The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 17 Nov 2021, 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Dec 2021, 10:03 am

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:l*l

You're streets ahead of them as always, Super.

Got to be fair to Tina, PJ.  He's suffered the double whammy of England getting thrashed like Galted's dusty rug and not picking Cummins in the tipping competition.  It's no wonder he's all confused.  

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Don't bring that back up. Feeling low enough as it is!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Dec 2021, 10:10 am

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Got to be fair to Tina, PJ.  He's suffered the double whammy of England getting thrashed like Galted's dusty rug and not picking Cummins in the tipping competition.  It's no wonder he's all confused.  

l*l out loud.

I'm shot to bits. Need some sleep but the world of dressmaking waits for no man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 08 Dec 2021, 10:31 am

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

l*l out loud.

I'm shot to bits. Need some sleep but the world of dressmaking waits for no man.

Mate, don't worry too much about it. Just take the dogs for a walk if you haven't already and clear the mind, Windows.
A new day tomorrow. Wood and Robbo can easily grab a few wickets each. Although it was a great start for us... the wheels can fall off too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Dec 2021, 10:44 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Mate, don't worry too much about it. Just take the dogs for a walk if you haven't already and clear the mind, Windows.
A new day tomorrow. Wood and Robbo can easily grab a few wickets each. Although it was a great start for us... the wheels can fall off too.

I bloody love you, Pee Jay. You always make me feel more upbeat.

You'll make someone an excellent wife one day.

I'm going up north tonight for a mates wedding. I've got to take a load of bridesmaid dresses up (I like to call it a business trip) that I've Mrs Window's has done some last minute adjustments on.

Wedding is Friday. I am planning on meeting a load of old mates tomorrow for a few bevvies. We might head into Liverpool but no doubt we'll get so drunk at lunchtime, we'll end up staying in Runcorn. I've now got visions of some of my mates walking round wearing bridesmaid dresses and getting into a punch up in the Red Admiral. I need to get some sleep tonight to try and retain some element of control tomorrow.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 08 Dec 2021, 1:34 pm

Galted wrote:Being Skyless had to follow on Cricinfo, but see that the commentary was getting up everyone's noses.  Might have to splurge on Now Tv for the opening day of the Boxing Day test but it will no doubt p*ss down with rain.

Wouldn't do that, it's on BT.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 08 Dec 2021, 2:00 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Galted wrote:Being Skyless had to follow on Cricinfo, but see that the commentary was getting up everyone's noses.  Might have to splurge on Now Tv for the opening day of the Boxing Day test but it will no doubt p*ss down with rain.

Cheers. I guess that explains the moaning about the Aussie commentators.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Dec 2021, 2:23 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Why did you tell him that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 08 Dec 2021, 2:36 pm

Duty281 wrote:

1) It's Christmas.
2) Galted is in my top 50 posters on this board.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Dec 2021, 2:41 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

1) It's Christmas.
2) Galted is in my top 50 posters on this board.

Fair. He is in my top 50 as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 08 Dec 2021, 2:48 pm

If only Duty hadn't blocked me. I'd easily knock Galted out of the top 50.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Dec 2021, 3:00 pm

superflyweight wrote:If only Duty hadn't blocked me.  I'd easily knock Galted out of the top 50.  

Maybe I could broker peace between you pair? Like a Brexit negotiator?

Obviously I'd slag you both off to the other person but it might work.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 08 Dec 2021, 4:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:If only Duty hadn't blocked me.  I'd easily knock Galted out of the top 50.  

It could be like Yalta, but without the deviant sex games.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Dec 2021, 4:23 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Duty has got to be Winston, that goes without saying.

That leaves you and I fighting to be Roosevelt and Stalin. I do vividly remember you posting something about Stalin getting jizz in his moustache once. I can't remember the context but it definitely happened (your post, not the jizz).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 08 Dec 2021, 4:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Duty has got to be Winston, that goes without saying.

That leaves you and I fighting to be Roosevelt and Stalin. I do vividly remember you posting something about Stalin getting jizz in his moustache once. I can't remember the context but it definitely happened (your post, not the jizz).

I can't remember that - possibly a fever dream after reading the 700 page biography of Uncle Joe. It's been a while since I read it, but maybe the jizz got there when he was lying dead for a while and everyone was too scared to do anything about it. Possible that someone crept in the room for a sneaky one. My money would be on Beria.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 09 Dec 2021, 9:18 am

Fist. I think its Thursday.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 09 Dec 2021, 9:25 am

Sicond here and sicond in PJ's Ashes competition. Marvellous start to the day.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 Dec 2021, 9:50 am

Tird.

Yeah, nice work, Supes.

The film crew have left. It's a good opportunity the hose down the walls and floors and get some air in the place.
Actually, the Pommie girl was pretty good. She vacuumed the joint, wiped down the counters and put on a few "intense" dishwasher loads.
I used a bucket to scoop water out of the pool and flush all their film debris away. Bugger all to do now really except wash the towels.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 09 Dec 2021, 12:17 pm

Another disappointing day in the cricket - Tino made up some ground but not as much as I would have liked.  Hope he can have a good 3rd day and start to put some pressure on those above him, don't want to go into the second test with a lot of catching up to do - something that is especially true of the Boxing and New Years tests when there's likely to be alcohol involved in decision-making.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 Dec 2021, 10:07 pm

Kicking myself I didn't back my own team and went for the limp-fisted draw instead.

I honestly thought this one would be washed out or too much time would be lost but just checking the weather app for Brisbane... it looks like there will be no more rain for the remainder of the match and it will be sunny on Saturday.

9 out of 17 have gone for the Aus win including Super and Duty. At the moment; Tino, Guildford, alfie and myself appear to have been too conservative with our predictions.

There's still time to join the fray if you want, Galted. I'd start you on 25 points below the bottom placed... only a wicket way from getting above that position (if the second last person doesn't have the same bowler) and you can then power your way up through the rankings. Plenty of time remains for twists and turns in this series. Despite the poor start I have a feeling England will wrestle their way back into it... somehow.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Dec 2021, 10:28 pm

Pal Joey wrote:it looks like there will be no more rain for the remainder of the match and it will be sunny on Saturday.

F*ck

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 09 Dec 2021, 10:34 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:it looks like there will be no more rain for the remainder of the match and it will be sunny on Saturday.

F*ck

l*l

Cue double centuries for Rory and Joe... but Stokes will tear his scrotum going for a quick single.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Dec 2021, 9:41 am

Galted wrote:Another disappointing day in the cricket - Tino made up some ground but not as much as I would have liked.  Hope he can have a good 3rd day and start to put some pressure on those above him, don't want to go into the second test with a lot of catching up to do - something that is especially true of the Boxing and New Years tests when there's likely to be alcohol involved in decision-making.

I'm surging up the table, Galted. Doing it for you, champ. Double tons for Malan and Root tomorrow and then a drawn match and I reckon I'll be at the top of the table.

Made it through a night in Runcorn without a fist fight, STI or death. Dresses were delivered safely which is important.

I'm absolutely hanging now though. I stink of booze and had about 4 hours sleep. Need a shower and a walk to try and get ready for the wedding.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 10 Dec 2021, 10:16 am

Pal Joey wrote:Kicking myself I didn't back my own team and went for the limp-fisted draw instead.

I honestly thought this one would be washed out or too much time would be lost but just checking the weather app for Brisbane... it looks like there will be no more rain for the remainder of the match and it will be sunny on Saturday.

9 out of 17 have gone for the Aus win including Super and Duty. At the moment; Tino, Guildford, alfie and myself appear to have been too conservative with our predictions.

There's still time to join the fray if you want, Galted. I'd start you on 25 points below the bottom placed... only a wicket way from getting above that position (if the second last person doesn't have the same bowler) and you can then power your way up through the rankings. Plenty of time remains for twists and turns in this series. Despite the poor start I have a feeling England will wrestle their way back into it... somehow.

Thanks, PJ.  I do intend to enter a tipping competition one day but that day's going to have to wait until I'm able to watch the cricket.  As things are I'm stuck with Cricinfo and hindsight.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 10 Dec 2021, 10:26 am

Galted wrote:Another disappointing day in the cricket - Tino made up some ground but not as much as I would have liked.  Hope he can have a good 3rd day and start to put some pressure on those above him, don't want to go into the second test with a lot of catching up to do - something that is especially true of the Boxing and New Years tests when there's likely to be alcohol involved in decision-making.

I'm surging up the table, Galted. Doing it for you, champ. Double tons for Malan and Root tomorrow and then a drawn match and I reckon I'll be at the top of the table.

Made it through a night in Runcorn without a fist fight, STI or death. Dresses were delivered safely which is important.

I'm absolutely hanging now though. I stink of booze and had about 4 hours sleep. Need a shower and a walk to try and get ready for the wedding.

That's a relief, I was start to feel that day 3 could be pivotal for your chances of making inroads.  A poor day would have left you with too much to do.

I've also got a wedding tomorrow, a mate's daughter.  Mine is more of a case of popping in to collect lottery money from the mate in question and having a few bottles.  The bride's guests will be heavily tattooed, bald cockneys swimming in chains and rings (the men anyway, the women aren't bald) who speak a form of rhyming slang that would leave Danny Dyer sounding like Trevor MacDonald.  I think the groom's side are quite civilised so should be entertaining watching the shocked faces when 'OI, Gazza/Dazza/Bazza, you c*nt' get bandied about, willy-nilly.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 10 Dec 2021, 10:35 am

I'm absolutely hanging now though. I stink of booze and had about 4 hours sleep. Need a shower and a w*nk to try and get ready for the wedding.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Dec 2021, 10:42 am

superflyweight wrote:

I'm absolutely hanging now though. I stink of booze and had about 4 hours sleep. Need a shower and a w*nk to try and get ready for the wedding.

Too late.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Dec 2021, 10:45 am

Galted wrote:

I've also got a wedding tomorrow, a mate's daughter.  Mine is more of a case of popping in to collect lottery money from the mate in question and having a few bottles.  The bride's guests will be heavily tattooed, bald cockneys swimming in chains and rings (the men anyway, the women aren't bald) who speak a form of rhyming slang that would leave Danny Dyer sounding like Trevor MacDonald.  I think the groom's side are quite civilised so should be entertaining watching the shocked faces when 'OI, Gazza/Dazza/Bazza, you c*nt' get bandied about, willy-nilly.

L*l out loud.

I wonder what is worse. My scouse wedding or your cockney one?

Mine has a near certainty of a scrap breaking out at some point. It will almost certainly be the women as well.

I'd say it's even money the bride is involved.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 10 Dec 2021, 11:00 am

I got married under a T-Rex.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 10 Dec 2021, 11:17 am

Galted wrote:

L*l out loud.

I wonder what is worse. My scouse wedding or your cockney one?

Mine has a near certainty of a scrap breaking out at some point. It will almost certainly be the women as well.

I'd say it's even money the bride is involved.

L*l out loud.  Thought it was only at Aintree Lady's Day that that happened.

Probably won't be a brawl at mine but there is bound to be some innocent pisstake or misunderstanding which causes a decades-long feud and spawns a multitude of future brawls.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 10 Dec 2021, 11:37 am

lostinwales wrote:I got married under a T-Rex.

Whilst riding a white swan.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 10 Dec 2021, 12:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

No but I was wearing white underwear (kidding)

The other obvious line is that that is no way to talk about the mother in law.

We hired the Oxford Natural History museum for an hour on a Saturday afternoon. Was wonderful

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 10 Dec 2021, 12:40 pm

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

We hired the Oxford Natural History museum for an hour on a Saturday afternoon. Was wonderful

Did you at least wear a tall hat?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 10 Dec 2021, 4:08 pm

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Aha. I thought it was a song lyric and so kept quiet to hide my ignorance.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 13 Dec 2021, 9:19 am

Fist.

Hope Tino made it, no news since the wedding.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 13 Dec 2021, 10:10 am

Sicond. Sicond to the core

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 13 Dec 2021, 10:34 am

Galted wrote:Fist.

Made it out alive, Galted. Just. Thanks for your concern.

Was a proper good northern party. There were tears, tantrums and tables turned over. And that was just the bridesmaids. I tapped out about 4:30 am but half of the guests were just getting started. My mate bought a round of Baileys and brandy (in the same glass) and that was the point I realised I needed to leave. It was essentially a late night Channel 5 tv programme.

Andy "Captain Poofinger" made an appearance at the reception which was amusing. Haven't seen him for years. Covid gave me a good excuse not to shake his hand as well.

How was your Cockernee do? Jellied eels for the dinner? Pie and mash? A sing along to Knees up Mother Brown?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 13 Dec 2021, 11:50 am

Galted wrote:Fist.

Made it out alive, Galted. Just. Thanks for your concern.

Was a proper good northern party. There were tears, tantrums and tables turned over. And that was just the bridesmaids. I tapped out about 4:30 am but half of the guests were just getting started. My mate bought a round of Baileys and brandy (in the same glass) and that was the point I realised I needed to leave. It was essentially a late night Channel 5 tv programme.

Andy "Captain Poofinger" made an appearance at the reception which was amusing. Haven't seen him for years. Covid gave me a good excuse not to shake his hand as well.

How was your Cockernee do? Jellied eels for the dinner? Pie and mash? A sing along to Knees up Mother Brown?

Was good fun thanks, though about three quarters of the people I'd expected to see weren't there due to ongoing vendettas/tensions/boycotts/blacklists etc.  Didn't stay for too long, everyone else had been drinking all day and it was starting to get a bit messy with all the manly hugging and 'love you'.  Did manage to stay for just long enough to insult a friend of my mate's wife by considerately pointing out that she'd changed her hair colour since I'd last seen her (turns out she hadn't become blonde, as I thought, but grey), to be accused of being a 'f*cking bummer' and a 'wrong 'un' for only having two beers and to be headbutted in the b*ollocks by his two-year-old grandson.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 13 Dec 2021, 12:24 pm

Galted wrote:...it was starting to get a bit messy with all the manly hugging and 'love you'.

Very much like you and Tino on here.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 13 Dec 2021, 1:39 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:...it was starting to get a bit messy with all the manly hugging and 'love you'.

Very much like you and Tino on here.

I've got some love for you also, Jules.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 14 Dec 2021, 8:46 am

Fist fist for a while.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 14 Dec 2021, 8:55 am

Simply sicond.

How's it going Jules?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 14 Dec 2021, 9:30 am

Tird.

Was due to actually visit my office for the first time tomorrow (having been working for them since April). Cancelled.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 14 Dec 2021, 9:49 am

Pal Joey wrote:Simply sicond.

How's it going Jules?

Clients are all panicking about the log4j hack. Lots of fun.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 14 Dec 2021, 10:25 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

How's it going Jules?

Is that worse than the log3j hack?

Our clients are panicking about weddings, christenings and parties in 2022.

Me too.....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 14 Dec 2021, 10:37 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

How's it going Jules?

Similar here, doesn't affect me directly, but trying to get resource to sort any kind of issues that arise is basically impossible, though the major vendors are being surprisingly accommodating... For now

Morning all

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 14 Dec 2021, 1:15 pm

Hello everyone.  Day off today or I might have fancied getting myself a fist.

So far I've had three sleeps, two cups of coffee and a bag of a Chilli Heatwave Doritos.  Fancied a crap as well but just haven't managed to find the time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 15 Dec 2021, 9:06 am

Fist fist for 24 hours.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 15 Dec 2021, 9:20 am

Fist sicond in that same time frame.

Managed to find the time for a crap yesterday.  Due to the hours which had elapsed and the amount of coffee I'd had by then, it really tested the elasticity of my sphincter which, I'm proud to say, withstood the stress under which it was placed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 Dec 2021, 9:55 am

Galted wrote:it really tested the elasticity of my sphincter.

That was also the title of Sean's 6th form year book.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 15 Dec 2021, 11:44 am

Galted wrote:it really tested the elasticity of my sphincter.

That was also the title of Sean's 6th form year book.

Sounds more like a journal entry or the conclusion of a speech.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next