The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

+43
chris_501
Phil
Welly
jimbopip
Maine man
Brendan
Highland Shaun
Rugby Fan
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Welshmushroom
doctor_grey
Poorfour
profitius
Hazel Sapling
Collapse2005
Margin_Walker
Kingshu
Sgt_Pooly
Heaf
The Oracle
BigTrevsbigmac
Fluxy
propdavid_london
thebandwagonsociety
Pete330v2
LordDowlais
lostinwales
GeordieFalcon
nathan
WELL-PAST-IT
Oakdene
PhilBB
geoff999rugby
RDW
BigGee
LeinsterFan4life
king_carlos
No 7&1/2
BamBam
RiscaGame
formerly known as Sam
mikey_dragon
Filo8
47 posters

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Filo8 Mon 22 Feb 2021, 12:07 am

First topic message reminder :

mikey_dragon wrote:
y ddraig goch wrote:Jac Morgan is leaving the Scarlets for the Ospreys to go and learn his trade off Tipuric. Big loss for the Scarlets but makes sense with Dan Davies, Josh Macelod, and James Davies still on the books. Jac looks like a future Welsh international so it might be a good move for Wales in the long run with the Ospreys finally starting to live up to their potential with a return to the top level of Europe given the players on their books.

Davis and Davies aren’t that good, McCleod is very good but has awful luck with injuries lately. Scarlets’ supporters can’t see why Jac is being let go. Boyde was another good 7 that they let go.

Ospreys are a long way off their potential if last night is anything to go by.
He isn't 'being let go', he's apparently an Ospreys fan and wants to leave despite the offer on the table.
Considering the conditions, the young players in key positions, and the momentum killing refereeing performance (for both sides), Ospreys came out of it with a victory which is what they needed to help secure champions cup rugby next season.
I think it would be better to judge them as of next season when, if all the murmurs are to be believed, we will have a higher proportion of games played with full strength sides.

Filo8

Posts : 11
Join date : 2020-04-23

Back to top Go down


SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 17 Dec 2021, 6:20 am

I'm pretty confident Tigers will pick up a good option for much less cash. Their scrum has always been a bit more than the sum of their parts.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35168
Join date : 2011-04-27

GeordieFalcon likes this post

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 17 Dec 2021, 6:35 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Confirmed to Bristol then. Real kick in the nuts for Leicester for the run in.

Not really, we always knew he'd go back to Bristol at some point. Real shame that it's at a time when we've started to become a bit of a force again though. Can't say I blame him he's always confessed to be a Bristol lad and all his family there with a little baby at home Covid has probably heightened his want for being back home on Bristol as he's admitted lockdown and the England bubble hit him hard mentally.

From what's been said it sounds like he's joined Bristol on his post Covid salary slash level (big earners at Tigers took up to a 25% pay cut to help the club out) so the rumours of Tigers trying to keep those big salaries down seems true and probably helped Bristol get him under the cap. Afoa is set to retire so that would free up a good chunk to start with.

I'm just talking about the team and going for the trophy not the bean counting element.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 24878
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 17 Dec 2021, 6:38 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'm pretty confident Tigers will pick up a good option for much less cash. Their scrum has always been a bit more than the sum of their parts.

A loose head very much on the way up still. A big presence to lose as well. I think most teams would have preferred to keep.guys like him and Ford.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 24878
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 17 Dec 2021, 7:26 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Confirmed to Bristol then. Real kick in the nuts for Leicester for the run in.

Not really, we always knew he'd go back to Bristol at some point. Real shame that it's at a time when we've started to become a bit of a force again though. Can't say I blame him he's always confessed to be a Bristol lad and all his family there with a little baby at home Covid has probably heightened his want for being back home on Bristol as he's admitted lockdown and the England bubble hit him hard mentally.

From what's been said it sounds like he's joined Bristol on his post Covid salary slash level (big earners at Tigers took up to a 25% pay cut to help the club out) so the rumours of Tigers trying to keep those big salaries down seems true and probably helped Bristol get him under the cap. Afoa is set to retire so that would free up a good chunk to start with.

I'm just talking about the team and going for the trophy not the bean counting element.

Considering his reaction to the win over Bordeaux at the weekend the passion is definitely still there. He did an interview not two weeks ago saying how much he loves working with Borthwick as well so there shouldn't be an issue. The only problem I can see is the slightly tacky PR video Bristol did of his signature, I understand why they did it as it's nearly Christmas and they are desperate for some good news and to show Lam in a positive light, it's put quite a few fans backs up though.

Borthwick managed the Ford thing well, let's see if he can manage this as well and keep us pointing forwards. I had a feeling Genge wouldn't be starting this weekend anyway as Borthwick likes to rotate and it would make sense to give young Whitcombe a go, someone Genge has described as like a son to him. I thought Genge might bench but I guess Borthwick won't have much choice as otherwise the next game he'd play after that would be Bristol in the league.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 17048
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 17 Dec 2021, 8:57 am

Just think naturally as the season wears on distraction will arise for both. A bad result or 2 or an iffy performance and grumbles will be there. It's an interesting time for Borthwick and the coaches, losing their best players and the situation becoming more pressurised. Anyone else's contract running down?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 24878
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 17 Dec 2021, 9:08 am

Im not sure the Tigers will struggle to replace him. Theres some good young loosies out there.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 17 Dec 2021, 9:11 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Just think naturally as the season wears on distraction will arise for both. A bad result or 2 or an iffy performance and grumbles will be there. It's an interesting time for Borthwick and the coaches, losing their best players and the situation becoming more pressurised. Anyone else's contract running down?

Theyve lost 2 players....both of whom have real motives to move back to their home regions (so to speak). Hardly a major crisis.

Ford has been replaced already and Genge can certainly be replaced.

Ironically i think Bristols scrum will be a good place to attack next season...if its Genge, Thacker and Sinkler....

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 17 Dec 2021, 9:31 am

Just raises questions losing those 2. Bristol have 2 very good props there in the scrum and loose. Locks are still a bit meh though.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 24878
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 17 Dec 2021, 9:47 am

See i dont see Genge and Sinkler as really good scrummaging props. Good alround props yes...in open play etc.

Be interesting to see if teams might target their scrum next season.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 17 Dec 2021, 9:48 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Just raises questions losing those 2. Bristol have 2 very good props there in the scrum and loose. Locks are still a bit meh though.

Certainly highlights though how the salary cap situation will affect all the teams.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 17 Dec 2021, 10:07 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Just raises questions losing those 2. Bristol have 2 very good props there in the scrum and loose. Locks are still a bit meh though.

Certainly highlights though how the salary cap situation will affect all the teams.

Agree GF, big changes happening. Ford is a much bigger loss for me, he's outstanding for Tigers.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35168
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 17 Dec 2021, 10:20 am

My question would be, how are Bristol keeping inside the salary cap, they seem to be signing so many expensive players
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 3256
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 17 Dec 2021, 10:54 am

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:My question would be, how are Bristol keeping inside the salary cap, they seem to be signing so many expensive players

Because their first 15 is class..but the squad is a shambles. Lose a few first teamers....and boom theyre in trouble.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Fri 17 Dec 2021, 10:57 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Just raises questions losing those 2. Bristol have 2 very good props there in the scrum and loose. Locks are still a bit meh though.

Certainly highlights though how the salary cap situation will affect all the teams.

Agree GF, big changes happening. Ford is a much bigger loss for me, he's outstanding for Tigers.

We're possibly the only team it wont affect....never hit the cap and Dean has become adept at finding cheap options.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 17 Dec 2021, 11:09 am

We're doing OK, I don't mind us not going crazy. Apparently Wasps are the 2nd lowest, but they seem to be ready to spend.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35168
Join date : 2011-04-27

GeordieFalcon likes this post

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 17 Dec 2021, 11:11 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Just think naturally as the season wears on distraction will arise for both. A bad result or 2 or an iffy performance and grumbles will be there. It's an interesting time for Borthwick and the coaches, losing their best players and the situation becoming more pressurised. Anyone else's contract running down?

Yes there's a few. Leatigaga, Scott, Moroni, Murimurivalu are all running down though we should be able to retain those as there are some that coming out of contract we can just release like Taute (nearly two years injured), Kobus van Wyk (signed as a starting winger but not required) both of whom will not be on big wages but on first team squad man wages and don't need replacing. Similarly we might see Wigglesworth retire and we have a couple of good young 9s that can come through and do the squad role being third choice.

I think a loss would be sort of expected soon. None of the Tigers fans expected the run of wins to last this long. We've had some fairly average/poor performances against LI and Sarries so it's not like it's been all sunshine and rainbows in terms of performance. We've got Connaught and Bristol coming up which are two potential banana skins, but I hope we'd have enough forward power to get the wins against those two though we'll have to be on our game as both score points quickly. 

I suspect Bristol at Ashton Gate will be a somewhat terse affair for Tigers given the game at the end of last season and I would put money on them playing the Genge signing video on the big screen pre game. Given Genge's nature I think he'd like to make statement there though, a look at what you're going to get next season type of thing.

Tigers really do just need to concentrate on trying to keep the rest of the squad together if possible. Trimming down those who aren't continuing Taute, van Wyk, Owolfela, Aspland-Robinson etc and using that cash to keep everyone happy and us under the cap. I'm not sure we need to rush into signing a Genge replacement we could wait a year if that meant getting the right person in long term.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 17048
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by The Oracle Fri 17 Dec 2021, 12:14 pm

Some uproar online aimed at Genge for the timing of a promo video being released about his return to Bristol. Genge is copping a lot of flak for it online from disgruntled (mainly Leicester) fans. Not great timing in fairness!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ellis-genge-bristol-bears-tigers-6363511

https://rugbyonslaught.com/genge-shows-his-class-in-responding-to-massive-online-backlash-over-promo-video/?fbclid=IwAR3Tx1Rdb-upRqx3DN5RKzuZ_2eRqenM4Nf60V24jhXAkR4_0JVW76jeBXQ
The Oracle
The Oracle

Posts : 4118
Join date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 17 Dec 2021, 7:34 pm

He's already taken to personally apologising. I don't think he a) thought about how it would be taken or b) didn't expect Bristol to either edit it or release it as they have done.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 17048
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Hazel Sapling Sat 18 Dec 2021, 2:32 pm

On Scotland thread that five Exeter players including the main three Scots are maybe leaving.

Hill to Sale
Skinner to Edinburgh
J Gray to Glasgow
S Maunder
Hogg to Racing

Thought Hogg was marquee though at a reported £500-600k, losing him for internationals and having Cordero as a cheap replacement may be the rationale.

The ones that got me is losing probably the three main locks. Are Exeter happy with the youth coming through?


Last edited by Hazel Sapling on Sun 19 Dec 2021, 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hazel Sapling

Posts : 2207
Join date : 2015-05-26

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 18 Dec 2021, 2:51 pm

Exeter still have a couple of massive South Africans that can slot into the row and the talented but very raw Welsh lock who got capped in the Autumn.

Would be a massive blow to lose all three locks in one summer though. Maunder wouldn't really be a loss. Hogg would be a loss but if they want to cut cap they have Nowell who can slot in there and then two youngsters in Cordero and Hodge that can all play there. They've also got a couple of playmakers that could drop into the 15 shirt.

Baxter has said the cap reduction is going to hit the club hard and I think there will be a lot of surprising moves this summer as several clubs find themselves in similar positions. Wasps and Falcons who are rumoured to be running on lower budgets might be able to take advantage.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 17048
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 18 Dec 2021, 5:55 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:He's already taken to personally apologising. I don't think he a) thought about how it would be taken or b) didn't expect Bristol to either edit it or release it as they have done.

Genge obviously isn't the sharpest tool....but this is particularly stupid. He has to have known about the release...I hope Tigers strip him of the captaincy

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35168
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 18 Dec 2021, 7:22 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:He's already taken to personally apologising. I don't think he a) thought about how it would be taken or b) didn't expect Bristol to either edit it or release it as they have done.

Genge obviously isn't the sharpest tool....but this is particularly stupid. He has to have known about the release...I hope Tigers strip him of the captaincy

I don't think he's stupid but I don't think he considered the consequences of Bristol releasing the video as they did. I'm sure the Bristol PR team gave him the hard sell and he bought it. He might well lose the captaincy on the back of it.

It'll be interesting to see what Borthwick does actually. Genge was always likely to player a lesser role in the game this week given the rotation of the squad. By omitting him Borthwick buys some time to deal with the problem and gives to looseheads who need game time just that. I suspect there will be a senior player debrief on Monday where the discuss the matter though management will want to tread carefully as the club is working well this season.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 17048
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 9:49 am

Borthwick has made it very clear that he always knew where Genge stood with Bristol. He was open and honest with him. So theres no secrets and Genge will go as hard as he can for the remainder of the season.

i see Brink has been confirmed to the Bulls...or is that old news.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 9:50 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:On Scotland thread that five Exeter players including the main three Scots are maybe leaving.

Hill to Sale
Skinner to Edinburgh
J Gray to Glasgow
S Maunder
Hogg to Racing

Thought Hogg was marquee though at a reported £500-600k, losing him for internationals and having Cordero as a cheap replacement may be the rationale.

The ones that got me is losing probably the three main locks. Are Exeter happy with the youth coming through?

They'll hope Hodge can really step up aswell....

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 9:53 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Exeter still have a couple of massive South Africans that can slot into the row and the talented but very raw Welsh lock who got capped in the Autumn.

Would be a massive blow to lose all three locks in one summer though. Maunder wouldn't really be a loss. Hogg would be a loss but if they want to cut cap they have Nowell who can slot in there and then two youngsters in Cordero and Hodge that can all play there. They've also got a couple of playmakers that could drop into the 15 shirt.

Baxter has said the cap reduction is going to hit the club hard and I think there will be a lot of surprising moves this summer as several clubs find themselves in similar positions. Wasps and Falcons who are rumored to be running on lower budgets might be able to take advantage.

Ive said before Sam...at the moment im not sure we need much in the transfers market. We have such a nicely balanced squad now (for us)...we just need to work on our tactics and just really get the kids involved as much as possible. The kids just need regular gametime now.

Work on achieving mid table for a few season as we do that.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by lostinwales Mon 20 Dec 2021, 9:54 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:On Scotland thread that five Exeter players including the main three Scots are maybe leaving.

Hill to Sale
Skinner to Edinburgh
J Gray to Glasgow
S Maunder
Hogg to Racing

Thought Hogg was marquee though at a reported £500-600k, losing him for internationals and having Cordero as a cheap replacement may be the rationale.

The ones that got me is losing probably the three main locks. Are Exeter happy with the youth coming through?

They'll hope Hodge can really step up aswell....

Yes - and to be fair they were using Nowell instead of Hogg for some key games at the end of last season.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11845
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by king_carlos Mon 20 Dec 2021, 10:20 am

Cyle Brink signs for the Bulls from Leicester.

If Brink could just stay on the pitch he'd be a very special player. Injuries have plagued his career so far. With the cap coming down and him being a reserve player on a presumably higher wage it's an expected departure really.

king_carlos

Posts : 8903
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 10:38 am

Apparently bath are in talks with our South African scrum half Louis Schreuder.

After a slow start he's really come good for us, so that would be disappointinghowever, we have 3 young kids who are ready, Kelemeti is playing regular this season...and Blackett looks a class act.

So maybe he wouldnt be a huge loss.

Worcester also linked with Kyle Cooper...

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 10:47 am

Rumours of Scott Cummings to Exeter

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by king_carlos Mon 20 Dec 2021, 10:48 am

Cooper just needs to go somewhere he can play hooker again. Very good hooker and unsurprisingly moving to LH so late has not worked.

king_carlos

Posts : 8903
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 11:00 am

Yeah...i agree. Hes a cracking hooker...and aggressive carrier.

Just behind both McGuigan and Blamire here. Would be a great signing for someone in need of an aggressive powerful carrier.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by BigGee Mon 20 Dec 2021, 12:25 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Rumours of Scott Cummings to Exeter

That would be a strange one, he is still under contract at Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 12295
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by BigGee Mon 20 Dec 2021, 12:27 pm

Skinner to Edinburgh confirmed

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 12295
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by king_carlos Mon 20 Dec 2021, 1:18 pm

BigGee wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Rumours of Scott Cummings to Exeter

That would be a strange one, he is still under contract at Glasgow
Gray has been rumoured back to Glasgow too. Maybe some sort of trade but I'm not sure why...

Chiefs are certainly due to lose a few players due to the cap reduction though.

There's going to be a lot of movement of Premiership players.

king_carlos

Posts : 8903
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by king_carlos Mon 20 Dec 2021, 1:26 pm

Lood de Jager and the du Preez twins have all been linked with the Sharks. They have big backers now so I could see it coming to fruition.

If Sale lose the twins as well as Lood they will need some serious recruitment in the pack. Faf can be covered by Quirke and Akker by Ashman. The twins have been excellent for Sale though.

king_carlos

Posts : 8903
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 20 Dec 2021, 1:34 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Borthwick has made it very clear that he always knew where Genge stood with Bristol. He was open and honest with him. So theres no secrets and Genge will go as hard as he can for the remainder of the season.

i see Brink has been confirmed to the Bulls...or is that old news.  

Yeah Borthwick cleared the air well with his interview. To be fair he's handled everything well so far and Twitter video aside I don't think most Tigers fans really mind. Genge was always a Bristol boy and spoke about his love for the city and the club. Can't hold it against him going back, Borthwick talked about factors other than rugby pushing Genge towards home as well.

Brink leaving was a matter of time. As KC has already said he's a great player when fully fit and firing but has absolutely no luck with injuries and nasty injuries at that. With the cap coming down he's an obvious casualty. We lose some depth at 8 for the first two months of the season whilst Weise and van Staden are away with the Boks but free up a good chunk of cap. Best of luck to him at the Bulls.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 17048
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 20 Dec 2021, 1:40 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Exeter still have a couple of massive South Africans that can slot into the row and the talented but very raw Welsh lock who got capped in the Autumn.

Would be a massive blow to lose all three locks in one summer though. Maunder wouldn't really be a loss. Hogg would be a loss but if they want to cut cap they have Nowell who can slot in there and then two youngsters in Cordero and Hodge that can all play there. They've also got a couple of playmakers that could drop into the 15 shirt.

Baxter has said the cap reduction is going to hit the club hard and I think there will be a lot of surprising moves this summer as several clubs find themselves in similar positions. Wasps and Falcons who are rumored to be running on lower budgets might be able to take advantage.

Ive said before Sam...at the moment im not sure we need much in the transfers market. We have such a nicely balanced squad now (for us)...we just need to work on our tactics and just really get the kids involved as much as possible. The kids just need regular gametime now.

Work on achieving mid table for a few season as we do that.

Mulipola isn't getting any younger. If you can snag some quality in the front row or at flyhalf it could really kick you on again. I know you've got some good youngsters coming through but particularly at prop an injection of quality would be seriously useful. No one saw Koch to Wasps but that's a fantastic signing for them. If Falcons can do something similar it could allow then to bring through the youth in a little more comfort.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 17048
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 2:01 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Exeter still have a couple of massive South Africans that can slot into the row and the talented but very raw Welsh lock who got capped in the Autumn.

Would be a massive blow to lose all three locks in one summer though. Maunder wouldn't really be a loss. Hogg would be a loss but if they want to cut cap they have Nowell who can slot in there and then two youngsters in Cordero and Hodge that can all play there. They've also got a couple of playmakers that could drop into the 15 shirt.

Baxter has said the cap reduction is going to hit the club hard and I think there will be a lot of surprising moves this summer as several clubs find themselves in similar positions. Wasps and Falcons who are rumored to be running on lower budgets might be able to take advantage.

Ive said before Sam...at the moment im not sure we need much in the transfers market. We have such a nicely balanced squad now (for us)...we just need to work on our tactics and just really get the kids involved as much as possible. The kids just need regular gametime now.

Work on achieving mid table for a few season as we do that.

Mulipola isn't getting any younger. If you can snag some quality in the front row or at flyhalf it could really kick you on again. I know you've got some good youngsters coming through but particularly at prop an injection of quality would be seriously useful. No one saw Koch to Wasps but that's a fantastic signing for them. If Falcons can do something similar it could allow then to bring through the youth in a little more comfort.

Yes thats very true. after being perennial bottom dwellers, Id rather just spend a few seasons really solidifying and becoming a good mid table side. We're not far off the squad to do that now. Of course Dean is always open to a couple of cheap bargains should they offer themselves up.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 20 Dec 2021, 2:35 pm

I'm quite happy developing our youngsters with no relegation on the horizon. We've got quite a few props on the books, let's see how they got on this 2nd half.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35168
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 2:47 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'm quite happy developing our youngsters with no relegation on the horizon. We've got quite a few props on the books, let's see how they got on this 2nd half.

We do...interestingly the one to watch for next season etc..is young Conrad Cade (24). Hes getting nicely toughened up in the champs with Doncaster, and last season was one of the best LH's in the league.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 20 Dec 2021, 2:57 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'm quite happy developing our youngsters with no relegation on the horizon. We've got quite a few props on the books, let's see how they got on this 2nd half.

According to Wiki you've got 7 including Mulipola who will be 35 at the end of the season and Cooper who will likely leave in the summer. Surely if there's the opportunity to recruit a good quality prop due to another Prem club struggling to reduce down to the cap you've got to take that opportunity.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 17048
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 3:09 pm

Hill to sale is apparently confirmed.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 3:10 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'm quite happy developing our youngsters with no relegation on the horizon. We've got quite a few props on the books, let's see how they got on this 2nd half.

According to Wiki you've got 7 including Mulipola who will be 35 at the end of the season and Cooper who will likely leave in the summer. Surely if there's the opportunity to recruit a good quality prop due to another Prem club struggling to reduce down to the cap you've got to take that opportunity.

Cooper will be replaced by Robbie smith at hooker (already with us) and Conrad Cade will be recalled next season. We will also have Brantingham.

Mulipola, yes, he probably will need replaced. Be interesting to see what they do with him.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 20 Dec 2021, 3:11 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:I'm quite happy developing our youngsters with no relegation on the horizon. We've got quite a few props on the books, let's see how they got on this 2nd half.

According to Wiki you've got 7 including Mulipola who will be 35 at the end of the season and Cooper who will likely leave in the summer. Surely if there's the opportunity to recruit a good quality prop due to another Prem club struggling to reduce down to the cap you've got to take that opportunity.

Mulipola is contracted until 2023 and Cooper isn't particularly strong at LH anyway. We could move Brantingham into Cooper's slot and be no weaker.

I can only see us getting a cheap option LH for a squad filler, we won't be signing a starter I don't think.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35168
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 3:12 pm

We still have young Ulster Tight Head Connor Kenny who we havent even seen yet and Richard Palframan.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 3:14 pm

Sam Skinner confirmed to Edinbrugh...

Nothing actually confirmed on Hill yet that i can see

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 20 Dec 2021, 3:24 pm

Newcastle could do with a LH like Hislop. A flier on a LH that has done well and served time in the Championship would not be the worst thing in the world.

The alternative is to look at Bristol and see what shakes loose with Genge heading there.

Hazel Sapling

Posts : 2207
Join date : 2015-05-26

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by GeordieFalcon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 3:28 pm

Hazel...we have Conrad Cade tearing it up in the champs for Doncaster. One of the best LH in the league last season. And the much vaunted Brantingham.

We should be fine for LH's its Th's we are probably going to be short of - in terms of quality. Be interesting to see how this young irish lad comes through.

GeordieFalcon

Posts : 24900
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Hazel Sapling likes this post

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 20 Dec 2021, 3:42 pm

Johnny Hill confirmed to Sale.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 17048
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 35
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 20 Dec 2021, 4:02 pm

AWJ to Exeter.

Dave Ribbans to Cardiff.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 12960
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 17 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum