok cash and having them PPV....but now your fighter has a GENUINE mandatory....and you run off!!!! Absolute Con.

Loving Showtime, PBS currently....and Sky....

De Gale vs Jack!?
Frampton vs Santa Cruz 2!?
Thurman vs Garcia!?

Come on Eddie, pull your I am a twonk of the highest order pants up.

Your doing Haye vs Bellew!?!?!?!? Brook vs TBC!?!?!? (Or Khan...about level with ???)...Joshua Hyoe Train who's PC appearance has gone to another level recently!!!!

May just boycott UK fighters apart from Frampton and De Gale.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:30 pm

If Khan is interested a 50/50 with Spence is out the window.

Titles mean nothing I'm afraid...Too many !!...If there was one belt Brook couldn't afford to dump..

Hearn is being smart....If Boxing was run properly he fights Spence because the title is everything

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 1:49 pm

Eddie Hearn says Khan-Brook fight is dead until later in the year. A purse split couldn't be agreed. Looks like Brook-Spence will be next

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 1:50 pm

Been a bit of back and forth between Khan and Eddie/Brook on twitter today.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:03 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Eddie Hearn says Khan-Brook fight is dead until later in the year. A purse split couldn't be agreed. Looks like Brook-Spence will be next

He isn't fighting Spence with that eye..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 3:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Jermaine2015 wrote:Eddie Hearn says Khan-Brook fight is dead until later in the year. A purse split couldn't be agreed. Looks like Brook-Spence will be next

He isn't fighting Spence with that eye..

Eye or no eye, he wouldnt be fighting Spence on any day of the year, ever, period.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 23 Jan 2017, 7:12 pm

Matchroom might not want the fight, but if the Khan fight is off the menu for the time being then where else do they credibly go? Sometimes you have just have to settle for a tough fight and take the gamble. Brook needs a fight like this.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 23 Jan 2017, 9:52 pm

Brook dropping the belt then?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 24 Jan 2017, 9:28 am

I find it amazing that Brook can "get up" for mandatory challengers like Jo Jo Dan or Kevin Bizier....but cant get up for an undefeated Olympian who is touted as the next best thing at 147.

Sorry, but this would be a clear duck IF he drops the belt and avoids the fight.

He has the tools to dominate at 147 but has never tested himself at weight, with the exception of Porter

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Tue 24 Jan 2017, 9:35 am

Have to agree mobile. Dropping the belt is a duck plain and simple. I get the feeling maybe Hearn is the one avoiding rather than Brook as Brook does come across as willing to take on anyone.

If he does vacate he has to move up and stay up or his credibility will be gone forever.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 24 Jan 2017, 2:23 pm

melv500 wrote:Have to agree mobile. Dropping the belt is a duck plain and simple. I get the feeling maybe Hearn is the one avoiding rather than Brook as Brook does come across as willing to take on anyone.

If he does vacate he has to move up and stay up or his credibility will be gone forever.

Its certainly a duck

If Brook had the Khan fight to go to then it could be argued

No excuses, drop the belt or fight him, he waited long enough

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Tue 24 Jan 2017, 4:12 pm

Yes agree. A Khan fight would be the only accreption to that. But that's looking dead in the water for now.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Jan 2017, 5:13 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:
melv500 wrote:Have to agree mobile. Dropping the belt is a duck plain and simple. I get the feeling maybe Hearn is the one avoiding rather than Brook as Brook does come across as willing to take on anyone.

Its certainly a duck

If Brook had the Khan fight to go to then it could be argued

No excuses, drop the belt or fight him, he waited long enough

It isn't a duck.....After moving up two weights to fight the number 1 GGG he is allowed in my opinion to fight a lesser opponent than Spence........Belt vacation or not !!

Always okay for Eastern Europeans to fight stiffs on here but UK and US fighters are cowards all the time.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 24 Jan 2017, 10:24 pm

Have to agree with Truss.

It's a business decision too. He has just got beat up by the top guy at 160. Back to back losses would really harm his earning potential.

He wants the Khan fight and a potential loss would kill it. I would like to see Khan vs Brook, more than Brook vs Spence.

I think Brook and Khan will have one gimme now and after they win, it will really drum up interest among everyone.

Khan v Brook is a local blockbuster that can make huge money. Both of these guys would be mental not to fight. The pay day would be much better than any other fight out there.

I think Brook wins, but if Khan fights disciplined, he could do a number on Kell. He is rangy and very fast. Unfortunately for Khan bravado will be his downfall

This fight needs to happen and I think it does later this year.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next