The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
BlueCoverman
incontinentia
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
pedro
Galted
I'm never wrong
Soul Requiem
JAS
Shotrock
McLaren
Pal Joey
super_realist
George1507
dynamark
TM2K
beninho
22 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

It does seem that this cat video is pretty old. But, also oeople seem more upset about it then say, Chelsea having a player who killed someone when he was drink driving.

We are a nation of animal lovers, my mum was all in on Romanian rescue dogs, not so keen on Romanian people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:15 pm

Last time I went to Glasgow I abandoned the day out half way through. Went to a restaurant for lunch that was much lauded by the locals that turned out to be pretty uninspiring, found the streets pretty drab and it started to rain. My wife had planned to spend the day there, have a look around, do a museum, go out for dinner, catch a show, whatever. I just got on the train home as soon as the train station came into sight. There is just a really depressing vibe about the place.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:07 pm

Ouch, that’ll be a struggle. Somewhere between 2 & 6 points I fear

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:15 pm

McLaren wrote:Last time I went to Glasgow I abandoned the day out half way through. Went to a restaurant for lunch that was much lauded by the locals that turned out to be pretty uninspiring, found the streets pretty drab and it started to rain. My wife had planned to spend the day there, have a look around, do a museum, go out for dinner, catch a show, whatever. I just got on the train home as soon as the train station came into sight. There is just a really depressing vibe about the place.

It's a truly ugly city. Yes, there are a few nice bits around Kelvingrove, West End, but it's surrounded by satellites of utterly ghastly ghettos. I also don't find the famous Glaswegian friendliness to be a true thing, more like passive aggressive with one of the UK's worst accents, and yes, the weather is complete gash.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:35 pm

Rangers vs Liverpool… super can’t wait..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:43 pm

Rangers-Liverpool...two horrible fanbases that are welcome to each other.

Celtic may have a chance of scraping 3rd in a battle with Donetsk. Rangers will need a miracle to make 3rd.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:38 am

pedro wrote:Rangers vs Liverpool… super can’t wait..

I actually don't mind Liverpool now, all the scum players have gone and when they aren't talking about Hillsborough I actually quite like them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:40 am

Bills up to 3550 today on average. Why don't they reduce this ny 25% by getting rid of VAT and the stupid green levy?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:02 am

super_realist wrote:
pedro wrote:Rangers vs Liverpool… super can’t wait..

I actually don't mind Liverpool now, all the scum players have gone and when they aren't talking about Hillsborough I actually quite like them.

Heysel still happened though.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:03 am

super_realist wrote:Bills up to 3550 today on average. Why don't they reduce this ny 25% by getting rid of VAT and the stupid green levy?

Another sign that privatisation is working a treat.
“Competition in the energy industry will mean cheaper bills for everyone, hurrah!!!” Oh wait

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:13 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:Bills up to 3550 today on average. Why don't they reduce this ny 25% by getting rid of VAT and the stupid green levy?

“Competition in the energy industry will mean cheaper bills for everyone, hurrah!!!” Oh wait
Nothing to do with privatisation Jas. Gas prices cannot be determined by individual countries. Energy prices are dictated by global market.

Government is to blame for awful decisions on energy policy like getting rid of storage and obsession with net zero

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:24 am

I saw something that showed that our prices have gone up over 200% while major European countries haven't. I saw Italy at 70% and others below that. Any idea what the reasons are?

It's mad that the next PM hasn't announced any real policy on this. I know she is only caring about the votes of a small minority of people at present. But surely she is aware that all of her no handouts or tax cuts she mentioned will mean nothing when she starts and has to deal with a cost of living crisis for millions.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:51 am

Well it's very obvious why France haven't.
Awful lockdown policies, quantitive easing, excessively long furlough and enforced working from home have fuelled the inflation element in the UK.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:51 am

You been busy with all those "genuine" Albanian "asylum seekers" Ben?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:55 am

super_realist wrote:You been busy with all those "genuine" Albanian "asylum seekers" Ben?

I dont think I've dealt with any Albanians. Still lots of Afghani Ukranians though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:56 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:You been busy with all those "genuine" Albanian "asylum seekers" Ben?

I dont think I've dealt with any Albanians. Still lots of Afghani Ukranians though.

What do you think of the discovery that 40% of channel crossings are Albanian. What do you think should happen to them?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:58 am

super_realist wrote:Well it's very obvious why France haven't.
Awful lockdown policies, quantitive easing, excessively long furlough and enforced working from home have fuelled the inflation element in the UK.

What have France done. I'm not really up on it.

Lockdown though? How's that impacted tge increases? Or furlough and WFH?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:02 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

What do you think of the discovery that 40% of channel crossings are Albanian. What do you think should happen to them?

Can't say I've seen anything on it until you mention it. Refuse them asylum and deport them would be the sensible choice.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:03 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

Can't say I've seen anything on it until you mention it. Refuse them asylum and deport them would be the sensible choice.

Good man. Surprised you haven't heard about that though.

Would seem sensible to me that a number of border control officers are employed to destroy boats in France to stop these crossings and set up an asylum processing centre on the French side.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:06 am

beninho wrote:

France is 90% Nuclear and this not subject to gas prices changes hence why their bills are largely unaffected.

The UK had considered Nuclear 10 years ago but bemoaned it as "not coming online until 2022" .

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:08 am

beninho wrote:

You really can't see how furlough and lockdown has led to inflation and other economic harm? Are you actually serious?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:12 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

Would seem sensible to me that a number of border control officers are employed to destroy boats in France to stop these crossings and set up an asylum processing centre on the French side.

Couldn't we just send some covert hit squads to take a few dozen Albanians out?  The message would soon spread.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:15 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

That's my stance with anyone making asylum, if we don't think they meet the requirements then refuse and deport them. I do think that we should process asylum claims from elsewhere, but that would probably lead to more claims then people on boats. So the policy of only claiming asylum in the UK will remain.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:22 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

You really can't see how furlough and lockdown has led to inflation and other economic harm? Are you actually serious?

I'm not an economist so I've not really looked into it. Though didn't furlough end a year ago, same with lockdown I think. Maybe they did, but both were necessary at the time. And im unsure if furlough and lockdown has put up energy prices, I could quite easily be wrong.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:23 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

That's my stance with anyone making asylum, if we don't think they meet the requirements then refuse and deport them. I do think that we should process asylum claims from elsewhere, but that would probably lead to more claims then people on boats. So the policy of only claiming asylum in the UK will remain.

At least I'm happy you're not one of those "open borders, global citizen" wonks

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:25 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

I'm not an economist so I've not really looked into it. Though didn't furlough end a year ago, same with lockdown I think. Maybe they did, but both were necessary at the time. And im unsure if furlough and lockdown has put up energy prices, I could quite easily be wrong.

Lockdown and furlough went on far too long. Pumping loads of printed money into an economy with low or non existent growth inevitably leads to inflation.
I didn't day furlough had put up energy prices(though inflation is 10.1% so it's put up the cost of everything), I said it was a contributor to poor global economies.

If you stick an economy on hold for two years as we have done, tjen we get what is happening now. Add in Ukraine and there you have it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:33 am

https://twitter.com/TorstenBell/status/1562787390452035586?t=BsczZdWvCdTnZmaial4j-Q&s=19

This is an interesting thread

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:36 am

beninho wrote:https://twitter.com/TorstenBell/status/1562787390452035586?t=BsczZdWvCdTnZmaial4j-Q&s=19

This is an interesting thread

It's Andy Townsend stuff.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:02 am

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

Nothing to do with privatisation Jas. Gas prices cannot be determined by individual countries. Energy prices are dictated by global market.

Government is to blame for awful decisions on energy policy like getting rid of storage and obsession with net zero

Well it kind of is, as well as being sold the lie that it would cheaper prices we were also sold the lie that it would mean more investment. No doubt apologists will quote silly numbers about what has been invested by at the end of the day is our overall infrastructure aligned to be able to supply to consumers at a reasonable price? NO

Water is another example, privatisation will mean investment in the infrastructure. Ok so why 30 odd years down the line do we have more untreated sewerage going into the sea.

It might have made Sid a few quid in shares in the 80s but world events have now conspired to expose privatisation of some parts of the economy as the ideological morally bankrupt lunacy that it is. The sky is now dark under the shadow of the wings of the chickens coming home to roost and ironically we’re just about to jettison one morally bankrupt loony and replace with another one who’s slightly more credible but will quickly lose any shred of credibility by telling us we need even more of what’s not working. Brilliant

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:10 am

It's nothing to do with privatisation. It's everything to do with not investing in nuclear, closing down coal plants, and trying to rely on stupid renewable energy such as wind.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:55 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

Well it kind of is, as well as being sold the lie that it would cheaper prices we were also sold the lie that it would mean more investment. No doubt apologists will quote silly numbers about what has been invested by at the end of the day is our overall infrastructure aligned to be able to supply to consumers at a reasonable price? NO

Water is another example, privatisation will mean investment in the infrastructure. Ok so why 30 odd years down the line do we have more untreated sewerage going into the sea.

It might have made Sid a few quid in shares in the 80s but world events have now conspired to expose privatisation of some parts of the economy as the ideological morally bankrupt lunacy that it is. The sky is now dark under the shadow of the wings of the chickens coming home to roost and ironically we’re just about to jettison one morally bankrupt loony and replace with another one who’s slightly more credible but will quickly lose any shred of credibility by telling us we need even more of what’s not working. Brilliant

Public ownership NEVER invests. Oil majors are spending billions in investment in UK and also in renewables, this would never have happened with state oil companies in this country.
It isn't oil companies which have raised the cap. It is OFGEM.

Government policy on energy, across all parties has been absolutely shambolic over the last 30 years and now the North Sea is an over mature basin that results in most discoveries being sub economic, partly due to the oil industry being the most heavily taxed industry in the UK as a percentage.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:02 am

Whatever the reasons sonething drastic needs to be done. Reports of 5k average bills next year are horrific for many. People won't be able to pay that.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:09 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:

Couldn't we just send some covert hit squads to take a few dozen Albanians out?  The message would soon spread.

We could but the powers-that-be still won't legalise firearms.  It's political correctness gone mad.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:32 am

beninho wrote:Whatever the reasons sonething drastic needs to be done. Reports of 5k average bills next year are horrific for many. People won't be able to pay that.  

Way too high, but a bit like personal health a bit more responsibility on a personal level also helps.

Energy has been very affordable and people heat too much when simply putting on additional clothes would work as well.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:33 am

Duty281 wrote:It's nothing to do with privatisation. It's everything to do with not investing in nuclear, closing down coal plants, and trying to rely on stupid renewable energy such as wind.
But that IS exactly the point, privatised companies wouldn’t invest in nuclear, they operate in the (short term) interest of their shareholders not in the short, medium and long term interests of consumers or the country at large. Am I missing something or is everyone so conditioned to private good/public bad ethos that you can’t see that it’s not always that simple and that binary??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:44 am

JAS wrote:
Duty281 wrote:It's nothing to do with privatisation. It's everything to do with not investing in nuclear, closing down coal plants, and trying to rely on stupid renewable energy such as wind.
But that IS exactly the point, privatised companies wouldn’t invest in nuclear, they operate in the (short term) interest of their shareholders not in the short, medium and long term interests of consumers or the country at large. Am I missing something or is everyone so conditioned to private good/public bad ethos that you can’t see that it’s not always that simple and that binary??

Yes they would . EDF were lined up to build new Nuclear power stations, tjen it was canned.

How many large, efficient, innovative and continually investing publicly owned companies can you name in the UK? None.
Public ownership is terrible in the UK. We have never had decent publicly owned industries.
It could work elsewhere, but it doesn't work in the UK.

Nobody is suggesting that privately owned companies are always good, bit i cannot think of an instance when publicly owned industries are better, can you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:52 am

JAS wrote:

It's up to government, however, to negotiate these new nuclear power stations and award contracts and such. A private company can't suddenly decide to build a nuclear power station of its own volition. And government has dragged its heels on these matters because the current Tories favour renewables such as wind - Johnson said the UK can be the Saudi Arabia of wind power.

Nationalised entities are almost invariably bad. See the NHS and the 1970s.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:59 am

Duty281 wrote:
JAS wrote:

It's up to government, however, to negotiate these new nuclear power stations and award contracts and such. A private company can't suddenly decide to build a nuclear power station of its own volition. And government has dragged its heels on these matters because the current Tories favour renewables such as wind - Johnson said the UK can be the Saudi Arabia of wind power.

Nationalised entities are almost invariably bad. See the NHS and the 1970s.

Also, Private companies are investing long term contrary to what JAS says. Ørsted, Vattenfall, Equinor, SSE, Shell, BP have all put billions into UK wind fields. These aren't short term measures. These are permanent fields.

The government could return billions that it has made in VAT that it has made off high petrol and diesel prices that it hadn't budgeted for and if it put a hiatus on its ridiculous obsession with net zero could easily make bills affordable.

super_realist

pedro and Duty281 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:07 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Whatever the reasons sonething drastic needs to be done. Reports of 5k average bills next year are horrific for many. People won't be able to pay that.  

Way too high, but a bit like personal health a bit more responsibility on a personal level also helps.

Energy has been very affordable and people heat too much when simply putting on additional clothes would work as well.

Also most houses have ununsed furniture they can burn.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:39 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Also most houses have ununsed furniture they can burn.

What a shame.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:45 pm

Let the migrants in and then burn them.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:47 pm

superflyweight wrote:Let the migrants in and then burn them.  

Fatter the better - they burn longer.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:53 pm

It will be funny to see how many people rush back to the office this winter instead of lounging around watching Loose Women or Homes Under the Hammer at home pretending to work.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:56 pm

super_realist wrote:It will be funny to see how many people rush back to the office this winter instead of lounging around watching Loose Women or Homes Under the Hammer at home pretending to work.

I don't watch either of those. I just lounge around posting on here. And still get paid the same amount. Makes me proud to be British.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:33 pm

super_realist wrote:It will be funny to see how many people rush back to the office this winter instead of lounging around watching Loose Women or Homes Under the Hammer at home pretending to work.

Close to 28,000 posts suggests that you're not giving your job your full attention.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:47 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Close to 28,000 posts suggests that you're not giving your job your full attention.  

That doesn't compute, what job?

Soul Requiem

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:14 am

superflyweight wrote:

I very rarely post during work hours.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:30 am

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

You need to get a life outside work.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:30 pm

super_realist wrote:

Brilliant.

It's hard to work out if you're the greatest WUM on the net or you actually believe the b*llocks that you type.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:35 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Brilliant.

It's hard to work out if you're the greatest WUM on the net or you actually believe the b*llocks that you type.

What Love sacks have I typed? By Love sacks you mean different opinions?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:59 am

super_realist wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Brilliant.

What Love sacks have I typed? By Love sacks you mean different opinions?

Don't be so sensitive, princess. It wasn't that deep.

I'm talking your "rarely post during work hours" b*llocks. Who are you trying to kid, flower.

As for your opinions, you've become a caricature of yourself these days. Opinions are like assh*les. Everyone has one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next