The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

+8
Poorfour
mountain man
Mr Bounce
Cumbrian
Geordie
tigertattie
formerly known as Sam
doctor_grey
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.    Empty The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

Post by doctor_grey Fri 07 Jun 2024, 10:36 pm

"It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDIDawmeeI0

COYS

Northampton Saints v Bath Rugby 
Where: Twickenham Stadium
When:  Saturday 8th June 2024; 15:00 BST, 10:00 EDT
How do I watch: TNT 1/TNT Ultimate/Discovery +/ITV1/Fox Sports 2 (USA)
Referee: Christophe Ridley
Assistant Referees: Luke Pearce & Anthony Woodthorpe
TMO: Tom Foley

Northampton Saints Bath Rugby
George Furbank15Matt Gallagher
Tommy Freeman14Joe Cokanasiga
Burger Odendaal13Ollie Lawrence
Fraser Dingwall12Cameron Redpath
Ollie Sleightholme11Will Muir
Fin Smith10Finn Russell
Alex Mitchell9Ben Spencer

Alex Waller1Beno Obano
Curtis Langdon2Tom Dunn
Trevor Davison3Thomas du Toit
Alex Moon4Quinn Roux
Alex Coles5Charlie Ewels
Sir Courtney Lawes (c)6Ted Hill
Tom Pearson7Sam Underhill 
Juarno Augustus8Alfie Barbeary

Replacements:  
Sam Matavesi16Niall Annett
Emmanuel Iyogun17Juan Schoeman
Elliot Millar Mills18Will Stuart
Temo Mayanavanua19Elliott Stooke
Sam Graham20Josh Bayliss
Lewis Ludlam21Louis Schreuder
Tom James22Orlando Bailey
George Hendy23Miles Reid

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.    Empty Re: The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

Post by doctor_grey Fri 07 Jun 2024, 10:48 pm

I'm always impressed what a handsome team Saints are.  It's so easy to get lost in their skills, their physicality, their intelligence.  But they are a fine looking group wearing just a terrific ensemble.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.    Empty Re: The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

Post by doctor_grey Fri 07 Jun 2024, 11:03 pm

I think Bath will try to get an early upper hand in the breakdown battle to slow Saints quick ball.  If Saints can get the ball out quickly it will make a long day for Bath.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 08 Jun 2024, 12:08 am

Per Draft Kings Sport Book, Saints are a 5.5 point favourite and the over/under is 54.5.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Jun 2024, 8:00 am

doctor_grey wrote:I'm always impressed what a handsome team Saints are.  It's so easy to get lost in their skills, their physicality, their intelligence.  But they are a fine looking group wearing just a terrific ensemble.

You might need an eye test or to cut down on your drinking.

Both sides going for a 6-2 bench split, this one is going to be a physical game irrespective of the fancy stuff further out.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 08 Jun 2024, 10:57 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:I'm always impressed what a handsome team Saints are.  It's so easy to get lost in their skills, their physicality, their intelligence.  But they are a fine looking group wearing just a terrific ensemble.

You might need an eye test or to cut down on your drinking.
Drinking? How do you think I can get through surgery with all that blood?

formerly known as Sam wrote:Both sides going for a 6-2 bench split, this one is going to be a physical game irrespective of the fancy stuff further out.
Agree completely. Another championship match to be won at the breakdown. Can't wait.

doctor_grey

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 1:40 pm

Finn vs Fin will be the key here. If Russell is in the mood then Bath will not be easy to beat. If he’s trying to win the game with the first pass of the ball then you can’t see passed the saints.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 2:33 pm

I've got a few quid on Bath....but jeez it's a close one...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:02 pm

What a start

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:06 pm

Big scrum from Bath! They are looking strong at the moment.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:08 pm

Cumbrian wrote:Big scrum from Bath!  They are looking strong at the moment.

Second one they have marmalised saints. As the first was near the line and so soon the ref bottled it and just gave a reset
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:10 pm

Saints first play was a cracker. Sleightholme arrives late and the no luck pass doesn't go to hand. Gallagher does Furbank for speed but the England fullback does well to force the knock on.

After that the scrums are all Bath and now Saints look rattled.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:11 pm

tigertattie wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:Big scrum from Bath!  They are looking strong at the moment.

Second one they have marmalised saints. As the first was near the line and so soon the ref bottled it and just gave a reset

I think sir had gone to the back of the scrum to watch the shenanigans between the 9s and missed the Saints front row collapse.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:14 pm

Looked like a rather illegal bath hand in that ruck there
tigertattie
tigertattie

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:15 pm

Tackle was superb by Freeman.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:16 pm

Some questions over ford's availability for the NZ tour? That would be big....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:16 pm

tigertattie wrote:Looked like a rather illegal bath hand in that ruck there

I thought so live but on the replay it looked like Lawes was holding onto it on the floor and then jolted it loose when Mitchell tried to pull it out.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:18 pm

Geordie wrote:Some questions over ford's availability for the NZ tour? That would be big....

Be a significant blow in the short term but long term might be beneficial if one of the Smith's can claim the shirt. If Ford goes he'll start and whilst he might make the next world cup it's no guarantee.

formerly known as Sam

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:18 pm

Northampton need to stop messing about on their own put in, get it straight in and out.

Bath are really up for the fight, think their intensity has caught Northampton off guard.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:20 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Geordie wrote:Some questions over ford's availability for the NZ tour? That would be big....

Be a significant blow in the short term but long term might be beneficial if one of the Smith's can claim the shirt. If Ford goes he'll start and whilst he might make the next world cup it's no guarantee.

Yeah would you go Fin or Marcus to stsrt. I think k I'd go Fin.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:22 pm

Great choice and execution from Smith.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:22 pm

If that was high Obano is in trouble.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:23 pm

I like that from Smith. It's a poor missed kick at goal but the self belief to shrug it off and then drop into the pocket and slot the drop goal is classy.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:23 pm

There's some big hits gonig on in this

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:23 pm

This is going to be red.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:23 pm

That's a red

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:25 pm

I don't want it to be red because it could spoil the game, but it is the right decision.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Geordie and Heaf like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:25 pm

Well thats huge

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:25 pm

That's Obano out of the summer tour then

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:27 pm

Game over I suspect now. Too long to play rest of match with 14.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:27 pm

That's unlucky. He's tried to make a legitimate tackle there and just got it wrong. It's throat and chin area so an inch or so lower and then it's just a good hit. Red card call correct though.

Massive blow for Bath. Obano has started well.

Last edited by formerly known as Sam on Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:27 pm

Well that could be the game. TMO was going for a yellow but Christophe wanted the red. Could be argued for either colour but when a player is hitting upwards and clocks the carrier in the face, you’re asking for a red
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:27 pm

Gutting for Barbeary.

Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:29 pm

That was beautiful.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:29 pm

Game over

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:30 pm

Lovely try there

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:31 pm

It's the new man Schoeman. Not up to the speed of the game and he doesn't get round the ruck quickly enough leaving a gap.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:34 pm

Cumbrian wrote:Gutting for Barbeary.  

It can’t have done his chances of touring any good.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:34 pm

What a finish!

Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:34 pm

Saints are destructive in attack but the red card has totally swung this game
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:34 pm

What a score by Sleightholme.

Good job Borthwick is there 😉

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:36 pm

Thought that was meant to go inside for Mitchell. A happy accident for Sleightholme methinks

Last edited by Mr Bounce on Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:37 pm

Oooh game on....

Geordie

Mr Bounce likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:37 pm

Bath needed that, turning into a bloody good game.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:37 pm

Geordie wrote:Oooh game on....
This is a fun game to watch

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:37 pm

Borthwick has some big decisions for the tour....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:38 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:
Geordie wrote:Oooh game on....
This is a fun game to watch

Damn right it is...sadly my bets out rhe window...Babreary to score bath win Rolling Eyes

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:42 pm

Geordie wrote:Borthwick has some big decisions for the tour....

Just a summer tour. Can experiment to hearts content
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:45 pm

tigertattie wrote:
Geordie wrote:Borthwick has some big decisions for the tour....

Just a summer tour. Can experiment to hearts content

Yes but this is a tour where there are numerous candidates for several key positions...so this could be a tour which really starts to build the make up of the 2027 world Cup side.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 08 Jun 2024, 3:46 pm

Might need to look at that clearout on Hill.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next