The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

+8
Poorfour
mountain man
Mr Bounce
Cumbrian
Geordie
tigertattie
formerly known as Sam
doctor_grey
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.    - Page 2 Empty The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

Post by doctor_grey Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

"It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDIDawmeeI0

COYS

Northampton Saints v Bath Rugby 
Where: Twickenham Stadium
When:  Saturday 8th June 2024; 15:00 BST, 10:00 EDT
How do I watch: TNT 1/TNT Ultimate/Discovery +/ITV1/Fox Sports 2 (USA)
Referee: Christophe Ridley
Assistant Referees: Luke Pearce & Anthony Woodthorpe
TMO: Tom Foley

Northampton Saints Bath Rugby
George Furbank15Matt Gallagher
Tommy Freeman14Joe Cokanasiga
Burger Odendaal13Ollie Lawrence
Fraser Dingwall12Cameron Redpath
Ollie Sleightholme11Will Muir
Fin Smith10Finn Russell
Alex Mitchell9Ben Spencer

Alex Waller1Beno Obano
Curtis Langdon2Tom Dunn
Trevor Davison3Thomas du Toit
Alex Moon4Quinn Roux
Alex Coles5Charlie Ewels
Sir Courtney Lawes (c)6Ted Hill
Tom Pearson7Sam Underhill 
Juarno Augustus8Alfie Barbeary

Replacements:  
Sam Matavesi16Niall Annett
Emmanuel Iyogun17Juan Schoeman
Elliot Millar Mills18Will Stuart
Temo Mayanavanua19Elliott Stooke
Sam Graham20Josh Bayliss
Lewis Ludlam21Louis Schreuder
Tom James22Orlando Bailey
George Hendy23Miles Reid

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.    - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:47 pm

tigertattie wrote:
Geordie wrote:Borthwick has some big decisions for the tour....

Just a summer tour. Can experiment to hearts content

Not really. There's certain factions in the media who were against him taking over and have been negative at every opportunity. The end of the 6N forced them to be quiet or enter delusion and claim the changes to attack were their ideas. If the summer tour goes badly they'll be calling for his head again. Borthwick would do with a really good summer tour to keep the doubters silent.

formerly known as Sam

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.    - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premiership Final - It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:47 pm

Coles is a lucky boy at the death of the half there. Straight off his feet and shoulder to head of Ted Hill at the breakdown. Could have been a second red.

formerly known as Sam

Cumbrian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:49 pm

I know the media are muppets but surely they aren’t expecting much vs New Zealand. Anyone calling for him to be binned if NZ win both games need to reevaluate thier rugby knowledge
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:50 pm

Can it be checked over the half time

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:50 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Coles is a lucky boy at the death of the half there. Straight off his feet and shoulder to head of Ted Hill at the breakdown. Could have been a second red.

Just a pen. Didn’t look like and contact to the head. He kinda just fell over him
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:51 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Coles is a lucky boy at the death of the half there. Straight off his feet and shoulder to head of Ted Hill at the breakdown. Could have been a second red.

Think Bath can be genuinely aggrieved there, Hill was certainly holding his head and he doesn't seem like a player that would stay down unnecessarily.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:53 pm

tigertattie wrote:I know the media are muppets but surely they aren’t expecting much vs New Zealand. Anyone calling for him to be binned if NZ win both games need to reevaluate thier rugby knowledge

One member quit here due to his hatred of Borthwick's so don't be too sure

As I said earlier for me there's some big decisions on players just look at the options at wing, Back Row, Loosehead egc

If Ford doesn't go then your looking at Fin v Marcus...as I doubt Ford would come back.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:53 pm

For the neutral, that red card has killed a lot of the tension.

The game will only get interesting if Bath can get their noses in front. Or at least frustrate Saints, keeping it to a one score difference, so the bounce of a ball could decide the winner.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:53 pm

Geordie wrote:Can it be checked over the half time

I believe they can check up until play restarts after a stoppage so I guess so?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:56 pm

tigertattie wrote:I know the media are muppets but surely they aren’t expecting much vs New Zealand. Anyone calling for him to be binned if NZ win both games need to reevaluate thier rugby knowledge

Completely agree. I also think summer tour ideal time to take a good mix of experience and new caps.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:58 pm

Heaf wrote:

Do we mean this one?

https://x.com/weavers_shaun/status/1799454407903617466

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:01 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:
Heaf wrote:

Do we mean this one?

Yup. Looks like he goes over and falls onto him. Not even sure if a shoulder hit anything
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:04 pm

Good decision to take the shot at goal.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:05 pm

Finn did Fin like a kipper there

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:07 pm

Underhill is a monster....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:08 pm

Geordie wrote:Underhill is a monster....
Hope he doesn't break himself for the summer! He's been outstanding today

Mr Bounce

Geordie and formerly known as Sam like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:09 pm

tigertattie wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:
Heaf wrote:

Do we mean this one?

Yup. Looks like he goes over and falls onto him. Not even sure if a shoulder hit anything

Looks like upper arm if anything after a couple of reviews. Clumsy, not malicious.

TMO can't review it as Bath take the penalty to end the half so play has resumed.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:09 pm

Underhill is just a brick wall on a spring! To quote Rocky "Whatever he hits, he destroys"
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:12 pm

Agree with Healey that Hendy coming on makes that Saints backline more dangerous.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:13 pm

Spencer has owned Mitchell today

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:15 pm

Geordie wrote:Spencer has owned Mitchell today
Yes. Mitchell has a habit of waiting and he so often gets caught out. Spencer has been awesome.

Mr Bounce

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:18 pm

Oooohhhhh

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:18 pm

Game back on!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:19 pm

This is brilliant!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:20 pm

Are Saints stronger now with Waller off and Iyogun on?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:21 pm

BOOM! Langdon was skittled.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:22 pm

Ffs. Underhill is just brutal

And Finn Russell has just done a worldly
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:23 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:
Geordie wrote:Spencer has owned Mitchell today
Yes. Mitchell has a habit of waiting and he so often gets caught out. Spencer has been awesome.

Mitchell likes to challenge the defence so Spencer has just managed marked him and then got in his face. Can Spencer keep that up for the full 80? It's going to take a lot out of him.

Poor mistake by Hendy. Good kick by Spencer.

Then a mistake by Furbank and a quality 50/22 as Furbank is out of position.

Game is very much on.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:26 pm

Hope Langdon isn't serious...he was defo going to NZ

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:26 pm

The number of caps that underhill has missed out on is crazy. Every time I see him play I just think he’s a fantastic flanker. Goodness knows why players were getting the nod over him
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:29 pm

Northampton just don't seem to be able to put the game to bed.

Bath are superb

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:30 pm

Cokasaniga has had a quiet game

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:30 pm

I really think that Bath would have done well to bank a drop goal in one of these passages of play.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:32 pm

First line out bath got pinged for a squint throw. Sure dunne asked if all squint ones were going to be pinged. Well that one from saints was left alone.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:35 pm

Got to take the points, surely?
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:35 pm

Trying to kick the ball out the ruck now. I was kinda neutral for this game and I’ve also liked saints but I want bath to win this now
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:39 pm

I wonder how broken Fin Smith is?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:40 pm

That was idiotic from Mitchell. I'm all for ambition, but play the conditions...!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:44 pm

Heartbreaker! Hendy is a special talent!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:44 pm

That was an unbelievable break from Hendy

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:45 pm

That’s criminal. Whichever bath player that pulled that static maul down needs to be docked a months wages
tigertattie
tigertattie

Cumbrian and formerly known as Sam like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:46 pm

Hendy making up for his mistake in some style there.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:48 pm

Northampton elbow hits the ground and bath get penalised???
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:49 pm

tigertattie wrote:Northampton elbow hits the ground and bath get penalised???
Yeah I was wondering that or did I see it wrong.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:51 pm

Geordie wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Northampton elbow hits the ground and bath get penalised???
Yeah I was wondering that or did I see it wrong.

Ridley has been, erm, sympathetic to saints all game. I’ve not seen a single 50/50 go to bath but I’ve seen some 80/20s going to saints
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:54 pm

Drama! What a finish this is! A brilliant final.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:55 pm

I don't care who wins and I've no got no nails left what a game

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:56 pm

Bath showed some Cajonnes In that game mind

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:56 pm

Some game that.

Some really dodgy ref decisions but bath ultimately shot themselves in the foot on at least 3 occasions to hinder themselves
tigertattie
tigertattie

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:56 pm

They deserve it on the balance of the season, but it has to be said that Northampton were mince for a lot of that.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Geordie and formerly known as Sam like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next