The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland v New Zealand 2nd Test Live Match Thread

+69
Gretgael1
John Cregan
kiakahaaotearoa
red_stag
Rava
MMC
Pete330v2
Mickado
Sin é
Feckless Rogue
KiaRose
Irishhoneymonster
The Bachelor
sheephead
disneychilly
brennomac
stevetynant
pete (buachaill on eirne)
sean.c
Notch
logie28
The Great Aukster
Duty281
Golden
aucklandlaurie
emack2
Suspicious lurker
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
blackcanelion
GunsGerms
BoyneRFC
Standulstermen
stormers1
Fantasticbarnsmell
jamesandimac
LeinsterFan4life
sirtidychris
bedfordwelsh
funnyExiledScot
Otagolad
Biltong
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
chewed_mintie
TycroesOsprey
Taylorman
gregortree
George Carlin
mystiroakey
Rory_Gallagher
nathan
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
RuggerRadge2611
yappysnap
Geordie
rhonddasmackhead
eirebilly
asoreleftshoulder
SecretFly
Hookisms and Hyperbole
GavinDragon
EnglishReign
clivemcl
Cari
Gibson
offload
doctor_grey
rodders
Thomond
Pal Joey
73 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Ireland v New Zealand 2nd Test Live Match Thread - Page 13 Empty Ireland v New Zealand 2nd Test Live Match Thread

Post by Pal Joey Sat 16 Jun 2012, 10:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Venue for the 2nd test: AMI Stadium (Addington) - formerly Rugby League Park Christchurch
Capacity: 26,000 incl. temporary seating
Weather http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2192362

Current forecast for Saturday evening is around 3 degrees C and light rain.

All Blacks: Israel Dagg, Zac Guildford, Conrad Smith, Sonny Bill Williams, Julian Savea, Dan Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (c), Adam Thomson, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock.

Reserves: Hika Elliot, Ben Franks, Sam Cane, Ali Williams, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Ben Smith
[/quote]

Irish team:
15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4 - Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster)
5 - Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
6 - Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
7 - Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:

16 - Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 - Declan Fitzpatrick (Dungannon/Ulster)
18 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
19 - Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster)

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 16 Jun 2012, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Ireland v New Zealand 2nd Test Live Match Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Ireland v New Zealand 2nd Test Live Match Thread

Post by rodders Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:57 am

John Cregan wrote:
Focus on a 40 point defeat!! Coz it's coming...............I suggest we turn our back on the ridiculous "Haka" and do a litte bit of a warm up...just for to make them really angry like.........

picard
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Ireland v New Zealand 2nd Test Live Match Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Ireland v New Zealand 2nd Test Live Match Thread

Post by SecretFly Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:00 pm

You can also lose wheelers if the ref allows himself to judge the present on the past. If he believes he sees a weaker scrum over the course of a game then it'll take time for him to acknowledge the turn-around in fortunes.

Oops! Ref watching! Sorry.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

We show nothing and think we're going to show nothing the next time.

We end up showing something and we think we're going to show nothing the next time.

We want the team to progress and get better but often we're not willing to engage in the practice ourselves.

Okay, realism hits the fan of course - but there is no reason why Ireland can't put it up to New Zealand again - because it wasn't just a gung-ho, mad-Irishman gig - although there was a spoonful or two of that flavour in there.

Nope, the side had learned from the heavy defeat and tactically turned up. Will New Zealand have new tactics to do another full blown assault on us - hmmm, if we keep composed and do exactly as we did last week, I can't see what the tactic will be - they tried everything.

Will they win? Probably - because afterall, our efforts were good but not enough - but if we can improve rather than retreat into our shell - game result is on.

Last edited by SecretFly on Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

We weren’t dominated in the scrum save for when Loughney came on in the first test.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

rodders wrote:
Gretgael1 wrote:
rodders wrote:The scrum wheeling thing is a lottery, you win some you lose some. We had chances after that so I can live with it.

Not 100% on the other one but if the ball was touched in flight by O'Brien then surely that puts the NZ chasers onside? Either way I think that's clutching at straws a bit.

We had sufficient chances to set up for the drop goal but got white line fever. NZ showed more composure than us, thats just the reality, in my view.

Apologies, you are quite right. I'm sure I must have meant before that and not after... at least I can't think of what chances we may have had after to which I may have been referring. I stand corrected guinness .
guinness

No worries man

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:25 pm

idea MrsP........is that P for Poite??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:30 pm

John Cregan wrote: idea MrsP........is that P for Poite??

Shocked

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:39 pm

To be honest I don't have the time or patience to bother with idiotic posts and posters anymore. It's been fun chatting with you lads in the meantime but in reality it takes up too much time and isn't really fun anymore.

All the best.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:44 pm

Ah Stand don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, we'd miss you round here man.

If your offski, all the best mate OK guinness

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:00 pm

Standulstermen wrote:To be honest I don't have the time or patience to bother with idiotic posts and posters anymore. It's been fun chatting with you lads in the meantime but in reality it takes up too much time and isn't really fun anymore.

All the best.

Only take a break, Stand, and come back when the 'intensity' sensations ease again. It can be a manageable place if you keep away from the overly wrought threads as much as possible. And I'm finding that if I take breaks I can come back for small stints and enjoy it better

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:08 pm

That's called the ageing process Fly. Happens to us all. Whistle

I agree though. Just stay away from threads that annoy thumbsup
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:12 pm

Come back when Ireland finally beat the ABs. Don't want to miss that Stand. It may be this weekend. guinness

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:13 pm

Standulstermen wrote:To be honest I don't have the time or patience to bother with idiotic posts and posters anymore. It's been fun chatting with you lads in the meantime but in reality it takes up too much time and isn't really fun anymore.

All the best.

Crying or Very sad

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:13 pm

God I hope so Kia. Our self-belief should be so high. This group of players has to believe in themselves at long last and end this hoodoo once and for all!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

rodders wrote:Ah Stand don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, we'd miss you round here man.

If your offski, all the best mate OK guinness

Ulster seems to be having a bit of a clearout here recently Smile How many have 'moved on' ?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:21 pm

Once we beat the ABs and Uster win the HEC I'm outtahere too.... so enjoy my presence while you can because I won't be around very long by the looks of it..... Whistle guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:24 pm

Let's hope your lifetime is not so shortlived Rodders. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:25 pm

The bags are packed Kia Ok!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

Don't put anything you really need in there mate. Hug

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:58 pm

Lads. Question for yas and this might sound incredibly stupid but as someone who doesn't know the intricacies of the rules was there anything to stop Sexton kicking for touch off the tee? As in if the decision was already made to kick for goal then surely it could have been interpreted as a wayward kick?

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

The Boss wrote:Lads. Question for yas and this might sound incredibly stupid but as someone who doesn't know the intricacies of the rules was there anything to stop Sexton kicking for touch off the tee? As in if the decision was already made to kick for goal then surely it could have been interpreted as a wayward kick?

As far as I know that would have counted as a missed kick so there would be no line out.

The only thing he could have done would have been to manage to hit the posts and have a player gather it and score. Or maybe miss but allow a wing to gather it and make it look accidental?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:19 pm

Thanking you MrsP. As I said I didn't have a notion but thought it might have been thinking outside the box haha.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Duigers Wed 20 Jun 2012, 4:23 pm

MrsP wrote:
The Boss wrote:Lads. Question for yas and this might sound incredibly stupid but as someone who doesn't know the intricacies of the rules was there anything to stop Sexton kicking for touch off the tee? As in if the decision was already made to kick for goal then surely it could have been interpreted as a wayward kick?

As far as I know that would have counted as a missed kick so there would be no line out.

The only thing he could have done would have been to manage to hit the posts and have a player gather it and score. Or maybe miss but allow a wing to gather it and make it look accidental?

Not sure that is true MrsP... there used to be an English player back in the 80's called Marcus Rose who used to find touch from the tee... but then again perhaps they have changed the rules..

Duigers

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Wed 20 Jun 2012, 4:32 pm

Andy Irvine of Scotland went through a phase of touch kicking from the ground (they didn't have tees back then) in the 1970's - then they banned it because it taking so frigging long.,

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Wed 20 Jun 2012, 4:48 pm

All the best.

I only arrived on the Rugby Forum yesterday and seems like i've gotten rid of a regular......jeez Stand, that's a bit drastic................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 20 Jun 2012, 9:24 pm

No din carter. We have a huge chance. Anyone know when the last time was that we played NZ and dc hasn't started?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:11 pm

Yeah no Carter and a few other changes by the sounds of it, Weepu on the bench and Hosea Gear at 11. McCaw at 8.

The ABs will be very, very strong regardless but no question about it, this is a massive opportunity to beat the best side in the world.

Believe guinness

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:10 am

rodders wrote:

Believe guinness

thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:24 am

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 21 Jun 2012, 5:23 am

We won a wc without him
Mind you we lost one without him too.
So clearly Carter makes no difference.

Note never lost a WC with Conrad on the field.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13