The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Italy, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread

+38
jbeadlesbigrighthand
nasisillmatic
Hoggy_Bear
sportform
lorus59
dummy_half
88Chris05
liverbnz
super_realist
Geordie
Steffan
Jennifer1984
Soldier_Of_Fortune
monty junior
GG
eirebilly
mobilemaster8
Zander
Kay Fabe
CFCNick
Leff
The Special Juan
Mr H
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
EnglishReign
VTR
Mad for Chelsea
Postie
LivinginItaly
Liam
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
GSC
Josiah Maiestas
JamesLincs
azania
mystiroakey
Duty281
42 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

England v Italy, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread - Page 15 Empty England v Italy, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread

Post by Duty281 Wed 20 Jun 2012, 4:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

England v Italy (Sunday 24th June, 19:45 KO, BBC 1)

On the back of good defence, England have notched up 2 wins and a draw, confounding the majority of expectations along the way. The unexpected bonus of topping Group D has given them a game against Italy, not Spain, and England have a glorious chance of reaching their first semi-final in 16 years. Italy haven't really started yet and their sole win was against a poor Ireland team but they did manage an impressive draw against the Spanish. The winners will play Germany.......or maybe Greece.

My prediction: England 1-0 Italy

Come on England!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

England v Italy, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: England v Italy, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread

Post by EnglishReign Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:29 pm

super_realist wrote:You shouldn't expect when topping that particular group, it was one of the worst, and any of the four teams could have topped it and it wouldn't have been a surprise.

The best four teams are left in the competition, and the next best four are on their way home.
You should never expect anything, you should only hope to play well and see what happens, England did not play well.

Yeah, one of the worst of four. Wow.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

England v Italy, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: England v Italy, Quarter Final, Build up and Match Thread

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Jun 2012, 10:33 am

Trawling through the internet today and I found this little article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4556719.stm

Pirlo the dangerman warns Hodgson

Former Inter Milan manager Roy Hodgson has identified AC Milan's Andrea Pirlo as the player Liverpool must stop if they are to win the European Cup.

According to Hodgson if Liverpool can nullify Pirlo that will enable them to contain European Footballer of the Year Andriy Shevchenko in Wednesday's final.

"Pirlo is the outstanding ball player, with wonderful passing range and vision," Hodgson told BBC Sport.

"For me he is the one I would really want to stop getting on the ball."

Pirlo was an Inter Milan player when Hodgson returned for his second stint as the club's coach.

"Pirlo is the player for AC Milan who drops deep to start the play and can also provide the decisive pass to the attackers," added Hodgson.

Too bad he never took notice of his own advice Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 29 Jun 2012, 10:34 am

jeas thats worrying lol, good find

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15