The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts?

+28
compelling and rich
Jukebox Timebomb
Adam D
manos de piedra
sweet_pea
kevchadders
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
HumanWindmill
oxring
Daz
D4thincarnation
shenglong1983
Duncan
azania
AlexHuckerby
WelshDevilRob
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rodney
The Galveston Giant
Michaels, Sean
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Union Cane
Rowley
STC
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
wow_junky
coxy0001
Scottrf
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts? - Page 4 Empty Khan vs McCloskey is NOT on Sky

Post by Scottrf Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Update: Not on Sky at all

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6864054,00.html

Last edited by Scottrf on Sun 10 Apr 2011, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts? - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:07 pm

rowley wrote:Easy pretty boy, I was joking and attempting to mock the previous post and where the thread was going. I'll also have you know I have been knocked back by countless women, not one

Hug
Sorry mate I've had my fair share of knock backs as well, and I'm from Glasgow, and I'm a prettyboy. How does that happen? Because they are mostly slags up here?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts? - Page 4 Empty Re: Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts?

Post by Rowley Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:09 pm

Must be mate, find it hard to believe there are women in the world who do not find hardcore boxing geeks attractive. They are a funny breed though the number of times I have tried to discuss the relative merits of James J Jeffries with women only to be met by blank stares is truly staggering.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:09 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:As i alluded to in my post above, my experience with Pakistani's in a sporting context is that thay are not willing to talk or negotiate. I think evidence shows they have issues with being reasonable in a lot of differing contexts

Nice mate real classy. Because people of white British heritage are never unreasonable? Where is this evidence please share.

I don't think i need to provide examples outside the sporting world. The turmoil they have had in their country for the last century or so speaks for itself.

In sporting terms the Pakistanis have long been known as hot heads, primadonnas cheats (and all else when it comes to cricket). I have experienced this first hand. A year barely passes where in fighting doesn't occur whether this be at board level, management level or team level.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:15 pm

rowley wrote:Must be mate, find it hard to believe there are women in the world who do not find hardcore boxing geeks attractive. They are a funny breed though the number of times I have tried to discuss the relative merits of James J Jeffries with women only to be met by blank stares is truly staggering.

I once tried to discuss the reason Floyd Mayweather Junior would beat Pernell Whittaker in a fight that would be a chess match. I never got any couldn't believe
it. 🤦 Might get a Bert Sugar hat and cigar apparently in his prime he was a playboy.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:17 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:As i alluded to in my post above, my experience with Pakistani's in a sporting context is that thay are not willing to talk or negotiate. I think evidence shows they have issues with being reasonable in a lot of differing contexts

Nice mate real classy. Because people of white British heritage are never unreasonable? Where is this evidence please share.

I don't think i need to provide examples outside the sporting world. The turmoil they have had in their country for the last century or so speaks for itself.

In sporting terms the Pakistanis have long been known as hot heads, primadonnas cheats (and all else when it comes to cricket). I have experienced this first hand. A year barely passes where in fighting doesn't occur whether this be at board level, management level or team level.

Fair enough but that happens all over the world not just Pakistan. Cricket is the only example you gave bit unfair to tar Khan with the same brush mate.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong1983 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:33 pm

Union Cane wrote:Could all this palaver distract Khan, and maybe give McCloskey a chance?

Nope but thats the execuse they will use come April 17th when Khan wakes up wondering where his elt has gone?

shenglong1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

Union Cane wrote:Team Khan tried to get the fight on ITV "but they've got the football on".

"The football" finishes at half seven, so they didn't try that hard did they.

Still chasing the £££ from Primetime.

Lesson, it appears, not learned.

Hardly mate - ITV have a schedule to stick to with regular programmes. The FA Cup Final is obviously going to take centre stage. ITV cant just dump everything else because there is a fight on.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong1983 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:45 pm

Its a good way of getting SKY to do all your marketing for free.

I take it "Through the ropes" wont be on Sky Sports on Thursday night?

Ha!

shenglong1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:52 pm

shenglong1983 wrote:Its a good way of getting SKY to do all your marketing for free.

Ha!

McCloskey is the only thing that'll be 'through the ropes'.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:53 pm

shenglong1983 wrote:Its a good way of getting SKY to do all your marketing for free.

Ha!

I got a feeling sky wont even mention the fact boxing exists for the next week.

Shame as I quite like those “through the ropes” type shows.

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:56 pm

All the promo they done for Khan aswell. Fliming in the phillipines, and at his gym in Bolton. Costs $$$$

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 11 Apr 2011, 4:57 pm

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:All the promo they done for Khan aswell. Fliming in the phillipines, and at his gym in Bolton. Costs $$$$
That's cheap TV.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Mon 11 Apr 2011, 5:04 pm

It's on Primetime.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/84824.html

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Apr 2011, 5:57 pm

I hope this does terrible numbers deserves nothing more. Sky have been good for Khan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 11 Apr 2011, 6:28 pm

was looking forward to watching this fight after the football. with it being the derby its not really a great place to go out where im from. make shameless look like emmerdale. most of the pubs close down as theres normally to much trouble (which will probably be ten fold seeing as this game matters so much more) so i had planned on getting a few round mine to watch it. i wont be paying for it thats fo sure.

team khan for too long now has been demanding too much money, a guy as young as khan shouldnt have been banded around on so many tv stations. lets hope now sky have ditched khan they will pick up froch (a fighter who deserves to be on ppv)

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Mon 11 Apr 2011, 7:59 pm

Same. Team Khan need to seriously think about what they're doing.

Wrote on an article on my blog, check it out below (leave some comments if you get the chance)

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/khant-please-everyone/

much appreciated.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 5:09 am

prettyboy1304 wrote:I hope this does terrible numbers deserves nothing more. Sky have been good for Khan.

True, and I wonder how Sky will react with seeing Khan cut and run at the first little disagreement! However I don't suspect it will be a problem I reckon they understand he feels he deserves PPV and most of the guys in Sky would love to have him back on there screens taking out Bradley in a few months Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Tue 12 Apr 2011, 5:36 am

This is so rediculous. He fights on Saturday, with an easy win in my opinion, so looks good doing it. Casual fans think he is unbeleivable, so they would buy the Bradley fight. They would see this fight as huge, which in fairness it is.

But during this fight Sky could talk up his proposed fight with bradley as huge, which would make him more money.

Team Khan need to get their act together. We have already has some of his early fights undeservingly on PPV and I am getting fed up. Maybe stream his Bradley fight for this, and that is from a Khan fan.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 5:44 am

I agree, in the long run it is surely better for Khan if he smashes McCloskey around on Sky, you're looking at a far bigger audience, while if you go to a channel that hardly anyone knows exists (No offense Primetime but it's kinda true at this moment in time) and fight to a very small audience nearly the whole of britain didn't even know you fought! It's all about marketability and Team Khan needs to get there brains checked, he is cutting off his audience numbers in the long run but make a quicker buck now and I've decided 100% now that I'm boycotting the Khan McCloskey fight, also I'll have you know that I was very willing to buy it when I heard it was on SBO, Primetime is a bit duff imo, not worth the effort! I'll watch highlights on Youtube a couple of days after Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 12 Apr 2011, 8:11 am

i really cant see who's going to buy this on primetime, ive not been back to that channel since the first super 6 fights when the tv station didnt even come on for the Arbaham fight. id be very suprised gets any kind of decent money for this and agree with others that showing free on sky would have increased his numbers for the bradley ppv.

he loses respect in alot of peoples mind for this tactic. any body on here thinking of buying it?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:04 am

compelling and rich wrote:i really cant see who's going to buy this on primetime, ive not been back to that channel since the first super 6 fights when the tv station didnt even come on for the Arbaham fight. id be very suprised gets any kind of decent money for this and agree with others that showing free on sky would have increased his numbers for the bradley ppv.

he loses respect in alot of peoples mind for this tactic. any body on here thinking of buying it?

I will buy it, not because I think it will be a good fight (pretty sure it will last less 3 round) but it’s only £15 and already got a bit of a gathering planned to see it.

I have never actually seen a fight on Primetime, I am assuming there coverage will be poor.

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:07 am

Not really poor but doesn't hold a candle to Sky =/

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:09 am

Well, Sky's is poor in comparison to HBO so it can't be great.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:14 am

All the way through the Abraham fight they referred to Abraham as 'Abrahams', which is not really a big deal but does show a lack of professionalism.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:18 am

Pure greed from Team Khan - not looking at the simple logistics of the situation, ie it's not a ppv worthy fight and there are bigger sporting events that day. They should go free to air on Sky, not only to get the exposure in anticipation of making the Bradley fight a big event, but also for the fans - this was supposed to be some sort of homecoming fight afterall. Instead if looking at the big picture they cut their nose off to spite their face - hawking a poor fight to the highest bidder and biting the hand (Sky) that feeds them.

Team Khan are a bunch of clowns, we've seen them be persistently hard to negotiate with, the allegations surrounding the Ariza situation, the brawl at the Paulie weigh in, and now this. Khan is surrounded by amateurs and sycophants and in the long run he'll pay for it.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:23 am

SBS does smack a bit of a Prince Naseem situation, there is a direct correlation between his fall from grace and when he got his brothers and family actively involved in his day to day business. I don't think for a minute Mc is good enough to exploit it but this is not ideal preparation for a world title fight as is distractions and hassle that should be avoided.

Truth is boxing is a tough sport, you need to maintain discipline in training and in your diet, need strong people to ensure you don't cut corners in training or in your diet and people who are family and also are totally reliant on you for their income are not best placed to give you a kick up the backside when necessary.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:32 am

It's lost him money in the long run, when was the last time Khan fought on free-to-air in England? That was the Malignaggi fight, quite a while ago, and that was shown at 2 in the morning how many people genuinely stayed up for it? (I did) But I very much doubt it was in the millions =/ Meaning the last few fights he's had he has been restricted to a PPV audience, not getting your name out there and allowing people to see you, he should take a leaf out of the guy he trains with Manny Pacqiuao, he's fighting Shane Mosely free-to-air on Showtime and it's been predicted that there will be over 100 million people watching, this means you are setting yourself up for a bigger fight down the line! Perhaps he will be taking on Floyd perhaps not (Let's not go down this road) but it opens up a much larger audience for his next fight ie. taking on Bradley and your PPV numbers would have rose significantly if you put on a good performance against McCloskey!
I mean it's pretty disgusting that he can even be allowed to put a fight with a school teacher Oisin Fagan on PPV!!!!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:33 am

My new lawn mower is going to have to wait now.

Not happy.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:34 am

STC wrote:My new lawn mower is going to have to wait now.

Not happy.

They just don't think through the consequences fully when they make such decisions. Proves there is no such thing as a victimless crime.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 12 Apr 2011, 9:55 am

rowley wrote:
STC wrote:My new lawn mower is going to have to wait now.

Not happy.

They just don't think through the consequences fully when they make such decisions. Proves there is no such thing as a victimless crime.

First it's SBO, then it's SS3, now it's Primetime. It's been an emotional rollercoaster for me. They don't care who they trample on and they certainly don't care about the effect it has on people's ability to properly maintain their gardens.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:04 am

Can only imagine the turmoil STC, being a true Yorkshireman I have a yard rather than a garden so am thankfully free from such stresses.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:12 am

Its a shame that Ground Force isn't on any more, you could have made up a sob story and had Dimmock round.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:13 am

I have a patch of grass that I occasionally sit in near my house.... What's a Garden? That's proper Yorkshire :P

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:13 am

Testing Testing Testing
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:14 am

Make up a sob story!! have you understood nothing about the emotional roller coaster that is whether he will have to pay to watch the Khan fight. You must have a heart of stone union as it has truly been tears to a glass eye stuff.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:14 am

Eric Da Cat wrote:Testing Testing Testing

Welcome aboard, Eric.

You've been sorely missed, mate.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:18 am

It's alright for you lot who haven't got gardens. You can just do whatever you want whenever you want. Having a garden is a huge responsibility and one that I don't take lightly.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:20 am

Cheers Windy, hope you're good sir, look forward to rolling gangsta rhymes with you !!

Finally crossed over, Jeff's Rowley constant emails and middle of the night telephone calls asking me join, finally twisted my arm.

Da Cat
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:20 am

STC wrote:It's alright for you lot who haven't got gardens. You can just do whatever you want whenever you want. Having a garden is a huge responsibility and one that I don't take lightly.

And we don't have to SWEEP our yards ?

Grass is always greener, mate.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:21 am

Eric those were send to you in strict confidence. Think the boards need your particucular brand of lyrical genius. Think the Khan - Sky situation would benefit from the kind of clarity only a rap can bring.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:24 am

May I add my tuppenceworth on the return of Eric da Cat. Since the sad demise of Fur Q last week-mowed down in Lidl-it's what he would have wanted- your board needs you more than ever.Project that cat sign into the sky!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Da Cat Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:25 am

rowley wrote:Eric those were send to you in strict confidence. Think the boards need your particucular brand of lyrical genius. Think the Khan - Sky situation would benefit from the kind of clarity only a rap can bring.

Its in production Jeffrey

Hug
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:29 am

Not sure if this has already been requested but can we have a savaloy icon? Perhaps even a truffit?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:30 am

rowley wrote:Make up a sob story!! have you understood nothing about the emotional roller coaster that is whether he will have to pay to watch the Khan fight. You must have a heart of stone union as it has truly been tears to a glass eye stuff.

It would be a tear to the third eye were Dimmock and her unfettered lovelies to appear...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:31 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
STC wrote:It's alright for you lot who haven't got gardens. You can just do whatever you want whenever you want. Having a garden is a huge responsibility and one that I don't take lightly.

And we don't have to SWEEP our yards ?

Grass is always greener, mate.
Greener and longer. No thanks to Amir Khan.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:35 am

So this is how the real sad tale goes,
It's starts with Khan knocking out foes,
He got too cocky; he got too glee,
He started just looking for the big money,
He thought he had around him a real good team,
Turns out they were as high as Charlie Sheen,
Maybe this will end up as real bad karma,
But he'll make McCloskey look like a llama,
Hippity Hip Hop! Yeah

Boy I'm cool....
8)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4