The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Autumn Internationals - MARK II

+42
nlpnlp
yappysnap
Irish Londoner
BamBam
Phil
BigTrevsbigmac
geoff999rugby
Mr Bounce
propdavid_london
Heaf
Exiledinborders
Afro
cb
Poorfour
dummy_half
WELL-PAST-IT
mikey_dragon
Big
George Carlin
Sharkey06
clivemcl
Galted
hugehandoff
protea438
Barney McGrew did it
Cumbrian
Rugby Fan
miltonkeynesengland
alfie
RiscaGame
doctor_grey
majesticimperialman
lostinwales
Duty281
formerly known as Sam
Collapse2005
Geordie
Old Man
king_carlos
Soul Requiem
No 7&1/2
Sgt_Pooly
46 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

England Autumn Internationals - MARK II - Page 5 Empty England Autumn Internationals - MARK II

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Nov 2021, 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

England squad for autumn Tests:

Forwards: Jamie Blamire (Newcastle), Callum Chick (Newcastle), Jamie George (Saracens), Tom Curry (Sale), Trevor Davison (Newcastle), Nic Dolly (Leicester), Alex Dombrandt (Harlequins), Charlie Ewels (Bath), Ellis Genge (Leicester), Jonny Hill (Exeter), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Courtney Lawes (Northampton), Lewis Ludlam (Northampton), Joe Marler (Harlequins), George Martin (Leicester), Sam Simmonds (Exeter), Kyle Sinckler (Bristol), Will Stuart (Bath), Sam Underhill (Bath)

Backs: Mark Atkinson (Gloucester), Owen Farrell (Saracens), Tommy Freeman (Northampton), George Furbank (Northampton), Max Malins (Saracens), Jonny May (Gloucester), Raffi Quirke (Sale), Adam Radwan (Newcastle), Harry Randall (Bristol), Henry Slade (Exeter), Marcus Smith (Harlequins), Freddie Steward (Leicester), Manu Tuilagi (Sale), Joe Marchant (Quins), Ben Youngs (Leicester)

In Positions:
1.Marler, Genge
2.George, Blamire, Dolly
3.Sinckler, Stuart, Davison
4.Itoje, Hill
5.Lawes, Ewels
6.Curry, Martin
7.Underhill, Ludlam
8.Dombrandt, Simmonds, Chick

9.Youngs, Randall, Quirke
10.Smith

11.May, Radwan
12.Farrell, Atkinson
13.Tuilagi, Slade
14.Freeman, Marchant
15.Steward, Malins, Furbank
-------------------------------------------------
England v Tonga - 6th November
England v Australia - 13th November
England v South Africa - 20th November

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

England Autumn Internationals - MARK II - Page 5 Empty Re: England Autumn Internationals - MARK II

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:48 pm

protea438 wrote:Smell a couple of MBE's on the way or an open bus tour, well done

Duty281 wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:[b]
Should be a long ban for the player (Steyn?) who dropped a UFC knee into proceedings, he could have caused serious injury.

Nowhere near like that thug Itoje during the Lions tour, he got away with it so Steyn should be fine.

Dry those eyes boo boo.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

England Autumn Internationals - MARK II - Page 5 Empty Re: England Autumn Internationals - MARK II

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:49 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:That has to sadly signal the end for Manu now, you just cannot rely on him to be fit.

Manu has played very well in two games and took a nice try in this. He's not lucky but he still has enormous presence. All players get injured. He'll be back.

The good news is that Slade/Marchant looked solid too

Plays well for two games and then gets injured, heard that one before. On form he's a top top player but you need to build an alternative that doesn't include him.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:49 pm

I will have to see the knee incident again when the feed reloads for replay. In real time I thought it accidental and also thought the ref caught it. Wasn't that what moved the pen to the final position where Smith kicked it?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by protea438 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:52 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:Smell a couple of MBE's on the way or an open bus tour, well done

Duty281 wrote:
Should be a long ban for the player (Steyn?) who dropped a UFC knee into proceedings, he could have caused serious injury.

Nowhere near like that thug Itoje during the Lions tour, he got away with it so Steyn should be fine.

Dry those eyes boo boo.

Just returning fire, I had a sneaky suspicion people on here are so blinkered. I was proven right.

The sun will shine tomorrow, breathe fresh air amongst people who actually use soap

protea438

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:53 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:And can we please end Ewells time in the squad...Isiekwe much better

Needs to ask Saracems to play him as a lock surely?

Kpoku has gone to France too

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:53 pm

Old Man wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Malins stopping the Kwagga Smith try was a fantastic moment too

Yeah that was well defended, but Kwagga made the wrong decision there. He should not have tried to roll over Malins. He should have laid it back, Reinach was ready to pounce as there was a space on the blind side.

Kolisi will rue the poor pass to Jesse Kriel who had an open run to the try line.

Boks will rue the going through the rucj after Etzebeth's run and great save by Marx, we had the momentum, had no need to run into the ruck like that.

England scored beautiful tries tonight.

Agree on the Kwagga point. Since the change to the held up laws there's very little point to trying to roll over the defender and try to put it down. Much safer to lay it back then risk having to rebuild from outside the 22.

With the Kolisi pass I think he was trying to second guess Steward and try the dummy. He looked for the pass too late, might have been put off by Steward just lining him up and not even looking at the possible pass. Might have been a different result if it was a back making the pass instead of a forward.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:55 pm

protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Duty281 wrote:

Dry those eyes boo boo.

Just returning fire, I had a sneaky suspicion people on here are so blinkered. I was proven right.

The sun will shine tomorrow, breathe fresh air amongst people who actually use soap

Yeah right. Keep that chin up. Be brave.

No 7&1/2

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:56 pm

lostinwales wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:And can we please end Ewells time in the squad...Isiekwe much better

Rumours that Kruis is coming back too. Isiekwe for me should have looked at staying with Northampton.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:58 pm

protea438 wrote:The sun will shine tomorrow, breathe fresh air amongst people who actually use soap
In Britain there is no guarantee the sun will shine.
Some years ago when I was on deployment I went at least two months without soap. Completely overrated.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:58 pm

Chris Jones wrote:Considering England were killed at the breakdown, dominated at the scrum and unable to win a line-out in the second half, that has to rank as one of their greatest ever victories.

I wouldn't say it was one of our greatest ever victories but he's not far off

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Nov 2021, 5:59 pm

protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Duty281 wrote:

Dry those eyes boo boo.

What has Itoje got to do with Steyn dropping a knee on a player laying flat out? Absolutely no relevance to the incident.

Extremely cowardly act from Steyn, I wouldn't expect anything else really. Perhaps if lost a bit of timber he'd be able to move around the park for effectively.

Sgt_Pooly

Cumbrian and Geordie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by protea438 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:01 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Duty281 wrote:

Dry those eyes boo boo.

Well done on rare victory to the Dodgers, go wild. Everybody wins I know the hypocrisy here so I win as well yay

protea438

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:03 pm

protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Duty281 wrote:

Dry those eyes boo boo.

Well done on rare victory to the Dodgers, go wild. Everybody wins I know the hypocrisy here so I win as well yay

Ah mate. It's not important. Be brave you little soldier. We'll take our 3rd win of the last 4 and limp on Sad.

No 7&1/2

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:04 pm

protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Duty281 wrote:

Dry those eyes boo boo.

Oh sweetheart, have a lie down, the vapours are getting to you!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:04 pm

Sorry Old Man if you're reading these messages.

No 7&1/2

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:10 pm

What peoples thoughts of Sinkler?
Bad day at the office or is there a bigger issue..

And is the lack of genuine bulk (size) in the pack an issue...or not an issue at all? or only an issue v the Boks?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:13 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:The moment SA sense defeat we see the nasty streak coming out, some real cheap shots.

A lucky win but we have a template to beat SA now. If we could get some kind of parity in the pack we have the backs to cut them to ribbons.

Largely what I meant, it's a usual South Africa thing.

Exactly, there was some real nasty stuff going on from SA.....they're not the best losers to be fair.

Far from a convincing win for us but a win for the rugby purists somewhat. SA play such boring rugby, it's just turgid to watch. I understand they're effective but you want some form of entertainment from your national side, I couldn't watch that week in week out

I will grant you we were poor in the first half, but if you think SA was boring in the second half then I call on that.

I never said they were poor, I said they were boring. Entertainment is subjective so if you don't really get to have an opinion on my perspective tbh. If you genuinely find the way they play entertaining, good for you, I think it's quite dire.

Happy for you, keep the narrative going.

You annoyed by those offside decisions against England?

No, I am tired of hearing the Boks are boring as a blanket comment on our play.

Look at the match stats, attacking stats are almost identical.

England kicked more than SA. But we are always boring, go figure.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:14 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Rumours that Kruis is coming back too. Isiekwe for me should have looked at staying with Northampton.

Why, Saints have a plethora of locks and he spent most of last season playing 6? At Sarries he's played a mix of lock and 6 and generally played well and led the lineout in the games I've seen.

formerly known as Sam

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:15 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:What peoples thoughts of Sinkler?

And is the lack of genuine bulk (size) in the pack an issue...or not an issue at all? or only an issue v the Boks?

You think he was bad or suffered in the scrums in the 2nd half? For me it's the 2nd but does that mean it's a case of bringing on Stuart earlier who is not as good in the scrum or the loose to match the 1 team who has an equally good 1st and 2nd (personally think kock is 2nd best anyway when they have their 1st choice front row)? Bulk, well we had a starting scrum heavier and I thought for 40 mins Hill was great. I'll reluctantly agree ewels didn't have a great impact though I obviously rate him. Should launchbury and kruis be available they'd be there....and yes I agree isiekwe if given starts pushes them. I'd say stock with those as the next locks will come through in the next 3 to 4 years.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:16 pm

People are entitled to their opinions, I too find South Africa boring to watch. I want to see a team at least try and use their backline on the flipside I find super rugby equally boring because it's too open.

Last edited by Soul Requiem on Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soul Requiem

No 7&1/2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:17 pm

Stuart has really struggled with the step up, I'm not sure what he's adding. I was quite shocked to read he's 135kg!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:17 pm

Bad day at the office. Bulk is all relative he's the same size or bigger than the starting SA front row, and there isn't much point in competing with the SA replacements. He did run out of steam early though.

May also had a hard time. That 22 drop out attempt was terrible, but he was covering his wing and FB with Steward going up into the line.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:21 pm

Old Man wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:The moment SA sense defeat we see the nasty streak coming out, some real cheap shots.

A lucky win but we have a template to beat SA now. If we could get some kind of parity in the pack we have the backs to cut them to ribbons.

Exactly, there was some real nasty stuff going on from SA.....they're not the best losers to be fair.

Far from a convincing win for us but a win for the rugby purists somewhat. SA play such boring rugby, it's just turgid to watch. I understand they're effective but you want some form of entertainment from your national side, I couldn't watch that week in week out

I will grant you we were poor in the first half, but if you think SA was boring in the second half then I call on that.

I never said they were poor, I said they were boring. Entertainment is subjective so if you don't really get to have an opinion on my perspective tbh. If you genuinely find the way they play entertaining, good for you, I think it's quite dire.

Winning ain't boring.
That said, if I had the SA pack, especially Etzebeth, I would probably feed my forwards until they can't walk......

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:28 pm

Old Man wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Encourage them to start playing better rugby then?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:29 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:

You think he was bad or suffered in the scrums in the 2nd half? For me it's the 2nd but does that mean it's a  case of bringing on Stuart earlier who is not as good in the scrum or the loose to match the 1 team who has an equally good 1st and 2nd (personally think kock is 2nd best anyway when they have their 1st choice front row)? Bulk, well we had a starting scrum heavier and I thought for 40 mins Hill was great. I'll reluctantly agree ewels didn't have a great impact though I obviously rate him. Should launchbury and kruis be available they'd be there....and yes I agree isiekwe if given starts pushes them. I'd say stock with those as the next locks will come through in the next 3 to 4 years.

Maybe I'm being harsh and after a South Africa game is not the best time...but I'm not sure we see the same match influencing performances we see from him at Bristol.

Stuart is suffering from a lack of progression at an awful bath, they need a new top notch head coach efc and we may see much more from him.

I agree power is always far more important than size or bulk.

Is Sinkler as heavy as the starting Boks front row? I'd be utterly amazed if he is....

Agree with Hill. Hes had his best 3 games for England...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Old Man wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

OK. I will tell them to finish their chances, then everyone will wax lirycal about the same play, how's that?

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Stuart has really struggled with the step up, I'm not sure what he's adding. I was quite shocked to read he's 135kg!

I think this is more down to the debacle at Bath. They heed an overhaul of their coaches...and you will see an improvement, yeah hes a big boy...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:33 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Why, Saints have a plethora of locks and he spent most of last season playing 6? At Sarries he's played a mix of lock and 6 and generally played well and led the lineout in the games I've seen.

Because he's getting played at 6 when he plays at Saracens generally. And he's not going to make a dent there for England.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:35 pm

Old Man wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Old Man wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Old Man wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

OK. I will tell them to finish their chances, then everyone will wax lirycal about the same play, how's that?

Erm then the style of broing rugby will remain? I mentioned earlier in the season that most of the time boring winning rugby will be tolerated but when you don't win even with the home fans it will become an issue. You win boring great. You don't win...Well.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:37 pm

I stand corrected...just checked and Sinkler IS heavier than the starting bok front row....wow Shocked

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:45 pm

What I haven't said is great game by Smith. May not have had quite the amazing breaks that has become his trademark but great decisions well executed and I think 100 per cent from the tee?

No 7&1/2

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:50 pm

Thought May was really poor as he has all Autumn and in the last 6Ns. Mailns and Steward looked way better. We desperately need some artillery in the forwards and Cowan-Dickie and Jamie George and Genge will really help. Plus we need to play a proper no.8 but EJ's will never listen!

SA really blew it but credit our boys for hanging in there and for taking their chances.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:57 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Duty281 wrote:

Dry those eyes boo boo.

Ah mate. It's not important. Be brave you little soldier. We'll take our 3rd win of the last 4 and limp on Sad.

The flirting between you two is quite arousing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:58 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Because he's getting played at 6 when he plays at Saracens generally. And he's not going to make a dent there for England.

So your argument is he should leave a club where he sometimes plays 6 and sometimes plays lock and go back to a club that played him solely at 6 so he has a better chance of playing lock internationally? If he moved on from Sarries there would be clubs that would give him game time as a lock, currently Sale, Tigers, Wasps off the top of my head would all be interested.

I like Isiekwe as a player, he's an excellent lineout forward. I think Eddie is looking at bigger blokes in the engine room to try and reinforce the scrum and maul a bit. Not sure Ewels really helps that all that much mind.

formerly known as Sam

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:59 pm

Mallins played himself into a starting wjng position...and Radwan will be challenging May if he doesn't up his game...

Plus Hassel Collins, Loader etc all coming through...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 6:59 pm

Galted wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Duty281 wrote:

Dry those eyes boo boo.

It was meant in a passive aggressive he doesn't know what he's talking about way. Bit if it does it for you you can find me on only fans.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:01 pm

hugehandoff wrote:Thought May was really poor as he has all Autumn and in the last 6Ns. Mailns and Steward looked way better. We desperately need some artillery in the forwards and Cowan-Dickie and Jamie George and Genge will really help. Plus we need to play a proper no.8 but EJ's will never listen!

SA really blew it but credit our boys for hanging in there and for taking their chances.

Don't think May has been poor before today and even with the errors he had some good touches as well. He may well be a little concerned over his place for the 6N though if Nowell and Watson are both back fit and firing. A Malins and Steward combination has proved to work very effectively, it could free up Nowell for a roaming role which could add something to our attack or we could switch Malins wing and then adding Watson to the back three we get the finishing ability but with maybe more aerial reliability.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:02 pm

Sam,

I'm not sure we have any bigger blokes at the moment. A few real young ones but after 2023 IF they make it...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:04 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Galted wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
protea438 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Duty281 wrote:

Dry those eyes boo boo.

It was meant in a passive aggressive he doesn't know what he's talking about way. Bit if it does it for you you can find me on only fans.

Cheers, 7.5. I'll have a look after the France game.

Galted
Galted
Galted

No 7&1/2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:06 pm

As a neutral, I have to say there were a few eyeraising interpretations of the video replays there by the ref.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:11 pm

clivemcl wrote:As a neutral, I have to say there were a few eyeraising interpretations of the video replays there by the ref.

In terms of?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:17 pm

Saying Kholisi went for the tackle and wasn’t competing for the catch even though his eyes were full on the ball and he had his arms up to basket the catch.

And the earlier high tackle on Estebeth. A forearm to the face is nearly always penalised and intent rarely considered.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:19 pm

clivemcl wrote:Saying Kholisi went for the tackle and wasn’t competing for the catch even though his eyes were full on the ball and he had his arms up to basket the catch.

And the earlier high tackle on Estebeth. A forearm to the face is nearly always penalised and intent rarely considered.

Oh. It's whether he was in position to seriously attempt for the ball. He wasn't hence why he changed to a tackle.

And for the Etzebeth one its in the law that a sudden change of height is mitigation and hence the tackle was correctly adjudged.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:23 pm

It is strange and really disappointing to see the drop off from Marler/Genge/Sinckler, even Mako to Rodd and whichever club level props are next. Same with LCD and George to Blamire, Dolly, and anyone else. The gaps are huge. Maybe they develop further, maybe not. But right now they are not ready for prime time and probably one or more will never play for England again during EJ's tenure. Losing those two critical lineouts in the last 5 minutes could, maybe should, have cost the match. That was poor.

I agree Hill was good, and I wonder if he benefitted from being with the Lions. He is a different player this season.

So weird, England have solid, quality depth in the back row, maybe also the second row, but not up front and not in the centres.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:25 pm

It’s hard to keep track of when intent is considered and when player safety trumps mitigation etc…

I guess when Kholisi realised mid air he wasn’t going to make the catch he should have teleported himself a few feet backwards so he didn’t make contact with the other player who had also jumped for the catch.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:27 pm

clivemcl wrote:It’s hard to keep track of when intent is considered and when player safety trumps mitigation etc…

I guess when Kholisi realised mid air he wasn’t going to make the catch he should have teleported himself a few feet backwards so he didn’t make contact with the other player who had also jumped for the catch.

You just follow the laws I guess. When Kolisi realised he wasn't in a position to make a realistic attempt for the ball he should have done everything possible to avoid the player for example. He actually made a tackle though.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:46 pm

doctor_grey wrote:It is strange and really disappointing to see the drop off from Marler/Genge/Sinckler, even Mako to Rodd and whichever club level props are next.  Same with LCD and George to Blamire, Dolly, and anyone else.  The gaps are huge.  Maybe they develop further, maybe not.  But right now they are not ready for prime time and probably one or more will never play for England again during EJ's tenure.  Losing those two critical lineouts in the last 5 minutes could, maybe should, have cost the match.  That was poor.  

I agree Hill was good, and I wonder if he benefitted from being with the Lions.  He is a different player this season.  

So weird, England have solid, quality depth in the back row, maybe also the second row, but not up front and not in the centres.  

I totally disagree!!
Blamire is 23...Rodd is 21...they've just taken on the feared Bok front row who are all in their 30's!!
Theres Hayes, Brantingham, and many others coming through who will probably ge post WC 2023...

Genge, Marler, Mako
Rodd,

I really like West at Wasps aswell who was unlucky with his injury.

Its not bad for LH options

George, LCD, Blamire is not bad for Hookers...

Geordie

No 7&1/2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 20 Nov 2021, 7:54 pm

clivemcl wrote:Saying Kholisi went for the tackle and wasn’t competing for the catch even though his eyes were full on the ball and he had his arms up to basket the catch.

I honestly think the ref bottled it, England were under the posts if he had played on (as he should have done) and he thought crap! I'd better justify the stop in play!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

lostinwales, Heaf and No 7&1/2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 20 Nov 2021, 8:09 pm

People's thoughts on the England number 8 situation?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 20 Nov 2021, 8:44 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:People's thoughts on the England number 8 situation?
I still don't see Curry at an 8.  Given that Dombrandt didn't look out of place, would like to see him get something like a full 80 in the 6 Nations (one match, not cumulatively).   He did get a fair run though.  

Any idea why Underhill came off. Missed that part. Was he hurt?

I think Simmonds is nowhere near what EJ is looking for just based on the amount of time he is being given.  This match was probably the closest we will ever get to seeing Simmonds at 12.....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next