The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:06 pm

Galted wrote:
Is calling your Dyson a 'hoover' an attempt to wind up the more pedantic posters such as Julius, LIW, PJ, Rick and Super?

It f*cking worked.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Is calling your Dyson a 'hoover' an attempt to wind up the more pedantic posters such as Julius, LIW, PJ, Rick and Super?

It f*cking worked.

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:39 pm

My vacuum cleaner really sucks. However I hardly use it because there's not much visible dust. I did see a complex of superfine spider webs under the leg of the sideboard but I just brushed that away with the top of my foot as I was walking by.

You're not going to believe this. Those people (actually film school students) are filming a zombie movie at my place. I'm actually in a nearby motel tonight. Treating myself to some quiet time.

The group included a pair of girls from Hampstead Heath... a bit of "Oh yes, I've done everything... I think nothing of hopping on the Eurostar to get my hair done in Paris. It turns out cheaper actually... you know." It was quite amusing listening to her struggling to impress me. We got on well though - reminiscing about the 80s 'nightlife' and music scene. I mentioned Shoreditch, Galted. She said part of it is posh now... but not the other side of the highway. That's still a bit of a dive apparently. Does that sound right to you?

They work odd hours and because of the rain they decided to do more outdoors shots in the backyard rather than hire a public park. I woke up this morning and bumped into the camera guy and the make up girl spreading her bits and pieces on the kitchen bench.  Laugh  (Pass!) Did I mention there were some late script changes too?

What really made me pack a small bag and leave though is when I heard one of the character's names. My name. It had already been decided beforehand but it was too much of a coincidence.

I also heard them discussing that he was one of the last survivors but as far as I can tell there is some sort of question mark at the end. He thinks he got away but some more zombies start to stir and stagger towards the place where he thinks he is safe. Too unoriginal; it's been done before a million times. Whatever rattles their cage I guess.

Give me a good Korean zombie movie any day. I watched The Host again. Superb panic scenes. The reptilian-fish monster looked slick. Loved the bit where the monster regurgitated all the bones and muck... and then the still intact beer can rolls out amongst the torrent of mess. It's all in the detail. That's top notch cinematography in my book.

Geez. I might stay here tomorrow night as well. Have a feeling they underestimated the time it's going to take to get all the scenes on film.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:47 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Bob Dole.

And I wasn't Peter Cundall.

A pretty meaningless name in this hemisphere but having looked him up it reminds me that my aunt who lived Melbourne way was a botanist.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:48 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

A pretty meaningless name in this hemisphere but having looked him up it reminds me that my aunt who lived Melbourne way was a botanist.

He was from Munchest'r y'know.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:06 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

He was from Munchest'r y'know.

Saw that too. Can't imagine what it is about the local climate here that would make him want to emigrate

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:26 am

Pal Joey wrote:Geez. I might stay here tomorrow night as well. Have a feeling they underestimated the time it's going to take to get all the scenes on film.

Sounds like someone messed up the timings on the stripboard.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:41 am

lostinwales wrote:Why do I get this feeling that there is a subset of people who post on the drive by that would consider the culture at the YCCC as harmless banter?

The commenters on the BBC FB page sure think this way, a bit like Barbara Walters with Corey Haim...

We have a Shark, it has headlights, and a Vax which is wireless, I have no idea on the ability of either to remove eggs from birds.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:09 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Why do I get this feeling that there is a subset of people who post on the drive by that would consider the culture at the YCCC as harmless banter?

The commenters on the BBC FB page sure think this way, a bit like Barbara Walters with Corey Haim...

We have a Shark, it has headlights, and a Vax which is wireless, I have no idea on the ability of either to remove eggs from birds.

My shark has headlights as well, Rick. I'm not sure of the point as we have lighting in this house.

As for the eggs, all you need is a hen and the will to overcome her objections.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:13 am

I'm willing to give it a go, supes, though hens are in short supply at the moment, I will see if i can get a willing one from a friend.

I am guessing that the lights are for under furniture, but quite frankly I am not sure I want to see what is under there, as I am led to believe there are bogeymen and the suchlike who reside underneath.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:15 am

Pal Joey wrote:

The group included a pair of girls from Hampstead Heath... a bit of "Oh yes, I've done everything... I think nothing of hopping on the Eurostar to get my hair done in Paris. It turns out cheaper actually... you know." It was quite amusing listening to her struggling to impress me. We got on well though - reminiscing about the 80s 'nightlife' and music scene. I mentioned Shoreditch, Galted. She said part of it is posh now... but not the other side of the highway. That's still a bit of a dive apparently. Does that sound right to you?

Trendy rather than posh, lots of wanky bars and old factories converted into accomodation for the self-proclaimed artistic types.  Not really that familiar with that area considering how close it is to work - only ever ventured there when I was drunk and lost, or when Galtova wanted to attend an exhibition of some sort.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:42 am

I wonder what hoover Jules's butler has?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:43 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I wonder what hoover Jules's butler has?

Old school manual push and pull one, used in conjunction with one of those wicker rug beaters.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:14 am

Thinking the story about the egg is a euphemism?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:22 am

lostinwales wrote:

Thinking the story about the egg is a euphemism?

Dunno about that, but fairly sure rICk is using euphemisms when he says "rug beater".

Absolute filth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:24 am

Henry.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:42 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Henry.

Are you asking Henry?

I wonder what kind of hoover Geoff/Jeff has? Probably just makes Sellotape gloves and knee pads and moves round the living room on all fours. Saves on the leccy bill.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:39 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Henry.

Are you asking Henry?

I wonder what kind of hoover Geoff/Jeff has? Probably just makes Sellotape gloves and knee pads and moves round the living room on all fours. Saves on the leccy bill.

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Tsmr_v10

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:06 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Henry.

Are you asking Henry?

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Tsmr_v10

That tie fighter model will be terrific when it is finished

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:59 pm

My wife is some thing of a vacuum cleaner enthusiast : we currently possess three with various specializations - of which her favourite is a nifty hand held device , a Bosch creation ; good for cleaning small spaces and doubtless capable of sucking Jules' eggs out of his livestock - or spiders out of Joey's kitchen bench... I haven't quite mastered the controls so leave the sucking to her while concentrating on setting the self-perambulating dalek type one off on its mission for the day.
(The third one is both noisy and quite powerful but requires a lot of pushing around so is mainly useful for convincing the cats to stop agitating for unscheduled meal breaks and head outside)

Glad to hear that PJ was not Peter Cundall ; but if he is shortly to become a Zombie I am not sure where this leaves us for the future...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:12 pm

Sicond.

Asked (via text message) for one of the Zombies to take the bins out. It's red and green tonight.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:28 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

Asked (via text message) for one of the Zombies to take the bins out. It's red and green tonight.

What if she's not there?

Tird.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

What if she's not there?

Tird.

How would I know, why should I care?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:23 pm

Laugh I hope you didn't warn your neighbours about what was going on.

They film at the naval college in Greenwich quite often, probably not as often as I mention the fact. A while back I saw an extra, dressed like someone out of Pride and Prejudice, smoking a fag and texting. Would have made for a good photo if I wasn't so bashful.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:25 pm

alfie wrote:My wife is some thing of a vacuum cleaner enthusiast : we currently possess three with various specializations - of which her favourite is a nifty hand held device , a Bosch creation ;  good for cleaning small spaces and doubtless capable of sucking Jules' eggs out of his livestock - or spiders out of Joey's kitchen bench... I haven't quite mastered the controls so leave the sucking to her while concentrating on setting the self-perambulating dalek type one off on its mission for the day.
(The third one is both noisy and quite powerful but requires a lot of pushing around so is mainly useful for convincing the cats to stop agitating for unscheduled meal breaks and head outside)

Glad to hear that PJ was not Peter Cundall ; but if he is shortly to become a Zombie I am not sure where this leaves us for the future...

A pity distance and CC rules prevent us all meeting, would be good to have a vacuum cleaner battle like the Top Gear specials they used to (and probably still) have.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Galted wrote:

Laugh  I hope you didn't warn your neighbours about what was going on.

They film at the naval college in Greenwich quite often, probably not as often as I mention the fact.  A while back I saw an extra, dressed like someone out of Pride and Prejudice, smoking a fag and texting.  Would have made for a good photo if I wasn't so bashful.

I worked at the naval college for a number of years (University of Greenwich) and it must be one of the most used film locations in the UK. I did see Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson walk by when they were shooting Shanghai Knights there. I also remember seeing Richard Griffiths in period dress,

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:41 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:

Laugh  I hope you didn't warn your neighbours about what was going on.

They film at the naval college in Greenwich quite often, probably not as often as I mention the fact.  A while back I saw an extra, dressed like someone out of Pride and Prejudice, smoking a fag and texting.  Would have made for a good photo if I wasn't so bashful.

I worked at the naval college for a number of years (University of Greenwich) and it must be one of the most used film locations in the UK. I did see Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson walk by when they were shooting Shanghai Knights there. I also remember seeing Richard Griffiths in period dress,

It has a very impressive film cv in terms of quantity but not quality.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:47 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

What if she's not there?

Tird.

How would I know, why should I care?

Please don't bother.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:07 pm

Galted wrote:
alfie wrote:My wife is some thing of a vacuum cleaner enthusiast : we currently possess three with various specializations - of which her favourite is a nifty hand held device , a Bosch creation ;  good for cleaning small spaces and doubtless capable of sucking Jules' eggs out of his livestock - or spiders out of Joey's kitchen bench... I haven't quite mastered the controls so leave the sucking to her while concentrating on setting the self-perambulating dalek type one off on its mission for the day.

A pity distance and CC rules prevent us all meeting, would be good to have a vacuum cleaner battle like the Top Gear specials they used to (and probably still) have.

Mine is currently on charge. You can get some wall attachment to keep it charging out of the way but that requires some level of DIY knowledge. So I might have to support the local economy and get a handyman round to put it on the wall. Move some of the pictures of the kids out of the way and have the v11 there instead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:28 pm

Galted wrote:

Mine is currently on charge. You can get some wall attachment to keep it charging out of the way but that requires some level of DIY knowledge. So I might have to support the local economy and get a handyman round to put it on the wall. Move some of the pictures of the kids out of the way and have the v11 there instead.

L*l out loud, would make a good advertisement.

My Miele is currently standing on its arse-end waiting for me to finish with the mattress I'm taking apart on the floor so that it can give the rug a good brutalising.  Every time I get up to make myself a cup of coffee I kick the f*cking on button, my nerves are shredded, not to mention the cat's.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:31 pm

Galted wrote:give the rug a good brutalising.

Filth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:55 pm

Galted wrote:give the rug a good brutalising.

Filth.

Reminds me of a story. Had a friend who had this bizarre looking mutt. Some sort of terrier-silky mix which had an unusual nervous condition which resulted in strange behaviour. The house had a long carpet along the corridor to the front door.

When I used to turn up; I'd see the dog come into the field of view at the other end. It was acting as if was paralysed... both back legs splayed outwards... then it would drag itself at a decent clip towards the front door. Rubbing (scouring more like) its private parts along the once intricate weave. I think it was your typical reddish Persian runner originally.

However, due to the frequency of this particular filthy act the carpet had worn out a bit down the middle. The pattern was a bit blurred. I used to ask my mate if he ever washed or vacuumed it. Of course not. It looked and smelt awful. When I asked what was the reason for the dog's behaviour, my mate replied. "I think he likes you". The mutt looked pretty scary but when it came a bit closer you'd notice a hint of a dog 'smile' on its face.

When it reached the front door it suddenly stood up and began walking normally again.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:00 pm

Pal Joey wrote: but when it came a bit closer you'd notice a hint of a dog 'smile' on its face.

l*l out loud.

From hoovers to the hint of bestiality in a few posts.

Peak CC stuff right there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:47 pm

Think I've just found my all time favourite post on here on the Greatest Irish Sportsperson thread.

dublfcynwa wrote:Michelle Smiths urine flaps.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:08 pm

Well this is uncharted territory for me. It is almost like the Ashes are on down under.

Glad I could unmichaels Superfly as well. Killed it yesterday, champ.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:09 pm

Fist ffs.

Disastrous opening day in the cricket, but there's a lot of time left in this test and the series for Tino to get back into it.  At least we have Super to carry our hopes for now.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:14 pm

Galted wrote:Fist ffs.

Disastrous opening day in the cricket, but there's a lot of time left in this test and the series for Tino to get back into it.  At least we have Super to carry our hopes for now.

Disastrous and predictable, Galted. Leaving out Broad and Anderson would be the equivalent of the CC putting a team in University Challenge and leaving you and me out. F*cking madness.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:21 pm

Being Skyless had to follow on Cricinfo, but see that the commentary was getting up everyone's noses. Might have to splurge on Now Tv for the opening day of the Boxing Day test but it will no doubt p*ss down with rain.

Am very impressed with PJ's speed in posting results though, maybe he should do the next Culture Cup.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:30 pm

Galted wrote:
Am very impressed with PJ's speed in posting results though, maybe he should do the next Culture Cup.

It would be quick for sure, but do we really need a CC with rounds on Alf Ramsey and Bouncer?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:32 pm

He's the Steve Archibald of cricket tipping. Always at or near the top of the heap. We are all proud of him.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:35 pm

Disastrous and predictable, Galted. Leaving out Broad and Anderson would be the equivalent of the CC putting a team in University Challenge and leaving you and me out. F*cking madness.

Me, RiCk, super, LIW. What's the problem?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:46 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

You'd be f*cked if you had a starter on wedding dresses, spiders or man-eating cats.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:00 pm

Morning.

You managed to package a whole day's activity into the first hour's play, a bit like England

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:07 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

You'd be f*cked if you had a starter on wedding dresses, spiders or man-eating cats.

True. Maybe Tino would get a place. Certainly first reserve.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

And war. There is always a question on war.

War, huh.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:19 pm

lostinwales wrote:Morning.

You managed to package a whole day's activity into the first hour's play, a bit like England

l*l.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

And war. There is always a question on war.

War, huh.

Your starter for 10 - What is it good for?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:31 pm

Galted wrote:

It would be quick for sure, but do we really need a CC with rounds on Alf Ramsey and Bouncer?

Hope there's not a question on Home and Away, otherwise you're confusing Alf Roberts for England's World Cup winning manager.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:38 pm

l*l

You're streets ahead of them as always, Super.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:59 pm

Pal Joey wrote:l*l

You're streets ahead of them as always, Super.

Got to be fair to Tina, PJ. He's suffered the double whammy of England getting thrashed like Galted's dusty rug and not picking Cummins in the tipping competition. It's no wonder he's all confused.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next