The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France V Wales SAT 20 MAR 2021 discussion thread

+33
Shifty
whatahitson
Noble-Surfer
theslosty
Galted
TJ
bsando
Old Man
Cyril
quinsforever
tigertattie
LeinsterFan4life
Collapse2005
westisbest
Geordie
JDizzle
Duty281
Mr Bounce
TightHEAD
BamBam
No9
majesticimperialman
king_carlos
Luckless Pedestrian
BigTrevsbigmac
No 7&1/2
Heaf
formerly known as Sam
Oakdene
mikey_dragon
chris_501
RiscaGame
LordDowlais
37 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

France V Wales SAT 20 MAR 2021 discussion thread  - Page 5 Empty France V Wales SAT 20 MAR 2021 discussion thread

Post by LordDowlais Tue 16 Mar 2021, 2:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

SAT 20 MAR 2021GUINNESS SIX NATIONS
France v Wales 20:00 kick off
Venue: Stade de France

Well no one else is doing one, so I thought I would put it on here.

Will Wales get the Grand Slam ? Are France too good ? Will Wales win the title ?

Wales obviously need to win the game for a grand slam, but a draw or two losing bonus points would see us win the title, if France win with a bonus point and deny us anything, then they would need to take all points on offer against Scotland for the title. If Wales deny France a bonus point, but they win, then then get 5points from the Scotland game, then it will come down to points difference.

Wow that makes my head hurt. In my opinion, Wales need to just try and beat France, to avoid any permutations. It's going to be a nail biter that's for sure so lets fasten ourselves in and hope for the best. What do you all reckon ?

Come on Wales Wales

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

France V Wales SAT 20 MAR 2021 discussion thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: France V Wales SAT 20 MAR 2021 discussion thread

Post by whatahitson Sat 20 Mar 2021, 10:29 pm

How did Wales lose that game?

Pearce made some suspicious calls regarding the non-penalty try and the two yellow cards against Wales.

But Wales only have themselves to blame. Taking off Biggar and Jonathan Davies for Sheedy and Haloholo with 15 minutes to go. So naive.

Haloholo has just lost Wales a grand slam because of a pointless offside from a kick chase. If France finish the job next week then Pivac has had an absolute nightmare.

Test match rugby came and delivered Wales and Pivac a lesson in those lasts ten minutes: the game isn't won just because you're 10 points up against 14 men with 12 minutes to go!

I just knew they were playing with fire when I saw those replacements.

What a strange tournament. Wales put in their best performance all tournament for 60 minutes and then somehow still manages to lose. How did they lose?

I don't like this term as it's overused but I really do think Wales 'bottled it'.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

France V Wales SAT 20 MAR 2021 discussion thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: France V Wales SAT 20 MAR 2021 discussion thread

Post by TightHEAD Sat 20 Mar 2021, 10:34 pm

AWJ for the Lions Captain.

No one else is close
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 20 Mar 2021, 10:34 pm

That could play right into Scotland’s hands who have nothing to play for really. France forcing it could be their undoing.

Scotland have plenty to play for - the difference between 4th and second. Second would be a huge result for us.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Sat 20 Mar 2021, 10:35 pm

tigertattie wrote:Inverdale doesn’t understand why the table.

France need to beat Scotland with 4 tries and then it goes to points Difference. If France don’t win with the BP then wales win the title

I thought he got it wrong.

Well all down to Scotland now.

Have to say Wales have been marginally the best team in the tournament but France wouldn't be undeserving winners either.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Sat 20 Mar 2021, 10:48 pm

theslosty wrote:Ah that's really tough on Wales, commiserations but at least you've enjoyed a few Grand Slams in recent years. Warburton and Roberts speak well, in fact Jonathan Davies who's not always known for his impartiality remained impressively level-headed.

I think he gets whipped up by the crowd. He's been much less excited without fans in the stadium.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 20 Mar 2021, 10:48 pm

whatahitson wrote:How did Wales lose that game?

Pearce made some suspicious calls regarding the non-penalty try and the two yellow cards against Wales.
'.

Nonsense - Pearce had a very good game and all major calls right bar perhaps the Wales try that looked held up but was given - but even that was probably OK

Its also all 4 officials for critical decisions

Last edited by RiscaGame on Sat 20 Mar 2021, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unnecessary accusation removed.)

TJ

BigTrevsbigmac, king_carlos and mikey_dragon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Sat 20 Mar 2021, 10:52 pm

TJ wrote:

'.

Nonsense - Pearce had a very good game and all major calls right bar perhaps the Wales try that looked held up but was given - but even that was probably OK

don't you ever get tired of your poor quality trolling?

Nonsense? Steady on. For me Faletau's was very marginal and he barely inteferred with the scrum half on a ruck outside the 22. That's not the same as conceding a penalty in the red zone. I don't know how/why a penalty try wasn't awarded for a cynical prevention of a rolling maul that was about to score. Consider that: both received the same sanction. One was for a cynical prevention of a try 5m out and the other was for being half a second too slow to get away from the bottom of a ruck outside the 22. That for me was the big call that Pearce got wrong. Liam Williams was probably a bit hard done by as it looked like he was going for the ball but just slipped off his feet. Yellow card for that? Not sure.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 20 Mar 2021, 10:58 pm

TJ wrote:

'.

I thought Pearce was very generous with Wales before finally losing his patience and carding a couple. AWJ should have gone before the red for a no arms tackle. A lot of very cynical penalties close to the line, Wales discipline was really bad in that final quarter. Could have been more than two sin binned.

I thought the red looked really harsh at the time but the different angle they showed after the game made it look a lot worse and a lot less accidental. So officials got that one. Welsh try looked 100% held up but Pearce thought he saw it grounded and he was close to the action and potentially had a better angle than the camera so you have to go with the ref on that.

First half was very enjoyable end to end, second half became very niggly with a lot of cynical play from both sides close to the line. Don't know if Pearce could have done anything about that though.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 20 Mar 2021, 11:23 pm

TJ, don’t accuse people of trolling, as you’re derailing threads more than possible WUM posts. Report posts, if there is something potentially wrong. It isn’t for you to call out potential trolls, as it is against site rules anyway.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Mar 2021, 11:41 pm

To reiterate again, I thought the ref Pearce was good. Very clear communication, used his TMO and touch judges well. Thought he controlled it well. A couple of things potentially missed as per every game, but when they are perhaps a few thousand actions in a game then a couple missed here and there are excusable.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 21 Mar 2021, 9:30 am

When you look back at Wales this six 6ns, they win against Ireland and Scxotland when both teams down to 14 men. Yet France go down to 13 men and Wales loose. why?

You have to feel for Wales though they was so close, yet no Grand Slam.
Still have a chance of winning it though on the out come of France V Scotland next week end.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 21 Mar 2021, 9:47 am

majesticimperialman wrote:When you look back at Wales this six 6ns, they win against Ireland and Scxotland when both teams down to 14 men. Yet France go down to 13 men and Wales loose. why?

You have to feel for Wales though they was so close, yet no Grand Slam.
Still have a chance of winning it though on the out come of France V Scotland next week end.

Ireland had 14 for 80% of the game & Scotland over 33%.
France had their red card with 12 minutes to go & upped their game causing Wales to lose their discipline at the end & were fortunate to only get 2 yellows.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 21 Mar 2021, 12:21 pm

I think another key turning point was us going for goal when Haouas was in the bin. We had a numerical advantage and were in the ascendency, the game could have been put to bed. That’s a very poor call. The penalty count due to France pressure in the final quarter was shocking. Wyn Jones, AWJ, Faletau and Williams all need a good rinsing after that, would be heck of a statement if they were to get dropped too.

mikey_dragon

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 21 Mar 2021, 1:37 pm

Losing the Grand slam is a disapointment, but if you'd have offered me 4 wins, inluding hammering England, 18 tries in the tournnament, giving a hammering to England, and England getting smashed by Ireland, Scotland and Wales, I'd of gladly taken the deal.  Oh and don't forget the hammering England got from Wales.  

Yup lets just be grateful we improved from last year, and this final loss will remind us were not miles ahead of anyone in this tournament apart from maybe Italy.

https://www.udrop.com/9ldJ/54358086_262195095283011_1989592137786593600_n.mp4
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sun 21 Mar 2021, 2:28 pm

TightHEAD wrote:AWJ for the Lions Captain.

No one else is close

He would be up there for me too. Its probably between him and Sexton.

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 21 Mar 2021, 3:01 pm

Midweek game im assuming.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Collapse2005 Sun 21 Mar 2021, 3:06 pm

Owen Farrell would make a good mid week captain

Collapse2005

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 21 Mar 2021, 3:14 pm

Hes not going to be playing weekends and mid week though. We've got enough good players to allow him to focus on the tests.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Mar 2021, 7:07 pm

quinsforever wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Ah well, well done France.

Those yellow cards - hang your heads in shame. Lost us the GS.

yes but they saved probable tries. and there should arguably have been more yellows.

and i think they missed a french try.

however, great, great game. thoroughly enjoyed it.

wales played their best rugby of the 6N today IMO

Sorry just seeing this now. Not sure what you mean by saving possible tries. Both offences were up near half way!

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun 21 Mar 2021, 10:58 pm

The Oracle wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
The Oracle wrote:Ah well, well done France.

Those yellow cards - hang your heads in shame. Lost us the GS.

yes but they saved probable tries. and there should arguably have been more yellows.

and i think they missed a french try.

however, great, great game. thoroughly enjoyed it.

wales played their best rugby of the 6N today IMO

Sorry just seeing this now.  Not sure what you mean by saving possible tries.  Both offences were up near half way!
the williams one was around half way but it was so cynical he walked off before the card had been shown lol.

and faletua's wasnt bad obviously it was just the accumulation in that last 10 mins. any of 5 players could have been given yellows in a couple of passages of play after Pearce warned the next one goes.

great match though. thoroughly enjoyed it and Wales really grew into the tournament. lucky yes, but you've got to be in it to win it. whereas england, conceding 14 pens in most matches are Not in it.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 21 Mar 2021, 11:52 pm

Wales were robbed then. Thanks for the clarity Nigel.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 22 Mar 2021, 7:38 am

Wales clearly where cynicall fouling the last ten minutes and very lucky to keep as many as 13 on the pitch.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:05 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Wales were robbed then. Thanks for the clarity Nigel.

Which parts dies Owens think were a robbery? Watched the match yesterday and have to day the officials were great.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:06 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:

Which parts dies Owens think were a robbery? Watched the match yesterday and have to day the officials were great.

They were for the most part, but Wales 100% should have had a penalty try.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:21 am

LordDowlais wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

They were for the most part, but Wales 100% should have had a penalty try.

The penalty try or non penalty try was a tight call. I think Pearce didn't give it because there was at least one French defender onside and back to contest the maul legally when the 3 went blatantly in at the side. A penalty try and can only be awarded when the try would be a certainty were it not for the foul play. If there's doubt you can't give it. That was perhaps a bit harsh on Wales but by the letter of the law probably correct. If he'd given that as a penalty try and other rolling maul collapsed close to the line would have had to be a penalty try also.

I think Wales would have arguably had the rub of the green uo to the end of the game. Pearce rewarded the team applying pressure and pretty consistently. Wales should have had a man in the bin earlier I think Pearce was pretty patient with their many cynical offences in the red zone. Some questions have to be asked of AWJ and Pivac's choice to leave him out their for 80 mins. He looked out on his feet and infringed repeatedly and could have easily been in the bin instead of Falatau. I'm still amazed his no arms tackle wasn't picked up before the French red card.

I know some people are talking up AWJ for the Lions and I'd have him there for the leadership group but I wouldn't want him near the test side. The Boks will be applying a lot of pressure and he gives penalties away in the red zone.

formerly known as Sam

BigTrevsbigmac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:28 am

I'd probably agree with Sam. Enough players were coming back to rejoin and possibly could have slowed and stopped it from that distance.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:36 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Owen Farrell would make weak captain

Corrected

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 22 Mar 2021, 8:47 am

I have to say I have seen very few Welsh supporters complaining about the ref. that says something

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:42 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:

Well like it's been alluded to that arguably was a penalty try, and Liam Williams didn't commit an act of foul play. There was another occasion but I can't remember. It's fair to say we had our fair share of luck earlier in the tournament anyway, and it run out. Pearce did well overall, and worked with Barnes very effectively. Most people seem to agree on that.

Surely Galthie is bringing the game into disrepute with his comments and should also be sanctioned?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:44 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Well like it's been alluded to that arguably was a penalty try, and Liam Williams didn't commit an act of foul play. There was another occasion but I can't remember. It's fair to say we had our fair share of luck earlier in the tournament anyway, and it run out. Pearce did well overall, and worked with Barnes very effectively. Most people seem to agree on that.

Surely Galthie is bringing the game into disrepute with his comments and should also be sanctioned?

The officiating was excellent. Even Brian Moore mentioned it at the end of the game.

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Mon 22 Mar 2021, 9:45 am

TJ wrote:I have to say I have seen very few Welsh supporters complaining about the ref.  that says something

As a Welshman, I'm gutted we lost the game, but I thought Luke Pearce ref'd the game brilliantly - really encouraged open attacking rugby, telling both sides to use the ball as soon as it was available. He used the TMO well, and was consistent in penalising both teams.

We lacked the composure needed to see the game out in the end - but credit has to go to France for the pressure they put us under, and snatching it at the end. I definitely have no complaints about the ref, and really enjoyed the intensity that the game was played at.

Noble-Surfer

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 22 Mar 2021, 10:09 am

Noble-Surfer wrote:
TJ wrote:I have to say I have seen very few Welsh supporters complaining about the ref.  that says something

As a Welshman, I'm gutted we lost the game, but I thought Luke Pearce ref'd the game brilliantly - really encouraged open attacking rugby, telling both sides to use the ball as soon as it was available. He used the TMO well, and was consistent in penalising both teams.

We lacked the composure needed to see the game out in the end - but credit has to go to France for the pressure they put us under, and snatching it at the end. I definitely have no complaints about the ref, and really enjoyed the intensity that the game was played at.

Hopefully we will learn from that and improve.

Every cloud and all that. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Mon 22 Mar 2021, 12:08 pm

Just watched Scrum V Very Happy

It was Pivac who cost Wales the Grand Slam, why sub off 4 key players? (and 4 leaders imho) they may very well been running on empty but the occasion would have seen them over the line. It was such a crucial time, crazy call from the coach.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Mon 22 Mar 2021, 12:51 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Just watched Scrum V  Very Happy

It was Pivac who cost Wales the Grand Slam, why sub off 4 key players? (and 4 leaders imho) they may very well been running on empty but the occasion would have seen them over the line. It was such a crucial time, crazy call from the coach.

I believe Biggar was struggling with cramp at the time.

For me it was just poor game management, we had the game won at 78 minutes but the decision not to take the scrum under advantage was the moment. There was also a good bit of analysis on North busting his gut on 80 minutes to get round the ruck & to end the of the defensive line where Halaholo didn't.

We will learn from this & I truly think the squad will learn more from the defeat than they would have having won the match. Onwards & upwards, the disappointment in me has now given way to optimism & regardless of the result Friday I am a content Welsh supporter. That being said, COME ON SCOTLAND!!!

Oakdene

Noble-Surfer and RiscaGame like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 22 Mar 2021, 2:12 pm

TJ wrote:
That could play right into Scotland’s hands who have nothing to play for really. France forcing it could be their undoing.

Scotland have plenty to play for - the difference between 4th and second.  Second would be a huge result for us.  

A number of the players know they're another good game away from a seat on the plane coach with the Lions too.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 23 Mar 2021, 9:57 am

Nigel was talking through his rectum and to publically critise a fellow ref showed a remarkable lack of class.
He let his passionate support of Wales cloud his objective judgment

For me their were two dubious decisions in the game and both favoured Wales.
Adams try - it was obvious Barnes did not think it was a try and I agree with him.
Just before Williams was yellow carded France scored a try but Pierce missed it.

To be clear overall I though the ref was excellent and made no other mistakes, of any significance
Also if any team has been favoured by dubious referring decisions this tournament it has been Wales

geoff999rugby

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 23 Mar 2021, 11:29 am

geoff999rugby wrote:

Nigel was talking through his rectum and to publically critise a fellow ref showed a remarkable lack of class.

Adams try - it was obvious Barnes did not think it was a try and I agree with him.
Just before Williams was yellow carded France scored a try but Pierce missed it.

To be clear overall I though the ref was excellent and made no other mistakes, of any significance
Also if any team has been favoured by dubious referring decisions this tournament it has been Wales

Nigel is free to comment on it and he was 100% spot on in everything he said. Bit rich, seeing as every fan and pundit in Ireland (especially Munster) tries to make a living from slating Wayne Barnes, who just so happens to be the BEST ref in international rugby.

Pearce had obviously seen enough of the ball touch the ground, so a try was given. Martin Johnson thought it was a try too. I don't recall Barnes saying it wasn't a try, but that would depend on what Pearce asked him.
Are you talking about the hooker going over? Well I thought it was close but I couldn't see it grounded either. Did you see something the ref and Wayne Barnes didn't?

Why haven't you commented on the fact Wales should have had a penalty try, or that Liam Williams was wrongfully penalised and sin binned? Why haven't you taken issue with Galthie bring the game into disrepute? Biased much.

Myself, Nigel, and it seems just about every other fan agree that Luke Pearce was excellent. That doesn't mean it was perfect. We are free to discuss it. Highlighting technical errors is fine by me, whoever does it. There should be more of it - especially in the Pro 14.

Yes Wales benefited from some dubious decisions against England. France benefited from some dubious decisions against Wales, just like they did in last year's 6 Nations.

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Tue 23 Mar 2021, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 23 Mar 2021, 11:30 am

Its not a pen try. Williams is unlucky. Should have been a knock on.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 23 Mar 2021, 4:12 pm

[quote="mikey_dragon"]
geoff999rugby wrote:

mikey_dragon wrote:Nigel is free to comment on it and he was 100% spot on in everything he said. Bit rich, seeing as every fan and pundit in Ireland (especially Munster) tries to make a living from slating Wayne Barnes, who just so happens to be the BEST ref in international rugby.

A number of points:
There is a world of difference between a Referee going public on the refereeing of a fellow referee and the general public voicing an opinion.
It shows a lack of class imo.
'Every fan and pundit in Ireland tries to make a living slating Wayne Barnes'
That is some hyperbole there... please tell how I can make a living slagging off Wayne Barnes, Id love to know.
Also please don't be so silly as to assume everyone from a country hold the same opinion, always a ridiculous stance to hold.
Please find posts by myself repeatedly slagging him off Wayne Barnes.
He makes mistakes they all do - he is human but he is a good referee as is Pearce, As is Owens.
Whether or not he is the best in the world is like most things a matter of personal opinion

mikey_dragon wrote:Pearce had obviously seen enough of the ball touch the ground, so a try was given. Martin Johnson thought it was a try too. I don't recall Barnes saying it wasn't a try, but that would depend on what Pearce asked him.
Are you talking about the hooker going over? Well I thought it was close but I couldn't see it grounded either. Did you see something the ref and Wayne Barnes didn't?

Pearce brooched the question in such a way that Barnes had to be 100% he got it wrong.
He did not feel confident he could do that - however you can tell he had doubts.
He did the right thing in follow the correct process.

I use the something everyone else uses my eyes what do you use ?

mikey_dragon wrote:Why haven't you commented on the fact Wales should have had a penalty try, or that Liam Williams was wrongfully penalised and sin binned? Why haven't you taken issue with Galthie bring the game into disrepute? Biased much.

I didn't comment on the claimed Penalty try or Williams because I believe Pearce got those decision right.
If you want me to list all the decisions Pearce got right it would be a very long list because he had a very good game.

So you call me Biased because I disagree with you ...pathetic

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 23 Mar 2021, 8:43 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:A number of points:
There is a world of difference between a Referee going public on the refereeing of a fellow referee and the general public voicing an opinion.
It shows a lack of class imo.
'Every fan and pundit in Ireland tries to make a living slating Wayne Barnes'
That is some hyperbole there... please tell how I can make a living slagging off Wayne Barnes, Id love to know.
Also please don't be so silly as to assume everyone from a country hold the same opinion, always a ridiculous stance to hold.
Please find posts by myself repeatedly slagging him off Wayne Barnes.
He makes mistakes they all do - he is human  but he is a good referee as is Pearce, As is Owens.
Whether or not he is the best in the world is like most things a matter of personal opinion

You do realise it was on Scrum V, right? Very Happy He's removed himself from international rugby. That said, he was asked about it and answered truthfully, basing those comments on the letter of the law. Did you think it was a lack of class when Nigel commented on Gauzere's errors? Did you think it was a lack of class when Joel Jutge commented on Gauzere's errors? Because I didn't see you mention either.

I exaggerated. I suggested it due to the fact that Wood, Quinlan and Ferris always open their big gobs before every Wales vs Ireland fixture, doing nothing but run Wales down. It is always well received in Ireland. These guys are now in top jobs! Always blaming Wayne Barnes whenever they lose as well, like a lot of fans in Ireland do. Wayne Barnes is clearly the best Ref in world rugby.

geoff999rugby wrote:Pearce brooched the question in such a way that Barnes had to be 100% he got it wrong.
He did not feel confident he could do that - however you can tell he had doubts.
He did the right thing in follow the correct process.

I use the something everyone else uses my eyes what do you use ?

Ah right so Pearce seen a try scored then. Not sure why you even brought this up Rolling Eyes.

geoff999rugby wrote:I didn't comment on the claimed Penalty try or Williams because I believe Pearce got those decision right.
If you want me to list all the decisions Pearce got right it would be a very long list because he had a very good game.

So you call me Biased because I disagree with you ...pathetic

They were proven to be the wrong decisions, which again, is based on the letter of the law. This is obvious. You didn't comment on them at any point, and it seems you've only come here to try and bash Wales (like your pundits do); Galthie is bringing the game into disrepute and you're dead silent on the matter, but still very vocal on 'Jammy Wales'. That's biased thinking and reasoning. You are literally agreeing with wrong decisions despite Nigel showing it, and Nigel couldn't have made it more clear. Fair play, that is absolutely shocking.

picard

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Wed 24 Mar 2021, 10:44 pm

Well I did say the yellow cards and penalty try decision was harsh.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 25 Mar 2021, 7:37 am

I quite like Nigel's videos but he does breeze past those decisions without looking at them closely which is disappointing. If have liked him to use his considerable experience on more than two still images.

The penalty try or possible penalty try was always going to be a 50/50 call because it's open to interpretation. Is it probable that Wales will score well they could but there were French defenders back which causes Pearce doubt. Had it gone the other way I think the French would have been unhappy so that one was a bit no win for Pearce.

The Williams one, the still image Nigel uses shows Williams bound in at the ruck. Which means he's not onside and able to play Dupont. He doesn't come from the back foot. Which is why I would have liked Nigel to run the clip through and freeze frame to illustrate his points.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 25 Mar 2021, 10:20 am

+1 to Sam's post

As for Irish commentators running Wales down - you do listen to Pro 14 games with Welsh commentators I assume.
As for Jiffy his commentatory is an embarrassment
Along with Brian Moore he is sails close to the wind with xenophobic comments about foreigners.
There not made of the right stuff you know...

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 25 Mar 2021, 10:56 am

We don't get Welsh commentators running down Ireland though. But we do get a lot of Ireland commentators running down Wales. Usually, Ireland lose to Wales when Wood, etc gob off more than usual. You would have to be living a life of denial to be dismissing this. What's worse is disagreeing with proven facts, as Nigel couldn't have made it any more clear - and yes he had looked at it before Scrum V, obviously, not just the 3 seconds on Scrum V. Gee wiz, this continues to be absolutely shocking from some.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by whatahitson Thu 25 Mar 2021, 11:24 am

I just thought that all 3 decisions were marginal calls and Wales could feel hard done by for 3 big decisions to go against them.

That's not why they lost the game though. That was Haloholo being needlessly offside from a clearing kick after Wales had been defending their line for about 7 minutes, which ended with France getting their South African red carded. That put them immediately back defending on their try line instead of relieving pressure to half way, and from there the warnings and yellow cards occurred.

I thought Falteau was very unlucky to be yellow carded for a nothing call outside the 22. He fell the wrong side and was immediately up on his feet, Dupont runs in to him while he's stood up before passing the ball away, and the referee buys it. That's not red zone pressure. The penalty try is either you think it was or it wasn't. For me it was a penalty try, the prop cynically came around the side and killed it. And Liam Williams' was on halfway and although a bit of a lunge it deserved consideration. Pearce was very quick to reach for a yellow card.

For me, I think it's an unfortunate thing where a ref naturally starts trying to 'even up' the game when they red card a player. It's a different mindset to a yellow card. It happened against NZ with the Lions and I think maybe Pearce just started feeling the pressure a little bit. The fact he missed France score a try and didn't go to his TMO, and also then probably let Wales off the hook when they should have had a third and a fourth yellow card, suggests he let the game get away from him after spending so long talking to Barnes in that second half. Not an easy position for him to be in but I felt they were harsh at the time and for Owens to say that as well it does vindicate it slightly.

whatahitson

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Thu 25 Mar 2021, 11:56 am

Dunno if this has been posted before but as Nigel Owens has been mentioned he's on BBC1 tonight Question Time.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 25 Mar 2021, 12:57 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:I quite like Nigel's videos but he does breeze past those decisions without looking at them closely which is disappointing. If have liked him to use his considerable experience on more than two still images.

The penalty try or possible penalty try was always going to be a 50/50 call because it's open to interpretation. Is it probable that Wales will score well they could but there were French defenders back which causes Pearce doubt. Had it gone the other way I think the French would have been unhappy so that one was a bit no win for Pearce.

The Williams one, the still image Nigel uses shows Williams bound in at the ruck. Which means he's not onside and able to play Dupont. He doesn't come from the back foot. Which is why I would have liked Nigel to run the clip through and freeze frame to illustrate his points.

You are making up your onw narrative to fit your argument.

Liam Williams was yellow carded for being off his feet. He wasn't, hence the ref made the wrong call, and that yellow card impacted the result more than any other, as the "winning try" would not have been scored if he was still on the field giving us defensive cover.

Overall the ref did a good job, but this was a critical wrong call.

No9

mikey_dragon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5