The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down


Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:16 pm

Dunno, ask supes he's a lawyer, i just talk 5h1t for a living

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12571
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Duty281 Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:30 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:People who pack their shopping after the have paid, rather than bagging it as you go on the self checkouts are a bunch of c***s

I do this.

Duty281

Posts : 27003
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:36 pm

Duty281 wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:People who pack their shopping after the have paid, rather than bagging it as you go on the self checkouts are a bunch of c***s
I do this.

I do too. But only when I'm in Newcastle.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19778
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Dunno, ask supes he's a lawyer, i just talk 5h1t for a living

He isn't even the best lawyer in his household.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19778
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:44 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Dunno, ask supes he's a lawyer, i just talk 5h1t for a living

He isn't even the best lawyer in his household.

True. I am the best dressmaker though.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7873
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:50 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Dunno, ask supes he's a lawyer, i just talk 5h1t for a living

He isn't even the best lawyer in his household.

True.  I am the best dressmaker though.  

I'd love to retort that I am the best lawyer in my house but that wouldn't be true.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19778
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:28 pm

My missus has zero legal training and I am yet to win a meaningful argument about anything.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12571
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:18 am

Completely unacceptable fist.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52227
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:07 am

Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21120
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:07 am

An umichaelising sicond!

(b@stard. Pipped on the line...)


Last edited by lostinwales on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12174
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:37 am

Galted goes fort.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

I'll have to bear the brunt.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52227
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:25 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

I'll have to bear the brunt.

You people do post some schutt.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:59 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

Oh FFS.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21120
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Pal Joey and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:33 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

I'll have to bear the brunt.

You people do post some schutt.

Fine, ignore my post. I couldn't carey less.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:19 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

I'll have to bear the brunt.

You people do post some schutt.

Fine, ignore my post.  I couldn't carey less.

Apologies Galted, I don't know why I didn't spot that. I don't know wyatt all.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21120
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:12 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

I'll have to bear the brunt.

You people do post some schutt.

Fine, ignore my post.  I couldn't carey less.

Apologies Galted, I don't know why I didn't spot that. I don't know wyatt all.

Cheers, Julius. I was lanning towards leaving this thread but I'll stick it out a while longer.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:59 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

I'll have to bear the brunt.

You people do post some schutt.

Fine, ignore my post.  I couldn't carey less.

Apologies Galted, I don't know why I didn't spot that. I don't know wyatt all.

Cheers, Julius.  I was lanning towards leaving this thread but I'll stick it out a while longer.

Vlaeminck Norah, Galted - don't leave.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21120
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

I'll have to bear the brunt.

You people do post some schutt.

Fine, ignore my post.  I couldn't carey less.

Apologies Galted, I don't know why I didn't spot that. I don't know wyatt all.

Cheers, Julius.  I was lanning towards leaving this thread but I'll stick it out a while longer.

Vlaeminck Norah, Galted - don't leave.

l*l out loud, you certainly are the king of these exchanges.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sicond.
Women's Ashes underway. This is where you get yours PJ!

I'll have to bear the brunt.

You people do post some schutt.

Fine, ignore my post.  I couldn't carey less.

Apologies Galted, I don't know why I didn't spot that. I don't know wyatt all.

Cheers, Julius.  I was lanning towards leaving this thread but I'll stick it out a while longer.

Vlaeminck Norah, Galted - don't leave.

l*l out loud, you certainly are the king of these exchanges.

Thank you, and good knight.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21120
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:36 am

I'm not Meatloaf, but I'd do anything for Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12571
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:02 am

Sicond can wait.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52227
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:05 am

Tird - I'm also not Meatloaf but I am a real dead ringer for love.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7873
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:05 am

Flaming Tird

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12174
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:14 am

Have to feel for him, he's had decades to change his name to something less sh*t and now the opportunity's gone.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:20 am

I'd do anything for fort, but I won't do that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21120
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:28 am

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:09 am

Galted wrote:You took the words right out of my mouth.

What were you doing with Julius?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12174
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:28 am

I'm a vegetarian so definitely not Meatloaf.

I always imagined that Jeff/Geoff looked a bit like Meatloaf. Then I saw what Jeff/Geoff looked like and he doesn't. Now I don't think any members look like Meatloaf.

I imagine Superfly looks a little like Tommy from Trainspotting, just with a beard. I mean Tommy from the beginning of the film, not when he is a partially dead junkie. Jules looks like Edward II and Galted looks like Kryten from Red Dwarf.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19778
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:41 am

I've almost certainly met Rick but don't know what he looks like. It gives him a sense of glamour lacking in the rest of you - except Jules who I've always pictured as looking like Noel Coward but dressed as Purple Rain era Prince.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7873
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:51 am

superflyweight wrote:I've almost certainly met Rick but don't know what he looks like. 

So have I. I thought he was a decade younger than me but when I found out he was roughly the same age, we will have definitely been in the same clubs together.

I think he looks like a slightly younger version of Noel Edmonds.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19778
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I've almost certainly met Rick but don't know what he looks like. 

So have I. I thought he was a decade younger than me but when I found out he was roughly the same age, we will have definitely been in the same clubs together.

I think he looks like a slightly younger version of Noel Edmonds.

Can't remember anyone on the law course at Dundee looking like that (except a couple of the women) but I didn't turn up all that often so he may have sneaked in under the radar.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7873
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:09 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
I imagine Superfly looks a little like Tommy from Trainspotting, just with a beard. I mean Tommy from the beginning of the film, not when he is a partially dead junkie. Jules looks like Edward II and Galted looks like Kryten from Red Dwarf.

There is a similarity.



Remember when michaels imagined that you look like this?:

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Herve_10
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:12 am

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
I imagine Superfly looks a little like Tommy from Trainspotting, just with a beard. I mean Tommy from the beginning of the film, not when he is a partially dead junkie. Jules looks like Edward II and Galted looks like Kryten from Red Dwarf.

There is a similarity.



Remember when michaels imagined that you look like this?:

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Herve_10

l*l out loud.

It isn't far off actually. I am just a tiny bit taller but other than that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19778
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:13 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:I'm not Meatloaf, but I'd do anything for Fist.

Morning rick - hope you got away and weren't Hardy Kruger either.

Brilliant actor in two of my favourite films.

guildfordbat

Posts : 15293
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:26 am

guildfordbat wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:I'm not Meatloaf, but I'd do anything for Fist.

Morning rick - hope you got away and weren't Hardy Kruger either.

Brilliant actor in two of my favourite films.

I'm going to guess Flight of the Phoenix and Barry Lyndon.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:33 am

Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:I'm not Meatloaf, but I'd do anything for Fist.

Morning rick - hope you got away and weren't Hardy Kruger either.

Brilliant actor in two of my favourite films.

I'm going to guess Flight of the Phoenix and Barry Lyndon.

I'm guessing that A Bridge too Far is one of them.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7873
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:21 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:I'm not Meatloaf, but I'd do anything for Fist.

Morning rick - hope you got away and weren't Hardy Kruger either.

Brilliant actor in two of my favourite films.

I'm going to guess Flight of the Phoenix and Barry Lyndon.

I'm guessing that A Bridge too Far is one of them.  

Good effort and close, Galted. You too, superfly.

The first was actually, as flagged to rick, The One That Got Away. At risk of being blatantly pretentious, (moi?), the range of emotions Kruger displays in that film are superb. From sneering cockiness as he mocks his British captors to desperation and starving hunger as he gnaws on a turnip in a farmer's outbuilding. Well worth tracking down on the interweb. I don't think he or the film got any awards or nominations - assuming I'm correct there, that's appalling and I would guess down to anti Gereman bias still prevailing at the time.

The other was indeed Flight of the Phoenix. Cracking entertainment. Great story with very fine performances from several big names - besides Kruger, it featured Stewart, Attenborough, Finch and Borgnine. Very odd that Ian Bannen got the only Oscar acting nomination - for Best Support. If you accept that Stewart was the lead, Kruger should have beaten Bannen hands down for that nomination.

I watched A Bridge Too Far in full for the first time this Christmas. Enjoyed it more than I expected but nothing like a significant role for Kruger.

I get the impression that Barry Lyndon is generally more favourably regarded now than when it was first released in the '70s. I've seen it a couple of times. Too segmented for me.

Apologies for taking the chat away from Meat Loaf, spiders and - for Tino - cricket.

guildfordbat

Posts : 15293
Join date : 2011-04-07

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by doctor_grey Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:30 pm

Just saw the news about Meat Loaf.  That first album came out when I was still kind of a young'un and I still think it is one of my favourite albums of all time.  Going to have it played in the office all day today.  Can't play it in the OR, though.  We might lose our train of thought....

Right on the heels of losing Ronnie Spector. I was too young for her heyday, but still love her voice. Still enjoy her recordings with the E Street Band, Eddie Money, and especially Southside Johnny.

Loved them both.

doctor_grey

Posts : 10103
Join date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:48 pm

doctor_grey wrote:Just saw the news about Meat Loaf.  That first album came out when I was still kind of a young'un and I still think it is one of my favourite albums of all time.  Going to have it played in the office all day today.  Can't play it in the OR, though.  We might lose our train of thought....

Right on the heels of losing Ronnie Spector.  I was too young for her heyday, but still love her voice.  Still enjoy her recordings with the E Street Band, Eddie Money, and especially Southside Johnny.  

Loved them both.    

I listened to the Phil Spector Christmas album a lot in the lead up to Christmas this year. Ronnie's voice was great and the songs by the Ronettes on that album are pretty much the definitive versions of those songs.


superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7873
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:28 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:I'm not Meatloaf, but I'd do anything for Fist.

Morning rick - hope you got away and weren't Hardy Kruger either.

Brilliant actor in two of my favourite films.

I'm going to guess Flight of the Phoenix and Barry Lyndon.

I'm guessing that A Bridge too Far is one of them.  

Good effort and close, Galted. You too, superfly.

The first was actually, as flagged to rick, The One That Got Away. At risk of being blatantly pretentious, (moi?), the range of emotions Kruger displays in that film are superb. From sneering cockiness as he mocks his British captors to desperation and starving hunger as he gnaws on a turnip in a farmer's outbuilding. Well worth tracking down on the interweb. I don't think he or the film got any awards or nominations - assuming I'm correct there, that's appalling and I would guess down to anti Gereman bias still prevailing at the time.

The other was indeed Flight of the Phoenix. Cracking entertainment. Great story with very fine performances from several big names - besides Kruger, it featured Stewart, Attenborough, Finch and Borgnine. Very odd that Ian Bannen got the only Oscar acting nomination - for Best Support. If you accept that Stewart was the lead, Kruger should have beaten Bannen hands down for that nomination.

I watched A Bridge Too Far in full for the first time this Christmas. Enjoyed it more than I expected but nothing like a significant role for Kruger.

I get the impression that Barry Lyndon is generally more favourably regarded now than when it was first released in the '70s. I've seen it a couple of times. Too segmented for me.

Apologies for taking the chat away from Meat Loaf, spiders and - for Tino - cricket.

Was going to launch into a discussion of Flight of the Phoenix but realised the film I'm thinking of is Ice Cold in Alex, could have been awkward.  I'm sure I've seen FOTP in my youth though, might be due another watch.  The One That Got Away sounds worth a watch - though it might be difficult persuading Galtova to watch either of them as they're unlikely to feature Keanu Reeves.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:57 pm

Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:I'm not Meatloaf, but I'd do anything for Fist.

Morning rick - hope you got away and weren't Hardy Kruger either.

Brilliant actor in two of my favourite films.

I'm going to guess Flight of the Phoenix and Barry Lyndon.

I'm guessing that A Bridge too Far is one of them.  

Good effort and close, Galted. You too, superfly.

The first was actually, as flagged to rick, The One That Got Away. At risk of being blatantly pretentious, (moi?), the range of emotions Kruger displays in that film are superb. From sneering cockiness as he mocks his British captors to desperation and starving hunger as he gnaws on a turnip in a farmer's outbuilding. Well worth tracking down on the interweb. I don't think he or the film got any awards or nominations - assuming I'm correct there, that's appalling and I would guess down to anti Gereman bias still prevailing at the time.

The other was indeed Flight of the Phoenix. Cracking entertainment. Great story with very fine performances from several big names - besides Kruger, it featured Stewart, Attenborough, Finch and Borgnine. Very odd that Ian Bannen got the only Oscar acting nomination - for Best Support. If you accept that Stewart was the lead, Kruger should have beaten Bannen hands down for that nomination.

I watched A Bridge Too Far in full for the first time this Christmas. Enjoyed it more than I expected but nothing like a significant role for Kruger.

I get the impression that Barry Lyndon is generally more favourably regarded now than when it was first released in the '70s. I've seen it a couple of times. Too segmented for me.

Apologies for taking the chat away from Meat Loaf, spiders and - for Tino - cricket.

Was going to launch into a discussion of Flight of the Phoenix but realised the film I'm thinking of is Ice Cold in Alex, could have been awkward.  I'm sure I've seen FOTP in my youth though, might be due another watch.  The One That Got Away sounds worth a watch - though it might be difficult persuading Galtova to watch either of them as they're unlikely to feature Keanu Reeves.

Ha! Flight of the Phoenix was remade in the early 2000s but I'm pretty sure Keanu Reeves didn't feature. Obviously I haven't seen the remake. The One That Got Away was made in black and white which I guess would further put off a modern girl like Galtova.

Haven't seen Ice Cold in Alex for many years but remember liking it and Sylvia Syms particularly.

guildfordbat

Posts : 15293
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:10 am

Not that fussed about a fist, but if no one else is up for it...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21120
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:22 am

Frustrated not to get a fist, took too much time trying to come up with something memorable.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:49 am

Galted wrote:Frustrated not to get a fist, took too much time trying to come up with something memorable.

The weekend not long enough for you?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21120
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:26 am

Tird. About right for a Monday morning in January.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12174
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:Frustrated not to get a fist, took too much time trying to come up with something memorable.

The weekend not long enough for you?

Nope.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:47 pm

Probably about time for someone to post about how its a bit sh!t here today.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12174
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:54 pm

lostinwales wrote:Probably about time for someone to post about how its a bit sh!t here today.

I'll come out of hiding if we've stopped talking about actors I've never heard of or films I've never seen.

Although I have seen A Bridge too Far. Cracking film that is.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19778
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:08 pm

I have been wondering why Ice Cold in Alex was mentioned in a discussion about Hardy Kruger given he's not in the film.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12174
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum