The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
BlueCoverman
incontinentia
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
pedro
Galted
I'm never wrong
Soul Requiem
JAS
Shotrock
McLaren
Pal Joey
super_realist
George1507
dynamark
TM2K
beninho
22 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 13 Feb 2022, 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

It does seem that this cat video is pretty old. But, also oeople seem more upset about it then say, Chelsea having a player who killed someone when he was drink driving.

We are a nation of animal lovers, my mum was all in on Romanian rescue dogs, not so keen on Romanian people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 28 Aug 2022, 10:44 am

No one takes super_realist seriously do they?

No one should really take anyone that seriously on here. Apart from my birdie on the 17th at troon. It was a wonderful moment.

beninho

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Sun 28 Aug 2022, 12:29 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I very rarely post during work hours.

Brilliant.

It's hard to work out if you're the greatest WUM on the net or you actually believe the b*llocks that you type.

What Love sacks have I typed? By Love sacks you mean different opinions?

Don't be so sensitive, princess. It wasn't that deep.

I'm talking your "rarely post during work hours" b*llocks. Who are you trying to kid, flower.

As for your opinions, you've become a caricature of yourself these days. Opinions are like assh*les. Everyone has one.

I don't post often during work hours anymore, that's just a fact, in fact I often flounce off for extended periods and don't post at all.
Without opinions this board is dead, so he grateful that we have conflicting views otherwise it was be as dull as GPB's Andy Townsend type observations.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 29 Aug 2022, 11:26 am

I would be interested to know what political opinions grew up with. It is relatively odd for a Scottish person to be a Tory.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 29 Aug 2022, 4:12 pm

Never saw s_r as a Tory. More Lib Dem.

Not surprising for a Scottish person to be odd though…

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 30 Aug 2022, 7:26 am

McLaren wrote:I would be interested to know what political opinions grew up with. It is relatively odd for a Scottish person to be a Tory.

I don't identify as Scotch Mac.

Why would it be odd;for a Scottish person to be a Tory? Are you one of those wonks who still goes back to Poll Tax and Thatcher? That is basically why all those working class and under educated Scotch people hate the Tories, even if they didn't live through it .

I take my political views from all sides as most rational people would. These "never be friends with a Tory" type morons are actually part of the politically illiterate.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 30 Aug 2022, 9:45 am

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:I would be interested to know what political opinions grew up with. It is relatively odd for a Scottish person to be a Tory.

Why would it be odd;for a  Scottish person to be a Tory? Are you one of those wonks who still goes back to Poll Tax and Thatcher? That is basically why all those working class and under educated Scotch people hate the Tories, even if they didn't live through it .

I take my political views from all sides as most rational people would. These "never be friends with a Tory" type morons are actually part of the politically illiterate.

That’s an insult to educated Scottish people who also hate the Tories. I grew up in an Ayrshire mining town  so I basically grew up watching ideological vandalism tearing apart a whole social fabric on a grand scale. That’s not being thick or uneducated that was observable fact. On the one hand I despise them, on the other hand I recognise it fuelled the ambition to get out and not end up caught in the same trap.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 30 Aug 2022, 10:00 am

Duty281 wrote:
JAS wrote:
Duty281 wrote:It's nothing to do with privatisation. It's everything to do with not investing in nuclear, closing down coal plants, and trying to rely on stupid renewable energy such as wind.
But that IS exactly the point, privatised companies wouldn’t invest in nuclear, they operate in the (short term) interest of their shareholders not in the short, medium and long term interests of consumers or the country at large. Am I missing something or is everyone so conditioned to private good/public bad ethos that you can’t see that it’s not always that simple and that binary??

It's up to government, however, to negotiate these new nuclear power stations and award contracts and such. A private company can't suddenly decide to build a nuclear power station of its own volition. And government has dragged its heels on these matters because the current Tories favour renewables such as wind - Johnson said the UK can be the Saudi Arabia of wind power.

Nationalised entities are almost invariably bad. See the NHS and the 1970s.

So the biggest issue in the 1970s was nationalised industry??

Here’s a thing to ponder. The start of the 70s saw an oil crisis when the Arab states in OPEC thought they could hold the world to ransome. The net end result was an inflationary spiral.

Here we are are in the 20s and an oil and gas crisis (amongst other things) has kicked off an inflationary spiral. Oddly the blame for the 1970s fell on the Labour movement/government, this time round however it’s world events out of the control of government. Now that’s how to manage the narrative, which seemingly only a minority can see it for the Love sacks that it is.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 30 Aug 2022, 10:29 am

super_realist wrote:under educated Scotch people

Like those that went to non Russell group universities?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 30 Aug 2022, 10:38 am

super_realist wrote:

I find this a bit odd. I am not particularly patriotic, don't support nationalism, have no interest in the national sports teams, had some English grandparents and other family members, have lived abroad and so on. But it is hard to not to think of myself as Scottish, if nothing else from a practical perspective given I grew up there.

I certainly don't think you have adopt anything close to flag waving nationalism to identify as Scottish. It is just the natural flow of things if you grow up in Scotland to think of yourself as Scottish or British, depending on the situation.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 11:32 am

JAS wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
JAS wrote:
Duty281 wrote:It's nothing to do with privatisation. It's everything to do with not investing in nuclear, closing down coal plants, and trying to rely on stupid renewable energy such as wind.
But that IS exactly the point, privatised companies wouldn’t invest in nuclear, they operate in the (short term) interest of their shareholders not in the short, medium and long term interests of consumers or the country at large. Am I missing something or is everyone so conditioned to private good/public bad ethos that you can’t see that it’s not always that simple and that binary??

It's up to government, however, to negotiate these new nuclear power stations and award contracts and such. A private company can't suddenly decide to build a nuclear power station of its own volition. And government has dragged its heels on these matters because the current Tories favour renewables such as wind - Johnson said the UK can be the Saudi Arabia of wind power.

Nationalised entities are almost invariably bad. See the NHS and the 1970s.

So the biggest issue in the 1970s was nationalised industry??

Here’s a thing to ponder. The start of the 70s saw an oil crisis when the Arab states in OPEC thought they could hold the world to ransome. The net end result was an inflationary spiral.

Here we are are in the 20s and an oil and gas crisis (amongst other things) has kicked off an inflationary spiral. Oddly the blame for the 1970s fell on the Labour movement/government, this time round however it’s world events out of the control of government. Now that’s how to manage the narrative, which seemingly only a minority can see it for the Love sacks that it is.

I think the present Tories are getting plenty of blame for the situation, hence why their poll numbers have slumped dramatically.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 31 Aug 2022, 12:12 am

Inflation (core inflation that is) was on its way long before Ukraine. (And it’s not confined to the UK.) -> Low interest rates for years, quantitative easing, a booming stock market and low structural unemployment - all followed by corona stimulus packages. There you go.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 31 Aug 2022, 10:59 am

I had to take a lot of stick last year when I highlighted how ridiculous Raducanu's stress attack (or whatever it was) at Wimbledon was and that even after the US open she was a flash in the pan.

Can we all now agree she is pretty useless?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 12:05 pm

So useless she managed to win a Grand Slam. Rolling Eyes

Don't really get much of the criticism and vitriol Raducanu receives. She won a Grand Slam without dropping a set, fantastic achievement, yes it was a bit of a shock but these things happen in women's tennis and sport in general. Since then she's struggled with the increased media spotlight and a wave of injuries, leading to a bunch of nobodies on the Internet eagerly taking pot shots at her. I can understand such an attitude towards a person such as Kyrgios, because he willingly plays the villain card, but Raducanu seems a very normal, decent, grounded person who doesn't deserve all this shameless crowing and opprobrium.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

superflyweight and BlueCoverman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 31 Aug 2022, 12:16 pm

Not got anything against her. Just enjoying that I told you so feeling.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 12:24 pm

You have no idea if you're correct yet. She's only 19 and can win future tournaments.

Duty281

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 31 Aug 2022, 12:58 pm

Mac you've made me like two of Duty's posts. A third strike and I'm reporting you to the mods.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

pedro and incontinentia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 31 Aug 2022, 1:21 pm

Can someone explain why the only person duty has even shown any humanity towards is Raducanu?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 1:32 pm

This is as incorrect as your gloating over Raducanu's loss.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:17 pm

McLaren wrote:I had to take a lot of stick last year when I highlighted how ridiculous Raducanu's stress attack (or whatever it was) at Wimbledon was and that even after the US open she was a flash in the pan.

Can we all now agree she is pretty useless?

No

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 31 Aug 2022, 5:57 pm

McLaren wrote:Not got anything against her. Just enjoying that I told you so feeling.

I don't necessarily agree with you, but it could be a potential risk in her career. Women's Tennis, for whatever reason is brimful of very short careers and flash in the pan players.

She could be another Kournikova in that she might be more marketable than she is talented.

I'm also not sure she has the will to consistently fight based on what she says, like Heather Watson seems a bit timid .

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 31 Aug 2022, 8:14 pm

super_realist wrote: she might be more marketable than she is talented.

What do you mean by that?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Sep 2022, 7:24 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote: she might be more marketable than she is talented.

What do you mean by that?

Take off the woke hat Mac.
She's marketable because she is clearly very good looking. Do you really think she'd get as much attention if she looked like Lindsey Davenport?

Sports stars, actors, musicians etc like it or not get endorsements on the basis of how they look and Raducanu in addition to her sporting achievement will be a target for non tennis related marketing opportunities because she is good looking. You can't seriously think that she wouldn't be targeted for this? Apparently she raked in 10 million last year, but only won one tournament. Where do you think that money came from?
She's sponsored by Tiffany, Porsche and British Airways, firms with no connection to tennis. I wonder why that would be?

You don't see a fat tøsser like James Corden advertising after shave do you? It's given to good looking people.

Do you think Kournikova became a multi Millionaire on the back of her mediocre tennis?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 Sep 2022, 7:51 am

super_realist wrote: Do you really think she'd get as much attention if she looked like Lindsey Davenport?

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

pedro and BlueCoverman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 01 Sep 2022, 7:56 am

Lizz Truss is awful, she has been awful all the way through this horrendous leadership contest and she will be an awful prime minister. Rishi would be my choice of the 2, but he is going to be smashed in the final result.

I know she is playing to a minority at tge moment, but she will have to back track on almost everything she has said.

Though I reckon the tories should call an election to lose, who wants to run a government at the current time. Things aren't going to get better.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Sep 2022, 7:59 am

beninho wrote:Lizz Truss is awful, she has been awful all the way through this horrendous leadership contest and she will be an awful prime minister.  Rishi would be my choice of the 2, but he is going to be smashed in the final result.

I know she is playing to a minority at tge moment, but she will have to back track on almost everything she has said.

Though I reckon the tories should call an election to lose, who wants to run a government at the current time. Things aren't going to get better.

You're right, who'd want to be a PM right now, although at least Truss is suggesting a pause on the net zero cult for a couple of years.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 01 Sep 2022, 8:08 am

And Raducanu. Maybe she doesn't win another major. Still achieved more then the vast majority of female tennis players. History shows its difficult to win one let alone 2 or more. And fair play to her for cashing in. It woukd be stupid not to, especially in a sport which is seemingly young person dominated with time at the top being shortened.

It's like people criticising footballers for moving and earning more money.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Sep 2022, 8:51 am

beninho wrote:And Raducanu. Maybe she doesn't win another major. Still achieved more then the vast majority of female tennis players. History shows its difficult to win one let alone 2 or more. And fair play to her for cashing in. It woukd be stupid not to, especially in a sport which is seemingly young person dominated with time at the top being shortened.

I'm more critical of players who don't move for money.
Let's say for example you play for Rangers or Celtic. You're at a feeder club to Southampton. Why would anyone rather play for tinpot trophies when they could earn 4x as much, play at better stadiums and against world class players in England.
Yeah, you might not win any trophies, but is there any satisfaction winning something as empty as an SPL?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 01 Sep 2022, 9:28 am

beninho wrote:
Or golfers?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Sep 2022, 11:23 am

super_realist wrote:
She's marketable because she is clearly very good looking.

Finally Super admits to liking something. A shame it's a 16 year old.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Sep 2022, 11:42 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:
She's marketable because she is clearly very good looking.

Finally Super admits to liking something. A shame it's a 16 year old.

Says the man who had a hard on over Hermione Grainger.

Did you really not understand why Raducanu might earn more from marketing than tennis?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Sep 2022, 12:04 pm

Super she is a fictional character. Raducanu isn't.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Sep 2022, 12:48 pm

McLaren wrote:Super she is a fictional character. Raducanu isn't.

Nor is she 16.
It's pretty obvious she's attractive and that this makes her a marketers dream. Sorry you can't grasp this.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Sep 2022, 12:57 pm

A marketers dream because middle aged men like you leer over teenagers. Nice.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 01 Sep 2022, 1:47 pm

Super

Given the recent revelations are you willing to change your thoughts on Shamima Begum? And she also turned out to be quite marketable if that helps you.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Sep 2022, 1:49 pm

McLaren wrote:A marketers dream because middle aged men like you leer over teenagers. Nice.

Hardly Mac, I wasnt leering. Do you want me to pretend she's not attractive because I'm middle aged?

Have you never noticed how many sports people who are good looking get endorsements their talent may not deserve?
Can you imagine for example if Dina Asher Smith looked like Laura Muir ( who looks like a thumb) instead? You think she'd be endorsed so much?

Despite your woke agenda, looks sell. Sorry you can't accept that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Sep 2022, 1:50 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

Given the recent revelations are you willing to change your thoughts on Shamima Begum? And she also turned out to be quite marketable if that helps you.

Islamic terrorists aren't a marketable commodity and she has no talent whatsoever.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 01 Sep 2022, 2:05 pm

McLaren wrote:A marketers dream because middle aged men like you leer over teenagers. Nice.
Reeks of male privilege, doesnt it?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 01 Sep 2022, 2:37 pm

As opposed to being a middle aged man who feels the need to rubbish said teenagers ability and achievements.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 01 Sep 2022, 2:40 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

Islamic terrorists aren't a marketable commodity and she has no talent whatsoever.

They are if you're trying to sell the latest snazzy explosive vest.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 01 Sep 2022, 6:25 pm

What idiot thinks an important thing for the country is getting rid of speed limits. Or that having differing speed limits on motorways are unsafe.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 01 Sep 2022, 6:26 pm

beninho wrote:What idiot thinks an important thing for the country is getting rid of speed limits. Or that having differing speed limits on motorways are unsafe.

Christ, twice in one day. A really stupid idea. Doesn't she realise the number one issue is cost of living?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 02 Sep 2022, 7:59 am

It's strange how America is so far ahead of the UK on weed legalisation. I've read somewhere its still pushed by the media that weed is bad. Don't see why a government can't push it a bit. Means when my mum was alive she wouldn't have needed to try and order oil from Holland for her cancer pain.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 02 Sep 2022, 8:07 am

beninho wrote:It's strange how America is so far ahead of the UK on weed legalisation. I've read somewhere its still pushed by the media that weed is bad. Don't see why a government can't push it a bit. Means when my mum was alive she wouldn't have needed to try and order oil from Holland for her cancer pain.

Depends why you want it legalised. I'm fine for medical grounds but don't see why it should be legalised just so dope headed losers can have a smoke

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 02 Sep 2022, 8:21 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:It's strange how America is so far ahead of the UK on weed legalisation. I've read somewhere its still pushed by the media that weed is bad. Don't see why a government can't push it a bit. Means when my mum was alive she wouldn't have needed to try and order oil from Holland for her cancer pain.

Depends why you want it legalised. I'm fine for medical grounds but don't see why it should be legalised just so dope headed losers can have a smoke

Maybe that's why governments are scared to do the sensible thing. Even people in their 40s (assumption) have old fashioned views.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 02 Sep 2022, 8:25 am

Just saw a yougov poll from 2021 showing all age groups were pro legalisation even 65+. Just needs a government with balls.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 02 Sep 2022, 9:07 am

beninho wrote:Just saw a yougov poll from 2021 showing all age groups were pro legalisation even 65+. Just needs a government with balls.

I'm surprised you trust Yougov given Zahari owns it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 02 Sep 2022, 9:09 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Maybe that's why governments are scared to do the sensible thing. Even people in their 40s (assumption) have old fashioned views.

Like I said, depends why you want it legalised. There is a huge issue with stoned drivers and nothing ever seems to be done about it

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 02 Sep 2022, 9:14 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:What idiot thinks an important thing for the country is getting rid of speed limits. Or that having differing speed limits on motorways are unsafe.

Christ, twice in one day. A really stupid idea. Doesn't she realise the number one issue is cost of living?

Of course she does, don't you realise that raising the issue of speed limits is a desperate flailing attempt on her part to divert attention away from the real issue that will completely overshadow her premiership. It'll maybe work for a day or two but there are simply not enough diversionary stories like speed limits or the jury being out on France being a friend or foe to sustain her through the winter. It's going to be quite cringeworthy and strangely amusing to watch her backtrack on pretty much every empty promise she's made to her little out of touch electorate once she takes the reins of power. Give her a few months before she (a Johnson loyalist) starts throwing rocks and blame Johnson's way. Buckle up, the left are going to see more comedy than the entire Edinburgh festival, shame they're not really in the right place to fully capitalise on the shambles unfolding before our eyes.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 02 Sep 2022, 9:30 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Like I said, depends why you want it legalised. There is a huge issue with stoned drivers and nothing ever seems to be done about it

Should we go ban alcohol then? Oh no wait prohibition has been tried in the past, it led to criminal gangs fighting over the black market...at least that's something that would never happen in the drug world eh!!

We're damned if we do and damned if we don't really. I see alcohol as equally destructive as other drugs both from a health perspective and a social perspective. Trouble is too many people legally profit from alcohol to change any laws on it significantly, tobacco is in the same boat. If they were to try to legalise weed no doubt they'd screw it up and put massive taxes on it thereby keeping the black market alive. In general terms weed isn't the massive problem it's made out to be. What really needs to be smashed to pieces is the coke & heroin trade, many see weed as a gateway to those. I'm not sure I buy that argument BUT if that is the case then it does make some kind of sense to make weed widely legally available. Mainly to further isolate the dealers in the more sinister Poopie.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 02 Sep 2022, 10:07 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Of course she does, don't you realise that raising the issue of speed limits is a desperate flailing attempt on her part to divert attention away from the real issue that will completely overshadow her premiership. It'll maybe work for a day or two but there are simply not enough  diversionary stories like speed limits or the jury being out on France being a friend or foe to sustain her through the winter. It's going to be quite cringeworthy and strangely amusing to watch her backtrack on pretty much every empty promise she's made to her little out of touch electorate once she takes the reins of power. Give her a few months before she (a Johnson loyalist) starts throwing rocks and blame Johnson's way. Buckle up, the left are going to see more comedy than the entire Edinburgh festival, shame they're not really in the right place to fully capitalise on the shambles unfolding before our eyes.

Can't really see any party being able to address it properly to be fair.
Both parties would rather thousands die this winter than suspend the absurd net zero obsession

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next