The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

+41
PhilBB
Rugby Fan
Collapse2005
BamBam
ScarletSpiderman
Oakdene
yappysnap
doctor_grey
propdavid_london
WELL-PAST-IT
sensisball
Highland Shaun
Filo8
MichaelT
Heaf
Maine man
Old Man
BigTrevsbigmac
RiscaGame
Recwatcher16
Mr Bounce
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pot Hale
Welshmushroom
Sgt_Pooly
profitius
Margin_Walker
Cumbrian
nathan
Poorfour
BigGee
lostinwales
geoff999rugby
LeinsterFan4life
Fluxy
Hazel Sapling
No 7&1/2
king_carlos
Geordie
mikey_dragon
formerly known as Sam
45 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 7 Empty SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 18 Jan 2022, 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

GeordieFalcon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:I think Schoeman has been injured for nearly all his time at Bath. Can play 10 and 15 though.

Chiefs look set to sign Leinster second row Dunne a 6ft8 122kg 21 year old for next season. Hasn't played this season yet due to an ankle injury. Replacement for one of the outgoing internationals it seems.

Just what we need!

At least your youngsters will get lots of game time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 7 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 29 Apr 2022, 10:46 am

Francis has moved to Bath then. So they have him, Redpath and Ojomoh now who are all pretty much 12s, though the latter has turned up at 13 a few times. May be thinking the the youngsters will be away with their national teams a few times?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 7 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 29 Apr 2022, 11:59 am

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/steffon-armitage-to-quit-top-14-for-the-french-third-tier-biarritz/

Not sure if mentioned, Steffon Armitage is off to Stade Nicois. Apparently he supported the team growing up.

Stade Nicois had a close relationship to the Scottish Rugby Union with young players and coaches sent there. David Cherry is probably the most famous alumni of the club to return to Scotland. Not sure if it is still in place as last mention of it was 2019 before Covid.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 29 Apr 2022, 2:10 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Francis has moved to Bath then. So they have him, Redpath and Ojomoh now who are all pretty much 12s, though the latter has turned up at 13 a few times. May be thinking the the youngsters will be away with their national teams a few times?

Cheap but experienced 10 cover as well.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 29 Apr 2022, 3:04 pm

Given Redpaths injury record selection will take care of itself most weeks

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 29 Apr 2022, 11:27 pm

Holmes is very likely departing and the destination is Ealing… in what can only be dubbed ‘career suicide’.
Can Ealing really pay more than the WRU??? He’s truly been shafted by Pivac. Only a clown would just blatantly ignore his form after publicly stating that Wales need more back 3 players. Dropping him for Tom Rogers was a sucker punch too. Had he been picked he might have shown that he is a good enough player, in-turn inflating his worth. Oh well.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 30 Apr 2022, 1:05 am

Ealing have decent investment behind them and have signed a few players who also had offers from Premiership clubs in recent years.

Losing EQP status is tough as a winger. Most Premiership wingers are either EQP or one of their clubs best backs - Duhan, Nadolo, Big T, LZR, Carreras. There aren't many non-EQP wingers about that I'd consider solid players rather than standouts. Maitland and McGuigan would be two but have been with Sarries and Sale respectively for yonks. Courtnall Skosan and Facundo Cordero? Morahan is a very good player but below that star category I suppose. Not the most extensive list I can think of though.

Holmes grew up around London and went to school in Ealing so may well be a simple element of wanting to be closer to home for personal reasons. If none of the London Prem clubs had the cap space to sign him then a decent wage with Ealing gets him a contract close to home whilst he likely bags tries for fun in the Championship again to stay in the shop window if an opportunity opens up.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 30 Apr 2022, 1:39 pm

Has anyone heard any recent links of James Grayson to us. A few saints fan's have said it this morning but I've litterally heard nothing.

And especially after we've signed Schoeman, renewed Connon for 2 years and have Louie Johnson and Joel Hodgson ( though his contract is up this summer and nothing has bene said)

Maybe with Burrell going he could come in as a playmaking 12?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 30 Apr 2022, 7:42 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Has anyone heard any recent links of James Grayson to us. A few saints fan's have said it this morning but I've litterally heard nothing.  

And especially after we've signed Schoeman, renewed Connon for 2 years and have Louie Johnson and Joel Hodgson ( though his contract is up this summer and nothing has bene said)

Maybe with Burrell going he could come in as a playmaking 12?

I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before. If he plays like he did last night then he'd be an upgrade on all of your current options. Schoeman also plays 15 so he could be more of a Brown replacement with the idea that you go to a secondary playmaker at 15. Connon could then cover both from the bench.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 30 Apr 2022, 7:58 pm

If he played like he played last night, Saints would be nuts to let him go!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 30 Apr 2022, 8:28 pm

BigGee wrote:If he played like he played last night, Saints would be nuts to let him go!

Think he's been hit and miss for them. Seems to struggle to make the 23 on a regular basis with Furbank often used as the back up to Biggar. That will probably continue next season as Freeman who often plays wing is a good fullback and Hendie who's been playing for England under 20s is a good prospect back there as well. Easy to have Furbank cover potential injury and then load up the bench with tactical options. Leaves only international periods for Grayson to get game time and at 23 he might want more than that.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 02 May 2022, 11:04 am

John Afoa leaving Bristol for ProD2 in France. He was rumoured to be close to signing another extension. Tough loss for Bristol despite Afoa's age. He's still rock solid at the scrum and whilst his starts have decreased his games and minutes played for Bristol have been very steady.

Bristol looking like they'll have a fantastic full strength 23 next season with little below it. Rarely a recipe for success over a season.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 02 May 2022, 1:33 pm

king_carlos wrote:John Afoa leaving Bristol for ProD2 in France. He was rumoured to be close to signing another extension. Tough loss for Bristol despite Afoa's age. He's still rock solid at the scrum and whilst his starts have decreased his games and minutes played for Bristol have been very steady.

Bristol looking like they'll have a fantastic full strength 23 next season with little below it. Rarely a recipe for success over a season.

Is this the Bristol salary cap extension error from the other month bearing fruit?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Mon 02 May 2022, 4:06 pm

No he just want to closer to home.

His reason for leaving Ulster was he wanted to be close to home
Ulster, Gloucester, Bristol, Vannes
He’s taking the slow route home furious

Jono Gibbes came up with the same codswallop censored

At least Piatau was honest

geoff999rugby

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 04 May 2022, 10:28 am

Latest Nadolo rumours are that he'll be with Tigers through December then join the Waratahs for 2023.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 04 May 2022, 3:50 pm

van Rensburg leaving Sale. Lots of balancing of books going on.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 04 May 2022, 10:56 pm

When they signed Manu I immediately thought that keeping van Rensburg was important as he has that physicality to play a similar role without a massive change of game plan.

When rumours of South African exodus came out the Sale fans I spoke to felt the most important to keep were the twins and Cobus. If Sanderson can keep them the pack will be in good stead with Jonny Hill coming in.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 04 May 2022, 11:05 pm

Wade has been released by the Bills. I'd love to see him back in the Prem. Such a wonderful winger to watch with the ball.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 05 May 2022, 9:57 am

king_carlos wrote:Latest Nadolo rumours are that he'll be with Tigers through December then join the Waratahs for 2023.

Is Saumaki good enough to be his main replacement...or will Tigers be looking for another winger to come in?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Thu 05 May 2022, 1:25 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/61335059
Harlequins have signed second row Irne Herbst from Italian side Benetton for next season

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 05 May 2022, 3:29 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
king_carlos wrote:Latest Nadolo rumours are that he'll be with Tigers through December then join the Waratahs for 2023.

Is Saumaki good enough to be his main replacement...or will Tigers be looking for another winger to come in?

Sounds like we've signed Anthony Watson for next season so he'll be the new starting wing.

Saumaki is talented ball in hand but has big work ons. Basically no kicking game, not great under the high ball, low tackle completion and some struggles in positioning. All his club rugby until now has been in Japan where defenses aren't as strong.

Nadolo moving on in December feels like good timing to be honest. I adore Nadolo as a player and have for a long time. He does things almost no other players can with regularity which makes him so much fun to watch. He's also got weaknesses now from not being as quick as he once was and that is only going to get more obvious. He needs his game time managed a lot too - he's only played in the Premiership and not made a European appearance so far this season for instance. I'm delighted to have had him at Tigers but do feel we have just caught the end of Nadolo as a real force, might be freeing up that cap at a good time.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 05 May 2022, 3:37 pm

king_carlos wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

Sounds like we've signed Anthony Watson for next season so he'll be the new starting wing.

Saumaki is talented ball in hand but has big work ons. Basically no kicking game, not great under the high ball, low tackle completion and some struggles in positioning. All his club rugby until now has been in Japan where defenses aren't as strong.

Nadolo moving on in December feels like good timing to be honest. I adore Nadolo as a player and have for a long time. He does things almost no other players can with regularity which makes him so much fun to watch. He's also got weaknesses now from not being as quick as he once was and that is only going to get more obvious. He needs his game time managed a lot too - he's only played in the Premiership and not made a European appearance so far this season for instance. I'm delighted to have had him at Tigers but do feel we have just caught the end of Nadolo as a real force, might be freeing up that cap at a good time.

Agree on all that. I would say that Saumaki's finishing ability is ridiculous. For a pretty big bloke his agility and acceleration are very good. He's far more than a bulldozer but definitely needs to work on his basics. He's certainly getting better but another pre season is definitely required.

Nadolo has been great but recently his output has suffered. Keeping him until Christmas works for me, I'd have hoped for one final season but half a season will do.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 May 2022, 8:25 pm

I don't think Tigers can do any wrong at the minute, everything they do turns to gold. It's a good time to be a Tigers fan and is great for the league, we need a strong Leicester side (that was a tough write....).

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 05 May 2022, 10:49 pm

Be interesting to see if you can turn Saumaki from a potential rough diamond.  

Watson has his injury problem now...wonder if he can stay fit with the Tigers....

I still rate Harry Potter highly. Won't make the international sides..so he's a player who the tigers can rely on to play most games and is just a very good premiership winger....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 May 2022, 11:13 pm

Potter is a great Prem option....such a balanced runner. He's never going to make it at Int level but he's a great fit for Tigers.

Part of me wonders what they could do with Radwan.....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 05 May 2022, 11:42 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I don't think Tigers can do any wrong at the minute, everything they do turns to gold. It's a good time to be a Tigers fan and is great for the league, we need a strong Leicester side (that was a tough write....).

Laugh Laugh I had to double check who wrote that Sarge!

Prior Borthwick taking over the academy had already got back on track and was producing talent. Borthwick has done a very good job of putting a senior squad and systems in place that talent can grow into. Walters as S&C coach coming from the Boks was a masterstroke in retrospect. The improvements in fitness have been colossal, it allows the team to stay in games even when playing poorly and the belief from that shows. Sinfield has further improved an already excellent defence.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 05 May 2022, 11:52 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Be interesting to see if you can turn Saumaki from a potential rough diamond.  

Watson has his injury problem now...wonder if he can stay fit with the Tigers....

I still rate Harry Potter highly. Won't make the international sides..so he's a player who the tigers can rely on to play most games and is just a very good premiership winger....

Agreed on Saumaki. He is a phenomenal athlete even amongst modern rugby players. It's been an odd path to pro rugby. Played Sevens for Tonga at 20, disappeared and played uni rugby in Japan, got a pro contract at 25, is going to turn 30 next week but seems as eager and able to learn as most new academy grads! I really enjoy watching him play, hope he's at Tigers for a few years yet but there are pretty glaring weaknesses at the moment.

I thought Watson might not be the same after the first Achilles injury, then he was even better. Thought the same after the second Achilles injury, returned better again. It's obviously a big worry but I've given up second guessing Watson's ability to bounce back. A one year contract is low risk but potentially high reward at the end of the day.

Potter is a fantastic player, exactly the sort of winger you want. Rock solid in defence, very quick and a good finisher. A bit like O'Flaherty has been for Sale. He's a locked on starting winger for me.

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Part of me wonders what they could do with Radwan.....

Rumours were Tigers were one the clubs that spoke to Radwan during the England payment dispute.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 05 May 2022, 11:54 pm

king_carlos wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:I don't think Tigers can do any wrong at the minute, everything they do turns to gold. It's a good time to be a Tigers fan and is great for the league, we need a strong Leicester side (that was a tough write....).

Laugh Laugh I had to double check who wrote that Sarge!

Prior Borthwick taking over the academy had already got back on track and was producing talent. Borthwick has done a very good job of putting a senior squad and systems in place that talent can grow into. Walters as S&C coach coming from the Boks was a masterstroke in retrospect. The improvements in fitness have been colossal, it allows the team to stay in games even when playing poorly and the belief from that shows. Sinfield has further improved an already excellent defence.

Haha....I can imagine KC! I'm not actually anti-Tigers in any way, it's more the attitude of some of the fans from a previous time (not on here I might add). When Tigers are strong, it generally reflects on the league. I've always loved their exploits/cheating in Europe.....I'm really enjoying what Borthwick is doing and find you a good watch. Can't beat a big dirty pack that thrive in the basics.

I've changed my opinion on quite a few of your players, especially Genge who has been simply outstanding. Youngs......well....one step at a time.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 06 May 2022, 8:14 am

Great team. There's the shadow of the salary cap cheating hanging a little over the top 2 in the Prem though for me.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 06 May 2022, 9:29 am

I actually think the Grayson is a better fit into the Saints style of play than Biggar, not as solid or consistent, but when he is good he is very good, however when he is bad, oh dear.

He is too good to be a third choice though, so I can see why the move rumours might have a bit of truth.

Lawes is putting the pressure on as well, his contract is up after the RWC, wants to stay, but has to put financial security first sort of talk.

I have just seen a picture of his injured thumb, looks like a still from a Frankenstein movie 350 degrees of stiches around the base of the thumb and he played with that last Friday.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 06 May 2022, 9:59 am

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Lawes is putting the pressure on as well, his contract is up after the RWC, wants to stay, but has to put financial security first sort of talk.

I have just seen a picture of his injured thumb, looks like a still from a Frankenstein movie 350 degrees of stiches around the base of the thumb and he played with that last Friday.

And played bloody well, too. Much to my chagrin. Didn't have quite as much influence on the game as Mr Carley, mind.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 06 May 2022, 10:14 am

" Didn't have quite as much influence on the game as Mr Carley, mind."

Swings and roundabouts, still unsure about the scrum situation. Still it saved you from being pushed about all over the place Whistle

Not a thing I can remember having seen happen before and certainly not so soon into the game. The HIA is a bit open to interpretation I assume.

Going back into "the day" many years ago, long before replacements, I played at TH for 20 minutes as our TH had got himself injured. I had the build at 6'3" and 18 stone, but I was still solid around the neck a week later. I can see why it is for specialists only. I survived by pure brute strength.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 06 May 2022, 11:30 am

It was more the string of three penalties to Saints in the last two minutes, two dubious and one (which led to the winning kick) clearly wrong.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 06 May 2022, 11:39 am

Poorfour wrote:It was more the string of three penalties to Saints in the last two minutes, two dubious and one (which led to the winning kick) clearly wrong.

I suspect that goes with whatever colour tint you have in your glasses. I will admit the last one was dubious at best. But so were a number the other way earlier in the game, it was just the timing of that one that makes it stand out.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Fri 06 May 2022, 12:12 pm

Saints were good for all but those last 3 points, and Quins probably squandered their chance to go further ahead with Botta's YC.

But to go from the Saints tryline (with a penalty for holding on when the tackler was on the wrong side impeding the clearout) to being behind (for a penalty for no clear release on a player who wasn't involved in the tackle) to being denied the chance to recover the situation by another dubious call is not the way a game should end.

Water under the bridge now, anyway.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 06 May 2022, 1:10 pm

Looks like Nick Easter is off to Worcester...not sure in what capacity...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 06 May 2022, 2:32 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Looks like Nick Easter is off to Worcester...not sure in what capacity...

I thought it was announced as defence coach. After all the Falcons defence is water tight.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 06 May 2022, 2:41 pm

Hes not got the best track record...at Quins and now us.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 09 May 2022, 4:20 pm

Johnnie Beattie mentioned in a recent French rugby podcast that James Cronin to Tigers is done. Good signing if so. Not Genge's level but available all season, strong at set-piece and his ruck work should fit into Tigers defence heavy systems.

Out - Genge, Ford, Nadolo (mid-season), Brink, Kobus van Wyk, Socino, Taute
(At least one if not both of Leatigaga and Francois van Wyk likely too I reckon)

In - James Cronin, Handre Pollard, Anthony Watson, Olly Cracknell, Phil Cokanasiga, Jimmy Gopperth
(I'd guess at another LH, back row and wing that haven't yet been rumoured as well)

Overall I'm happy with Tigers rumoured recruitment though given the hammer blow of losing Genge and Ford. Pollard should suit Tigers game plan perfectly and Gopperth adds depth replacing Ford. Cokanasiga adds a carrying option at 12 we currently lack without Kelly. If we get him fit Watson is world class, on a one-year contract it's low risk.

After some of the genuinely diabolical recruitment a few years ago it's nice seeing round pegs in round holes.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 09 May 2022, 6:15 pm

Matt Garvey retiring.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 09 May 2022, 6:37 pm

king_carlos wrote:Johnnie Beattie mentioned in a recent French rugby podcast that James Cronin to Tigers is done. Good signing if so. Not Genge's level but available all season, strong at set-piece and his ruck work should fit into Tigers defence heavy systems.

Out - Genge, Ford, Nadolo (mid-season), Brink, Kobus van Wyk, Socino, Taute
(At least one if not both of Leatigaga and Francois van Wyk likely too I reckon)

In - James Cronin, Handre Pollard, Anthony Watson, Olly Cracknell, Phil Cokanasiga, Jimmy Gopperth
(I'd guess at another LH, back row and wing that haven't yet been rumoured as well)

Overall I'm happy with Tigers rumoured recruitment though given the hammer blow of losing Genge and Ford. Pollard should suit Tigers game plan perfectly and Gopperth adds depth replacing Ford. Cokanasiga adds a carrying option at 12 we currently lack without Kelly. If we get him fit Watson is world class, on a one-year contract it's low risk.

After some of the genuinely diabolical recruitment a few years ago it's nice seeing round pegs in round holes.

I think we'll only sign a backrow on top of Cracknell is there's a problem with MVS longer term. With Wells and Chessum able to cover 6 plus then;

6. Liebenburg, Martin, Agbongbon
7. MVS, Reffell, Ilione
8. Weise Cracknell, Jansen

That covers us pretty well. If there's a problem with MVS we might keep Robinson on as he might be cheap.

I agree re prop though I think likely another tighthead if Leatigaga is off. As you'd expect us to need 8 with Richardson able to cover tight in an emergency;

LH - Cronin, Whitcombe, van Wyk, Richardson
TH - Cole, Heyes, ?, Hurd

If Leatigaga stays and van Wyk goes then no change as Leatigaga is better in the loosehead side.

I can see us taking a punt on a winger from the Championship as well. Possibly a former age grade lad who's not had much luck (Worley?), The return of Williams or maybe a notable try scorer like Adamson. We aren't flushed with wingers anyway and Browning hasn't kicked on with only centres coming through the academy and at least two wingers off (van Wyk gone and Nadolo off mid season). An extra body might be useful, especially a cheap gamble.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Mon 09 May 2022, 7:49 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Matt Garvey retiring.

Cracking Premiership player at his best. He's been a long way from that recently, the move to lock due to him slowing down hasn't been the best success if we're realistic. As a blindside at his peak he was a fantastic player though.

One of those retirements that makes me feel old. Seems like only yesterday he was an exciting burly blindside in his early to mid-twenties that 606ers were swooning over whilst the England pack lacked physicality.

king_carlos

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 May 2022, 6:59 am

king_carlos wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Matt Garvey retiring.

Cracking Premiership player at his best. He's been a long way from that recently, the move to lock due to him slowing down hasn't been the best success if we're realistic. As a blindside at his peak he was a fantastic player though.

One of those retirements that makes me feel old. Seems like only yesterday he was an exciting burly blindside in his early to mid-twenties that 606ers were swooning over whilst the England pack lacked physicality.
Yeah. I am getting old, and it's not made better by this and pictures of Dan Cole with hair on his birthday yesterday.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 12 May 2022, 2:47 pm

Ashton is extending his stay then with Leicester. Probably one of the longest stints in his career.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 May 2022, 3:27 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Ashton is extending his stay then with Leicester. Probably one of the longest stints in his career.

Currently the shortest so far I think. 9 games and 7 tries suggest that Borthwick knows how to get him to perform though.

Wigglesworth, Murimurivalu, Simmons and Jansen from the senior squad extend whilst development players Ilione, Browning, Manz, Edwards, Cusick and Vanes have also penned new deals.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 May 2022, 4:06 pm

Phil Cockanasiga and James Cronin also confirmed as incoming at Tigers. Cracknell and Gopperth also expected.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Margin_Walker Thu 12 May 2022, 4:15 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Phil Cockanasiga and James Cronin also confirmed as incoming at Tigers. Cracknell and Gopperth also expected.

Cokanasiga will be an interesting one. Every chance he'll turn into a very good player in that Tigers setup and we'll regret it letting him go. He's a good athlete with a bit of pace and a good step. At the same if there was external interest I don't think he's done enough to get into a bidding war for him. Especially given the reduced salary cap constraints.

Clearly something there and he's scored some decent tries in ND1/Prem Cup (ironically the best game I've seen him play was that Prem Cup game against you), but his Prem appearances to date have been a bit hesitant. Given he's been largely off on loan this season, it's clear that he wasn't yet front and centre in Kidney's plans.

Good luck to him though

Cracknell will fit right into that Leicester squad. Nothing fancy, very physical, can carry in the tight and hits like a truck.

Margin_Walker

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 May 2022, 4:33 pm

Margin_Walker wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Phil Cockanasiga and James Cronin also confirmed as incoming at Tigers. Cracknell and Gopperth also expected.

Cokanasiga will be an interesting one. Every chance he'll turn into a very good player in that Tigers setup and we'll regret it letting him go. He's a good athlete with a bit of pace and a good step. At the same if there was external interest I don't think he's done enough to get into a bidding war for him. Especially given the reduced salary cap constraints.

Clearly something there and he's scored some decent tries in ND1/Prem Cup (ironically the best game I've seen him play was that Prem Cup game against you), but his Prem appearances to date have been a bit hesitant. Given he's been largely off on loan this season, it's clear that he wasn't yet front and centre in Kidney's plans.

Good luck to him though

Cracknell will fit right into that Leicester squad. Nothing fancy, very physical, can carry in the tight and hits like a truck.

They are both going to be squad players originally. Cracknell will be good because when injuries and call ups have hit we've left a bit light and he'll be significantly cheaper than Brink who's already headed back to SA. He should get chances at 6 and 8 next season.

Was interesting on the Cockanasiga announcement the club referred to him as a versatile option capable of playing 12, 13 and wing so he might get a slight change in position. Tigers are a bit short of 12 options when Kelly is unavailable though so primarily he'll be back up there along with old man Gopperth.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 12 May 2022, 4:37 pm

Falcons sign Doncaster lock Josh Peters....we must be losing some locks

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 May 2022, 5:14 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Falcons sign Doncaster lock Josh Peters....we must be losing some locks

According to Wikipedia he's a big lad. Robinson and Peterson has been near constants for you all season, maybe just a bit of squad depth?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 May 2022, 6:07 pm

Anthony Watson also confirmed at Tigers.

So that's all the rumoured players in confirmed.

Leavers and replacements;

Genge - Cronin
Brink - Cracknell
Ford - Pollard
Socino - Gopperth
Taute - P Cockanasiga
van Wyk - Watson

Three definite improvements, one unsure and two solid options that are a bit of a step down but economically more efficient. Plus I don't know where a like for like replacement for Genge could be sourced from.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next