The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up

+28
majesticimperialman
No 7&1/2
Tattie Scones RRN
bluestonevedder
Mr Bounce
RDW
SecretFly
mikey_dragon
Cyril
Luckless Pedestrian
maestegmafia
wayne
formerly known as Sam
BigGee
chris_501
Blueschief
carpet baboon
BamBam
lostinwales
Khouli Khan
Gooseberry
RiscaGame
TightHEAD
bsando
LondonTiger
Noble-Surfer
Taylorman
LordDowlais
32 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up - Page 8 Empty Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2019, 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wales' 2020 Six Nations Squad:

Forwards (21)

Rhys Carre (Saracens) (6 Caps)
Rob Evans (Scarlets) (36 Caps)
Wyn Jones (Scarlets) (22 Caps)
Elliot Dee (Dragons) (29 Caps)
Ryan Elias (Scarlets) (9 Caps)
Ken Owens (Scarlets) (73 Caps)
Leon Brown (Dragons) (6 Caps)
WillGriff John (Sale) (*uncapped)
Dillon Lewis (Blues) (22 Caps)
Jake Ball (Scarlets) (42 Caps)
Adam Beard (Ospreys) (20 Caps)
Seb Davies (Blues) (7 Caps)
Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys) (134 Caps) (CAPTAIN)
Will Rowlands (Wasps) (*uncapped)
Cory Hill (Dragons) (24 Caps)
Aaron Shingler (Scarlets) (26 Caps)
Aaron Wainwright (Dragons) (18 Caps)
Taulupe Faletau (Bath) (72 Caps)
Ross Moriarty (Dragons) (41 Caps)
Josh Navidi (Blues) (23 Caps)
Justin Tipuric (Osprey) (72 Caps)

Backs (17)

Gareth Davies (Scarlets) (51 Caps)
Rhys Webb (Toulon) (31 Caps)
Tomos Williams (Blues) (16 Caps)
Dan Biggar (Northampton) (79 Caps)
Owen Williams (Gloucester) (3 Caps)
Jarrod Evans (Blues) (3 Caps)
Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets) (25 Caps)
Nick Tompkins (Saracens) (*uncapped)
Owen Watkin (Ospreys) (22 Caps)
George North (Ospreys) (91 Caps)
Josh Adams (Blues) (21 Caps)
Owen Lane (Blues) (2 Caps)
Johnny McNicholl (Scarlets) (*uncapped)
Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester) (*uncapped)
Jonah Holmes (Leicester Tigers) (3 Caps)
Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets) (85 Caps)
Liam Williams (Saracens) (62 Caps)

Back to top Go down

Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up - Page 8 Empty Re: Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 5:49 pm

Here is my squad based on 37 players:

Rob Evans, Wyn Jones, Nicky Smith
Ken Owens, Ryan Elias, Eliot Dee
WillGriff John, Dillon Lewis, Leon Brown

AWJ, Jake Ball, Cory Hill, Shingler, Beard

Tpiuric, Navidi, Wainwright, Faletau, Moriarty, Thomas Young

Tomos W, Rhys Webb, G Davies
Dan Biggar, Jarrod Evans, Rhys Patchell

Parkes, Scott Williams, Owen Watkin, Thomas-Wheeler

George North, Josh Adams, Zammit, Lane
Leigh Halfpenny, Liam Williams, J McNicholl

Back to top Go down

Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up - Page 8 Empty Re: Wales - 2019/20 - Pivac, Grand Slams, and beyond - Post-RWC '19 and 2020 6Ns build up

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 5:50 pm

Cracking team that

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jan 2020, 7:43 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I think the fact that Eddie was sniffing around almost confirms it. Pivac isn't daft. I wonder what he does with Carre though, does he still include him and have him feature in round 3?

I think we should get Sheedy and Protheroe in the squad now too. Cap them and give them an international future

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 7:55 pm

They're not that good maesteg. Do you not think trying to win the six nations is a better tactic, and save capping youngsters for the autumn instead? I'd be surprised if Pivac prioritised capping Proterhoe, who is 23 and never looked international quality, or Sheedy, who is 24 and in no danger of being capped by England, either.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:00 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I think the fact that Eddie was sniffing around almost confirms it. Pivac isn't daft. I wonder what he does with Carre though, does he still include him and have him feature in round 3?

I think if Carre is available you use him. A great prospect, with our established props Evans and Smith not really tearing up trees or struggling with injuries we need options. Wyn has come on really well. And on the other side of the scrum WilGriff looks worth a punt as does Leon. With Dillon back our tightheads are looking ok.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:22 pm

Zammo is not interested in playing for England. He’s says in the bbc article today that he dreams of playing for Wales if he can keep up the good showing for Glos. Good lad!

Good move by Glos. If they’d left it til after the squad announcement then Gatland’s law could have come into play, perhaps? Now he can play for both til at least the next contract, and maybe beyond if Gat’s law is scrapped.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:29 pm

The Oracle wrote:Zammo is not interested in playing for England.  He’s says in the bbc article today that he dreams of playing for Wales if he can keep up the good showing for Glos.  Good lad!

Good move by Glos.  If they’d left it til after the squad announcement then Gatland’s law could have come into play, perhaps?  Now he can play for both til at least the next contract, and maybe beyond if Gat’s law is scrapped.

Hopefully by his next contract comes around one of the Welsh regions will select him.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:33 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Zammo is not interested in playing for England.  He’s says in the bbc article today that he dreams of playing for Wales if he can keep up the good showing for Glos.  Good lad!

Good move by Glos.  If they’d left it til after the squad announcement then Gatland’s law could have come into play, perhaps?  Now he can play for both til at least the next contract, and maybe beyond if Gat’s law is scrapped.

Hopefully by his next contract comes around one of the Welsh regions will select him.

Depends if he's got the Francis loophole written into it.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:37 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

That involves none of the regions approaching to sign him doesn’t it?

Hopefully by then he’ll be a superstar wing with 45 international tries to his name..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:37 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

I think if Carre is available you use him. A great prospect, with our established props Evans and Smith not really tearing up trees or struggling with injuries we need options. Wyn has come on really well. And on the other side of the scrum WilGriff looks worth a punt as does Leon. With Dillon back our tightheads are looking ok.

I think so too. I haven't been all that impressed with Wyn Jones tbh but he is better than Evans and Smith. As I alluded to the likes of Ireland, England, France, SA, NZ and Aus all have better props than us, it's been clear for 3 seasons at least. We need to see if Carre, John and Brown are the answer to closing the gap and we only achieve that by giving them exposure. I don't think it'll happen overnight but now is a good time to start.

It looks like Liam Williams will be in too. Apart from that I don't think we'll be bringing in any more injured and banned players?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:38 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Hopefully by then he’ll be a superstar wing with 45 international tries to his name..!

Francis had a clause which enabled him to extend the current contract without signing a new one, I think. It dodged the 60 cap rule. It would be good for a region to get him at the end of that contract.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:47 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

I think so too. I haven't been all that impressed with Wyn Jones tbh but he is better than Evans and Smith. As I alluded to the likes of Ireland, England, France, SA, NZ and Aus all have better props than us, it's been clear for 3 seasons at least. We need to see if Carre, John and Brown are the answer to closing the gap and we only achieve that by giving them exposure. I don't think it'll happen overnight but now is a good time to start.

It looks like Liam Williams will be in too. Apart from that I don't think we'll be bringing in any more injured and banned players?

To be fair to Evans and Smith they are in a rut, injuries curtailed what was very good form. But we need to continue to strengthen the pool.

Great news that Liam Williams is available. I know Halfpenny is getting some great accolades but until I see him beat a man one on one as easily as most of the other welsh qualified fullbacks do, he will always be a safe option rather than an exciting one.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jan 2020, 9:54 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Francis had a clause which enabled him to extend the current contract without signing a new one, I think. It dodged the 60 cap rule. It would be good for a region to get him at the end of that contract.

Definitely. The regions need better players to be able to compete against the better teams in the PRO14 and Europe.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 11:20 pm

Exactly. No rush to cap him unless he looks good enough. Should be ok for Italy but wouldn't risk it against anyone else. Issue is he might score a hat trick and then Pivac's forced to pick him by the media. Tough one. I'd leave him out for now if I were Pivac. A headache you don't want to have early on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 11:22 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

That's strange. Why? Is it his try scoring you've not been impressed with? His solid scrummaging? Or maybe his support play in the loose?

The less people play for Wales the better they get in some peoples minds. Strange.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2020, 11:23 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

To be fair to Evans and Smith they are in a rut, injuries curtailed what was very good form. But we need to continue to strengthen the pool.

Great news that Liam Williams is available. I know Halfpenny is getting some great accolades but until I see him beat a man one on one as easily as most of the other welsh qualified fullbacks do, he will always be a safe option rather than an exciting one.

Did you watch Halfpenny down in Cardiff a few weeks back?

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:35 am

maestegmafia wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Lock is the other interesting call. Hill back from injury and playing really well despite being picked at 6, or Jake Ball who I think is in his best form. AWJ did enough to show he’s ready, Beard on the other hand looks a little off his game still. Seb Davies was at 8 for blues and hasn’t really shown the best of his ability.

Hill or Ball to partner AWJ but do we take one as sub or two flankers one being a reserve lock..? I’m keen to see Ball as a bench impact player after AWaj and Hill have done the hard Yards. Maybe Shingler will be our bench flanker anyway as I expect him not to get a starter spot over navidi.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 9:26 am

I'd go for AWJ and Jake Ball as starters personally. I've been so impressed with Ball lately. He seems to be one of the only players to get over the gainline and punch holes pretty much every time he gets the ball. I think, for his size, he's pretty quick off the mark and time to get up to speed. He seems to be able to truck it up even when the play is slow and he's not coming on to the ball at pace. Other lock forwards for us look like they're running in treacle when they get the ball!

I'm also a big Wyn Jones fan (prop). Think he's done really well lately. As far as I can tell (scrum not being my area of expertise!) that he seems solid in the scrum. And his loose and support play seems great. Almost Gethin-esque, while perhaps being better in the scrum than Gethin. Certainly 1st choice for me but great if we can give him some competition. On the other side, I know Brown got off to a bad start but I genuinely feel he is a star in the making. Dean Ryan and, more recently, Olivier Azam, seem to have worked some magic with him and he's coming on really well in the scrum at the Dragons. They've commented that he's worked on feedback and wants to find ways of improving and becoming a scrummaging force. He's still young for a top level TH at 23. Wyn Jones, on the other side of the scrum, is only coming into his own at this level at 26/27. Would love to see Brown kick on over the next few years. If he can sort the scrummaging, and Ryan reckons he's turned things around massively already, then he'll have the potential to be a great all rounder as he can be an absolute menace in the loose with ball in hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 14 Jan 2020, 9:32 am

The Oracle wrote:I'd go for AWJ and Jake Ball as starters personally.  I've been so impressed with Ball lately.  He seems to be one of the only players to get over the gainline and punch holes pretty much every time he gets the ball.  I think, for his size, he's pretty quick off the mark and time to get up to speed.  He seems to be able to truck it up even when the play is slow and he's not coming on to the ball at pace.  Other lock forwards for us look like they're running in treacle when they get the ball!

I'm also a big Wyn Jones fan (prop).  Think he's done really well lately.  As far as I can tell (scrum not being my area of expertise!) that he seems solid in the scrum. And his loose and support play seems great.  Almost Gethin-esque, while perhaps being better in the scrum than Gethin.  Certainly 1st choice for me but great if we can give him some competition.  On the other side, I know Brown got off to a bad start but I genuinely feel he is a star in the making.  Dean Ryan and, more recently, Olivier Azam, seem to have worked some magic with him and he's coming on really well in the scrum at the Dragons.  They've commented that he's worked on feedback and wants to find ways of improving and becoming a scrummaging force.  He's still young for a top level TH at 23.  Wyn Jones, on the other side of the scrum, is only coming into his own at this level at 26/27.  Would love to see Brown kick on over the next few years.  If he can sort the scrummaging, and Ryan reckons he's turned things around massively already, then he'll have the potential to be a great all rounder as he can be an absolute menace in the loose with ball in hand.

Brown certainly has some pace and power in the loose stuff

He’s got some really good coaches around him now and that should help get him progressing fast.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 14 Jan 2020, 11:53 am

With Brown, it’s the same as what I said about LRZ’s supposed defensive issues. He is supposed to be working with international coaches, so they should be able to work on his technique (if there are issues). They get long enough in camp, after all. Azam has done some good stuff with him and I have been very impressed.

Agree on starting Wyn Jones and Ball.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Tue 14 Jan 2020, 12:12 pm

Starting with the ball is always a good plan.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 14 Jan 2020, 1:37 pm

RiscaGame wrote:With Brown, it’s the same as what I said about LRZ’s supposed defensive issues. He is supposed to be working with international coaches, so they should be able to work on his technique (if there are issues). They get long enough in camp, after all. Azam has done some good stuff with him and I have been very impressed.

Careful, you wouldn't want somebody to 'preach' their disappointment over you having a different perspective to them now would you...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Tue 14 Jan 2020, 1:55 pm

Brown has heaps of potential and I would have him in the squad while he keeps improving. With Azam at Dragons and Humphreys coaching it shouldn’t be too long before he ticks all the boxes.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Tue 14 Jan 2020, 1:58 pm

Have watched LRZ nearly every week, his defence isn’t bad for a winger, it’s certainly better than Steff Evans and North, and the lad will only get better.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 2:25 pm

RiscaGame wrote:With Brown, it’s the same as what I said about LRZ’s supposed defensive issues. He is supposed to be working with international coaches, so they should be able to work on his technique (if there are issues). They get long enough in camp, after all. Azam has done some good stuff with him and I have been very impressed.

I think you're perhaps overestimating what international coaches actually do. They're definitely not there to develop on individual skills. If he's defensively or tactically poor in training, he won't play.

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 14 Jan 2020, 3:24 pm

Blueschief wrote:Have watched LRZ nearly every week, his defence isn’t bad for a winger, it’s certainly better than Steff Evans and North, and the lad will only get better.

Interesting, thank you.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 14 Jan 2020, 4:38 pm

Simon Thomas's prediction in the Western Mail / Wales Online:

Potential Wales squad:

Backs: Leigh Halfpenny, Liam Williams, Josh Adams, Johnny McNicholl, George North, Owen Lane, Louis Rees-Zammit, Hadleigh Parkes, Owen Watkin, Scott Williams, Owen Williams, Dan Biggar, Jarrod Evans, Gareth Davies, Tomos Williams, Rhys Webb

Forwards: Wyn Jones, Rob Evans, Rhys Carre, Ken Owens, Elliot Dee, Ryan Elias, Dillon Lewis, Leon Brown, WillGriff John, Alun Wyn Jones, Jake Ball, Adam Beard, Cory Hill, Josh Navidi, Aaron Shingler, Aaron Wainwright, Taulupe Faletau, Ross Moriarty, Justin Tipuric

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-six-nations-squad-announcement-17564750

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 14 Jan 2020, 4:41 pm

That's not bad is it, would be surprised if Owen Williams was in though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 14 Jan 2020, 5:39 pm

guestalt_physicality wrote:

I think you're perhaps overestimating what international coaches actually do. They're definitely not there to develop on individual skills. If he's defensively or tactically poor in training, he won't play.

Nobody is suggesting he is poor defensively, quite the opposite, he is better than two of our regular wales squad wingers.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 14 Jan 2020, 5:41 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:That's not bad is it, would be surprised if Owen Williams was in though.

It’s not a bad idea, I saw some of his game last week and he looked good, ive always liked him as a player. Good tactical alternative to Parkes.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 5:54 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
guestalt_physicality wrote:

Nobody is suggesting he is poor defensively, quite the opposite, he is better than two of our regular wales squad wingers.

I would suggest that he is based on this being his first season of pro rugby and what I've seen of him. Great finisher but he's far from the finished product. I'm surprised so many people have such iron clad guarantees on his abilities given he's played 10 games of top class rugby for Gloucester. It's not just defence either, it's experience, positioning etc. Fine against Italy unless they're a lot better than they were but I wouldn't want him playing against England. We've seen Steff Evans have a tough game down in Twickenham 2 years ago and that was after several caps. If he starts in Twickenham England will target him ruthlessly and they will profit from it because he's 18 and only played 10 games of professional men's rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 5:59 pm

guestalt_physicality wrote:Here is my squad based on 37 players:

Rob Evans, Wyn Jones, Nicky Smith
Ken Owens, Ryan Elias, Eliot Dee
WillGriff John, Dillon Lewis, Leon Brown

AWJ, Jake Ball, Cory Hill, Shingler, Beard  

Tpiuric, Navidi, Wainwright, Faletau, Moriarty, Thomas Young

Tomos W, Rhys Webb, G Davies
Dan Biggar, Jarrod Evans, Rhys Patchell

Parkes, Scott Williams, Owen Watkin, Thomas-Wheeler

George North, Josh Adams, Zammit, Lane
Leigh Halfpenny, Liam Williams, J McNicholl

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

Backs: Leigh Halfpenny, Liam Williams, Josh Adams, Johnny McNicholl, George North, Owen Lane, Louis Rees-Zammit, Hadleigh Parkes, Owen Watkin, Scott Williams, Owen Williams, Dan Biggar, Jarrod Evans, Gareth Davies, Tomos Williams, Rhys Webb

Forwards: Wyn Jones, Rob Evans, Rhys Carre, Ken Owens, Elliot Dee, Ryan Elias, Dillon Lewis, Leon Brown, WillGriff John, Alun Wyn Jones, Jake Ball, Adam Beard, Cory Hill, Josh Navidi, Aaron Shingler, Aaron Wainwright, Taulupe Faletau, Ross Moriarty, Justin Tipuric

Great minds think alike. He's just left out Thomas-Wheeler and Thomas Young and gone for Carre over Nicky S and Owen Williams over Patchell, which makes sense to be honest. Otherwise it really picks itself I would think.If Pivac does throw a curveball I cannot seee where it will come from.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:41 pm

Hallam Amos' hopes of featuring for Wales in this year's Six Nations title defence have been dented as the full-back and wing has been ruled out for a month.

The 25-year-old was pulled out of Cardiff Blues' European Challenge Cup defeat at Leicester Tigers at the weekend following an ankle injury.

Good news though that Justin Tipuric and Scott Williams are in contention to feature this weekend as they both bid to make their return from injury.

The Ospreys take on Munster in their final Champions Cup game this Sunday

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 14 Jan 2020, 7:25 pm

It’s weird that miaow still tries to be right on everything and does his utmost to drown out opposing perspectives, now under a new guise whilst pretending to be a preacher man. It’s got to stop, or someone needs to make it stop Rolling Eyes. I wouldn’t begrudge Rees-Zammit getting called up, nor would I lie about him just so I can appear to be right. He’s the talk of the premiership. BOD and Eddie Jones think he’s good enough, and when they talk about rugby I usually listen:

https://mobile.twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1216421683642425347

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 14 Jan 2020, 7:34 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:That's not bad is it, would be surprised if Owen Williams was in though.

It’s not a bad idea, I saw some of his game last week and he looked good, ive always liked him as a player. Good tactical alternative to Parkes.

He’s been away a while and when in the team he looked well out of his depth at 12, albeit opposite Aus and NZ. I wouldn’t mind seeing him tested at fly-half at some point, but that would rely on some good shows for Gloucester and continued injuries to the incumbent fly-halves. So for me that would be an odd one, like Scott Williams would be given the awful form he’s been in for a few seasons.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:49 pm

Just looked Willgriff John up on wiki. Says he was born in England (Plymouth). How does that work with residency and qualification for Wales? He hasn’t played in Wales for 7 years. Is he even eligible?! Was he ‘captured’ by Wales with the U20s back in 2012 or something? If not then surely his residency would qualify him for England only? Unless I’m missing something.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:51 pm

....or a parent/grandparent! Probably the most likely, and obvious. Ignore me. Having a senior moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 9:29 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:It’s weird that miaow still tries to be right on everything and does his utmost to drown out opposing perspectives, now under a new guise whilst pretending to be a preacher man. It’s got to stop, or someone needs to make it stop Rolling Eyes. I wouldn’t begrudge Rees-Zammit getting called up, nor would I lie about him just so I can appear to be right. He’s the talk of the premiership. BOD and Eddie Jones think he’s good enough, and when they talk about rugby I usually listen:

https://mobile.twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1216421683642425347

Youre a nasty, nasty piece of work.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 14 Jan 2020, 10:41 pm

Yeah miaow and so are you and you still don’t see it, which is why everyone was glad when miaow left the site.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 14 Jan 2020, 10:44 pm

The Oracle wrote:Just looked Willgriff John up on wiki.  Says he was born in England (Plymouth).  How does that work with residency and qualification for Wales?  He hasn’t played in Wales for 7 years.  Is he even eligible?!  Was he ‘captured’ by Wales with the U20s back in 2012 or something?  If not then surely his residency would qualify him for England only?  Unless I’m missing something.......

I think his parents are Welsh. Not sure what they were doing in Plymouth but they returned to the valleys when he was still young, and he went on to represent Wales through all the age grade levels. He had a stint with Cardiff which was partially successful, then he went around the world a bit before growing as a player with Sale. Proper grafter he is, and now I think his time has come. Did you watch when Scrum V interviewed him?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 11:27 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Yeah miaow and so are you and you still don’t see it, which is why everyone was glad when miaow left the site.

I have watched this site since 2011 and had an account in 2013 so I know how many people you are responsible for bullying from this website. I can tell you are a deeply unhappy man and I feel sorry for you but if you repeatedly attack me because you believe I am mioaw then I will stand up for myself. Grow up and seek help in the right place not taking your problems out on the internet. Your constant mentioning of former members like Phil and now miaow is pathetic and sickening. It shows where you mind really is and why youre here.

I am here because I thought miaow leaving might stop the fighting but no oh no i was mistaken!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jan 2020, 11:32 pm

Ass for the rugby I see rumours about a Saracens centre getting called up. This was one thing I wondered about. Wales have good scouting in England and th eexiles with Jonah Holmes and etc. so will be interesting to see how that goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 15 Jan 2020, 12:10 am

Oh the irony😆. You gotta stop now miaow, we know it’s you, and with every post you make it blatantly obvious. Everything you’ve written there has been done to death, by you. Whilst you’re looking up irony in the dictionary I suggest you look for narcissist too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:35 am

Gents,

No-one wins from "alt shaming". Threads are derailed and frankly it gets boring.
Argue the posts but IF (and not saying this is the case) someone deleted an account for a new start they are effectively a new poster.

Also note nothing in the rules against this, with multiple accounts or banned posters creating new accounts are against the rules

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:36 am

And back to the rugby. Lots of suggestions that due to a grandma born in Wales we may see Nick Tompkins of Sarries called up.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Wed 15 Jan 2020, 8:45 am

LondonTiger wrote:And back to the rugby. Lots of suggestions that due to a grandma born in Wales we may see Nick Tompkins of Sarries called up.

That’s certainly a shock. Seems very highly regarded, so this could be great work by Pivac.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 15 Jan 2020, 9:13 am

RiscaGame wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:And back to the rugby. Lots of suggestions that due to a grandma born in Wales we may see Nick Tompkins of Sarries called up.

That’s certainly a shock. Seems very highly regarded, so this could be great work by Pivac.

It may of course force Eddie's hand. After all Tompkins is about as Welsh as Shane Howarth Run (His "Welsh" granny was apparently born in 1933 and left more than 80 years ago)

It would be a great coup for Wales if he jumped ship, a good long term replacement for JD2

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 15 Jan 2020, 9:29 am

LondonTiger wrote:No-one wins from "alt shaming". Threads are derailed and frankly it gets boring.
Argue the posts but IF (and not saying this is the case) someone deleted an account for a new start they are effectively a new poster.

I think you had better do something about their posts if you’d like threads to stay on track. People don’t like to be bitched at or told that they’re clueless because they have a different point of view. Just saying, as nothing got done about this before. I won’t respond to them from now on if nothing will be done.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 15 Jan 2020, 9:30 am

RiscaGame wrote:

Well that’s crazy, and I had no idea. I hope he’s a 13! 

Goes to show that we aren’t producing enough good centres with Parkes poached, with Halaholo and Tompkins to come.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Jan 2020, 10:08 am

The Oracle wrote:....or a parent/grandparent!  Probably the most likely, and obvious.  Ignore me.  Having a senior moment.

He played under 20s lives in wales most of his life and has welsh parents.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next