The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago appreciation thread (contains MITB spoilers)

+8
NickisBHAFC
Fellaini25
BigPhil
Crimey
Kay Fabe
johncenamanutd
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
JamesLincs
12 posters

Go down

Chicago appreciation thread (contains MITB spoilers) Empty Chicago appreciation thread (contains MITB spoilers)

Post by JamesLincs Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:25 pm

What word/s would you like to use to describe the crowd last night? ive just watched some of the action from last night and i didnt realise just how good they were, they were absolutely fantastic. CM Punk chants thoughtout the event. From cheering miz' return to booing rey mysterio and how hostile they were at the beginning of the main event to the atmosphere they created at the finale was unreal

Loyal
passionate
Real

Well done Chicago! YOUR cm punk will have been immensely proud!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Chicago appreciation thread (contains MITB spoilers) Empty Re: Chicago appreciation thread (contains MITB spoilers)

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:27 pm

I like the Sears tower

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Chicago appreciation thread (contains MITB spoilers) Empty Re: Chicago appreciation thread (contains MITB spoilers)

Post by johncenamanutd Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:29 pm

AWESOME.

Without the crowd, the PPV wouldn't have been as good as it was.

Better atmosphere leads to better matches.

johncenamanutd

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 2:38 pm

Understatement of the year

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:15 pm

I actually liked how the crowd that more of the crowd (the young portion) started to cheer Cena the longer the match went on, as Booker T put it, it had a "Rocky Balboa in the USSR" feel to it.

They were awesome, I loved the "Daniel Bryan" chants during the Smackdown Money in the Bank. I'm not a fan of when they cheer heels and boo faces as it ruins the pantomine for me a bit, apart from the Punk/Cena match which was how it should have been. Sheamus got a nice pop and I think a face turn is definetly on the way for him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:52 pm

I can't see Sheamus having a face turn really. I believe he got cheered because Chicago holds many people with Irish ancestry and perhaps they got behind him.

The commentators seemed to still try and put on a pro cena attitude in the main event, saying that "it's a bit like how Rocky Balboa changed the room in the USSR for him" - at that moment I did facepalm.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:07 pm

The booking of Cena was 100% on the money, Chicago is awesome, it always is, along with Philly and Texas it is a wrestling hotbed

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:15 pm

The crowd were immense, up there with the crowd from ONS 06

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

Fantastic crowd they made this the best ppv i have seen since watching the wwe 11 years ago

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:19 pm

I think it was even better, the atosphere was the best I've ever heard

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

BigPhil wrote:The commentators seemed to still try and put on a pro cena attitude in the main event, saying that "it's a bit like how Rocky Balboa changed the room in the USSR for him" - at that moment I did facepalm.

The thing is, they were only reacting to chants for Cena which were only getting louder. I felt the longer the match went on, the more the kids managed to actually over power the Punk fans and it was almost like the start of a "Rocky Balboa" moment, it just didn't have the legs to carry on all the way through.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

It definitely wasn't a Rocky moment, no-one would even mention that if Book didn't make the ridiculous statement which was tongue in cheek anyway, no-one who wasn't cheering Cena before the match was cheering him at the end, most of the crowd had their fun and had probably resigned themselves to the logical choice - Cena winning, thats why more Cena fans could be heard in the latter stages of the match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:48 pm

I loved the reaction to Punk's entrance, Ive actually got the vignette and entrance on my phone now...Yes, I'll admit, Im sad like that!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:10 am

I've watched the enterance about a dozen times now

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:06 am

Haha is it on YouTube? I had to watch the last 15 minutes of it on there in mirror mode because I missed it.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:58 am

I also liked how the fans started going crazy as soon as Daniel Bryan started to climb the ladder and unhook the briefcase. They really wanted him to win it.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:20 pm

I don't think I've ever been so satisfied with a PPV

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:21 am

I'm so lucky i'm out here working in Chicago for 6 months and got a ringside seat for my first PPV. At times I couldn't hear the people beside me it was so loud. The WWE really pulled all the stops out. I had such a husky voice on monday morning

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:49 am

Thats unbelievable mate, you struck it lucky there, much did your ticket skin you

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Wed 20 Jul 2011, 3:59 am

it was $300, money well spent!

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down