The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany v Greece, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread

+9
Liam
monty junior
JamesLincs
Leff
Postie
GSC
azania
mystiroakey
Duty281
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Germany v Greece, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Germany v Greece, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread

Post by Duty281 Wed 20 Jun 2012, 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Germany v Greece (Friday 22nd June, ITV 1, 19:45 KO)

The pre-tournament favourites Germany made light work of the Group of Death, dispatching Portugal 1-0, Holland 2-1 and Denmark 2-1. Germany are now heavy favourites for this Quarter-Final which, if they win, would book their fourth consecutive semi-final at a major tournament. Their opponents are Greece who somehow finished 2nd in Group A after a 1-0 win over Russia made up for defeat against the Czechs and a draw against the Poles. It really is David v Goliath this one and the winners will play England/Italy.

My prediction: Germany 3-0 Greece

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Germany v Greece, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Germany v Greece, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread

Post by JamesLincs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 8:50 pm

did greece have possession in germanys 18 in the first 45? i dont think they did

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Germany v Greece, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Germany v Greece, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:00 pm

yes and backed tthe 1-1

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:01 pm

THEY'VE ONLY GONE AND SCORED! Germany's defence was looking a tad shaky this half, 1-1, game on! Go on Greece!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:01 pm

The miracle begins!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:02 pm

foul by samaras but nevermind

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:04 pm

Good goal by Greece, it's funny how they always improve dramatically in the second half. Game on, who would have thought it, the man who misses a penalty against St Mirren a few weeks back now equalises against Germany in the Euro 2012 quarters.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

Khedira Hug great volley

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

Oh good goal, the dream is dead again.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

Khadeira...GOAL.

Don't get casual and complacent again, Germany.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

come on the 2-2 i want pens- need some friday night exitement

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:13 pm

Game over.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

ahh well- think they did pretty well in fairness....UL greece.

its gonna be 4-1

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

Klose made that set piece look so easy. 3-1 Germany. thumbsup

Will it be 5-1 Germany?

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:16 pm

omg the atempt at a save should be in the dictoinary under flap

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

This match is quite similar to the Germany vs England match in the 2010 WC. Germans having exclusive possession of the ball. It's like a kid stealing candy from another kid and running away.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:20 pm

4-1 deservedly thrashed

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:20 pm

Explosive shot off rebound from Reus. 4-1, this is mockery.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:22 pm

What's the possession percentage now? Still around 80%?

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

nothing like the game v england at all. in fact england had 56% possesion that game- and they hit us on the break- thats where the goals come from.. Not being funny but after the game all the talk was how irrelevant possesion was!!!!

Just because the score line is similar doesnt mean the match was- infact it couldnt be more different- can you not remeber the game??

first half- very even and should have been 2-2

second half england with the lions share of possesion- commiting loads of men forward to grab equalisers, and then germany hitting us on the break!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:24 pm

we lost the game in the first half with woeful defending

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:26 pm

Mysti, I recall Germans stealing the ball at will from our midfielders.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm

leff just look at the stats if you dont belive me. I remeber all there goals from was all counter attcking football!!! sorry in this case your wrong. they dominated when they had possesion but it was a polar opposite of this game.

james

how did we lose the game in the first half! it should have been 2-2 Germany v Greece, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread - Page 2 732107

we lost it in the second by commiting to many men forward

Last edited by mystiroakey on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm

Lincs is right. Here is how it happened:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/27/world-cup-2010-germany-england-live

4-1 same result as this one.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

Ozil is pounding the ball, it's just not going in. Smile

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:32 pm

It's difficult to tell just how good the Germans are when they are up against such dross like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:32 pm

err what the heck are you on about. how is lincs right!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/jun/27/england-v-germany-match-statistics

the stats back me up- more shots, more possesion, more corners - and i 100% remeber the game

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:33 pm

monty junior wrote:5-1 Germany Cool

That money's coming to my pocket

Pretty close there, Jr. thumbsup

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:36 pm

Only thing about the Germans they've had very little to do in defense over the four games but have conceded four times, they can obviously score at will though so it might not matter. Against Spain in the final though i doubt they will get away with sloppy goals.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:36 pm

if we hadnt played so badly in the first half hour or so we wouldnt have been chasing. the game was lost when we went 2 down

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:36 pm

4-2 no concellation for greece though- german at there clinical best!!

good effort from both i might add..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:37 pm

JamesLincs wrote:if we hadnt played so badly in the first half hour or so we wouldnt have been chasing. the game was lost when we went 2 down

sorry the score should have been 2-2- it makes no sense.

even at 2-1 we had a chance- they just scored 2 goals second halve from counter attacks

Last edited by mystiroakey on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:37 pm

Leff wrote:
monty junior wrote:5-1 Germany Cool

That money's coming to my pocket

Pretty close there, Jr. thumbsup

Dreams dashed but still due to win a good amount on Germany if they win the tournament

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:38 pm

JamesLincs wrote:if we hadnt played so badly in the first half hour or so we wouldnt have been chasing. the game was lost when we went 2 down

Old wounds James. We move on..

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:39 pm

btw - i am not saying that england didnt desrve to lose or wernt outplayed - just simply the two games were very different.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:40 pm

mystiroakey wrote:err what the heck are you on about. how is lincs right!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/jun/27/england-v-germany-match-statistics

the stats back me up- more shots, more possesion, more corners - and i 100% remeber the game

I meant to say Lincs was right about defensive failure.

20 mins: KLOSE'S NUMBER 12!!! Germany 1-0 England. Dear Lord. Neuer hoofs a long ball upfield, straight down the middle. Terry is off on holiday, Upson was standing wondering whether to go with him, maybe stow away in his suitcase, and so Klose simply romps down the middle, sliding in and poking a right-foot shot past the advancing James and into the bottom-right corner. That is as simple a goal that's been scored in the entire history of All Football. What a defensive shambles. The centre backs want shooting when they eventually come back from their break.

33 min: ANOTHER GOAL!!! Germany 2-0 England. And another defensive shambles. Klose is YET AGAIN set free down the inside right channel. He doesn't bother engaging James, looping the ball to the left of the area, where Podolski is free in acres. Where on earth are the defenders?!? Podolski's first touch isn't great, taking him wide left at a tight angle, but the striker toks the ball between James' legs and sends the inside of the right-hand side netting billowing.

70 min: THIS IS SO EASY NOW. Germany 4-1 England. England have a throw in on the edge of Germany's area. They quickly lose the ball, which is walloped up the left wing. Ozil gets there ahead of Barry, and of course - need I bother saying this? - the defence is nowhere to be seen. Ozil makes it all the way to the area, before clipping the ball across to Muller, taking out James. Mulller lifts the ball into the net. It is over.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:42 pm

thats not why we lost leff!! you only need common sense to work out the score should have been 2-2 and even still it was 2-1 and we are still in the game.

you really dont need to bring up 3 tweets- it doesnt proove a thing.

now get over it- this game was nothing like v england

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:42 pm

my point is, we gave up chance of winning the game by playing terribly at the start and losing 2 goals. everyone has a chance at 2-1, but the germans were always gunna hit us on the counter.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:43 pm

Is this a case of Germany performing at a high level or Greece playing their usual awful game?

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:45 pm

james at 2-2 we may not have commited so much forward- not sure why you guys are arguing anyway- leff was clearly wrong and just needs to get over it- games were polar opoosites- germany won on the attack this game- leaked a goal on the counter, germany beat england with a bad ref decsion and then on the counter.

the only two similar things was the score line and the clinical finishing

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:47 pm

Mysti, You have a different spin on it. Hang on to it and let not history repeat. We both want England to win the trophy. Germans are looking scarier than in 2010.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:47 pm

Leff wrote:Is this a case of Germany performing at a high level or Greece playing their usual awful game?

ermmm. germany won because they are a very good side- greece are limited but gave it there best. It rarely is an either or- normally allways abit of both

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:47 pm

youre right at 2-2 it would of been a different game, and we could of possibly won. but the goal wasnt given and we deservedly lost.

there really are no comparrisons with this game and against us in 10'

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:48 pm

Leff wrote:Mysti, You have a different spin on it. Hang on to it and let not history repeat. We both want England to win the trophy. Germans are looking scarier than in 2010.

there is no different spin on it at all...... Anyway the rest i agree with- germany have gone up another level this time and yes i want england to win

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:50 pm

Very clinical performance from the Germans. Don't think they were ever in any danger of losing that one. They did enough to get the result. Still my team to beat.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:50 pm

I am watching replays of goals.

IMO, the best was Khadeira's.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:55 pm

yeah it was a class goal

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:56 pm

ashley cole, any opinions on him? probably second best left back in the world behind lahm imo. absolute legend

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Jun 2012, 9:57 pm

personally ithink cole has been only average so far,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:03 pm

over his career or just at the euro's?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:13 pm

mystiroakey wrote:personally ithink cole has been only average so far,

agree. loads of beter fb's over his cxareer lifetime
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next