The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

+56
Hoonercat
irfon17
eirebilly
Pot Hale
George Carlin
TJ
Collapse2005
Mr Bounce
Geen sport voor watjes
Yoda
Dirtydave
Scottrf
mid_gen
tigertattie
Heaf
Duty281
BigGee
rozakthegoon
Cumbrian
hugehandoff
Barney McGrew did it
Fat Fairy
formerly known as Sam
chris_501
No 7&1/2
Poorfour
Sharkey06
No9
Recwatcher16
yappysnap
bluestonevedder
Comfort
Cyril
RiscaGame
Soul Requiem
Noble-Surfer
Luckless Pedestrian
WELL-PAST-IT
BigTrevsbigmac
LondonTiger
Afro
BamBam
MichaelT
SecretFly
Khouli Khan
Gooseberry
Pie
Rugby Fan
lostinwales
mikey_dragon
Geordie
king_carlos
Maddogflanker
Old Man
majesticimperialman
TightHEAD
60 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 - Page 15 Empty ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by TightHEAD Mon 24 Feb 2020, 4:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

England  rose  v Wales  Wales  - 07/03/2020 - 16:45pm - the HOME of Rugby.

England XV

Daly; Watson, Tuilagi, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs; Marler, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Kruis, Lawes, Wilson, Curry

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Stuart, Launchbury, Ewels, Earl, Heinz, Slade

Wales XV

Halfpenny; North, Tompkins, Parkes, Williams; Biggar, T Williams; R Evans, Owens, D Lewis, Ball, AW Jones (capt), Moriarty, Navidi, Tipuric.

Replacements: Elias, Carre, L Brown, Shingler, Faletau, Webb, J Evans, McNicholl.

Overall - Played 134 - Eng 63 - Wales 59 - Drawn 12

Last edited by TightHEAD on Thu 05 Mar 2020, 1:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 - Page 15 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by MichaelT Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:37 am

Agree with that - between the world cup warm up and the game the other week, Tom Curry has had numerous punches and forearms to the face, high shots and cheap shots. It does look like he was targeted.

MichaelT

Back to top Go down

ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020 - Page 15 Empty Re: ENGLAND v WALES - Match Thread / Build up - 7/3/2020

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:40 am

MichaelT wrote:Agree with that - between the world cup warm up and the game the other week, Tom Curry has had numerous punches and forearms to the face, high shots and cheap shots. It does look like he was targeted.

After tipping him, Williams made sure he put his arm in his face too.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:45 am

Tmo s and citing officials dont seem to be consistent at all.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by irfon17 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:45 am

Collapse, I think you are right with regards to Marler's intentions, but I don't think it is relevant that Marler was likely only trying to be funny or provoke a reaction. If you go up to somebody in the street or at work and fondle their genitals, I don't think "It was funny" or "I was only trying to get a reaction" would stand up as defences in court. I realise that a rugby field is a very different context to work or the street, but a line has to be drawn to protect the reputation of the sport. If fondling genitals is seen as a minor offence, what will we see next in an attempt to provoke a response, players inserting their fingers into each other's orrifices? Players urinating on each other?

irfon17

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:46 am

Welsh fans being relatively gracious in defeat, English fans being terrible winners.... what a swing shouldn't it be the other way around?

Eddie should have the book thrown at him for claiming the ref was cheating (especially after they've just won) and then and INDEPENDANT citing officer cites another 2 English players but of course, they're biased aswell… zzzzzzzzzzzz

That was a dirty game of rugby, the welsh didn't stray past the line anywhere near as often or as far as the English players I'm afraid, that's down to their experience - and why we're talking about most of the incidents coming from English players...

Also worrying to see such a difference of opinion on the marler - AWJ incident, he should be copping at last a 12 week ban which is the entry point - that is not in the spirit of rugby at all and he's lucky AWJ did hold himself back, imagine he'd done that to the french prop...

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:48 am

Comfort wrote:Welsh fans being relatively gracious in defeat, English fans being terrible winners.... what a swing shouldn't it be the other way around?

Eddie should have the book thrown at him for claiming the ref was cheating (especially after they've just won) and then and INDEPENDANT citing officer cites another 2 English players but of course, they're biased aswell… zzzzzzzzzzzz

That was a dirty game of rugby, the welsh didn't stray past the line anywhere near as often or as far as the English players I'm afraid, that's down to their experience - and why we're talking about most of the incidents coming from English players...

Also worrying to see such a difference of opinion on the marler - AWJ incident, he should be copping at last a 12 week ban which is the entry point - that is not in the spirit of rugby at all and he's lucky AWJ did hold himself back, imagine he'd done that to the french prop...

Aside from all the times they strayed past the line you would be right, how no Welsh got cited is a mystery.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:48 am

I would say let's have the tmo s step up efforts to eradicate the holding on and winding up of opposition players but they cant cope with what they have to do now. It's going to be down to coaches and players themselves to decide what they find acceptable.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:55 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:I would say let's have the tmo s step up efforts to eradicate the holding on and winding up of opposition players but they cant cope with what they have to do now. It's going to be down to coaches and players themselves to decide what they find acceptable.

Eddie’s really going to have his work cut out! And he says he doesn’t even like coaching!

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelT Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:55 am

Comfort wrote:That was a dirty game of rugby, the welsh didn't stray past the line anywhere near as often or as far as the English players I'm afraid, that's down to their experience - and why we're talking about most of the incidents coming from English players...

As an English fan, this is something the team need to address. Something is clearly not right there regarding the attitude and behaviour. The New Zealand win last year, England dominated is fair to say and there were no instances of dirty play by anyone. Just a great game played very well.

Whether its the final defeat, the Saracens issue, having to play so soon after the world cup (I believe thats had an impact), something is not right and it is embarrassing.

England should be sitting on two bonus point wins in the last two games, with one hand on the trophy. They only have themselves to blame.

MichaelT

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 8:57 am

I dont think england are too fussed about ending it Oracle. But nor are any of the other teams.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:00 am

Pie wrote:Marler will probably toss in the towel (again) he is immature to say the least and rums for momma when the pressure comes on

No, he suffers from mental illness.

Not really a laughing matter you Tool.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:16 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Also you make a good point about the number of sanctions. It seems baffling after the Ireland game, with shoulder charges in plenty of rucks totally unpunished that England have now got players getting cited.

Nothing stood out in the Ireland game quite like the dangerous play from Tuilagi which is way too obvious and dangerous not to sanction.

I see Jones might get a ban too which is not really surprising for hinting at the ref being a cheat. This England side has a tendancy to be a bit of a cheap shot side under Jones which based on his interviews he clearly encourages. Bound to catch on him a some stage.

As opposed to Wales and Ireland who were whiter than white OK

Ireland arent a cheap shot side, they dont obsess about taking opposition players out of the game like England does. Yes the Ireland team have committed banable offenses but dont "target players" as part of a game plan like England do.

I suppose they didn't target Tom Curry did they, all teams do it so stop with the holier than thou attitude.

No they didnt target him they cleared him out in rucks when he was infringing. Not the same thing. In that game it did seem like Ireland had as a game plan upped the ante re physicality but that was across the board rather than with respect to one player.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:18 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Also you make a good point about the number of sanctions. It seems baffling after the Ireland game, with shoulder charges in plenty of rucks totally unpunished that England have now got players getting cited.

Nothing stood out in the Ireland game quite like the dangerous play from Tuilagi which is way too obvious and dangerous not to sanction.

I see Jones might get a ban too which is not really surprising for hinting at the ref being a cheat. This England side has a tendancy to be a bit of a cheap shot side under Jones which based on his interviews he clearly encourages. Bound to catch on him a some stage.

Ireland arent a cheap shot side, they dont obsess about taking opposition players out of the game like England does. Yes the Ireland team have committed banable offenses but dont "target players" as part of a game plan like England do.

I suppose they didn't target Tom Curry did they, all teams do it so stop with the holier than thou attitude.

No they didnt target him they cleared him out in rucks when he was infringing. Not the same thing. In that game it did seem like Ireland had as a game plan upped the ante re physicality but that was across the board rather than with respect to one player.

Of course it's the same thing, the only difference being you wish to defend one and not the other.

Imagine if Tom Curry has a bit of an AWJ moment and decides to whine about it.

Last edited by Soul Requiem on Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoonercat Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:18 am

Rugby Fan wrote:The key really is AWJ. Shanklin says he was surprised AWJ seemed to throw Marler under the bus, when most assumed the two players would be on good terms from the Lions tour. Then again, he has a good point. It's not really clear if Marler thought he was having a laugh, or trying to get AWJ to react. The Welshman rightly points out that it was only his self-control that stopped him from clocking Marler, and drawing a harsh penalty himself. Even if Marler was trying to kid around, AWJ doesn't have to see the joke. England vs Wales is never a laughing matter, and you have to imagine the death of Matthew J Watkins will have been on some Welsh minds too.

I think less to do with self-control and more to do with seeing an opportunity to get Marler sent off. He could have pushed Marler away, or pushed himself away from Marler. Instead he let it continue while looking to the touch judge. Hopefully his on-field reaction to the incident will be taken into account more than his off-field reaction.

Hoonercat

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:20 am

irfon17 wrote:Collapse, I think you are right with regards to Marler's intentions, but I don't think it is relevant that Marler was likely only trying to be funny or provoke a reaction. If you go up to somebody in the street or at work and fondle their genitals, I don't think "It was funny" or "I was only trying to get a reaction" would stand up as defences in court. I realise that a rugby field is a very different context to work or the street, but a line has to be drawn to protect the reputation of the sport. If fondling genitals is seen as a minor offence, what will we see next in an attempt to provoke a response, players inserting their fingers into each other's orrifices? Players urinating on each other?

I dont think you can compare going up to someone in the street and grabbing their tackle with what Marler did in the context of a rugby fight in which case intent seems clearer. If you did it in the street it would be hard to justify what your intent was. Agree on a ban dont agree that it was a sexual assualt.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:24 am

Who knows what happened on the Lions tour, Maybe AWJ and Marler got together at some point. Perfectly entitled to as we are all inclusive these days are we not. Wink

How come 606v2 doesn't have a rainbow/LGBTQ emoji?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:38 am

irfon17 wrote:Collapse, I think you are right with regards to Marler's intentions, but I don't think it is relevant that Marler was likely only trying to be funny or provoke a reaction. If you go up to somebody in the street or at work and fondle their genitals, I don't think "It was funny" or "I was only trying to get a reaction" would stand up as defences in court. I realise that a rugby field is a very different context to work or the street, but a line has to be drawn to protect the reputation of the sport. If fondling genitals is seen as a minor offence, what will we see next in an attempt to provoke a response, players inserting their fingers into each other's orrifices? Players urinating on each other?

Using that logic boxing would see participants arrested after every fight. As for the inserting of fingers, it's all been done before so it's already been seen.
Marler will cop a ban, how long we'll have to wait and see. He doesn't seem too worried about it all from his twitter response.

Back to the ongoing debate.
I've been on this forum since it's BBC days but this is the first year that I've seen fans whinge after winning. It happened after the Ireland game with one example of a poster citing Ireland's numerous red card offences that were missed. No Ireland players were cited yet similar voices are claiming similar things against the Welsh side yet once again, it's only England players that get the chance to bring the biscuits to the citing hearings.

Catch a grip folks. Be happy with your wins, celebrate them instead of spewing forth all this negativity.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:44 am

TightHEAD wrote:Who knows what happened on the Lions tour, Maybe AWJ and Marler got together at some point. Perfectly entitled to as we are all inclusive these days are we not. Wink

Because it would upset sensitive souls like yourself

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:47 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

Of course it's the same thing, the only difference being you wish to defend one and not the other.

AWJ has shown a lot of class throughout. He said that Marler is a good guy, he said that like he meant it and I believe he is likely a good guy too. He also didnt whine he answered a question that was put to him. His response was pretty reasonable under the circumstances. I think he also did really well not to clock Marler for the grab.

Curry can whinge if he wants for being cleaned out, maybe for the clean out being heavy handed but it wasnt a particularly notable incident compared to Tuilagi's tackle and Marlers tug so I dont think people would take it too seriously.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:47 am

Gooseberry wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:Who knows what happened on the Lions tour, Maybe AWJ and Marler got together at some point. Perfectly entitled to as we are all inclusive these days are we not. Wink

How does that work?
Recap for you - I just asked why there isn't one! laughing

I know life moves pretty fast, but do try and keep up. Whistle
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:49 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

AWJ has shown a lot of class throughout. He said that Marler is a good guy, he said that like he meant it and I believe he is likely a good guy too. He also didnt whine he answered a question that was put to him. His response was pretty reasonable under the circumstances. I think he also did really well not to clock Marler for the grab.

Curry can whinge if he wants for being cleaned out, maybe for the clean out being heavy handed but it wasnt a particularly notable incident compared to Tuilagi's tackle and Marlers tug so I dont think people would take it too seriously.

It's not all that notable having two Irish players target his head and then in the next match being tipped is it Doh

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:49 am

Have you seen the incidents being talked about in the ireland england game collapse? They did do the rounds but there were a couple of incidents where there were no arm clear outs to the head from the side.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:50 am

Gooseberry wrote:

Only if there wasn't a Toxic Heterosexual Masculinity emoji to balance things out.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:51 am

randy

We have this one. Erm
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:53 am

Which one is that? Coz if that's a bird on the bottom.... she ain't pretty....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:55 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
Collapse2005 wrote:

It's not all that notable having two Irish players target his head and then in the next match being tipped is it Doh

No one targeted his head Soul. Not sure where getting that hysterical point of view from but it seems quite dramatic. Clean outs hit him in the body first and bound to him so all good. There may have been contact with the head as part of the clean out which could have been penalised but there was obviously nothing clear and obvious like the direct contact to the head in the North/Tuilagi collision which was very obvious.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:55 am

I was thinking last night, had Manu got up from the Parkes cheap shot and started a pushing contest would the TMO had looked at it, also had Manu just lay there on the ground Parkes would have gone for sure.

The TMOs really need to start doing their jobs properly and just because a player doesn't react of faint injury for effect doesn't mean incidents shouldn't be reviewed.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:57 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
No one targeted his head Soul. Not sure where getting that hysterical point of view from but it seems quite dramatic. Clean outs hit him in the body first and bound to him so all good. There may have been contact with the head as part of the clean out which could have been penalised but there was obviously nothing clear and obvious like the direct contact to the head in the North/Tuilagi collision which was very obvious.

You clearly haven't seen the incident then.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:58 am

You cant have seen the incidents then collapse as they're pretty clear cut.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 10 Mar 2020, 9:59 am

TightHEAD wrote:I was thinking last night, had Manu got up from the Parkes cheap shot and started a pushing contest would the TMO had looked at it, also had Manu just lay there on the ground Parkes would have gone for sure.

The TMOs really need to start doing their jobs properly and just because a player doesn't react of faint injury for effect doesn't mean incidents shouldn't be reviewed.

Yes, but remember when we all wanted the TMO to be executed at dawn because of all his needless interruptions when it was a new toy?

"Let the f**kin' ref ref, for Christ's sake!  Let the game flow!"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelT Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:00 am

Don't think many English fans would say Tuilagi or Marler don't deserve bans, but Lawes being cited when Parkes wasn't, Owens wasn't and Ryan wasn't seems a justifiable complaint to me.

Also the double standard on Henshaws no arms tackle on May in comparison to Mays early tackle on Stockdale in the same game.

MichaelT

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:00 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:You cant have seen the incidents then collapse as they're pretty clear cut.

They really arent. Tuilagi's red card was clear cut.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:01 am

MichaelT wrote:Don't think many English fans would say Tuilagi or Marler don't deserve bans, but Lawes being cited when Parkes wasn't, Owens wasn't and Ryan wasn't seems a justifiable complaint to me.

Also the double standard on Henshaws no arms tackle on May in comparison to Mays early tackle on Stockdale in the same game.

Any clips of what Lawes did?

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:05 am

They were. Cant remember the first guy who did it but theres a good clip of toner putting in a hit. The tuilagi one probably was a red. Close with mitigation of the tackle but personally with the speed and no arms hes left himself open to that decision.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:07 am

This may or may not work collapse: https://twitter.com/WheresTommyV/status/1237051039511166976?s=09

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelT Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:09 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Any clips of what Lawes did?

https://www.ruck.co.uk/courtney-lawes-tackle-on-alun-wyn-jones/

MichaelT

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:09 am

Comfort wrote:Welsh fans being relatively gracious in defeat, English fans being terrible winners.... what a swing shouldn't it be the other way around?

Yes the bulk of the Welsh fans have been gracious in defeat(with at least one very active exception). Bad winners? I don't know, but none of the current conversation is anything to do with the rugby at all. That isn't driven by the English fans apart from the simple question marks over the perceived differences in how offences by each side were dealt with. Injustice winds everyone up. To be fair a good proportion of the 'whinging' is not coming from English or Welsh fans.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:14 am

lostinwales wrote:

To be fair a good proportion of the 'whinging' is not coming from English or Welsh fans.

Yeah, French and Italian posters here are as usual letting themselves down again, over-reacting, being needlessly aggressive and being total wind-up f**ks!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:16 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:They were. Cant remember the first guy who did it but theres a good clip of toner putting in a hit. The tuilagi one probably was a red. Close with mitigation of the tackle but personally with the speed and no arms hes left himself open to that decision.

Sorry I cant agree with you on this at all, there was very little in them at all I cant believe people are still talking about them. You could argue that Toner came in from the side maybe or some the clean outs were heavy handed but so what? You going to give a red card for going in from the side?

With Tuilagi at speed his first impact with North was to the head, sorry but thats probably going to get a red. The clean outs weren't directly on the head. They may have ended up on the head as part of the impact but nothing obvious whatsoever. You could pick out lots of similar fairly innocuous incidents in any game.

Thanks for posting the Lawes clip, not seeing much in that one either IMO.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:18 am

Collapse2005 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:They were. Cant remember the first guy who did it but theres a good clip of toner putting in a hit. The tuilagi one probably was a red. Close with mitigation of the tackle but personally with the speed and no arms hes left himself open to that decision.

Sorry I cant agree with you on this at all, there was very little in them at all I cant believe people are still talking about them. You could argue that Toner came in from the side maybe or some the clean outs were heavy handed but so what? You going to give a red card for going in from the side?

With Tuilagi at speed his first impact with North was to the head, sorry but thats probably going to get a red. The clean outs weren't directly on the head. They may have ended up on the head as part of the impact but nothing obvious whatsoever. You could pick out lots of similar fairly innocuous incidents in any game.

Thanks for posting the Lawes clip, not seeing much in that one either IMO.

So clear outs directly to the head weren't directly to the head and the first impact on North being his shoulder was his head, hmmm seems a balanced view of things.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:30 am

Come on soul there was nothing clearly directly to the head.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by irfon17 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:32 am

Soul, if you think that Tuilagi's first impact was with anything other than George North's head then you need to either look at a replay from another angle or get your eyes tested.

irfon17

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:34 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/smallclone_/status/1231596338946678784?s=21
That last one is direct to the head. Ryan is it?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelT Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:43 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/smallclone_/status/1231596338946678784?s=21

Its in at the side, reckless, leaves his feet and at Irelands 5 metre line. Should have been a penalty and yellow at least.

I don't actually see contact with Currys head, but I also dont see Ryans arms infront of his shoulders so how does he connect? Curry is also stationary and not involved in the play anymore after Toners clear out from the side.

MichaelT

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:47 am

Pie wrote:Marler will probably toss in the towel (again) he is immature to say the least and rums for momma when the pressure comes on

See, I would use a tissue.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:49 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/smallclone_/status/1231596338946678784?s=21

Ive seen this video and thought it was a bit bizarre how much people were complaining about it. I dont think you can tell from that video where the first contact is and its Ryan's chest that connects with Curry's whole body more than anything. No shoulder charge, no targetting the head, the impact wasnt even that heavy for god sake as Ryan was on the ground himself when he cleaned Curry out, etc. You can accuse him of being heavy handed as Curry had already been cleaned out but a red in that case would not have been justified at all, not convinced it was even a penalty, it might have been.

Last edited by Collapse2005 on Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:52 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

See, I would use a tissue.

Big lad our Joe......

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 10:53 am

MichaelT wrote:

Its in at the side, reckless, leaves his feet and at Irelands 5 metre line. Should have been a penalty and yellow at least.

I don't actually see contact with Currys head, but I also dont see Ryans arms infront of his shoulders so how does he connect? Curry is also stationary and not involved in the play anymore after Toners clear out from the side.

I actually dont think Toner was even in from the side, it just looks that way as Itoje was lying on the wrong side of the ruck as usual but not part of the ruck. Itoje's position made it look like Toner was in from the side but he wasnt really. The previous clean out by Ryan, the first one was marginally in from the side and could have been penalised but marginal enough too.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 11:00 am

That's a touch one eyed collapse!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Tue 10 Mar 2020, 11:06 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:That's a touch one eyed collapse!

Of course you would say that 7.5 but there wasnt a whole lot in those incidents and despite it all happening in front of the ref and the silly twitter campaigns sense prevailed on this occasion and no one took the hysteria seriously.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next