The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
lostinwales
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
Galted
12 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Is that the split?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:43 am

There would be no contractual right to compensation, but the best way of getting something from an organisation like Amazon is to try to get contact details for the UK executive complaints team (or equivalent) or just send a complaint addressed to the UK chief exec.

I used to work as an inhouse lawyer in Finanial Services and worked closely with the exec compalints team to resolve complaints that had been sent to the Chief Executive. Everything had to be dealt with quickly and we generally just handed out decent compensation without worrying too much about the merit of the complaint so that the person complaining woudln't go to the press. Justice in action!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:49 am

They will probably chuck some free Amazon Prime at you.

There were loads of stories about people receiving random stuff rather than the ordered PS5, ranging from air fryers, to cat litter.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:07 am

superflyweight wrote:  

I used to work as an inhouse lawyer in Finanial Services and worked closely with the exec compalints team to resolve complaints that had been sent to the Chief Executive.  Everything had to be dealt with quickly and we generally just handed out decent compensation without worrying too much about the merit of the complaint so that the person complaining woudln't go to the press.  Justice in action!

Were there any compalints about your work?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:27 am

Might send off a letter to the Chief Executive then.

I ordered 6 bags of cat litter for my miniature lynx and was sent this stupid piece of electronic equipment instead.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Yeah, he'll get a refund but that doesn't help getting a PS5. Hopefully get some compensation as well. Hard to believe a company as large as amazon not having decent systems in place to prevent fairly large scale theft.

You'd think it would be possible to incorporate the serial number into the operating system, allocate it when purchased online and disable any reported as stolen.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:  

I used to work as an inhouse lawyer in Finanial Services and worked closely with the exec compalints team to resolve complaints that had been sent to the Chief Executive.  Everything had to be dealt with quickly and we generally just handed out decent compensation without worrying too much about the merit of the complaint so that the person complaining woudln't go to the press.  Justice in action!

Were there any compalints about your work?

Sevral, wy u asks?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:19 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Yeah, he'll get a refund but that doesn't help getting a PS5. Hopefully get some compensation as well. Hard to believe a company as large as amazon not having decent systems in place to prevent fairly large scale theft.

You'd think it would be possible to incorporate the serial number into the operating system, allocate it when purchased online and disable any reported as stolen.

I remember when this place was about getting noshed off by tramps and silhouetting your old chap against the side of castles.

Solid post though, Galted. Write to Bezos and explain it. With a bit of luck you'll get one of his naughty pictures in return.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:30 pm

Galted wrote:

I remember when this place was about getting noshed off by tramps and silhouetting your old chap against the side of castles.

Solid post though, Galted. Write to Bezos and explain it. With a bit of luck you'll get one of his naughty pictures in return.

Apologies, Tino, I don't know what I was thinking.  No wonder you prefer being dead much of the time.

If it makes you feel better, my 3yo went through a week where he rubbed his knob against everything he could, chair corners, doorframes, bed-sides, was the hoping the little pervert would try it on the cat to cure him of his revolting ways but, touch wood*, he seems to have stopped.

* no pun intended.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:51 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Apologies, Tino, I don't know what I was thinking.  No wonder you prefer being dead much of the time.

If it makes you feel better, my 3yo went through a week where he rubbed his knob against everything he could, chair corners, doorframes, bed-sides, was the hoping the little pervert would try it on the cat to cure him of his revolting ways but, touch wood*, he seems to have stopped.

* no pun intended.

That's more like it. My eldest is a teenager and he also rubs his knob up against everything.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:48 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

* no pun intended.

That's more like it. My eldest is a teenager and he also rubs his knob up against everything.

Dispiriting as that is for me, I won't let such a revelation michaels the thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:21 am

Ahhhh, Fisto.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:27 am

I think that post offended the Men of the North.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:45 am

It was a bit too South of My Days for me.

Going on the field trip next week. Just saw it will be 43°C in Narrabri next Wednesday, high 30s for the next two days thereafter. Was kind of hoping for some cooler weather... maybe even a bit of rain. Anyway... maybe the forecast is wrong this far out.

SOLOS

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:15 pm

Galted wrote:I think that post offended the Men of the North.
They pretend they're hard Galted, but the truth is they're just a bunch of woolly woofters.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:25 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:I think that post offended the Men of the North.
They pretend they're hard Galted, but the truth is they're just a bunch of woolly woofters.

I'm starting to suspect that as well.  Regular fisting is a sign of hardness, not eating hessian and wearing lard.

Last edited by Galted on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : swapped 'eating' and 'wearing' for comedic effect)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:54 am

Hummus-flavoured, umbrella-using Fist of the South.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:13 am

Sicond. I'm not going to involve myself in these soft as sh1te English arguments about hardness.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 am

I don't argue with southerners, or colonies.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:10 am

I never debate with a Xhosa.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:30 am

Pal Joey wrote:I never debate with a Xhosa.

I enjoy a bit of bantu with them.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:19 am

These puns boer me to death.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:50 am

Social fistancing post.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:02 am

Sichand of God

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:22 am

Bastird

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:19 am

I'm not Maradona although I have been compared to him several times (and not because of his micro pen1s).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:27 am

I liked him in Fantasy Island.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:18 am

Wasn't a huge fan of Like a Virgin but Like a Prayer was a bit better.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:20 am

Great, now we are going to be inundated with endless musicians waxing lyrical over her genius. Loads of f*cking Twitter videos with her songs as a backdrop as some c*nt from Little Mix cries earnestly into the lens. We'll end up with Holiday and La Isla Bonita repeatedly on the wireless. Like a Prayer is a good song but other than that, she can f*ck off.

Morning all.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:21 am

Pal Joey wrote:Wasn't a huge fan of Like a Virgin but Like a Prayer was a bit better.

No! You c*nt, PJ!

You ruined my post.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:21 am

With him and Sutcliffe, that is 2 world class attackers gone in the last couple of weeks.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:22 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:With him and Sutcliffe, that is 2 world class attackers gone in the last couple of weeks.

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:37 am

Pal Joey wrote:Wasn't a huge fan of Like a Virgin but Like a Prayer was a bit better.

No! You c*nt, PJ!

You ruined my post.

I liked your joke, Tino. I thought it was very clever.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:48 am

Galted wrote:

No! You c*nt, PJ!

You ruined my post.

I liked your joke, Tino.  I thought it was very clever.

And that is exactly why you're my favourite poster.

Of all time. Not just now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:58 am

Tier 3 we go...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Galted wrote:

No! You c*nt, PJ!

You ruined my post.

That and the bumming sessions.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:38 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Tier 3 we go...

Tier 2 for me. Although all my family in t'North are in tier 3.

L*l.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Tier 2 in the motherland as well.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:06 pm

I'm in Tier 4 so you lot can p1ss off.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:34 pm

The Goombay Dance Band had seven tiers.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Galted wrote:

No! You c*nt, PJ!

You ruined my post.

Of all time. Not just now.

You're my favourite poster of all time too, Tino.  In the Top Trumps of 606v2 your ability to come back from the dead trumps Jeff's being above everything, having a mass Tw*tter following and supporting Villa.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:57 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm in Tier 4 so you lot can p1ss off.  

Tiers of a clown.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Tiers for fears.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Tiers in heaven.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Tiers on my pillow.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Tierdrop.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Tracks of my tiers.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:00 pm

You will have the last laugh when you have your period though.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Tierdrop.
Explodes

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:59 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:

You will have the last laugh when you have your period though.

Yeah, am hoping the fact that period products can be got for free might ease a lot of that pre-menstrual tension that seems to be going around at the moment.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 am

I am not the Northern economy, fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next