The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts?

+28
compelling and rich
Jukebox Timebomb
Adam D
manos de piedra
sweet_pea
kevchadders
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
HumanWindmill
oxring
Daz
D4thincarnation
shenglong1983
Duncan
azania
AlexHuckerby
WelshDevilRob
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rodney
The Galveston Giant
Michaels, Sean
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Union Cane
Rowley
STC
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
wow_junky
coxy0001
Scottrf
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Khan vs McCloskey is NOT on Sky

Post by Scottrf Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Update: Not on Sky at all

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_6864054,00.html

Last edited by Scottrf on Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:16 pm

How can it be illegal to dump your girlfriend...or am I getting mixed up?

Back to top Go down

Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts?

Post by coxy0001 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Duncan wrote:If she didn’t have the internet aswell, I would dump her. That’s very helpful, thank you. I presume this site will be good for most fights that are on TV somewhere. Nice one

Dumping her would have been my next suggestion. Bear in mind that what Dee has suggested isn't strictly legal.

I'd be careful

The tinterweb polizei will come round your house, smash the door in and tie you to the radiator using bent razors.

That's not the half of it. They'll defecate everywhere and even worse your computer will only be able to access pacland.com

They make the mafia look like a bunch of naked lesbian swedish (legal) schoolgirls

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:18 pm

You can't dump my girlfriend Dave, I don't have one.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:How can it be illegal to dump your girlfriend...or am I getting mixed up?

Depends when you dump her if she's unconscious and in your boot i guess

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:26 pm

boxingguru.com

That's another one. Are you not able to nip to the pub or something?!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:30 pm

DAVE667 wrote:How can it be illegal to dump your girlfriend...or am I getting mixed up?

In a skip. It's illegal to dump your girlfriend's cold, stiff carcass into a skip.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:34 pm

STC wrote:

In a skip. It's illegal to dump your girlfriend's cold, stiff carcass into a skip.

Green bin or black?

I always get confused Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Duncan,

That websire gives you Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, Eurosport 1 & 2 and ESPN so its not reliable for the US fights, but someone has already mentioned boxingguru so your all set!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:40 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
STC wrote:

Green bin or black?

Stay away from skips. They're complicated. Just bury her in the woods like the rest of us do.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:41 pm

STC wrote:Stay away from skips.

You mean like Glanford Park?

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Definitely.

Except on Sunday mornings when they do a cracking car boot sale in the car park.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:46 pm

STC wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
STC wrote:

Green bin or black?

Stay away from skips. They're complicated. Just bury her in the woods like the rest of us do.

May i suggest keeping them alive but securely stored in the cellar? You can then have a go on her from time to time if things are quiet.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:46 pm

STC wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Definitely.

Except on Sunday mornings when they do a cracking car boot sale in the car park.

I've already got a car boot.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Union Cane wrote:I've already got a car boot.

There's no pleasing some people.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong1983 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:56 pm

I'll fight Khan for free.

shenglong1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:57 pm

shenglong1983 wrote:I'll fight Khan for free.

I'd pay £15 to watch that.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:May i suggest keeping them alive but securely stored in the cellar? You can then have a go on her from time to time if things are quiet.
It's an option.

But the price for that is always having to see her sad little face and listen to her crying and screaming. I couldn't be doing with that.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Duncan wrote:If she didn’t have the internet aswell, I would dump her. That’s very helpful, thank you. I presume this site will be good for most fights that are on TV somewhere. Nice one

Dumping her would have been my next suggestion. Bear in mind that what Dee has suggested isn't strictly legal.

Don’t worry I had realised it was super illegal, I will take my chances with the internet police… it’s not my computer!

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:26 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-stands-lose-1-million-sky-ppv-ko--37868

Khan seems to be furious with Khan over this move. Khan stand too lose 1.25m

What could this mean for the future.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:37 pm

Just another point,

If memory serves me right, when has khan ever made big ppv figures in the uk anyway. Mccloskey is just the tip of the iceberg, Bradley is an unknown to casual fans as well.in the uk. The only fight that would have made the numbers would have been against Prescott.

I don't think a war with maidana is quite enough at this moment in time to parade khan as the next big attraction and tbh I don't think the Bradley fight will do massive either
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Khan may lose £1.25m but that is if the PPV did good numbers his last one did but their was an excellent support card which was meant to include Del Boy vs Wlad. Also on the co-feature was Cleverly, Brook and De Gale. The undercard for Khan vs McCloskey is poor.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:33 pm

Looks like it's going to Primetime.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Scottrf wrote:Looks like it's going to Primetime.

What is?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:35 pm

The Khan fight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:40 pm

You sure was on my sky guide 9-11 pm on Saturday are TBA. It will do poor on primetime they will still charge £15 that's what they charge for Froch. He should just bite the bullet he isn't big enough to not have a decent name for an opponent and still be box office. His ego is unbelievable.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm not sure about Primetime but it's not on Sky

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12183_6864054,00.html

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Should have known better than to question you mate fountain of knowledge as usual. Very Happy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Could be on ITV the Malignaggi fight was but think they had 1 fight left on the original contract they signed with Khan and cashed in when he fought Malignaggi. Don't know if they could do it though with their Saturday night TV schedule. Terrestrial TV would be a better option if it was in the states. Hope it's on primetime and does terrible buisness. Serves him right for being such an egomaniac
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Khan no longer on Sky - Thoughts?

Post by Rowley Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:21 am

According to reports today Amir Khan’s fight Saturday will no longer be on Sky and has been picked up by Primetime. Am personally not too sure what to make of all this. Will start with saying I fully endorse Sky’s stance in taking this off box office. Said when this fight was made it would need a stacked undercard or an American show to justify the box office tag and with neither of these on board think Sky are right to get tough and say this does not justify box office billing, particularly when long suffering fans will be asked to shell out for Groves Degale and Haye Wlad in the coming months.

Apparently Khan was offered the chance to stay on normal Sky but obviously on less money and declined the offer to take the fight to Primetime. What are peoples thoughts on this. Do have to wonder how well the fight will do on this channel. Primetime don’t have a massive budget to promote fights and to do a relatively poor match up on short notice is far from ideal. Personally whilst I can fully understand Khan wanting to maximise his earnings potential by whatever means necessary do have to question the logic of falling out with Sky, particularly as he seems intent on making the Bradley fight next and this will be far easier to do with Sky’s financial clout behind him and to be honest being seen by a normal Sky audience would not have hurt the chances of both Sky getting behind this fight and also it garnering a decent audience. Can understand his reasoning behind dumping Sky for this one but personally feel he has been poorly advised on this one and a little long term thinking would have been advisable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:28 am

What a Flip' joke!

Khan was giving it the all about how he's back in England for the fans, and wants to put on a show for all them see.

He had to perfect opportunity to give something back to the fans and make a good advert for himself to the lay person who doesn't get Sky Box Office, and then goes to Primetime where hardly anyone is going to see it.

He's went down in my estimation now the greedy Bast-ard.

I hope McClosksey smokes him

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:29 am

I heard Primetime as well mate. No HD channel. Pff.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:30 am

Balls didn't realise a thread existed already on this, mods feel free to merge this one

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:31 am

Surely anyone with a Sky box can still get Primetime?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:36 am

1. I've merged the topics as they discuss the same thing.
2. Bad news for Khan. Right decision from Sky to make it non-ppv - stupid move from Khan if he's thrown his toys out the pram as a result.

3. To those engaging in banter - please keep it within the boundaries of taste.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:39 am

Union Cane wrote:Surely anyone with a Sky box can still get Primetime?

Yeah - if you have never used it before - you have to pay a one off fee something like like £2.50 and then the price of the card.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:42 am

Union

The online feed is cheaper than the TV feed.

Not as cheap as watching it on boxingguru.com or something though

I am incredibly piassed off at this. Was all up for cricket then beer then the fight. Now it's just gonna have to be more beer.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:43 am

It's a bit disappointing.

I was probably going to buy the Sky PPV though, if it had gone on SBO, but I was quite pleased when I heard it was on SS3.

Anyone know who pulled the fight? Was it Sky putting their foot down or was it Khan being a greedy boy?
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:49 am

STC - Sky pulled it from SBO, Team Khan pulled it from SS3.

Could have been a lot more effort to save the undercard by Golden Boy/Hatton. Sky knew it suffered backlash by the fight being made PPV and blamed it on the undercard. But Chisora wasn't enquired to about a fight with Fury apparently. Amir cops the flak but less than 2 weeks before the fight he was fighting on SBO and with factors not influenced by him he wasn't. Badly organised by everyone involved.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:54 am

STC

Shambles of a card was the main reason and Khan is being a greedy oh dear. He's not intelligent enough to realise what a bit of mainstream exposure will do for him.

He wants to fight a patsy then he hasn't got a leg to stand on

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 am

Ok thanks guys.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duncan Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:04 am

Can you get Primetime on Virgin?

I guess there is no chance of ITV picking this up… Khan really could do with the exposure rather then an extra 50k/100k in his purse, but as a result know one seeing him fight.

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:06 am

Duncan wrote:Can you get Primetime on Virgin?

Well.............................

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:07 am

It's what a lot of suicide bombers believe at least.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:08 am

As I said in my original post, think the key he should have bore in mind for this one is his next fight looks likely to be against Bradley. That is a genuinely decent fight against a credible opponent that justifies the box office tag and with the correct promotion this could be a massive fight.

Cannot understand with this on the horizon why a fighter would want to pee off one of the major powerbrokers behind this fight. Think taking a hit on this fight and keeping Sky sweet would have paid off in the long run. Personally think Khan has been poorly advised on this one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:14 am

Bit o an odd move for khan. Shows him that he took this fight for the easy money and not for a hard fight. Fair play, losing £1.25 mil is quite alot but he has so many fight over the horizon which will get him better paydays. It won't sell in America as mcclosky is a nobody in their eyes this fight was only appealing to the British public which many can't watch now.

I would like to know how sky react after this. If khan wants a fight televised in the UK on sky, why would sky accept. They've already show they aren't afraid to let khan go. Sky have ppvs coming up that are actually very good. Khan must have looke at the undercard and his opponent
and realized it wasn't ppv worthy.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:19 am

Any time is good enough for me to be honest

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:22 am

Khan needs Sky more than Sky needs Khan. Sky have Haye and are looking to sign Froch after the super 6 as he looks to have some big fights coming up after that. potentially Bute or Kessler rematch, maybe even move up to LHW. They have Cleverly who should see off Braehmer who on his own isn't PPV but when you add De Gold, Gavin, Saunders and even Chisora to his cards which Warren has showed he is willing to do it becomes a worthy PPV show.
Primetime don't have the budget to promote Khan properly and don't see as many casual boxing fans buying it from them. Free to air TV would be nice but I don't see it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:58 am

I cant be bothered with all the hassle resgistering for Primetime then paying for it etc.

Khan is a money grabber and will lose a few fans (including myself) with this escapade

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:I cant be bothered with all the hassle resgistering for Primetime then paying for it etc.

Khan is a money grabber and will lose a few fans (including myself) with this escapade

That's the thing mate I'm aleady registered with primetime and have been since it started but I won't be buying this. I wasn't going to on SBO and certainly won't now.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Sky set up Khan with a PPV date without an opponent, that's where it went wrong. How can you do that and then blame it on the undercard? When do Sky usually care about an undercard? The undercard for Haye vs Valuev had far less interest than this for British fans (look it up, terrible), it's always been the main event that sells. Lets hope lessons are learnt.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next