The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+23
mikeygnfl
GSC
Pr4wn
Good Golly I'm Olly
JDizzle
crazy_dave23
Marky
No name Bertie
Breadvan
Duty281
BamBam
CJB
rugbybanter
TightHEAD
dummy_half
Forward Pass
gazzyD
Fernando
Nathaniel Jacobs
twelve283
aucklandlaurie
TM Moot
westisbest
27 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 7 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pr4wn wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Love this Texans D. They're amazing without Watt. Scary.

Amazing is a bit far - they're pretty good, nothing special.

Number one D in the NFL without their best player.

They're one of about 8 teams to hold that tag - and lets face it it's measured in yards...in points the #1 D was the Pats.

No great defences out there this year, just a lot of pretty good ones. If they had Watt, maybe they'd be great...but they don't
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 7 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by GSC Tue 18 Jul 2017, 4:13 pm

They won one with a losing record, won another the very year he arrived and the core of the Super bowl team was built before Gettleman arrived
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 7 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Jul 2017, 4:18 pm

I just find it funny how the media and fans will leap to rationalise a clearly stupid decision. Much like with the Chiefs and Dorsey. These organisations clearly aren't doing this strategically because they've let their best in house candidates already walk. It's a stupid move and Carolina will be much worse off for it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 18 Jul 2017, 4:26 pm

Equally, I love how armchair owners jump to rubbish a decision made by someone with decades more experience in football team ownership than them.

You don't know anywhere near as many details about this situation as Jerry Richardson does.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Jul 2017, 4:32 pm

I think history will have me on the right side of this in the end

Olly > Jerry Richardson
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Jul 2017, 8:35 pm

And Jerry Richardson is hiring the GM who got Carolina into cap and aging talentless roster hell in the first place back

Seems real smart to me
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Jul 2017, 9:05 pm

Mike Williams needs season ending back surgery cos the Chargers gotta Charger
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:20 pm

Finally the Conley r*** allegations have been sorted and he's been cleared......thank Christ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:21 pm

Finally the Conley r*** allegations have been sorted and he's been cleared......thank Christ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:23 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:23 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:34 pm

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 10:59 pm

God knows why that posted 6 times

Stupid phone has a mind of its own

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:21 pm

Just in case anyone reads this section but doesn't go in the individual fantasy league threads, there's still room to join in. Regardless of knowledge level, don't be afraid to ask.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 11 Aug 2017, 5:40 pm

Zeke suspended 6 games. Jerruh furious

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Aug 2017, 5:58 pm

Sammy Watkins traded to the Rams

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 11 Aug 2017, 6:06 pm

The Bills have decided to trade their good players for some reason
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 11 Aug 2017, 6:25 pm

That is going to be one awful, awful division this season.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Aug 2017, 5:23 pm

The Bucs have released Aguayo

I'm dying.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Aug 2017, 8:27 pm

Who'd have thought trading up in the second round for a kicker who couldn't kick accurately from beyond 40 yards was a bad move huh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 13 Aug 2017, 9:58 pm

The Bears claim Aguayo. If he can't makes kicks in Tampa Bay not sure the Windy City is the place for him.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 14 Aug 2017, 1:35 pm

Maybe the wins will actually make him more accurate.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 17 Aug 2017, 12:12 am

Pr4wn wrote:Maybe the wins will actually make him more accurate.

What an unfortunate typo. As if the Bears are going to win much this year... Wink

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Aug 2017, 3:20 pm

For those of you who love the Pats, "Do your job 2" will air on NFL Network on 6th September, the same night as "America's Game"

I AM STOKED
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 03 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

skins4ever wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:Maybe the wins will actually make him more accurate.

What an unfortunate typo. As if the Bears are going to win much this year... Wink

And then there's this:
[url=<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMEMES.of.the.NFL%2Fposts%2F1609118385801510&width=500" width="500" height="449" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>]Aguayo out of Chicago[/url]

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 03 Sep 2017, 9:49 pm

Su'a Cravens has seemingly told teammates that he intends to retire! Has apparently been talked out of it.... for now. Placed on non-football exempt list so he's out 4 games minimum... if he comes back at all.

Dear oh dear

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 03 Sep 2017, 9:50 pm

Unclear story coming out of the Skins. Su'a Cravens has been placed on the exempt/left team list. Word is he's retired but no clear picture yet. First takes seem to suggest he's going because of injuries, but very unclear. Unusual if its personal choice to do this so close to the season... Erm

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 03 Sep 2017, 9:51 pm

Oops, posted at same time. Whistle

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 06 Sep 2017, 2:50 pm

Bucs and Dlophins has been postponed until week 11 meaning that neither team will get a bye this season. Brutal for both.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Wed 06 Sep 2017, 5:28 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Bucs and Dlophins has been postponed until week 11 meaning that neither team will get a bye this season. Brutal for both.

ouch, a week 1 bye

I guess it makes sense with Imra moving in

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 06 Sep 2017, 8:43 pm

It's the unfortunate case of sharing a bye week and thus giving an obvious, easy solution

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 07 Sep 2017, 1:13 am

Possibly more unfortunate to be non-divisional rivals in the same state that the hurricane is hitting, leaving no option but to move the game. Week 1 with all other teams in action and no viable alternate location, so with same bye week it was always going to be rescheduled to that week. Guess they both get an extra week of camp, in effect, assuming they are able to train this week!

On the plus side, for Miami, at least Cutler has an excuse for his wayward passes...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 07 Sep 2017, 5:23 pm

On a trivial side note, this is the first time in history 2 teams go into week 2 at 0-0. Smile

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Sep 2017, 9:11 am

Some post sleep (well a nap!) reflections;

Offence was "ok" - thought McDaniels called a bad game in all honesty. He gets praised enough, but he does throw a few stinkers in a season like this. No idea why we went away from the no huddle, no idea why we didn't give Gronk more opportunities, and I'd have liked to see them run the ball more (as when we did, we had some success). Ultimately though, we scored 27 points against a good defence without playing anywhere near our best, so I'm not too worried. Cooks did look good, as did Gilleslee.

Defence was an abject disaster - Patricia got absolutely embarrassed by Andy Reid, who was one step ahead all night. If Hightower is really hurt, we're in trouble. Our inability to stop the run worried me, we knew the pass rush would be iffy, but the D is built to stop the run and got nowhere near doing that.

Interesting to note both Belichick and Brady stressed about "attitude and competitiveness" in their post game press conferences. I felt both were sorely lacking in that 4th quarter, particularly the final few drives. I imagine Belichick is going to absolutely tear into them during this week for that. Seemed to me like a few of them expected the Chiefs to come and roll over.

Not a disaster to lose the first game (as pointed out everywhere, the last 3 times we lost the opener we won the Super Bowl), but not ideal. The AFC East means we could go 9-7 and win the division ultimately, but this is a home loss to a conference rival - this matters come playoff seeding time.

The Chiefs I thought were magnificent from the 1st quarter onwards. Smith played his best game I've ever seen him play. Kareem Hunt was incredible. It's such a shame Eric Berry looks to have torn his achilles because he was all over the field for their D - hate to see the best players go down injured.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:37 am

Reality is for all the hype around skill players added, their OL and defensive front 7 are distinctly average at best. A DE they picked up for a throwaway pick 5 days ago played most of the game.

When you can't trust the protection, and your favourite target is gone it forces the QB to hold the ball while trying to get rid of it quickly. It's not worth panicking yet, but you can only scheme around talent deficits for so long. Most worrying part would be the Chiefs largely admitted to following Atlanta's offensive game plan (for 3 quarters)
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:42 am

GSC wrote:Reality is for all the hype around skill players added, their OL and defensive front 7 are distinctly average at best. A DE they picked up for a throwaway pick 5 days ago played most of the game.

When you can't trust the protection, and your favourite target is gone it forces the QB to hold the ball while trying to get rid of it quickly.  It's not worth panicking yet, but you can only scheme around talent deficits for so long. Most worrying part would be the Chiefs largely admitted to following Atlanta's offensive game plan (for 3 quarters)

Agreed re: the front 7, but harsh on the OL. They were good last night - very good in the run game, and gave Brady plenty of time. Just the Chiefs coverage was excellent and without Edelman we had nobody who could reliably get open. A couple of throwaway sacks at the end of the game shouldn't cloud what was a decent performance. Mason/Thuney are good young guards, and Solder/Cannon are solid tackles (although Solder is on the decline).
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:45 am

The Chiefs rushed 3 most of the night and still got hits in.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 08 Sep 2017, 1:50 pm

I had Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill in the same team in the fantasy Keeper League Very Happy

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 08 Sep 2017, 3:13 pm

So, Brady threw a few ugly wobblers but he was largely ok. Gronk was getting dominated by Eric Berry until the latter got injured. The Patriots defensive front 7 were shocking and you can clearly tell there's no MLB depth behind Hightower. Hunt was fantastic but he had some huge holes to run through.

Cannon mostly performed well considering he had to deal with Houston for the whole game.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 10 Sep 2017, 6:09 pm

Its a new season, but the Browns are still the Browns... Punt Block TD is the first Sunday TD of the year...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 10 Sep 2017, 6:36 pm

Kirk Cousins sucks

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 10 Sep 2017, 6:41 pm

LOL!! Redskins have come out every bit as bad as I thought they would be.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 10 Sep 2017, 7:30 pm

Number-25 wrote:Kirk Cousins sucks
Not as much as Andy Dalton.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Sep 2017, 7:48 pm

Or tom savage
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 8:09 pm

This Kizer fella is going to be a fun watch this season. A right mixed bag.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm

3rd and 9 at midfield up by two points and you're throwing the most obvious WR screen in history? Go to hell Doug Pederson - Lombardi is right about this dude
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 10 Sep 2017, 8:48 pm

Gotta love Kirk Cousins making a mockery of his contract demands.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 10 Sep 2017, 9:14 pm

lmfao refs.

Job done, wasn't all pretty but some promise there.

Skins on the other hand, that was an ugly display.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 10 Sep 2017, 9:20 pm

It's not all bad... we should be in decent position in the draft next year to pick our next QB.

Redskins deserved nothing from that game so I'm relaxed about the fact that it was clearly Eagles employees that were officiating the game.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next