The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Covid-19 serious chat thread

+17
doctor_grey
jimbopip
Soul Requiem
king_carlos
lostinwales
Luckless Pedestrian
hampo17
BamBam
Pr4wn
dummy_half
LordDowlais
navyblueshorts
WELL-PAST-IT
Samo
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Covid-19 serious chat thread - Page 5 Empty The Covid-19 serious chat thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Feb 2021, 9:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:I will edit misinformation that I consider disrespectful and insulting. If you can’t respect that, they’ll be changed more firmly.

Such censorship is disappointing, but unsurprising given the often over-zealous moderating on here. Little wonder so many posters have drifted away when fair discussion is discouraged and alternative points of view are policed.

Over such a sensitive subject, and with people on here likely to have known people who have died, I stand by it on this issue and find your need to make a dig at the site disappointing.

Any further complaints can be directed to my inbox. Further comments will be moderated. Dangerous misinformation, especially presented as fact, will be moderated. If you feel your liberties unjustly compromised, go shout out a window or something.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Covid-19 serious chat thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Covid-19 serious chat thread

Post by king_carlos Thu 16 Dec 2021, 2:40 pm

Derbymanc wrote:the issue for me is they're trying to state it's extremely dangerous with the infection rate but refusing to follow how it played out last time.

I know people that are ignoring it all because 'if it was that bad we'd be in lockdown'.

Sadly Bojo is playing to the audience so for the minute we're knackered.

Interesting read
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/omicron-tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-who-data-people-b1976071.html
That doesn't marry with my experience in Edinburgh just now I've got to say, Derby.

I run a small hospitality business that relies in large part on lunch trade from office workers. It had been steadily picking up again until the latest restrictions but has fallen off a cliff now.

To supplement my income after a proverbial storm in hospitality for nearly 2 years I've been doing a few shifts at a city centre restaurant that I trained at as a young chef. Cancellation emails are flowing in once again.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

The Covid-19 serious chat thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Covid-19 serious chat thread

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 17 Dec 2021, 10:28 am

I suspect last nights mauling might make BJ think again, nothing to lose now, the electorate have seen him for what he is, so he needs to do something that will earn him some brownie points with the public if not his MPs.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 17 Dec 2021, 10:54 am

I have read a few times that one of the biggest issues all the way through the pandemic is that the government have treated it as a political problem not the public health issue it most surely is.

So more crap in an attempt to shore up Johnson's political future which not enough people care about because they don't believe him.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Mon 20 Dec 2021, 6:00 pm

I want to work at No. 10, getting paid for standing around chatting eating what I am sure is good cheese and drinking again probably good wine, and getting paid for it BECAUSE IT IS WORK!

Not a laptop being used, no note pads for minutes, must have perfect memories these No.10 staffers.

BJ says it was work, Raab says it was after a hard days work, it was just after Hancock had told everybody to keep their distance and minimise all social meets. AFTER WORK IS A SOCIAL MEET. Not illegal but against everything that the general public were being told to do.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Samo, BamBam and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Dec 2021, 12:03 pm

It only damages their credibility even further. The question for the Conservatives is how much longer they're prepared to let this man's administration harm the brand. He's done what they needed him to do, they've got their majority.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 21 Dec 2021, 12:27 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It only damages their credibility even further. The question for the Conservatives is how much longer they're prepared to let this man's administration harm the brand. He's done what they needed him to do, they've got their majority.

And this here is the fundamental problem. All that matters is the politics and the presentation, not the actual job they were elected to do. The main problem they are dealing with is their electability and their internal divisions not the health of the population.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Tue 21 Dec 2021, 1:30 pm

Very good article in The Atlantic about BJ, giving some insights to how other PMs and Presidents (de Gaulle) have fared in comparable (just) situations

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2021/12/boris-johnson-has-lost-his-mojo/620957/?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum